Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,179 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

How To Add Icon To Visual Basic 6.0 Form - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How To Add Icon To Visual Basic 6.0 Form (5024 Views)

All You Need To Know About Visual Basic / Is Learning Visual Basic Under Asp.net In 2017, A Waste / Checking The Database(visual Basic 6.0) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Add Icon To Visual Basic 6.0 Form by Rialekingsley: 9:51pm On Aug 26, 2015
Re: How To Add Icon To Visual Basic 6.0 Form by Nobody: 4:43am On Aug 27, 2015
Lawd of all mercies, a skill i have acquired since like 1998 or so. . .in the stone age! Am i dreaming or have been thrown back into dreary times!
Re: How To Add Icon To Visual Basic 6.0 Form by Rialekingsley: 6:15am On Aug 27, 2015
stop d critics if u know it, do u tink everybody knows how to do that? don't 4get some pple that are as old as u are just getting started wit ABCD & 123
Re: How To Add Icon To Visual Basic 6.0 Form by Nobody: 8:38am On Aug 27, 2015
But really? in this age and time, should anyone still be talking vb 6?
Re: How To Add Icon To Visual Basic 6.0 Form by maekhel(m): 8:59am On Aug 27, 2015
MuhammaduBuhari:
But really? in this age and time, should anyone still be talking vb 6?
No be our fault ooo, thats what some of our polytechnics still teach.
Re: How To Add Icon To Visual Basic 6.0 Form by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 27, 2015
maekhel:

No be our fault ooo, thats what some of our polytechnics still teach.
Okay, I am sorry about that. I have no formal computer training, so i dont know what they teach. I only follow trends from internet.
Re: How To Add Icon To Visual Basic 6.0 Form by maekhel(m): 9:22am On Aug 27, 2015
MuhammaduBuhari:

Okay, I am sorry about that. I have no formal computer training, so i dont know what they teach. I only follow trends from internet.
Na so...you be boss na.
Had to just read and pass the course... Neva opened vb 6 since then.
Re: How To Add Icon To Visual Basic 6.0 Form by Nobody: 9:26am On Aug 27, 2015
But i still use vb 6 for some ultra-light weight stuffs sha. I use from vb 5 to vb 2013 depending on what i am doing.
Re: How To Add Icon To Visual Basic 6.0 Form by jacob05(m): 9:34am On Aug 27, 2015
MuhammaduBuhari:
But i still use vb 6 for some ultra-light weight stuffs sha. I use from vb 5 to vb 2013 depending on what i am doing.
Re: How To Add Icon To Visual Basic 6.0 Form by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 27, 2015
Imagine you need to write a simple GUI app on windows xp - some big corporations still use it mind you. With RAM of say 256MB (still in use by some big firms in Nigeria), i have troll around small so i know. In that kind of situation, you dont want to burden the gaddamn system, so you just write something of low dependency that will sit comfortably on the poor system. Well, vb 6 is still one of the options, you may want to go c or c++ as well, depending on which one you think will be faster.
Re: How To Add Icon To Visual Basic 6.0 Form by jacob05(m): 10:16am On Aug 27, 2015
MuhammaduBuhari:
Imagine you need to write a simple GUI app on windows xp - some big corporations still use it mind you. With RAM of say 256MB (still in use by some big firms in Nigeria), i have troll around small so i know. In that kind of situation, you dont want to burden the gaddamn system, so you just write something of low dependency that will sit comfortably on the poor system. Well, vb 6 is still one of the options, you may want to go c or c++ as well, depending on which one you think will be faster.
C++, now you're talking.. lolz
Re: How To Add Icon To Visual Basic 6.0 Form by Nobody: 10:50am On Aug 27, 2015
jacob05:

C++, now you're talking.. lolz
See, every programmer with their own techniques. When i get a job to do, I come up with the algorithm, and out of my own limited experience, i select the fastest way out and solve the problem.
One of the recent apps i deployed make use of the following technologies:
- VB.NET
- PHP for windows (because i needed to make use of some PHP libraries offline and some google web apis)
- Local SQLite database
- Remote SQL Database Server
- Windows scripting host
- VBScript for Windows, Batch files
- Microsoft Excel (Embeded)
You can see it is an odd combination, but you now what, it solved the gaddamn problem. I got my money, and checked out.
Re: How To Add Icon To Visual Basic 6.0 Form by maekhel(m): 10:59am On Aug 27, 2015
MuhammaduBuhari:

collect my money sharp sharp and get the heck out of there.
grin
Re: How To Add Icon To Visual Basic 6.0 Form by Nobody: 11:05am On Aug 27, 2015
maekhel:

grin
See, the only algorithm i know is this:

