Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,821 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Fayose Has No Project To Show After 10 Months In Power - APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Has No Project To Show After 10 Months In Power - APC (1789 Views)

After Two Years, APC Has No Project In Rivers Says Governor Wike / Fayose Has N300m In His Zenith Bank Account - Lere Olayinka / Ekiti Debt: Fayose Has Money To Pay 3 Months Salaries – Ex- Finance Commissioner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayose Has No Project To Show After 10 Months In Power - APC by lolaxavier(m): 6:31pm On Aug 23, 2015
* Says his only projects ‘re road shows, buying pepper, tomatoes in open markets

The Ekiti State chapter of All Progressives Congress (APC) has berated Governor Ayodele Fayose for reportedly mocking the legacies of former Governor Kayode Fayemi as not worthy of emulation and sustaining, stating that 10 months after inauguration, the governor could not point to any project he had initiated except conducting road shows, including buying pepper and tomatoes in open markets to pose as a friend of the poor.

The party in a statement by its Publicity Secretary, Taiwo Olatunbosun, said all the governor had done so far had tended towards taking sufferings to the doorsteps of Ekiti people.

Former Governor Kayode Fayemi and Governor Ayo Fayose

Olatunbosun, who affirmed that Fayemi’s legacies presented the best opportunities for Ekiti State to grow, stated that Governor Fayose was not only destroying himself, but also mortgaging the future of Ekiti people through stomach infrastructure that provides a kilogramme of rice and three-month-old chicken at every Christmas.

He said Instead of accusing Fayemi of fictitious N86b debts and abandoning former Segun Oni’s projects, the former governor completed all his predecessor’s projects, including the New Deputy Governor’s office, Oba Adejugbe Hospital Complex, House of Assembly Complex, Osun-Iloro, Isan-Ilemeso and Ado-Ifaki roads, among others.

Noting that Fayose and his media aide, Lere Olayinka, were “rabble-rousers and a perfect match in public image deficit”, Olatunbosun said the governor’s lies in reeling out inconsistent figures on the state debts had exposed him as a destroyer of worthy legacies and a man not prepared for governance to develop the state. He added that 10 months after inauguration, the governor could not point to any project he had initiated except conducting road shows, including buying pepper and tomatoes in open markets, to pose as a friend of the poor even when all he had done so far tended towards taking sufferings to the doorsteps of Ekiti people.

He said: [b]“Fayose claimed that Ekiti owed N86 billion, when in reality the debt restructuring as released by the Debt Management Office (DMO) and published in Thisday of Friday, August 21, 2015, confirmed Ekiti debt as N18. 8 billion after conversion to long-term bond.
“This has shown that Fayose is a pathological and serial liar. Ekiti people should now ask Fayose where he got the N86b figure he has been bandying around that does not allow him implement development projects, including payments of gratuities and pensions for several months while also refusing to pay last year September salaries and five months salaries to traditional rulers after collecting allocations for the payments,” he said. Olatunbosun also challenged Fayose to probe Fayemi who has made himself available in the last 10 months if he is sure of his allegations.

“Government is a continuum. Fayemi met billions of naira debts on assumption of office, but this did not deter him from executing many projects, including life-lifting and empowerment projects as well as enduring physical infrastructure, such as renovation of schools and hospitals, new Government House, the pavilion, the civic centre incorporating e-library, women development centre, conference centre and museum, construction of modern markets across the state amongst others. This also did not stop him from increasing workers salaries three times, a feat which Fayose never matched not even once,” Olatunbosun explained.
[/b]
He added: “Fayose has cancelled social security scheme for the elderly people, youths in commercial agricultural scheme that employed thousands of youths, apprenticeship scheme, youth volunteer programme, Ekiti Traffic Management Agency that employed hundreds of youths and community development and empowerment schemes and in their place, he instituted stomach infrastructure that has turned the youths to hell-raisers on the streets after bouts of drinks at ‘ogogoro’ joints where armed robbers and kidnappers take off for their various operations across the state, resulting in scaring investors and creating general atmosphere of insecurity in the state. Ekiti has become the kidnapping capital under Fayose’s administration.

