Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,458 members, 7,819,669 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Sad:dog Eats Up Owner's Four-months Old Baby Delta State - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sad:dog Eats Up Owner's Four-months Old Baby Delta State (715 Views)

Mothersbond Commends FG On Four Months Maternity Leave Policy / 8-Month-Old Indian Girl Weighs 10lbs, Craves For Food & Eats Like An Adult (Pics / 2-Year-Old Baby Saves His Twin Brother From Death Miraculously (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sad:dog Eats Up Owner's Four-months Old Baby Delta State by skultrick(m): 8:32am On Aug 24, 2015
Friday, August 21 was a very unfortunate and sad day for Mrs Maureen Akowe, a housewife who lost her four-months old baby to her dog.

Leadership reports that Akowe had driven to a popular supermarket along Okpanam Road, Asaba to do some shopping with her 4-month-old baby and the dog inside her car. The nursing mother however left the baby, a nanny and the dog inside the car with the windows of the car down to allow cross ventilation while she goes into the supermarket.

However, while the nursing mother was at it, the dog allegedly made straight for the little baby to eat her up while the nanny screamed for help but all to no avail. The nany’s shout got the attention of two security personnel at the supermarket but they came rather late as the dog had severally bitten the baby, identified Chinonso, with blood all over. Reports made it known that the dog had gone wild and was barking menacingly to scare onlookers by the time the baby’s mother got wind of the development and rushed to the scene.

When the baby was taken to a nearby hospital along Nnebisi Road, the baby, which is the first child of the woman, died before getting to the hospital. The nanny said:

“Madam carry the dog and baby and asked us to stay inside the car, because the dog was to be treated at the veterinary, suddenly I saw the dog moving closer to the baby and I shouted for help when the dog opened its teeth and I ran out of the car to call madam but she did not come on time”.

Family sources said that the house wife had been married for 3 years without a baby before she took in for the baby that was delivered and named Chinonso.

In a swift reaction, the husband of the woman amidst tears, and did not want his name on the print said:

“my wife said it is the devil’s work and the devil’s work will take her out of my house, I have warned her about the dog when I notice that the dog had been behaving funny. She still kept carrying the dog claiming that she was going to give treatment to the dog. This is how the devil had ruined her”.

Source: http://nigeriainfohub.com/sad-dog-eats-up-owners-four-months-old-baby-in-delta-state/
Re: Sad:dog Eats Up Owner's Four-months Old Baby Delta State by PrinceZahzah(m): 8:37am On Aug 24, 2015
Let's c d dog pls.Is it a pit bull?
Re: Sad:dog Eats Up Owner's Four-months Old Baby Delta State by gbafched: 9:06am On Aug 24, 2015
There is something wrong somewhere
Re: Sad:dog Eats Up Owner's Four-months Old Baby Delta State by mystiqueDZ(f): 9:22am On Aug 24, 2015
Uh uh...
Sad!!! To think she waited 3 yrs
Re: Sad:dog Eats Up Owner's Four-months Old Baby Delta State by Joromi1: 9:38am On Aug 24, 2015
The parents were foolish. The dog must have shown early signs of hostility toward the child but they failed to notice. Normal dogs wouldn't eat babies even when they're starving to death
Re: Sad:dog Eats Up Owner's Four-months Old Baby Delta State by pickabeau1: 11:02am On Aug 24, 2015
skultrick:
Friday, August 21 was a very unfortunate and sad day for Mrs Maureen Akowe, a housewife who lost her four-months old baby to her dog.

Leadership reports that Akowe had driven to a popular supermarket along Okpanam Road, Asaba to do some shopping with her 4-month-old baby and the dog inside her car. The nursing mother however left the baby, a nanny and the dog inside the car with the windows of the car down to allow cross ventilation while she goes into the supermarket.

However, while the nursing mother was at it, the dog allegedly made straight for the little baby to eat her up while the nanny screamed for help but all to no avail. The nany’s shout got the attention of two security personnel at the supermarket but they came rather late as the dog had severally bitten the baby, identified Chinonso, with blood all over. Reports made it known that the dog had gone wild and was barking menacingly to scare onlookers by the time the baby’s mother got wind of the development and rushed to the scene.

When the baby was taken to a nearby hospital along Nnebisi Road, the baby, which is the first child of the woman, died before getting to the hospital. The nanny said:

“Madam carry the dog and baby and asked us to stay inside the car, because the dog was to be treated at the veterinary, suddenly I saw the dog moving closer to the baby and I shouted for help when the dog opened its teeth and I ran out of the car to call madam but she did not come on time”.

Family sources said that the house wife had been married for 3 years without a baby before she took in for the baby that was delivered and named Chinonso.

In a swift reaction, the husband of the woman amidst tears, and did not want his name on the print said:

“my wife said it is the devil’s work and the devil’s work will take her out of my house, I have warned her about the dog when I notice that the dog had been behaving funny. She still kept carrying the dog claiming that she was going to give treatment to the dog. This is how the devil had ruined her”.

Source: http://nigeriainfohub.com/sad-dog-eats-up-owners-four-months-old-baby-in-delta-state/

hmmm... insubordination
Re: Sad:dog Eats Up Owner's Four-months Old Baby Delta State by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 24, 2015
It's just so unfortunate. I can't even imagine losing my bundle of joy because of a stupid dog. That dog does not deserve to live.
Re: Sad:dog Eats Up Owner's Four-months Old Baby Delta State by edwife(f): 11:57am On Aug 24, 2015
hmmm so she was warned by the husband about the dog but she still went ahead to take the dog out.Okay....

Common sense will even tell you when a dog is behaving funny,you keep him away from kids and even adults not to talk of a baby.

(1) (Reply)

WOW!!! See The Unimaginable Gift A Guy Gave To His Mother On Mother's Day / 18 Commandments Of A Good Husband. Men Must Read! / Why Do Men Change Their Character After Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.