Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

Tinubu Lobbies Saraki, Senators Over Fowler - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Lobbies Saraki, Senators Over Fowler (25544 Views)

Bukola Saraki Meets With Northern Senators Over Nigeria's Unity. Photos / Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos / Rivers Re-run Polls Split Senators Over Amaechi - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Lobbies Saraki, Senators Over Fowler by lawnreigh(m): 8:30am On Aug 24, 2015
omojoshy:
Hmmmmmmmm, Omo d name sef (Fowler) why not FOWL? shocked shocked shocked

The guy na Nigerian @ all? I foresee someone taking him to court tomorrow claiming he is NOT a Nigerian man. Trust politicians with their personal interest...... grin
he is a Nigerian, some people from south west especially Ogun State bears foreign surnames like Campbell, Cocker e.t.c its part of slave trade influence, they were given those names long ago by our colonial masters when they colonize us and those families are some of those they took there people and family member away, they exist majorly in Lagos & Ogun state

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Lobbies Saraki, Senators Over Fowler by Jesusloveyou: 8:33am On Aug 24, 2015
otijah:
When I told APC idiots here that tinubu is in serious trouble with the emergence of Saraki as senate presido, they said am leaner. If am Saraki eh I will let Tinubu go down on his knees before I accept hat certificatless Fowl yansh
u are truly a learner, so u think tinubu wil beg saraki, d only problem i have with tinubu, is d issue of fashola, besides nothing can stop fashola and ameachi,

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Lobbies Saraki, Senators Over Fowler by eagleeye2: 8:43am On Aug 24, 2015
ejirede:
but you are happy with the last government that ruin our economy.just wait and see how this country will be turn around by this administration
I guess, you haven't checked my post history. Cos if you have, I doubt you will make this comment.
Re: Tinubu Lobbies Saraki, Senators Over Fowler by free2ryhme: 8:46am On Aug 24, 2015
Whatever the senate does, it should be the last bastion of the common man. Questions should be asked on professional competence. Questions should be asked on integrity.
Re: Tinubu Lobbies Saraki, Senators Over Fowler by ejirede: 8:48am On Aug 24, 2015
Happiness87:
how much was tinubu's share of the said 28bn
that is exactly amount been rendered to the purse of lagos state.if it is otherwise let us know pls
Re: Tinubu Lobbies Saraki, Senators Over Fowler by winniz: 8:50am On Aug 24, 2015
While it was their insignificant and disgraced thief.nubu that was shamelessly lobbying Saraki. The brown envelope Lagos Ibadan media axis were peddling all sorts of lies to deceive dem gullible Nigerians, to make their inconsequential local champion thief.nubu look relevant cheesy
Their mgbati media Punch reported otherwise on this thread"
https://www.nairaland.com/2545532/senate-president-saraki-finally-eats
Re: Tinubu Lobbies Saraki, Senators Over Fowler by Happiness87(f): 8:50am On Aug 24, 2015
ejirede:
that is exactly amount been rendered to the purse of lagos state.if it is otherwise let us know pls
go and get your facts right, alpha beta gets 15% Of LIGR

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Lobbies Saraki, Senators Over Fowler by Ugik(m): 9:11am On Aug 24, 2015
I Dnt belive this news.tinubu has nothing to gain from that guys nomination as chairman of FIRS.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Lobbies Saraki, Senators Over Fowler by ykwildchild: 9:12am On Aug 24, 2015
Happiness87:
stop inflating fact, Lagos igr is yet to reach 30bn. but Of the about 20bn tinubu gets 15%

imagine when tinubu start getting 15% of trillions of internally generated revenue of this country

I said close to...its fluctuates between 25-27billion...do your research

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Lobbies Saraki, Senators Over Fowler by ibnakeem: 9:16am On Aug 24, 2015
Happiness87:
can you tell us how much percentage BAT also get from AkwaIbom state government monthly through Alphabeta? We won't mind having that of Enugu and Onda. At least the three are all PDP controlled States

