Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,627 members, 7,823,760 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

PHCN (NEPA) Workers To Go On Nationwide Strike On Wednesday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHCN (NEPA) Workers To Go On Nationwide Strike On Wednesday (10760 Views)

NLC To Declare Nationwide Strike Against Electricity Tariff Hike, Fuel Scarcity / Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! / PHCN (NEPA) Service Charge On Prepaid Meter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHCN (NEPA) Workers To Go On Nationwide Strike On Wednesday by RICHIEBOI1(m): 10:47pm On Mar 28, 2009
Employees of Power Holding Company (PHCN) yesterday threatened to shut down power supply to the country next Wednesday if the management fails to respond to their demand for a 300 per cent wage increase, as well as to prove a point to those who say PHCN is an illegal entity.

Besides, the workers called for the immediate release and implementation of the House of Representatives Commi-ttee on Power probe report on the National Integrated Power Project (NIPP), which they alleged was about to be swept under the carpet, and promised to resist such move.

They have also resorted to a prayer session over the matters.

Addressing journalists in Abuja, the National Organising Secretary of the National Union of Electricity Employees (NUEE), Comrade Temple Iworima, said they took the decisions because “we are treated like slaves in this country.”

He said they were also the least paid workers in this sector, for which reason they were demanding for the 300 per cent increment in their wages.
But a statement by the management of PHCN expressed concern with the workers’ demands, saying the union and management had since agreed to reconvene and get the negotiation back on track.

“PHCN management reaffirms its commitment to the actualisation and sustenance of the presidential mandate of 6,000MW by December 2009, and fully understands that staff welfare must be given priority  to achieve the set mandate,” the statement said.
Re: PHCN (NEPA) Workers To Go On Nationwide Strike On Wednesday by strangleyo: 11:33pm On Mar 28, 2009
SOURCE?!
Re: PHCN (NEPA) Workers To Go On Nationwide Strike On Wednesday by strangleyo: 11:33pm On Mar 28, 2009
no modify so i'll add to that

I don't think many of us will notice to be honest.

They should privatize the phcn already kick out all these incompetent clowns
Re: PHCN (NEPA) Workers To Go On Nationwide Strike On Wednesday by Ibime(m): 2:50am On Mar 29, 2009
I thought they've been on strike for the last twenty years
Re: PHCN (NEPA) Workers To Go On Nationwide Strike On Wednesday by dayokanu(m): 3:58am On Mar 29, 2009
when they claimed they were working we were living in darkness maybe the strike go pay us and bring light
Re: PHCN (NEPA) Workers To Go On Nationwide Strike On Wednesday by bawomolo(m): 4:34am On Mar 29, 2009
is not as if they would be missed anyway.
Re: PHCN (NEPA) Workers To Go On Nationwide Strike On Wednesday by Jakumo(m): 7:03am On Mar 29, 2009
This matter could be resolved quite efficiently if all employees of that criminal cartel called PHCN, who have made such lucrative careers out of DEPRIVING Nigeria of grid electricity, could be issued invitations to assemble in an open field, and asked to stand in orderly columns facing several trucks parked in a line.

Once full attendance of all the offenders has been verified, the tailgates of the trucks could then be dropped to reveal squads of operators manning belt-fed general purpose 50 caliber machine guns, who would then simultaneously commence to light up the assembled vermin with a withering firestorm that will both mow the grass and liquefy all living entities within 200 meters.

When the smoke clears and the wounded have been finished off by teams of volunteers wielding wooden clubs, the remaining organic matter can then be shovelled into the trucks and transported out to the nearest sea port for loading unto waiting barges that will float the festering mass out to sea to be dumped overboard for the benefit of the ensuing shark and barracuda feeding frenzy.
Re: PHCN (NEPA) Workers To Go On Nationwide Strike On Wednesday by oderemo(m): 8:15am On Mar 29, 2009
what strike, they should wake up from thier slumber, this idiot been on strke since the days of ECN. , anyone remember that name, even since independece. waky waky.
Re: PHCN (NEPA) Workers To Go On Nationwide Strike On Wednesday by otokx(m): 9:33am On Mar 29, 2009
Have they not been on strike all this while? Abeg make we hear word.
Re: PHCN (NEPA) Workers To Go On Nationwide Strike On Wednesday by Epiphany(m): 10:18am On Mar 29, 2009
Hahahahahah. All of you are funny! In fact, lets recommend that they all resign. Maybe the next set of employees may be better. Lol
Re: PHCN (NEPA) Workers To Go On Nationwide Strike On Wednesday by vanitty: 10:40am On Mar 29, 2009
The fact that electricity supply is so bad is no way the fault of the employees.
The root of the problem stems to the politician that refused to do the right thing but would rather be a gobbling duck and embezzle the money set aside for the phcn development.
Re: PHCN (NEPA) Workers To Go On Nationwide Strike On Wednesday by RICHIEBOI1(m): 10:51am On Mar 29, 2009
Re: PHCN (NEPA) Workers To Go On Nationwide Strike On Wednesday by toosoon(m): 11:13am On Mar 29, 2009
Strike!!! i thought they have left Nigeria since 1960. shocked shocked shocked
Re: PHCN (NEPA) Workers To Go On Nationwide Strike On Wednesday by Edohsamuel(m): 11:25am On Mar 29, 2009
Afta all dey have turned 9ja 2 nite club. Wen it was nepa na problm bt phcn wahala. So govt shld stop privatalization.
Re: PHCN (NEPA) Workers To Go On Nationwide Strike On Wednesday by UNLEASHED(m): 11:47am On Mar 29, 2009
I thought they've been on strike before i was born!
Re: PHCN (NEPA) Workers To Go On Nationwide Strike On Wednesday by allboyz(m): 11:57am On Mar 29, 2009
Heard the news too but its shyte!