“Ikogosi Warm Springs Resort that Fayose left in ruins but which was turned to a world class tourist centre by Fayemi is again facing another neglect by Fayose, even Fayemi also resuscitated Ire Burnt Bricks Company that was moribund for 22 years.” According to him, all these have again been destroyed by Fayose in just 10 months of his administration of stomach infrastructure, adding that with this callous and deceptive behaviour in conducting government business, Fayose was writing his name in dust and inadvertently destroying himself instead of destroying Fayemi’s legacies.

The party also dismissed Fayose as a devious master of blackmail, saying his betrayer tag on Fayemi was to celebrate non-existent feud in his relationship with the APC National Leader, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/fayose-has-no-project-to-show-after-10-months-in-power-apc/
Re: Fayose Has No Project To Show After 10 Months In Power - APC by Nobody: 6:33pm On Aug 23, 2015
Those bastards should fvcking leave him alone!!!
Re: Fayose Has No Project To Show After 10 Months In Power - APC by lolaxavier(m): 6:36pm On Aug 23, 2015
EroticAngelina:

I see no reason why he should be left alone when he has not registered any notable and laudable project in his course of administration. It is time citizens start holding their leaders accountable.

9 Likes

Re: Fayose Has No Project To Show After 10 Months In Power - APC by dulux07(m): 6:40pm On Aug 23, 2015
No..at lis he was hangin out in canteens, n cruisin with okada men, he is a man of d people grin
Re: Fayose Has No Project To Show After 10 Months In Power - APC by chymystique(f): 6:44pm On Aug 23, 2015
Waiting for fayose to drop his missles! gringrin
Re: Fayose Has No Project To Show After 10 Months In Power - APC by lolaxavier(m): 6:46pm On Aug 23, 2015
dulux07:
No..at lis he was hangin out in canteens, n cruisin with okada men, he is a man of d people grin

That is what you get when you vote in a man whose ambition is to fry plantain and hawk pepper

3 Likes

Re: Fayose Has No Project To Show After 10 Months In Power - APC by figment232(m): 6:50pm On Aug 23, 2015
What has Aregbe Rascal don in Osun? Idiotic party and it's bigots

2 Likes

Re: Fayose Has No Project To Show After 10 Months In Power - APC by Beremx(f): 6:51pm On Aug 23, 2015
....temitemi's role model!
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Fayose Has No Project To Show After 10 Months In Power - APC by oduastates: 6:51pm On Aug 23, 2015
Populism without objectivity , competence and character will never get you anywhere .
Stomach infrastructure and a landscape destroying flyover is probably all they will get out of thugnor fayose.
Re: Fayose Has No Project To Show After 10 Months In Power - APC by puffpuff: 6:55pm On Aug 23, 2015
I reside in ado ekiti and I know of two roads that were constructed by fayose. Adehun/car wash street en route onala quarters and Bawa /irewumi/police headquarters. dualisation of textile/awedele road is ongoing. construction of an edifice at fajuyi is on too. I don't know of other towns and villages in ekiti but I can say with confidence that fayose could lay claim to few projects in ado as his credit. although, it is below expectations.
ekiti APC should learnt how to be a formidable opposition and not jester.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Has No Project To Show After 10 Months In Power - APC by mczico1: 7:01pm On Aug 23, 2015
I miss gej

1 Like

Re: Fayose Has No Project To Show After 10 Months In Power - APC by lolaxavier(m): 7:07pm On Aug 23, 2015
mczico1:
I miss gej

Re: Fayose Has No Project To Show After 10 Months In Power - APC by lolaxavier(m): 7:19pm On Aug 23, 2015
figment232:
What has Aregbe Rascal don in Osun? Idiotic party and it's bigots

No one says you can't question an APC governor. If he has not done anything meaningful in the state, question him too. This is not a political party assessment only
Re: Fayose Has No Project To Show After 10 Months In Power - APC by bcomputer101: 7:22pm On Aug 23, 2015
it would make much sense when people of the state are complaining. I'm a Buhari fan BUT I won't support opposition on this.

Fayose is the man of the people in Ekiti state.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Has No Project To Show After 10 Months In Power - APC by lolaxavier(m): 7:37pm On Aug 23, 2015
bcomputer101:
it would make much sense when people of the state are complaining.
I'm a Buhari fan BUT I won't support opposition on this.

