Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,536 members, 7,812,666 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:11 PM

Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) (33611 Views)

Isaac Obe: Ex-Youth President Murdered In Eleme, Rivers (Graphic Photo) / Thugs Burn House In Onne, Eleme, Rivers State (Photos) / Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) by kenedy175(m): 9:46am On Aug 24, 2015
Truckpusher:
grin
Goat ,keep bleating .
Mpama!
Re: Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) by Truckpusher(m): 9:46am On Aug 24, 2015
mpdaminstrel:
Those people re paid protesters..... I am frm Akapjo n I can assure u dat.... Dey re stupid n foolish...

Dey re pdp paid idiots.... Its just a shame since der GEJ cudnt do wat buhari has done
You're from Akpajo ,yet you couldn't even spell the name of your town correctly?

Ode, oloriburuku. grin

Smh.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) by dave2meek(m): 9:47am On Aug 24, 2015
jbcul4ril:
Is this road meant for vehicles or its a foot path? Do they have a governor? I pity them, this is all the effect of High level of poverty.
The road is currently under construction
Re: Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) by Skoopy(m): 9:51am On Aug 24, 2015
Could this be the reason why the Ogoni's have been grossly marginalised in the governance of Rivers state?

their reasoning sha!

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) by danbrowndmf(m): 9:54am On Aug 24, 2015
lonelydora:
Eleme people wants to be included in the UNEP report.

When it comes to money issues, Eleme will start claiming they are part of Ogoni but when it comes to other things, they say they are not part of Ogoni. They should continue to deceive themselves.

I have been here since morning for like 2 hours now.

Op, where u dey? I am at that C41 check point. I am wearing Red polo and jeans. Show your face.

It's called AKPAJO JUNCTION and not AKPAJA.

Edited: traffic moving now but slowly.
ur very correct,e don reach for money now,dem don dy claim ogoni

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) by charlesbailey(m): 9:56am On Aug 24, 2015
Nawa o... wetin b dis one for early monday morning o? This is why i dont get out of bed early...
Re: Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) by Brooklynsouth(f): 10:03am On Aug 24, 2015
dave2meek:
They blocked the road leading to portharcourt refinery
Some of them are carrying placards with inscription like "Buhari should follow due process in the cleanup of Ogoni land", "Buhari should recognize Ogoni self government",Buhari's fast action lacks technical experts recommendations and so on,
Police could not disperse them
Lalasticlala
come do u can't fake anything that is natural how come it is only biafran citizen supporting this course while the yorubas and hausas that claim that biafrans are after the south south's oil are against no matter how u wanna the truth it must surely surface its beautiful face just as u can't hide pregnancy
Re: Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) by neocortex: 10:03am On Aug 24, 2015
harysterol:
Those people no get sense, person wan clean up the mess in that area n u guys r protesting

You stay far away and make ignorance statements about this issue.
If Buhari wants to implement the UNEP report let him follow it to
the core not selective implementation.
It is important that due process id followed right from the begining
of this project.

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) by frankwyte: 10:10am On Aug 24, 2015
To me the protest is uncalled for, because the president has promised to do the needful and untill his effort is questionable we can now call for protest and
all sorts, for now the coast seem clear they should go home and make love to their women and look after their wards..

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) by kamzy007: 10:19am On Aug 24, 2015
Shut ur mouth if u dont hv something good to say or wat to say, its ogoni youths protesting not Eleme. I dont think u wia dia else u wud hv seen dia write up saying buhari shud follow due process of ogoni land.Dia was no tym i saw Eleme pple saying dia included or not, pls dont mis inform pple say wat u saw. ThankGod d post is here to show d ogoni write up nd demand.
lonelydora:

When it comes to money issues, Eleme will start claiming they are part of Ogoni but when it comes to other things, they say they are not part of Ogoni. They should continue to deceive themselves.

Op, where u dey? I am at that C41 check point. I am wearing Red polo and jeans. Show your face.

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 24, 2015
Smooyis:
They should give Pmb a chance na. Afterall their son was there for good six years but couldn't do much for them.

After uno go talk say na ikwerre people dey make trouble pass for rivers state, see these ingrate ogoni, good luck didnt implement un report dem vex, buhari is implementing it they vex, av neve seen such barbaric people in my live, very difficult to live with.

I can understand why non of their candidates won governorship elections.

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) by Yomboy4ever(m): 10:23am On Aug 24, 2015
dave2meek:
Some of them are carrying placards with inscription like "Buhari should follow due process in the cleanup of Ogoni land", "Buhari should recognize Ogoni self government",Buhari's fast action lacks technical experts recommendations and so on,
Lalasticlala

Make dem just give dem 100 MoPoLs wey no dey speak English with Koboko on ther right hand to flush Dis jobless pple off d street.

