Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,909 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

Jonathan's Probe:Igbo Leaders Crying More Than Ijaws-S/East Apc - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan's Probe:Igbo Leaders Crying More Than Ijaws-S/East Apc (5240 Views)

Nnamani, Iwuanyanwu, South-East APC Leaders Back Buhari, To Wait Till 2023 / EFCC Freezes Bola Shagaya’s N500m Account Over Patience Jonathan's Probe / Senate Orders Jonathan's Probe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan's Probe:Igbo Leaders Crying More Than Ijaws-S/East Apc by femmycares(m): 5:17pm On Aug 23, 2015
The South-East zonal chapter of All Progressives Congress, APC, on Sunday accused Igbo leaders who are opposing the probe of former President Goodluck Jonathan of desecrating the traditions of the Igbos.
The party said the Igbo leaders who are supporting the former president, have flouted the traditional admonition, which forbade Igbos from identifying with thieves or alleged thieves.
Several Igbo leaders, including Prof. Ben Nwabueze, Chairman of the Igbo Leaders of Thought, and the Secretary-General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Chief Joe Nwaorgu, had in recent times faulted President Muhammadu Buhari’s planned probe of the Jonathan administration.
They stressed that limiting the probe to Jonathan’s government was an indication that Buhari was being influenced in his anti-graft campaign.
Reacting to the development, however, the South-East APC, in a statement by its spokesman, Mr. Osita Okechukwu, told the concerned Igbo leaders to stop desecrating Igbo tradition by supporting Jonathan.
In the statement titled ‘Stop desecration of Igbo tradition’, the South-East APC spokesman wondered why Jonathan’s defence is being championed by Igbo leaders, rather than the ex-president’s Ijaw kinsmen.
Parts of the statement read, “The South-East Zonal Chapter of the All Progressives Congress calls on Igbo leaders, in the name of defending our dear ex-president, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, GCFR, to stop desecration of the long standing Igbo tradition and by extension, our revered ancestors.
“Our worry is that the timeless Igbo tradition, which admonishes us not to steal, and not to defend nor associate with rogues or even alleged rogues is being flagrantly breached by prominent Igbo sons, crying more than Ijaw sons and daughters.
“We are yet to locate any sentence where any of them, even our revered icon, erudite and constitutional lawyer, Professor Ben Nwabueze, in any form denied the mindless, pervasive and unbridled corruption which governed ex-president Jonathan’s regime.
“We stand to be corrected.
“Then why splash us with the mud?”
Okechukwu also condemned the Ohanaeze Ndigbo scribe’s argument that Buhari should extend the probe to the administration of former President Olusegun Obasanjo.
He accused Nwaorgu of deliberately blocking a planned meeting between Buhari and Ohanaeze Ndigbo before the elections.
According to Okechukwu, Buhari conveyed his request for the meeting, where he intended to “chart the way forward with Ndigbo”, in a letter forwarded to the Ohanaeze Ndigbo secretariat in November 2014.
“May we appeal to Chief Joe Nwaorgu and his cohorts, if actually the interest of Ndigbo is what they are fighting for, to climb down from their high horses, drop their ancient stereotypes and stop the hate narratives and embrace the true position that Ndigbo stands to gain more from President Buhari’s regime, if ever we gained from our massive support to former president Jonathan.
“Failing which, Chief Joe Nwaorgu and his cohorts, may wittingly or unwittingly confirm the allegation that they – Ndigbo ultra-defenders of Jonathan – were beneficiaries of presidential campaign slush funds”, Okechukwu added.
The South-East APC argued that “Ndigbo like all hard working groups in the country”, stand to gain more from Buhari’s administration than Jonathan’s, which it accused of dispensing patronage to cronies.
The party added that the Igbos are more likely to realise their wish to have one of their own as president of the country through Buhari.
According to Okechukwu “The Igbo ethnic merchants and gossip-terrorists who bandy all manner of conspiracy hate theories against President Buhari must come to terms that an eight-year tenure of the man of uncommon integrity is the surest route to actualisation of president of Igbo extraction, given the zoning convention”.

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Probe:Igbo Leaders Crying More Than Ijaws-S/East Apc by mensdept: 5:18pm On Aug 23, 2015
If they want to probe, begin with the British, then Gowon, OBJ, IBB, and on and on. Nonsense

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Probe:Igbo Leaders Crying More Than Ijaws-S/East Apc by Nobody: 5:19pm On Aug 23, 2015
Igbos aren't moved an inch...
I should expect that before 3 years time you hypocrites will get GEJ behind bars for corruption else you remain toothless dogs...

