Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,745 members, 7,824,147 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Checking The Database(visual Basic 6.0) - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Checking The Database(visual Basic 6.0) (968 Views)

All You Need To Know About Visual Basic / Is Learning Visual Basic Under Asp.net In 2017, A Waste / How To Add Icon To Visual Basic 6.0 Form (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Checking The Database(visual Basic 6.0) by CaptainPlanet(m): 7:02am On Aug 24, 2015
i have created a customer table containing customer_name and customer_ID in database and i want if i type in the customers ID number lets say in a textbox, (1)it should check the database to see if the ID exist and (2)then call up the corresponding name with that ID and display it in a label button>>>please reply my threads...its urgent
Re: Checking The Database(visual Basic 6.0) by Nobody: 7:12am On Aug 24, 2015
Let's see some screenShot
Re: Checking The Database(visual Basic 6.0) by Nobody: 7:18am On Aug 24, 2015
I will get ban today grin
Re: Checking The Database(visual Basic 6.0) by OPEYEMIAD(m): 4:51am On Aug 28, 2015
set up database connecction i guess you can do dat

record here is your recordset name

Private sub search()
call connectionname
set record = new adodb.recordset
record.open "select * from databasetablename where customer_ID ='" text1.text"' and customer_name = '"text2.text"'", activeconectionname, 3, 3

if text1.text = "" & record.customer_id and text2.text = "" & record.customer_name then
label1.caption = "" &record.customer_name
else
msgbox ("no record found", vbcritical")
end if

set record = nothing
close activeconnection
end sub

if you dont get it add me on whatsapp to send the script to you

Re: Checking The Database(visual Basic 6.0) by Nobody: 6:45am On Aug 28, 2015
^^^^Na the screenshot be that bah? Oya proxy20, carry on - your screenshot has been supplied with gusto.
Re: Checking The Database(visual Basic 6.0) by Nobody: 8:32am On Aug 28, 2015
dhtml the guy said he has created the database Wats the problem na .
Re: Checking The Database(visual Basic 6.0) by dhtml19(m): 8:51am On Aug 28, 2015
Oh, i see, thread padlocked then!
Re: Checking The Database(visual Basic 6.0) by Nobody: 12:18pm On Aug 28, 2015
You don't give a screenshot and you want your problem solved? Spiritually? Or metamorphically?

If I say something someone would start looking for something to say to me, why don't u press print screen, save in paint and save on your desktop and upload here. So they have your problem fixed for you.
Re: Checking The Database(visual Basic 6.0) by dhtml19(m): 1:11pm On Aug 28, 2015
^^^By oyinbo magick
Re: Checking The Database(visual Basic 6.0) by Nobody: 1:24pm On Aug 28, 2015
Yea and by the way which industry standard applications uses visual basic 6.0 these days?
Re: Checking The Database(visual Basic 6.0) by dhtml19(m): 2:06pm On Aug 28, 2015
^^^None that i know/have heard of.
Re: Checking The Database(visual Basic 6.0) by Nobody: 2:46pm On Aug 28, 2015
His mates are learning pascal /c# /c++ he's backdating himself with visual basic which even Microsoft has closed and cancelled anything or rather everything to do with, that's why they created vb.net, and even c# which is basically drag and drop and some fewer lines of code.

I even wonder why he doesn't even read in the first place.

@op, Skype was coded in delphi and c++, ios apps are coded in c# or objective C, android apps are coded in java /python / c#,/ java script , windows app in c# or c++ or java or pascal(object pascal) , OS development involves some assembly (nasm, hla) and so many others, you can do system automation and some programming with AutoIT..
Why not do something useful with these languages than work on something that's deprecated?
Re: Checking The Database(visual Basic 6.0) by dhtml19(m): 5:14pm On Aug 28, 2015
^^^I am telling you, it is seriously embarrassing and disgraceful for anyone to even be discussing visual basic 6.0 in this age and time.

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Learn Mobile App Development / How Can I Learn Ceh / ......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.