Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,699 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

Whats The Point Of Cotonou Cars If Your Car Can Be Siezed By Customs? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Whats The Point Of Cotonou Cars If Your Car Can Be Siezed By Customs? (701 Views)

0 / For Your Cotonou Cars/suvs/buses Visit Us @ Polaris Autos Today!!! / Present State Of Cotonou Car Port (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats The Point Of Cotonou Cars If Your Car Can Be Siezed By Customs? by promise72(m): 6:44pm On Mar 28, 2009
I am not sure if i am naive or so. If what i am reading is right, it looks like the Customs are seizing vehicles now if the Customs paper are not in order. Thats kinda frightening and sort of counter productive at the same time. Why do people still insist on getting cotonou vehicles when it can randomly be siezed.

How does it really work. I will like the forumites to shed light on this. Can the customs paper be requested at random? Also beware of Clearing agents who do arrangee and get vehicles out without proper documentation even from Lagos port. It can still be seized, as i understand.
Re: Whats The Point Of Cotonou Cars If Your Car Can Be Siezed By Customs? by niyiadewoy(m): 8:00am On Mar 31, 2009
The point is that the vehisles are cheaper, when you import from cotonou and you can always do the custom card and other papers when you bring it into Nigeria
Re: Whats The Point Of Cotonou Cars If Your Car Can Be Siezed By Customs? by ayodeji1(m): 9:34am On Mar 31, 2009
@niyiadewoy,
my brother you are very correct.

@promise72,
whether you buy from cotonou or not,if its a dutable car(most especially flashy cars),watch out for the customs eyes are on them if you dont have the genuine duty papers and the car documents are still fresh showing that you newly bought them.i often advice my clients to pay duty for dutable cars if they want to freely take that car to wherever they feel like.sometimes back,the custom men will eye a flashy car and seize it only for you to realise that they buy it back on lease at a very low price to give to their wife or family if they are afraid to use it.all planned work.but now,when they seize your car,they ask you to pay the duty and if you do,there and then,they leave you.
Re: Whats The Point Of Cotonou Cars If Your Car Can Be Siezed By Customs? by ayodeji1(m): 9:42am On Mar 31, 2009
hi,
sorry,i meant-AUCTION IT and not lease.

(1) (Reply)

History Of Cars / Mr Floridacar &&mega P Assit Me With Radio Code / Can Anybody Tell Me Price Of A Tokunbo Passat Gls 2001/ 2002 Model Full Option

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.