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Probe:Igbo Leaders Crying More Than Ijaws-S/East Apc by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 23, 2015
God bless the Eastern region!

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan's Probe:Igbo Leaders Crying More Than Ijaws-S/East Apc by DaBullIT(m): 5:21pm On Aug 23, 2015
Probe anything Probeable

Gbabee

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Probe:Igbo Leaders Crying More Than Ijaws-S/East Apc by AngryNigerian(m): 5:44pm On Aug 23, 2015
d way some pple (evn our statesmen) talk about isues is appaling...seems all hav sinned & come short of blah blah blah, so we speak from both sides of our mouths.
Probe GEJ,dnt probe him...start from hre or der! wetin? can we allow ds man a little breathn space? 2 govern no b moi-moi ooo

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Probe:Igbo Leaders Crying More Than Ijaws-S/East Apc by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 23, 2015
APC sudnt b in d SE self it sud b APGA only grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan's Probe:Igbo Leaders Crying More Than Ijaws-S/East Apc by dinachi(m): 6:30pm On Aug 23, 2015
Thank God for this matured response from Osita Okechukwu else I had begun to suspect that something is seriously wrong with our our sociocultural leaders.
Question remains why are Igbo leaders falling over themselves to defend Jonadunce?
The Ijaw are keeping silent. I am very ashamed to admit that the Ijaws are acting by far more matured that my brothers from south east.
At the end, the Ijaws will still gain more from Buhari's administration than the extremely immature and childish Igbos.
Look at the issue of government appointments. While the South south kept quiet, the Igbo clowns keep screaming to high heavens, telling all and sundry that Buhari hates them at the end the South south got a service chief, while the tantrum throwing extremely childish south east got nothing till now. It is a lesson folks. Childish rants will get the south east nowhere apart from opprobrium and being viewed with disdain by other tribes.
A word is enough for the wise.

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jonathan's Probe:Igbo Leaders Crying More Than Ijaws-S/East Apc by ARIZONA123(m): 6:56pm On Aug 23, 2015
Do we have anything like south east APC bikonu umu igbo ibem?

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Probe:Igbo Leaders Crying More Than Ijaws-S/East Apc by kernel501: 7:10pm On Aug 23, 2015
xtrorse:
Igbos aren't moved an inch...
I should expect that before 3 years time you hypocrites will get GEJ behind bars for corruption else you remain toothless dogs...
You think we are moved? We are not cowards, if Jonathan a Niger Delta man is probed, then... The likes of IBB, Abacha and Obansanjo with stolen Niger Delta Oil wells will be walking the streets of Naija free.

I dare Buhari to try Jonathan and see it there will be a country called Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Probe:Igbo Leaders Crying More Than Ijaws-S/East Apc by kernel501: 7:15pm On Aug 23, 2015
dinachi:
Thank God for this matured response from Osita Okechukwu else I had begun to suspect that something is seriously wrong with our our sociocultural leaders.
Question remains why are Igbo leaders falling over themselves to defend Jonadunce?
The Ijaw are keeping silent. I am very ashamed to admit that the Ijaws are acting by far more matured that my brothers from south east.
At the end, the Ijaws will still gain more from Buhari's administration than the extremely immature and childish Igbos.
Look at the issue of government appointments. While the South south kept quiet, the Igbo clowns keep screaming to high heavens, telling all and sundry that Buhari hates them at the end the South south got a service chief, while the tantrum throwing extremely childish south east got nothing till now. It is a lesson folks. Childish rants will get the south east nowhere apart from opprobrium and being viewed with disdain by other tribes.

You think we are moved? We are not cowards, if Jonathan a Niger Delta man is probed, then... The likes of IBB, Abacha and Obansanjo with stolen Niger Delta Oil wells will be walking the streets of Naija free.

