Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,976 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:58 AM

APC Will Slash Tariffs On Imported Cars -osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Will Slash Tariffs On Imported Cars -osinbajo (2925 Views)

Tariffs: Benin, Ghana Wage Economic War Against Nigeria / APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General / Six Reasons Why Dakuku Peterside Of APC Will Win Rivers Guber Elections Rerun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Will Slash Tariffs On Imported Cars -osinbajo by tociano009(m): 6:42pm On Aug 23, 2015
Vice Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, has assured that the General Muhammadu Buhari government will slash tariffs on imported vehicles.

He also said that the APC government would tackle the power problem by decentralising power generation across the country.

While addressing a town hall meeting of political stakeholders in Ondo State on Tuesday, Osinbajo said Buhari will not Islamise Nigeria contrary to the campaign smear of the Peoples Democratic Party.

He said, “We do not agree that there should be high tariffs on imported cars whether new or old ones because Nigeria is not producing cars for now.

“What we will do first is to fix power and encourage local production of cars. But before then we will reduce the high tariffs that Nigerians are paying to import vehicles into the country.”

Prof. Osinbajo argued that Nigerians should not find it difficult to purchase cars for their soci0-economic activities, and the APC government would ensure lower tariffs when voted into power.

On power, the vice presidential candidate said the problem in Nigeria was traceable to the lack of supply of gas to the power plants.

He promised that module power plants would be situated in neighborhoods where power is needed and gas supplied to it using trucks and other means besides pipelines.

According to him, the model has already been put to use in Lagos State where such plants supply power to designated neighborhoods.

Osinbajo also denied that the APC government would ban commercial motor cycles across the country, saying okada would be allowed provided riders obey laws and keep to the rules in the states where they operate.

He lamented the unemployment situation in the country, saying that as an emergency measure, the APC government would cooperate with states in creating 20,000 jobs annually in the country.

He said corruption would be stopped so that resources would be available for development projects.

He said under APC government, it would be criminal not to pay pensions, saying the law that would be put in place would compel employers to ensure pensioners got their entitlements as soon as they retire.

Osinbajo added that the job creation strategy would involve making loans available to small businesses with little or no interest

http://www.punchng.com/news/apc-will-slash-tariffs-on-imported-cars-osinbajo/
Re: APC Will Slash Tariffs On Imported Cars -osinbajo by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:43pm On Aug 23, 2015
YES! We know you people "WILL
Re: APC Will Slash Tariffs On Imported Cars -osinbajo by agarawu23(m): 6:44pm On Aug 23, 2015
good
Re: APC Will Slash Tariffs On Imported Cars -osinbajo by adonbilivit: 6:45pm On Aug 23, 2015
please do o.
Re: APC Will Slash Tariffs On Imported Cars -osinbajo by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 23, 2015
Another Goslow.......
Re: APC Will Slash Tariffs On Imported Cars -osinbajo by Firefire(m): 6:46pm On Aug 23, 2015
Another new set of lies coming from the professional liars...

5k una never pay, embarassed

1 Like

Re: APC Will Slash Tariffs On Imported Cars -osinbajo by chocolateme(f): 6:46pm On Aug 23, 2015
All I keep getting from federal government is "Will, will and will"
When will the "will' come to pass?

2 Likes

Re: APC Will Slash Tariffs On Imported Cars -osinbajo by ochejoseph(m): 6:47pm On Aug 23, 2015
The Auto industry is dead then

Why will Toyota decide to Build a Plant in Nigeria and hire young Nigerians to power the auto revolution, when Nissan, Kia, Innoson et all are about to crumble under a government that subsidies tukunbo businesses at the expense of a home grown auto revolution.

Turning Nigeria into a dumping ground for vehicles that were recalled due to defects and mechanical issues is all the auto industry needs to crumble!

These guys should concentrate on keeping small promises like

1. Declaring assets publicly

2. Paying 5 K to Unemployed

3 . Truly abolishing the office of the first lady or is it wife of Pres

Before undertaking complex and confusing task they don't understand

I see job losses in the auto industry except these APC guys come to their senses

4 Likes

Re: APC Will Slash Tariffs On Imported Cars -osinbajo by asumo12: 6:47pm On Aug 23, 2015
grin
tociano009:
Vice Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, has assured that the General Muhammadu Buhari government will slash tariffs on imported vehicles.

