Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,558 members, 7,837,149 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Why I’m Scared Of Wike’s Probe—amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I’m Scared Of Wike’s Probe—amaechi (552 Views)

Photos Of Wike's Body Soaked With Water While Commissioning Projects Today / Photo Of Wike's "Special" Handshake Surfaces After Accusing Amaechi Of Cultism / Why I’m Fighting To Stop Wike’s Probe Of My Administration — Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I’m Scared Of Wike’s Probe—amaechi by aproko247: 7:48pm On Aug 23, 2015
Former governor of Rivers State, Rotimi Amaechi, has explained why he is run helter skelter to stop his successor from looking into activities of his administration.

Amaechi, in a statement issued on Sunday by his media team, disclosed that he is not sure of getting a fair hearing at the Judicial Commission of inquiry set up Governor Nyesom Wike. He insinuated that Wike is only set to get back at him.

“The commission will not be fair to Amaechi because it was set up to indict him,” the statement stressed.

“Wike had repeatedly held that Amaechi, the person to be investigated, acted illegally in the disbursement of public funds and that Amaechi ran a corrupt government. Clearly, Wike has prejudged the matter and showed his bias that Amaechi is guilty even before investigations,” the statement added.

It was pointed out that Wike “has taken a position of a guilty verdict even before the outcome is known or established” and would not trust the outcome of the Commission.

The statement further pointed out that, “In one of the defective terms of reference, Wike said the Commission should investigate the circumstances that led to the ‘sale of the state Hotel Olympia’.

“With a fair and decent probe, the Inquiry should have been ‘to examine (or investigate) the transaction concerning Hotel Olympia’. The difference is so clear:

“In the former, jaundiced Wike’s Term of Reference, it has been prejudiced and concluded that the Hotel was sold, while in the latter, the Inquiry is open and fair, and may lead to a finding of a sale or a lease or even a gift or even a pledge.

“Now, having so concluded that Hotel Olympia was sold, would Wike be decent and humble enough to reverse himself if documents showed it was never sold but concessioned or leased?”

“This is one of the dangers of Wike’s commission that harbours a predetermined outcome in the name of an Inquiry and Amaechi will not subject himself to Wike’s deceit and phony shenanigans. Hotel Olympia was never sold. The hotel was only concessioned (or leased) on the approval of the State Executive Council and not sold,” the statement said.

“Even while inaugurating his yeoman commission of Inquiry, Wike could not conceal his vendetta agenda. He was clear to the panel members that their job is to indict Amaechi.

read more here: http://www.aproko247.com/2015/08/23/why-im-scared-of-wikes-probe-amaechi/
Re: Why I’m Scared Of Wike’s Probe—amaechi by Emphany: 7:51pm On Aug 23, 2015
A man who has no guilt should have nofin to fear... @ Mr. Amaechi
Re: Why I’m Scared Of Wike’s Probe—amaechi by Nobody: 10:07pm On Aug 23, 2015
So he's even scared? I thought they said he is a bagar?
Re: Why I’m Scared Of Wike’s Probe—amaechi by azimibraun: 10:15pm On Aug 23, 2015
It's only normal to make such statements. It's fear but necessity. It's a statement people who respect the rule of law makes. It's like going to court and saying because you are not afraid, you won't bow to the judge ans call him" my lord". A request for. Fair and just inquiry is no fear. Wike also could face an inquiry when the deals he was involved in or not in the federal ministry of education come under scrutiny.

Wike should and must do the needful but with caution becouse Ameachi has friends at the center and they may come to his Aid as GEJ nd PEJ supported Wike. Besides, Ameachi am sure has got some stuff on Wike also as his former boss. Wike is living in a Brick... Sorry Glass house.

(1) (Reply)

MDCN To Verify All Federal Government Employed Doctors To Avoid Fakes / Caption This Photo / Breaking: 200 Bokos Join ISIS In Libya.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.