strike ko,thunder ni - shior
Re: PHCN (NEPA) Workers To Go On Nationwide Strike On Wednesday by SHOOLAH: 12:16pm On Mar 29, 2009
Let dem go. . . . There presence is'nt noticeable, so we won't miss there absence . . . .
Re: PHCN (NEPA) Workers To Go On Nationwide Strike On Wednesday by Nobody: 12:23pm On Mar 29, 2009
what different is their strike going to make? I wish they allow them go on strike.
we can live on our gens, even for 2 years.

worthless phcn
Re: PHCN (NEPA) Workers To Go On Nationwide Strike On Wednesday by MrCrackles(m): 12:25pm On Mar 29, 2009
Topic

Strike? shocked

So what have they been on since
? cheesy
Re: PHCN (NEPA) Workers To Go On Nationwide Strike On Wednesday by Nobody: 1:13pm On Mar 29, 2009
This will be interesting. I seriously BEG THEM TO GO AND STRIKE.
If they call it off, then thunder and sango go fire dia papas.
I'd like to see what nigerians think/feel about PHCN being on/off strike.
There are people who have turned their refridgerators to wardrobes. These people assume nepa have been on strike since 1999. What use is this new strike.
Pls, FG, ignore them and make sure they strike.
Re: PHCN (NEPA) Workers To Go On Nationwide Strike On Wednesday by mmedhaf: 3:09pm On Mar 29, 2009
NEPA PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GO ON STRIKE !!!!!!

but come to think of it,how can something which wasn't alive at the first place - die ?
Re: PHCN (NEPA) Workers To Go On Nationwide Strike On Wednesday by FBS: 4:13pm On Mar 29, 2009
they must be joking.
Re: PHCN (NEPA) Workers To Go On Nationwide Strike On Wednesday by MaiSuya(m): 4:34pm On Mar 29, 2009
vanitty:

The fact that electricity supply is so bad is no way the fault of the employees.
The root of the problem stems to the politician that refused to do the right thing but would rather be a gobbling duck and embezzle the money set aside for the phcn development.

Good point.
Re: PHCN (NEPA) Workers To Go On Nationwide Strike On Wednesday by AmAlone: 4:42pm On Mar 29, 2009
One and all this bastards must had been making a fool of themselve
I mean how can you strike in a strike?? angry
Ask Go to HELL and burn to ashes--Samoski Said SO angry
Re: PHCN (NEPA) Workers To Go On Nationwide Strike On Wednesday by AmAlone: 4:43pm On Mar 29, 2009
One and all this bastards must had been making a fool of themselve
I mean how can you strike in a strike?? angry
Ask Them to Go to HELL and burn to ashes--Samoski Said SO angry
Re: PHCN (NEPA) Workers To Go On Nationwide Strike On Wednesday by AmAlone: 4:49pm On Mar 29, 2009
Mai Suya:

Good point.

Abeg you no no wetin you dey talk.
you work for them before??
Those bastards, I mean one and all of them get means wey them take they contribute to the up and down of power in nigeria.
Them give them the money to do the work, them no Am??--NO!

Since 1960. . . Imagine that
Re: PHCN (NEPA) Workers To Go On Nationwide Strike On Wednesday by nich(m): 4:54pm On Mar 29, 2009
Important people say they want to go on strike nepa sef dey talk say they wan go on strike.  angry  angry  nonsense and ingredients  

It's a pity to know that these nepa staff are actually our fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, etc. If i were asked, i'd recommend that PHCN be privitized, all staff be sacked, adverts be placed for new staff recruitment and then proper and thorough training (particularly customer service training) be done for all staff before they commence work.
If only PHCN could see the goldmine she's sitting on: a whole country of about 120million people waiting to be supplied electric power (with additional maintenance service).

FG biko, (singing: who the cap fit, let them where it .  .  .)   cheesy

@ our esteemed admin/moderators,
what happened to the 'modify button'?    
Re: PHCN (NEPA) Workers To Go On Nationwide Strike On Wednesday by kayc33(m): 5:02pm On Mar 29, 2009
They are goin on strike? shocked
well it wont make any difference anyway grin
Re: PHCN (NEPA) Workers To Go On Nationwide Strike On Wednesday by oblo(m): 5:19pm On Mar 29, 2009
I have kuku been living on my generator for the past 2 yrs so i dnt tink a few days of downing tools will make a hell off a diffrence abi? Shikena!!
Re: PHCN (NEPA) Workers To Go On Nationwide Strike On Wednesday by strangleyo: 5:22pm On Mar 29, 2009
Privatize.

Let private business sort it out. Government's job is not to provide power, the private sector is more than capable. All the government is doing is subsidizing corruption while incompetence multiplies exponentially.
Re: PHCN (NEPA) Workers To Go On Nationwide Strike On Wednesday by Nobody: 5:32pm On Mar 29, 2009
UP PHCN!!

**Next topic please**
Re: PHCN (NEPA) Workers To Go On Nationwide Strike On Wednesday by kamalydeen(m): 5:46pm On Mar 29, 2009
,  so Nepa are still functioning i thought they've pack off since they have turn to, Please hold your candle now i e (PHCN) smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Lost My Voters Card (P.V.C) , Please Help On How To Get Another / Video Of Fulani Terrorists,raped A Woman And Removed Her Eye In Akure / South-East South-South Professionals Association Of Nigeria Endorses Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.