CLIENT CARRY PROBLEM COME -------- I SOLVE THE PROBLEM ANYHOW -------- COLLECT MONEY ------- WAKA DEY GO

--- THE END
Re: How To Add Icon To Visual Basic 6.0 Form by jacob05(m): 11:14am On Aug 27, 2015
MuhammaduBuhari:

See, every programmer with their own techniques. When i get a job to do, I come up with the algorithm, and out of my own limited experience, i select the fastest way out and solve the problem.
One of the recent apps i deployed make use of the following technologies:
- VB.NET
- PHP for windows (because i needed to make use of some PHP libraries offline and some google web apis)
- Local SQLite database
- Remote SQL Database Server
- Windows scripting host
- VBScript for Windows, Batch files
- Microsoft Excel (Embeded)
You can see it is an odd combination, but you now what, it solved the gaddamn problem. I got my money, and checked out.

hmmm... the combo can be better sha.. #justSaying...
But resultant effect of solving the problem using the wrong tools is greater than the gain..

what if after a month an upgrade is requested and it'd break your "juxtaposed" tools ??
Re: How To Add Icon To Visual Basic 6.0 Form by jacob05(m): 11:14am On Aug 27, 2015
#JUSTSAYING
Re: How To Add Icon To Visual Basic 6.0 Form by jacob05(m): 11:15am On Aug 27, 2015
MuhammaduBuhari:

See, the only algorithm i know is this:

CLIENT CARRY PROBLEM COME -------- I SOLVE THE PROBLEM ANYHOW -------- COLLECT MONEY ------- WAKA DEY GO

--- THE END
hmmmmm... Upgrades ?? Fixes Feature requests .... #JUSTSAYiNG
Re: How To Add Icon To Visual Basic 6.0 Form by Nobody: 11:18am On Aug 27, 2015
jacob05:

hmmm... the combo can be better sha.. #justSaying...
But resultant effect of solving the problem using the wrong tools is greater than the gain..

what if after a month an upgrade is requested and it'd break your "juxtaposed" tools ??
Wrong tools means you are not grounded as a programmer, means that you did not do your ground-work well. Or maybe you use a tool that is too complicated for your brain. Or that you are a learner and not a programmer.
Re: How To Add Icon To Visual Basic 6.0 Form by jacob05(m): 11:19am On Aug 27, 2015
MuhammaduBuhari:

Wrong tools means you are not grounded as a programmer, means that you did not do your ground-work well. Or maybe you use a tool that is too complicated for your brain. Or that you are a learner and not a programmer.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How To Add Icon To Visual Basic 6.0 Form by Nobody: 11:24am On Aug 27, 2015
jacob05:

hmmmmm... Upgrades ?? Fixes Feature requests .... #JUSTSAYiNG
As part of your proposal, you must have a pilot test period before you waka go. Support and upgrade is not compulsory and is dependent upon agreement.
Re: How To Add Icon To Visual Basic 6.0 Form by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 27, 2015
After they don certify that the app is working, and it has passed the pilot and all that, and you don waka go with MONEY. The only way to get you back to do anything is WITH MONEY.
Re: How To Add Icon To Visual Basic 6.0 Form by Nobody: 11:27am On Aug 27, 2015
There was a website with CMS i made for a client so many many years back at the time of PHP 4.whatever. The client now came to complain after so many years that the site is no more working, i pretended to be surprised, said i will look into it.
And my report was that - things have changed, technology and all that. And the only way to get the app working again is to upgrade it with a certain amount of money. . . .it is not my responsibility anymore at this juncture!
Re: How To Add Icon To Visual Basic 6.0 Form by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 27, 2015
C'mon bro, do you guy still use VB6.0 ?
Re: How To Add Icon To Visual Basic 6.0 Form by Nobody: 5:15pm On Aug 27, 2015
AdmiralDru:
C'mon bro, do you guy still use VB6.0 ?
Thank you very much for that question o. I am shocked to say the least!
Re: How To Add Icon To Visual Basic 6.0 Form by jacob05(m): 5:39pm On Aug 27, 2015
MuhammaduBuhari:

Thank you very much for that question o. I am shocked to say the least!
grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Ever Heard Of Ajax Programming And Development? / Tales Of A Gutsy Programmer / Porting PHP/MYSQL Applications to Micro-Controller Based Devices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.