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) by Olufemiolaolu(m): 10:26am On Aug 24, 2015
bugzbunny:
They should knw dat bubu is a president of arewanistan
Who released u?
Re: Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) by Deezia1(m): 10:30am On Aug 24, 2015
BUHARI "FAST TRACK" ORDERS EXPOSED===

http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/news/187943/1/buhari-ogoni-fast-track-orders.html

Ogoni has sacrificed so much for Nigeria. The continue injustice,dirty ethnic and partisan politics on Ogoni affairs will set the sun Nigeria === #Dr_Goodluck_Diigbo

The Ogoni Springtime has been provoked by the dirty ethnic and partisan handling of UNEP Ogoni Report by the President Buhari Administration.

Today, non violent march was led by eight provincial governors, leaders of Ogoni National Assembly, Officers of the Ogoni Customary Court System, and elected leaders of district and village councils. Participants joined from the provinces of Bori,Babbe,Ban-Ogoi, Eleme, Gokana,Kenkhana,Nyokhana and Tai...

Re: Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) by Olufemiolaolu(m): 10:32am On Aug 24, 2015
neocortex:

You stay far away and make ignorance statements about this issue.
If Buhari wants to implement the UNEP report let him follow it to
the core not selective implementation.
It is important that due process id followed right from the begining
of this project.
Which is more imortant clean up or ur so called due process. I cud perceive disunity in dis region no wonder d oil companies were able 2 pollute their environment with impunity.
Re: Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) by justbonny(m): 10:33am On Aug 24, 2015
You can never satisfy these people... I know 'em... Live with 'em...
they have NO vision, no direction.
Re: Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) by M4gunners: 10:34am On Aug 24, 2015
My people are just waking up, but it is never too late. Buhari do the needful. For all morons talking rubbish, i wish you the same suffering from ND as soon as possible say amen to that.

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) by Joeace3000(m): 10:35am On Aug 24, 2015
Massive must mean something else in the Op's dictionary...

[b] Meanwhile.............

Get any of our complete Brilliantlights Media Fiverr Training packages Todayand start offering unique services professionally on Fiverr and generating income from your living room.

Fiverr is the world's foremost website for freelancers selling their skills starting from $5. That is $5 is the basic amount you can start selling a gig but you can have extras of up to $100, $200 per Gig (you are permitted 20 Gigs at a time)and you can be making more than $1000, $2000 per Gig selling your skill on fiverr every month on only one account! Now imagine up to 5 accounts with 20 Gigs each!. For some people this may be too good to be true but it is true and hundreds of thousands like me are making money off it every day. All it requires is possessing the knowledge of how to build profitable accounts, optimizing them for constant orders and delivering with continuous positive reviews and high ratings.

The complete training packages covers five Hot in-demand services from ARTICLE WRITING TO GRAPHICS DESIGN, VIDEO AND ANIMATION, WEB DESIGN AND SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGEMENT. It includes Hours of Training Videos created by our Experts on each service covering: Opening a Service Specific Professional Fiverr Account, Creating Attractive Gigs with Captivating Gig Images and Gig Videos, Delivering orders and Receiving your Payments in Nigeria. The package also include tools like Adobe Photoshop for creating Gig images and Camtasia Software for Gig videos creation respectively along with Special Tools specific to each service included in each pack. Interested participants would also be introduced into our Facebook Brilliantlightsmedia Support Group as well as our Whatsapp Group through 070-665-64342 for follow up.

After many years working and earning on fiverr, we as a reputable company put our heads together to help introduce others who are in desperate need of financial upliftment, having heard and seen how desperate jobless youths have become in a bid to land jobs or engage in any business whether bad or dehumanizing just to survive or how companies are retrenching people daily and sending them into the over saturated Labor market.

The internet is a trillion dollar per month platform everyone should be working on today and Fiverr is one of the easiest means to start earning from it. However you need to get on it the right way. Stop creating accounts that have no potential for profit. Get the skills that you can sell not only on fiverr and other freelance sites (Like Elance, freelancer.com) but also required by Big businesses and companies around us, even better, you could create your own business like we have done as a Social Media Management company and stop complaining about lack of jobs, wicked requirements or jobs already arranged for the connected

If you have questions or enquiries Please PM me here on Nairaland or reach me through the whatsapp number mentioned earlier
[/b]
Re: Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) by AlPeter: 10:39am On Aug 24, 2015
ibietela2:

God forbid
why una both dey deny d guy na? Na like dat e bad reach
Re: Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 24, 2015
lonelydora:

So true, they hate to be called ogonis

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) by melzabull(f): 10:42am On Aug 24, 2015
Forwetinnah:
...where's the dunce that was praising Buhari on FB concerning this issue? All these non South Southerners who open fake accounts claiming an identity that will kill them someday.
Look no further.....they are yellowbars with their usual treachery and mischief

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) by Deezia1(m): 10:43am On Aug 24, 2015
ITS OGONI LAND NOT OGONI OIL:

UNEP SHOULD NOT BE USE AS POLITICAL TOOL: HENCE, UNEP SHOULD BE IMPLEMENTED AS RECOMMENDED IN THE REPORT WITHOUT MISSING OUT SOME PART, NOT EVEN HYPREP.