He also said that the APC government would tackle the power problem by decentralising power generation across the country.

While addressing a town hall meeting of political stakeholders in Ondo State on Tuesday, Osinbajo said Buhari will not Islamise Nigeria contrary to the campaign smear of the Peoples Democratic Party.

He said, “We do not agree that there should be high tariffs on imported cars whether new or old ones because Nigeria is not producing cars for now.

“What we will do first is to fix power and encourage local production of cars. But before then we will reduce the high tariffs that Nigerians are paying to import vehicles into the country.”

Prof. Osinbajo argued that Nigerians should not find it difficult to purchase cars for their soci0-economic activities, and the APC government would ensure lower tariffs when voted into power.

On power, the vice presidential candidate said the problem in Nigeria was traceable to the lack of supply of gas to the power plants.

He promised that module power plants would be situated in neighborhoods where power is needed and gas supplied to it using trucks and other means besides pipelines.

According to him, the model has already been put to use in Lagos State where such plants supply power to designated neighborhoods.

Osinbajo also denied that the APC government would ban commercial motor cycles across the country, saying okada would be allowed provided riders obey laws and keep to the rules in the states where they operate.

He lamented the unemployment situation in the country, saying that as an emergency measure, the APC government would cooperate with states in creating 20,000 jobs annually in the country.

He said corruption would be stopped so that resources would be available for development projects.

He said under APC government, it would be criminal not to pay pensions, saying the law that would be put in place would compel employers to ensure pensioners got their entitlements as soon as they retire.

Osinbajo added that the job creation strategy would involve making loans available to small businesses with little or no interest

Re: APC Will Slash Tariffs On Imported Cars -osinbajo by Firefire(m): 6:50pm On Aug 23, 2015
chocolateme:
All I keep getting from federal government is "Will, will and will"
When will the "will' come to pass?

The baba go slow say na slow and steady...

2 Likes

Re: APC Will Slash Tariffs On Imported Cars -osinbajo by tociano009(m): 6:51pm On Aug 23, 2015
asumo12:
grin
Na this thing they vex me , b4 gej left I want to ship a car to Lagos it is 280k then and I m waiting for Apc to slash it but painfully clearing is now 320 for just small car
Re: APC Will Slash Tariffs On Imported Cars -osinbajo by Beremx(f): 7:01pm On Aug 23, 2015
Firefire:
Another new set of lies coming from the professional liars...

5k una never pay, embarassed

So you are waiting for 5k to collect too? Are you an impoverished Nigerian?
Re: APC Will Slash Tariffs On Imported Cars -osinbajo by Nobody: 7:02pm On Aug 23, 2015
tociano009:

Prof. Osinbajo argued that Nigerians should not find it difficult to purchase cars for their soci0-economic activities, and the APC government would ensure lower tariffs[b] when voted into power.[/b]

op I can see you are just waking up from your coma since 1944.this August 2015. STALE NEWS
Re: APC Will Slash Tariffs On Imported Cars -osinbajo by UnknownT: 7:03pm On Aug 23, 2015
Is this a recent happening or a campaign promise? It sounds like a campaign promise to me
Re: APC Will Slash Tariffs On Imported Cars -osinbajo by Happiness87(f): 7:03pm On Aug 23, 2015
who is talking
Re: APC Will Slash Tariffs On Imported Cars -osinbajo by Firefire(m): 7:03pm On Aug 23, 2015
Beremx:
So you are waiting for 5k to collect too? Are you an impoverished Nigerian?

I am only sharing from your grieve on the delayed payment, what are e-friends for ?

Sorry about it, Baba Go slow, will remember his promises at the fullness of time.

1 Like

Re: APC Will Slash Tariffs On Imported Cars -osinbajo by TIMEISWISDOM(m): 7:05pm On Aug 23, 2015
Mr Osibanjo, whatever yo do please don't kill our infant automobile industry because of used tokunbo.
I thought we were moving towards manufacturing? why this ?
Re: APC Will Slash Tariffs On Imported Cars -osinbajo by Beremx(f): 7:07pm On Aug 23, 2015
Firefire:

I am only sharing from your grieve on the delayed payment, what are e-friends for ?