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Lobbies Saraki, Senators Over Fowler by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 9:25am On Aug 24, 2015
shaddoww:
When people were busy gathering money for themselves, he was busy raising men, and today he has them in every sector n people are now unnecessarily jealous, one thing they can't dispute is that his men are always competent, although his ways may be rough and he may not be perfect but u can't take away his contributions for Nigeria. And if dey keep taking it personal with him, Nigeria will definitely be affected cos he has become a pillar (opomulero).
Raising men like Fashola he is fighting and calling a theif now?
Re: Tinubu Lobbies Saraki, Senators Over Fowler by mbulela: 9:35am On Aug 24, 2015
This country sickens me more every passing day.
Re: Tinubu Lobbies Saraki, Senators Over Fowler by Kazrem(m): 9:36am On Aug 24, 2015
Politicking.
Re: Tinubu Lobbies Saraki, Senators Over Fowler by Emirofsambisa1: 9:42am On Aug 24, 2015
I was hoping to read a rational comment here, but it seems liike Nairalanders are falling for the exact aim of that publication. Fowler is Fashola's guy, probably dropped by Ambode recently in the 'war against Fashola'. Little wonder why sahara reporters published that fake honorary degree article to rubbish him. Tinubu may be doing this to make sure the senate rejects him thinking they are paying Tinubu back while helping him achieve his goal. #MyThought
Re: Tinubu Lobbies Saraki, Senators Over Fowler by spenca: 9:42am On Aug 24, 2015
What this writer doesn't know is that fowler and saraki are friends, were close friends In fact fowler organized saraki' bachelors party, and don't forget the YAYI factor , a good friend of fowler , I don't think he would get rejected even with his link to asiwaju, what most don't understand is fowler is the cousin to V.P osinbaji and as a matter of fact asiwaju was not a pointer to his appointment .

Personally this is more of a case of saraki vs Buhari than saraki vs Asiwaju

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Lobbies Saraki, Senators Over Fowler by spenca: 9:45am On Aug 24, 2015
Emirofsambisa1:
I was hoping to read a rational comment here, but it seems liike Nairalanders are falling for the exact aim of that publication. Fowler is Fashola's guy, probably dropped by Ambode recently in the 'war against Fashola'. Little wonder why sahara reporters published that fake honorary degree article to rubbish him. Tinubu may be doing this to make sure the senate rejects him thinking they are paying Tinubu back while helping him achieve his goal.
#MyThought
I can't agree more with you asiwaju didn't not even lobby for his appointment ,V.P osinbajo for a fact was the main man pulling the strings
Re: Tinubu Lobbies Saraki, Senators Over Fowler by glodoh: 10:02am On Aug 24, 2015
Our politicians do not mean good to us. They fight for their. Personal gains. The fowler I know changed the fortune of lagos state which no other State has been able To surpass.
Re: Tinubu Lobbies Saraki, Senators Over Fowler by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 24, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
u are truly a learner, so u think tinubu wil beg saraki, d only problem i have with tinubu, is d issue of fashola, besides nothing can stop fashola and ameachi,

Lol Tinubu is in real poo.Unless Tinubu apologises and dobales for Saraki on National television, none of his candidates would be cleared by the Senate

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Lobbies Saraki, Senators Over Fowler by disumusa: 10:25am On Aug 24, 2015
SenseiX:
A lot of people seemingly have grouses with Jagaban
alot of ibos seemingly wasting their time and energy planing evil for tinubu, just because jagaba killed ibo evil plan they had with jonathan to rig in favour of ibo in 2019.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Lobbies Saraki, Senators Over Fowler by ikkkkk: 10:26am On Aug 24, 2015
fitzmayowa:
I thought they said saraki was practically crying on his kneel for tinubu's forgiveness How come tinubu is lobbying the saraki that was said to be begging

APC and propaganda are siamese twins...SMH

Thanks a lot bro. I was about to ask the same thing.
Re: Tinubu Lobbies Saraki, Senators Over Fowler by disumusa: 10:28am On Aug 24, 2015
OboloMAN:
Finally Tinubu Begs
did you read or listen to news at all?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Lobbies Saraki, Senators Over Fowler by disumusa: 10:32am On Aug 24, 2015
Realdeals:
Tinubu cannot control Fowler under Buhari administration, if any mago-mago happens, it will be an opportunity for PMB to punish Tinubu by proxy.
nonsense, who is the piller or brain behind apc, you think we are in millitary days
Re: Tinubu Lobbies Saraki, Senators Over Fowler by shaddoww: 11:01am On Aug 24, 2015
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Raising men like Fashola he is fighting and calling a theif now?
He is not fighting fashola, he is just trying to show him he is still d boss, am very sure they will come around, but as for Saraki, he needs to b careful about d screening of Fowler, else d headline u will see on TheNation newspaper d following day will b "Saraki takes war against BUHARI, APC to another level as he rejects BUHARI’S nominee" and u know d effect dat will av, since d man as been portrayed as d solution to taxation in Nigeria, dats why he needs to know how to pick his fight, some people have built demselves like an institution over d years n u can't just win a battle against dem n think u av won d war, wen Tinubu or thievenubu like dey call him, was invested in d media, it's for purposes like dis, so I think Saraki should be careful