The specific mention of recommendations by UNEP, Including:
=Ogoniland Environmental Restoration Authority
=Environmental Restoration fund for Ogoniland
=A Centre of Excellence for Environmental Restoration
=$1 billion, considered grossly inadequate for take-off,
Should be included.

Instead of dictating to us, we appeal to Buhari to facilitate dialogue to lead to a genuine joint review by stakeholders,Shell,Chevron,NNPC,Ogoni Central Indigenous Authority as well as technical experts to be appointed by Ogoni People. Hence we reject HYPREP.

Everything that had happen in Ogoni for the past fifty years amount a murder by Shell and the Nigeria government.
Oil everywhere is a blessing, but of course, only in Nigeria that oil is a curse.
OGONI PEOPLE BE AWARE, THEY HAVE COME AGAIN. BECAUSE THEY WANT YOUR OIL.

Re: Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) by Malawian(m): 10:46am On Aug 24, 2015
even the lekpa for picture 3 wey her kegs dey point towards kafanchan dey follow protest. chai.
Re: Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) by Mkmachika: 10:47am On Aug 24, 2015
Poor and ordinary pple protesting on why their land should progress. I pity you cos your mentality is a disease.
Re: Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 24, 2015
Smooyis:
They should give Pmb a chance na. Afterall their son was there for good six years but couldn't do much for them.
mumu! So GEJ is from Ogoni?

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) by Nobody: 10:49am On Aug 24, 2015
harysterol:
Those people no get sense, person wan clean up the mess in that area n u guys r protesting
Na mouth dem dey use clean up oil spillage. They are right, Buhari is replacing work with words.

Meanwhile, protest is now kworoption oooo

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) by Deezia1(m): 11:03am On Aug 24, 2015
ACCORDING TO THE OGONI CENTRAL INDIGENOUS AUTHORITY== BUHARI VIOLATE TECHNICAL DEMANDS ON OGONI-LAND.
WORTH DOING IS WHAT DOING WELL, AND THAT IS WHY THE OGONI PEOPLE ARE PROTESTING FOR FULL INPLEMENTATION OF THE OGONI UNEP REPORT NOT HALF...

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR DETAIL
http://studytourus1.newsvine.com/_news/2015/08/05/33714457-unep-report-buhari-violate-technical-demands-on-ogoniland

Re: Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) by Kollyman: 11:32am On Aug 24, 2015
I weep for this country all the time. Millions of citizens who cannot differentiate between their left from their right.

Jonathan their son spent 6 years as the president and he did not consider it important to execute UN report on Ogoni clean up. Now Buhari want to do something; the same impoverish people are carrying placard and protesting.

I pity my beloved Nigeria people.
Re: Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) by CashVessel(m): 11:35am On Aug 24, 2015
dave2meek:
Lalasticlala

I can now understand why GEJ didn't stress himself to go against all odds to clean up Ogoni.
These guys are just interested in the money and not in the interest of their environment, otherwise, what has due process got to do with cleaning up a polluted environment that will definitely improve the quality of life for your family and generations to come?
Re: Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) by Deezia1(m): 11:36am On Aug 24, 2015

http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/news/187943/1/buhari-ogoni-fast-track-orders.html

Ogoni has sacrificed so much for Nigeria. The continue injustice,dirty ethnic and partisan politics on Ogoni affairs will set the sun Nigeria === #Dr_Goodluck_Diigbo

The Ogoni Springtime has been provoked by the dirty ethnic and partisan handling of UNEP Ogoni Report by the President Buhari Administration.

Today, non violent march was led by eight provincial governors, leaders of Ogoni National Assembly, Officers of the Ogoni Customary Court System, and elected leaders of district and village councils. Participants joined from the provinces of Bori,Babbe,Ban-Ogoi, Eleme, Gokana,Kenkhana,Nyokhana and Tai...

Re: Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) by Nobody: 11:41am On Aug 24, 2015
Deezia1:

State your facts, if the implementation of a report has been approved by the govt, why are you demonstrating, you want the money to be shared by a few of you instead of cleaning up the environment you say was polluted, how can yu then say you are better than the people who polluted the environment, i see pure greed, selfishness and shortsightedness in this, its a shame.
Re: Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 24, 2015
Olufemiolaolu:
Which is more imortant clean up or ur so called due process. I cud perceive disunity in dis region no wonder d oil companies were able 2 pollute their environment with impunity.

You re right, its just about the money, they want to create a bogus environmental agency to loot the funds when disbursed , they arent really interested in clean up they want to share the dollars among a privileged few, no wonder shell refused to pay up this money earlier and gej refused to implement the report, now that buhari has agreed to implement they are angry cos money wont be given to them to share, oil n the area like most communities with oil has made them lazy and indolent, all they do is to harrass companies and demand for money to buy cars and build houses they cant maintain, even the elderly ones arent different either.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Breaking: PDP Rejects Results In Kano / List Of President Tinubu's Energy Reforms Committee Members / Tinubu Watched Ododo’s Inauguration From France (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.