I dare Buhari to try Jonathan and see it there will be a country called Nigeria. #IgboDareBuhariToProbeOurJonathan

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Probe:Igbo Leaders Crying More Than Ijaws-S/East Apc by Nobody: 7:23pm On Aug 23, 2015
Secondary school undergraduate are already on this thread,quoting and throwing insults,you retards needs to know that your father's age mate are here too..hence too..so please thread with caution

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Probe:Igbo Leaders Crying More Than Ijaws-S/East Apc by utytill(m): 7:25pm On Aug 23, 2015
S.S get wetin dem go dn,dem d wait make person play mumu game first.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Probe:Igbo Leaders Crying More Than Ijaws-S/East Apc by Duru1(m): 7:31pm On Aug 23, 2015
It is a pity that a national political party such as APC has found a path to induce tribalism in the polity of Nigeria. The idiotic Osita should explain to us how can someone steal a part or whole of what equally belongs to the person.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Probe:Igbo Leaders Crying More Than Ijaws-S/East Apc by Duru1(m): 7:35pm On Aug 23, 2015
dinachi:

Question remains why are Igbo leaders falling over themselves to defend Jonadunce?The Ijaw are keeping silent. I am very ashamed to admit that the Ijaws are acting by far more matured that my brothers from south east.

Per the bolded, most Nigerians lacked critical thought process. Which Igbo culture says that someone stole what partially or wholly belongs to the person?
Re: Jonathan's Probe:Igbo Leaders Crying More Than Ijaws-S/East Apc by dinachi(m): 8:04pm On Aug 23, 2015
Duru1:

Per the bolded, most Nigerians lacked critical thought process. Which Igbo culture says that someone stole what partially or wholly belongs to the person?
Very clearly, You are not aware that all lands in Nigeria belongs to FG by law. How Is the oil theirs? Meanwhile Jonadunce was President for years and did nothing about that law. There is oil in other states like Anambra ,Imo and even oil was discovered in Sokoto. Is it only the oil in the Nigerdelta that is good for stealing?Meanwhile oil is not the only source of income for Nigeria. Oil constitutes about sixty percent of Nigerias revenue so let nobody come here and spew thrash. Was Jonathan stealing for Ijaw people? How many Ijaw families and communities did he share the money with? If he was stealing what belongs to Ijaw people how come his Ijaw people are not defending him? WHY ARE IGBOS CRYING MORE THAN THE BEREAVED.?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan's Probe:Igbo Leaders Crying More Than Ijaws-S/East Apc by Duru1(m): 8:17pm On Aug 23, 2015
dinachi:

Very clearly, You are not aware that all lands in Nigeria belongs to FG by law. How Is the oil theirs? Meanwhile Jonadunce was President for years and did nothing about that law. There is oil in other states like Anambra ,Imo and even oil was discovered in Sokoto. Is it only the oil in the Nigerdelta that is good for stealing?Meanwhile oil is not the only source of income for Nigeria. Oil constitutes about sixty percent of Nigerias revenue so let nobody come here and spew thrash. Was Jonathan stealing for Ijaw people? How many Ijaw families and communities did he share the money with? If he was stealing what belongs to Ijaw people how come his Ijaw people are not defending him? WHY ARE IGBOS CRYING MORE THAN THE BEREAVED.?

Why are Nigerians so slavishly pander to crude oil? What has accusation of somebody for stealing something that is partly or wholly belongs to him or her got to do with crude oil? I have accused most Nigerians of lacking in critical thought process and the above post did not help matters either. Again, has Jonathan Goodluck ever told you he is Ijo, Ibibio, Ananng, Ogoni or Igbo? If by association that Jonathan remotely hailed from Ekpeye, your reckless suggestion of Ijo could be in jeopardy. I guess Nigerians do not know how to conduct themselves in public places.
Re: Jonathan's Probe:Igbo Leaders Crying More Than Ijaws-S/East Apc by dinachi(m): 8:21pm On Aug 23, 2015
kernel501:

I dare Buhari to try Jonathan and see it there will be a country called Nigeria. #IgboDareBuhariToProbeOurJonathan
Igbosdarebuharitoprobeourjonathan while Ijaw stay by the sidelines and laugh at the most politically foolish tribes. At the end Ijaws will get what they want and the foolish Igbos will go back with nothing pointing accusing fingers at everybody except,themselves. The Hausas and Yorubas are leading Nigeria now and even the Ijaws are showing deep maturity about how they carry themselves. Very soon, the Igbos will loose their position to the Ijaws and the political lexicon will start to only recognize Hausa Yoruba and Ijaws leaving the foolish Igbos to battle for position with other minority tribes. I pray my Igbo brothers wakes up before it is too late.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan's Probe:Igbo Leaders Crying More Than Ijaws-S/East Apc by dinachi(m): 8:25pm On Aug 23, 2015
Duru1:

Why are Nigerians so slavishly pander to crude oil? What has accusation of somebody for stealing something that is partly or wholly belongs to him or her got to do with crude oil? I have accused most Nigerians of lacking in critical thought process and the above post did not help matters either. Again, has Jonathan Goodluck ever told you he is Ijo, Ibibio, Ananng, Ogoni or Igbo? If by association that Jonathan remotely hailed from Ekpeye, your reckless suggestion of Ijo could be in jeopardy. I guess Nigerians do not know how to conduct themselves in public places.
How does Nigeria funds belong to only Jonathan?