Sorry about it, Baba Go slow, will remember his promises at the fullness of time.
Why hammering on the money when you don't need it? Is the money TAN paying you not enough?
Re: APC Will Slash Tariffs On Imported Cars -osinbajo by temitemi1(m): 7:11pm On Aug 23, 2015
Another promise cheesy
Re: APC Will Slash Tariffs On Imported Cars -osinbajo by basisop(m): 7:12pm On Aug 23, 2015
This people are drunk. When Nigerians are now thinking of owning new vehicles. They should separate propaganda from economic facts.
Re: APC Will Slash Tariffs On Imported Cars -osinbajo by Firefire(m): 7:15pm On Aug 23, 2015
Beremx:
Why hammering on the money when you don't need it? Is the money TAN paying you not enough?

Let see how this tariff slash will work...

Btw:

APC & Buhari MUST pay the jobless Nairaland APC thugs the 5k, otherwise riot to sele from October 2015.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Will Slash Tariffs On Imported Cars -osinbajo by Beremx(f): 7:18pm On Aug 23, 2015
Firefire:

Let see how this tariff slash will work...

Btw:

APC & Buhari MUST pay the jobless Nairaland APC thugs the 5k, otherwise riot to sele from October 2015.

the same jobless nairaland APC thugs that you and your fellow wailer were seeking for monetary protection? grin

abeg i no wan laugh!
Re: APC Will Slash Tariffs On Imported Cars -osinbajo by bcomputer101: 7:27pm On Aug 23, 2015
I so much believe before the end of Buhari era, Nigeria will be like a small heaven.

in Buhari I believe.
Re: APC Will Slash Tariffs On Imported Cars -osinbajo by asumo12: 7:36pm On Aug 23, 2015
tociano009:
Na this thing they vex me , b4 gej left I want to ship a car to Lagos it is 280k then and I m waiting for Apc to slash it but painfully clearing is now 320 for just small car

Which port?

shocked
Re: APC Will Slash Tariffs On Imported Cars -osinbajo by vanunu: 7:43pm On Aug 23, 2015
This govt is turning out to be a very useless govt, when we all hoped that nigeria is gradually turning to Africans auto manufacturing hub, the useless govt wants to kill our hope. Fooolish govt.
Re: APC Will Slash Tariffs On Imported Cars -osinbajo by ishiamu(m): 8:37pm On Aug 23, 2015
Beremx:
the same jobless nairaland APC thugs that you and your fellow wailer were seeking for monetary protection? grin

abeg i no wan laugh!

You got nothing to say it's obvious firefire ignore this hold hag

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Will Slash Tariffs On Imported Cars -osinbajo by agabaI23(m): 9:39pm On Aug 23, 2015
This was part of the reason I wanted second tenure for GEJ. They promised to open up Nigerian market to US as a condition for releasing arms embargo. Change!
Re: APC Will Slash Tariffs On Imported Cars -osinbajo by Firefire(m): 12:14am On Jun 13, 2016
Osibanjo, APC, how far with this promise ? grin

Re: APC Will Slash Tariffs On Imported Cars -osinbajo by Rose2014: 12:19am On Jun 13, 2016
Interestingly, nobody on this thread believed them in the first place grin

Chai

1 Like

Re: APC Will Slash Tariffs On Imported Cars -osinbajo by fallout87: 12:23am On Jun 13, 2016
So in short they will kill are factories building cars in Nigeria.

What kind of stupidity is this? Instead of them raising taxes on imports to increase government revenue they ban daily use items, do a fake corruption war and lower taxes on luxury imports ensuring rich people in the country don't have to pair for their excess.

This is moronic. Congrats on your "change" Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: APC Will Slash Tariffs On Imported Cars -osinbajo by Firefire(m): 12:26am On Jun 13, 2016
Rose2014:
Interestingly, nobody on this thread believed them in the first place grin

Chai

I will start opening up past threads where we warned Nigerians about the many lies of the fraudulent party called APC.

No one in that party is known to speak the truth absolutely no one.

APC, Party of professional liars and career fraudsters.

1 Like

Re: APC Will Slash Tariffs On Imported Cars -osinbajo by Emekamex(m): 12:30am On Jun 13, 2016
How will this grow our economy?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Is All The Money Allocated To The Niger Delta? Lies Don't Last (Photo) / The List Of Governorship Aspirants In 18th Nov. 2017 Election In Anambra State / Stakerlives: Why I Am Proud To Be A Fulani Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.