Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,177 members, 7,825,673 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Amazing Things Doctors In Nigeria Do Often. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Amazing Things Doctors In Nigeria Do Often. (467 Views)

9 Craziest Things Doctors Removed From Patients / The 6 Things Doctors Wouldn’t Tell You That You Must Know / 10 Amazing Things The Body Does To Keep Us Alive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Amazing Things Doctors In Nigeria Do Often. by Profayo: 6:58am On Aug 24, 2015
Often times,Nigerian doctors are being made mentioned of in light of bad things or mistakes they make,but from my experience as a medical student,Nigerian doctors are very dedicated to their patients and often go beyond their job description to make sure their patients are cured. Here are some of the things I've witnessed:

1.Donating blood to patients: In Nigeria,scarcity of unpaid blood donors is a major concern.At a particular time we had a patient that needed quite a lof blood,the consultant in charge had to donate his own blood for this patient and mobilized other doctors and medical student to donate just to save the life of the patient.

2. Paying the bills of patients: Most patients that come to government hospitals are usually of lower socioeconomic status,the middle income go to private hospitals, the rich travels out. Often times,patients in Nigeria are unable to pay their bills.Many times I've witnessed doctors paying the bills for a patient to have a test done,paying part or even all the hospital bills of patient at times.

3. Going home to find out why a patient missed clinic: So many times,doctors in Nigeria will go to patient houses just to find out why the patient missed clinic or stops coming for treatment,infact appealing and begging them not to miss clinics again.

That's just they few I could write about now,feel free to add yours.Please learn to appreciate doctors and say thank you the next time you see one.

Dedicated to the new part 6 students of OAU.Wishing the part 4 and 6 students all the best in their exams.
Re: Amazing Things Doctors In Nigeria Do Often. by Profayo: 4:54am On Sep 01, 2015
Following the recent happenings in UNIPORT,and the outcry aginst health professionals, I will appeals to the mods to let this hit the front page so people can see the sacrfices doctors make.

cc: lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Here Are 5 Simple Rules For Burning That Excess Fat / The Lady Accusing The Man She Had Sex With Of Effecting Her With Stds / Get The Best Out Of Honey And Water...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.