Man of the people with nothing to show. Ekiti, you are on a long thing...

1 Like

Re: Fayose Has No Project To Show After 10 Months In Power - APC by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:37pm On Aug 23, 2015
Is buying of food stuff and giving policemen and civil servants not part of the dividend of democracy?

1 Like

Re: Fayose Has No Project To Show After 10 Months In Power - APC by Pelupelu: 8:25pm On Aug 23, 2015
puffpuff:
I reside in ado ekiti and I know of two roads that were constructed by fayose. Adehun/car wash street en route onala quarters and Bawa /irewumi/police headquarters. dualisation of textile/awedele road is ongoing. construction of an edifice at fajuyi is on too. I don't know of other towns and villages in ekiti but I can say with confidence that fayose could lay claim to few projects in ado as his credit. although, it is below expectations.
ekiti APC should learnt how to be a formidable opposition and not jester.

No one in Ekiti will give Chief Tubosun the undeserved attention he's seeking.. Fayose is currently working on the rehabilitation of the road which lead to his home town.. Anyway, he may not be aware because his types are only visible on air.. Ask him the last time he visited his home country..

No matter how littLe Fayose's achievement is we are confortable with it.. You don't kill the people in order to build the economy.. He's been servicing your administartion's debt and the state workforce are not complaining.. We can spot the differences between pro-people and anti-people politicians..

Trust this Ekiti APC's image maker(destroyer) at your own peril!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Has No Project To Show After 10 Months In Power - APC by richidinho(m): 8:27pm On Aug 23, 2015
grin
Re: Fayose Has No Project To Show After 10 Months In Power - APC by lolaxavier(m): 8:42pm On Aug 23, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
Is buying of food stuff and giving policemen and civil servants not part of the dividend of democracy?

U fall my hand
Re: Fayose Has No Project To Show After 10 Months In Power - APC by lolaxavier(m): 5:42am On Aug 24, 2015
undecided
Re: Fayose Has No Project To Show After 10 Months In Power - APC by lolaxavier(m): 6:13am On Aug 24, 2015
True
Re: Fayose Has No Project To Show After 10 Months In Power - APC by ba7man(m): 7:11am On Aug 24, 2015
EroticAngelina:
Why should they leave him alone?
Re: Fayose Has No Project To Show After 10 Months In Power - APC by ba7man(m): 7:15am On Aug 24, 2015
Pelupelu:

No one in Ekiti will give Chief Tubosun the undeserved attention he's seeking.. Fayose is currently working on the rehabilitation of the road which lead to his home town.. Anyway, he may not be aware because his types are only visible on air.. Ask him the last time he visited his home country..

No matter how littLe Fayose's achievement is we are confortable with it.. You don't kill the people in order to build the economy.. He's been servicing your administartion's debt and the state workforce are not complaining.. We can spot the differences between pro-people and anti-people politicians..

Trust this Ekiti APC's image maker(destroyer) at your own peril!!!!!!!!!
Servicing debts is the scam he came up with to avoid doing serious work.

They have publicly refuted his claims on debts, Fayose should come out and tell us where he got his figures from.

Well, as long as Ekiti people and pdp supporters are happy to see road side purchases, rice sharing, taking Okadas, eating in roadside bukas as a sign of good governance............ what's my own? undecided
Re: Fayose Has No Project To Show After 10 Months In Power - APC by FreeGlobe(f): 7:18am On Aug 24, 2015
Fayose is far better than Buhari when we compare what they did within 3 months. Buhari has not even formed his government after 3 months
Re: Fayose Has No Project To Show After 10 Months In Power - APC by omenka(m): 7:20am On Aug 24, 2015
Isn't it obvious. I could remember saying it the other time that he practices the kind of politics Emperors of Old Italy practiced- distract citizens from noticing the rot in government by constantly putting up spectacular gladiator shows in the Coliseum (Fayose's Coliseum is the streets and the market) - and at some point someone created a thread asking the admirers of the governor to show us projects that have been completed or initiated by the governor and as suspected, not even a toadstool was shown us!