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Probe:Igbo Leaders Crying More Than Ijaws-S/East Apc by EasternLion: 8:33pm On Aug 23, 2015
SE APC learning divide-and-rule.

Thunda fire you all.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Probe:Igbo Leaders Crying More Than Ijaws-S/East Apc by Duru1(m): 8:34pm On Aug 23, 2015
dinachi:

Igbosdarebuharitoprobeourjonathan while Ijaw stay by the sidelines and laugh at the most politically foolish tribes. At the end Ijaws will get what they want and the foolish Igbos will go back with nothing pointing accusing fingers at everybody except,themselves. The Hausas and Yorubas are leading Nigeria now and even the Ijaws are showing deep maturity about how they carry themselves. Very soon, the Igbos will loose their position to the Ijaws and the political lexicon will start to only recognize Hausa Yoruba and Ijaws leaving the foolish Igbos to battle for position with other minority tribes. I pray my Igbo brothers wakes up before it is too late.

I guess a dumbass such as you forgot it was not long ago the Ndiigbo were in civil war with Yoruba, Hausa, Fulani, northern region and majority of people from southern Nigeria. The civil war has been ominously continued by the successive federal government of Nigeria prominently led by Yoruba, Fulani and Hausa. If you do not see the link between the alleged probe of Jonathan's government and the Nigeria/Biafra civil war, I cannot help you.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan's Probe:Igbo Leaders Crying More Than Ijaws-S/East Apc by Duru1(m): 8:37pm On Aug 23, 2015
dinachi:

How does Nigeria funds belong to only Jonathan?

You are a dunce for asking such a stupid question. Is Jonathan not a Nigerian? Nigeria's fund belongs to Nigerians, dummy.
Re: Jonathan's Probe:Igbo Leaders Crying More Than Ijaws-S/East Apc by Sweetlemon(f): 9:01pm On Aug 23, 2015
dinachi:

Lmao!
Very soon their eye go clear. Just take it from me, if APC wins the elections in Bayelsa, Delta will follow suit, then Cross river and Akwa-Ibom (most likely Oron state will be carved out if PDP keeps refusing to include us in State affairs) because other SS states will not want to carry last. It's either their Governors will decamp or they will be overthrown, most especially the non-performing ones. Like play like play, SE will find that they are OYO in their us-against-the-world campaign.

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Probe:Igbo Leaders Crying More Than Ijaws-S/East Apc by winniz: 9:23pm On Aug 23, 2015
[s][/s]dinachi:

Igbosdarebuharitoprobeourjonathan while Ijaw stay by the sidelines and laugh at the most politically foolish tribes. At the end Ijaws will get what they want and the foolish Igbos will go back with nothing pointing accusing fingers at everybody except,themselves. The Hausas and Yorubas are leading Nigeria now and even the Ijaws are showing deep maturity about how they carry themselves. Very soon, the Igbos will loose their position to the Ijaws and the political lexicon will start to only recognize Hausa Yoruba and Ijaws leaving the foolish Igbos to battle for position with other minority tribes. I pray my Igbo brothers wakes up before it is too late.[s][/s]

Who are your Igbo brothers this treacherous Yoloba fo.ol? Did Igbos ask for your advice? you and your hateful, bigoted party APC can go to blazes!

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Probe:Igbo Leaders Crying More Than Ijaws-S/East Apc by Nobody: 9:27pm On Aug 23, 2015
Probe OBJ before GEJ angry

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Probe:Igbo Leaders Crying More Than Ijaws-S/East Apc by dinachi(m): 9:53pm On Aug 23, 2015
Duru1:

I guess a dumbass such as you forgot it was not long ago the Ndiigbo were in civil war with Yoruba, Hausa, Fulani, northern region and majority of people from southern Nigeria. The civil war has been ominously continued by the successive federal government of Nigeria prominently led by Yoruba, Fulani and Hausa. If you do not see the link between the alleged probe of Jonathan's government and the Nigeria/Biafra civil war, I cannot help you.
As usual your,embarrassingly naivety and pathetic ignorance shows itself again. How old are you? I am forced to ask this question because if you believe you an an adult with this kind of extremely childish reasoning then it were better your parents die of HIV/Aids than they had you!
It is because of idiotic nincompoops like you that other tribes laugh at us.
Your foolishness knows no bounds.
The same Ijaws you are fighting for joined hands with Nigeria to defeat Biafra during the civil war. The same Ijaws in Bayelsa state gave Ojukwu only 3 votes when he was contesting for presidency in 2003! In that same election they voted overwhelmingly for Obasanjo a Yoruba man and you are here spewing rubbish about Ijaw people. You are eternally cursed with foolishness if you think that Ijaws like you! When Dr Alex Ekwueme the then former vice president was arrested and being investigated for fraud by Buharis military government in 1984,how many Ijaw people spoke in Ekwuemes support, foolish fool?
Imbecilitic morons like you should be drawn and quartered for making Igbos look foolish.

12 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Probe:Igbo Leaders Crying More Than Ijaws-S/East Apc by kayo80(m): 9:56pm On Aug 23, 2015
This is so true...And I wonder why.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Probe:Igbo Leaders Crying More Than Ijaws-S/East Apc by Sweetlemon(f): 9:58pm On Aug 23, 2015
dinachi:

As usual your,embarrassingly naivety and pathetic ignorance shows itself again. How old are you? I am forced to ask this question because if you believe you an an adult with this kind of extremely childish reasoning then it were better your parents die of HIV/Aids than they had you!
The same Ijaws you are fighting for joined hands with Nigeria to defeat Biafra during the civil war. The same Ijaws in Bayelsa state gave Ojukwu only 3 votes when he was contesting for presidency in 2003! In that same election they voted overwhelmingly for Obasanjo a Yoruba man and you are here spewing rubbish about Ijaw people. You are eternally cursed with foolishness if you think that Ijaws like you! When Dr Alex Ekwueme the then former vice president was arrested and being investigated for fraud by Buharis military government in 1984,how many Ijaw people spoke in Ekwuemes support, foolish fool?
Imbecilitic morons like you should be drawn and quartered for making Igbos look foolish.

I need more Igbos like you on social media. Where the hell are y'all rational Igbos? Please stop keeping quiet so people don't conclude that it is majority of you that are bigots. Speak up!
Big ups bro! kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Probe:Igbo Leaders Crying More Than Ijaws-S/East Apc by winniz: 10:12pm On Aug 23, 2015
[s][/s]dinachi:

Imbecilitic morons like you should be drawn and quartered for making Igbos look foolish.[s][/s]

Useless Yoloba swine, why are you back stabbing Yoloba dem0ns crying more the bereaved? You hateful beings are so pained Igbos still support GEJ despite his loss. Igbos can clearly see through you traitors and betrayals that stands for nothing...so just keep your advice to yourself ibos don't need it.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Probe:Igbo Leaders Crying More Than Ijaws-S/East Apc by ArodewilliamsT: 10:15pm On Aug 23, 2015
Sweetlemon:

Lmao!
Very soon their eye go clear. Just take it from me, if APC wins the elections in Bayelsa, Delta will follow suit, then Cross river and Akwa-Ibom (most likely Oron state will be carved out if PDP keeps refusing to include us in State affairs) because other SS states will not want to carry last. It's either their Governors will decamp or they will be overthrown, most especially the non-performing ones. Like play like play, SE will find that they are OYO in their us-against-the-world campaign.

I JUST DEY LAUGH YOU.

Re: Jonathan's Probe:Igbo Leaders Crying More Than Ijaws-S/East Apc by Nobody: 10:20pm On Aug 23, 2015
When an igbo speak up against the stupidity of his fellow brothers,he/she is called a yoruba person,you will continue to hate the yoruba and later find out that they have since move on leaving you behind in your stupidity and foolishness....

14 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Probe:Igbo Leaders Crying More Than Ijaws-S/East Apc by dinachi(m): 10:21pm On Aug 23, 2015
Duru1:

You are a dunce for asking such a stupid question. Is Jonathan not a Nigerian? Nigeria's fund belongs to Nigerians, dummy.
Very clearly, it is obvious your village used your brain for money rituals! That is why your post lacks basic logic expected from a boy of five years! You are eternally cursed with foolishness.
Government money belongs to all Nigerians, and it is not meant to be stolen by one guy from otuoke, obtuse ape!
I hope your maggot infested brain grasps that?

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Faithill Prophetic Assembly Prophecies. About Buhari's Tenure / Umuigbo Thread / Pictures Of Poverty In Europe And America, That Cnn Or Bbc Wont Show!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.