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Lobbies Saraki, Senators Over Fowler by ejirede: 11:07am On Aug 24, 2015
Happiness87:
can you provide one with a link.even if it is true is it not far better than the state officiers that will collect 20b and render just 3b.which one will you prefer

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Lobbies Saraki, Senators Over Fowler by Nobody: 11:13am On Aug 24, 2015
shaddoww:
He is not fighting fashola, he is just trying to show him he is still d boss, am very sure they will come around, but as for Saraki, he needs to b careful about d screening of Fowler, else d headline u will see on TheNation newspaper d following day will b "Saraki takes war against BUHARI, APC to another level as he rejects BUHARI’S nominee" and u know d effect dat will av, since d man as been portrayed as d solution to taxation in Nigeria, dats why he needs to know how to pick his fight, some people have built demselves like an institution over d years n u can't just win a battle against dem n think u av won d war, wen Tinubu or thievenubu like dey call him, was invested in d media, it's for purposes like dis, so I think Saraki should be careful
Lol Buhari does not control the Senate, Saraki does.You people really Underate the powers of the NASS
Re: Tinubu Lobbies Saraki, Senators Over Fowler by Happiness87(f): 11:15am On Aug 24, 2015
ejirede:
can you provide one with a link.even if it is true is it not far better than the state officiers that will collect 20b and render just 3b.which one will you prefer
they are more credible people out there, what he did was not new, previous administrators never stole the monies as you claim, lagos has gotten more investments from 2007, than 1999, all he did was ensure, the investors comply and also made citizens pay unless taxes, a gala and lacasera seller is paying from the small income he's making
Re: Tinubu Lobbies Saraki, Senators Over Fowler by bros856: 11:15am On Aug 24, 2015
This news is not true because Fowler appointment is by merit, He transformed Lagos state BIR in a few month to increase revenue by 100% so who will be the best for the Job if not him.
Re: Tinubu Lobbies Saraki, Senators Over Fowler by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 24, 2015
snoopdg:
Much as I hold tinunu in high esteem, it will amount To t ridicule if he has to speak or mend fences with someone who undermined him jus to see an ally of his get Confirmation for an assignment, if Fowler is qualified let him face the senate. Tinubu has no business lobbying Saraki or anyone, it will only belittle tinubu
Bros this is politics,it is either he begs or all his candidates would be screened out
Re: Tinubu Lobbies Saraki, Senators Over Fowler by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 24, 2015
bros856:
This news is not true because Fowler appointment is by merit, He transformed Lagos state BIR in a few month to increase revenue by 100% so who will be the best for the Job if not him.
Go and tell this long story to the Senate
Re: Tinubu Lobbies Saraki, Senators Over Fowler by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 24, 2015
lawnreigh:
he is a Nigerian, some people from south west especially Ogun State bears foreign surnames like Campbell, Cocker e.t.c its part of slave trade influence, they were given those names long ago by our colonial masters when they colonize us and those families are some of those they took there people and family member away, they exist majorly in Lagos & Ogun state
Interesting.....noted. tenx 4 d info grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Lobbies Saraki, Senators Over Fowler by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 24, 2015
LordVarys:

While Tinubu does not want his successor to be nominated as minister, Buhari’s body language indicates that he is still not convinced by the ongoing campaign to denigrate Fashola and project him as one who is not good enough for the administration .

This body language has being doing many wonders since office resumption. #apropaganda

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Expels Napoleon Adamu For Accepting Tribunal Ruling In Favour Of Mama Taraba / Buhari's Presidential Campaign Rally In Borno State (More Photos) / Defection Looms As Imo Assembly Resumes Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.