Granted, the man is smart. He steals a billion from the people and in return buys soup ingredients worth at most 5 thousand naira from them, dance in the streets with them, take an okada ride with them, give them chickens for christmas, etc creating an impression he's one of them and then they totally lose sight of the ball, the reason why he was elected in the first place.

He understands once the ordinary man on the street have your back, you can just about do whatever you want without fear of a backlash politically- they would rise to your defense at the snap of a finger and due to their sheer numbers, it would be in the interest of your opponents not to push too hard and have those "ordinary people" come after them.

It is unfortunate same people that are insisting on ripping Buhari apart in just under two months after taking office see nothing wrong with Fayose who's got absolutely nothing to his credit in nearly a year.

I don't know how long it would take before the people of Ekiti who used to pride themselves as very shrewd set of people wake up from their mental slumber, but the earlier they realize they've been subjects of a very deceptive form of politics, the better for them.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Has No Project To Show After 10 Months In Power - APC by Happiness87(f): 7:25am On Aug 24, 2015
oduastates:
Populism without objectivity , competence and character will never get you anywhere .
Stomach infrastructure and a landscape destroying flyover is probably all they will get out of thugnor fayose.
like this hahaha

kindly tell us what osun state has done

Re: Fayose Has No Project To Show After 10 Months In Power - APC by Happiness87(f): 7:27am On Aug 24, 2015
lolaxavier:

Man of the people with nothing to show. Ekiti, you are on a long thing...

Fayose is currently working on the rehabilitation of the road which lead to his home town.. Anyway, he may not be aware because his types are only visible on air.. Ask him the last time he visited his home country..No matter how littLe Fayose's achievement is we are confortable with it.. You don't kill the people in order to build the economy.. He's been servicing your administartion's debt and the state workforce are not complaining.. We can spot the differences between pro-peopleand anti-people politicians..
Re: Fayose Has No Project To Show After 10 Months In Power - APC by Happiness87(f): 7:30am On Aug 24, 2015
omenka:
Isn't it obvious. I could remember saying it the other time and at some point someone created a thread asking the admirers of the governor to show us projects that have been completed or initiated by the governor and as suspected, not a toadstool was shown us!
wailing wailing continues, Ekiti people are wiser
he was given a rowdy ovation at an occasion over the weekend.

your lies won't sell,
Fayemi tired, but His method only favoured the elites who don't even have voters card.

Govt is for the people, is your policies don't favour the people do away with it
Re: Fayose Has No Project To Show After 10 Months In Power - APC by omenka(m): 7:43am On Aug 24, 2015
bcomputer101:
it would make much sense when people of the state are complaining.
I'm a Buhari fan BUT I won't support opposition on this.

Read my first post and you'd understand what he's doing. It is a shame the people of Ekiti can't see beyond his gimmicks.
Re: Fayose Has No Project To Show After 10 Months In Power - APC by omenka(m): 7:49am On Aug 24, 2015
Happiness87:
wailing wailing continues, Ekiti people are wiser
he was given a rousy ovation at an occasion over the weekend.

your lies won't sell,
Fayemi tired, but His method only favoured the elites who don't even have voters card.

Govt is for the people, is your policies don't favour the people do away with it
It is bad enough being an illiterate, but when one is a dumb illiterate it becomes a double tragedy.

People like this are the type we are forced to contend with on cyberspace.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Has No Project To Show After 10 Months In Power - APC by Happiness87(f): 7:53am On Aug 24, 2015
omenka:
It is bad enough being an illiterate, but when one is a dumb illiterate it becomes a double tragedy.

People like this are the type we are forced to contend with on cyberspace.
he goat, refute my argument or die in silence, idiot

Typical, APC, trying to evade my point
Re: Fayose Has No Project To Show After 10 Months In Power - APC by sammyj: 7:58am On Aug 24, 2015
Still reading

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet Beautiful Mrs Olabisi Kolawole, Nigeria’s First Female Police PRO (photo) / Why I Married 18-years Old Princess – 54-years Old Emir Sanusi Lamido Sanusi / Nigeria Produced US$16 Billion Worth Of Cassava In 2013 But Consumed 90 Percent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.