Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,278 members, 7,822,369 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

Marriage A Second Time Around Too Same Guy - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage A Second Time Around Too Same Guy (1945 Views)

Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing / Is Marriage A Measure Of Success In Life? / Is Marriage A Bed Of Roses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage A Second Time Around Too Same Guy by Nobody: 3:15pm On Mar 31, 2009
@Topic.
Love can be very stupid atimes, u know grin cheesy tongue
Re: Marriage A Second Time Around Too Same Guy by JustGood(m): 3:25pm On Mar 31, 2009
*Hauwa*:

Justgood,

don't blame foreign women. Blame our brothers who marry for jetting out. maybe brother managed to leave nig to malaysia and hit on Australian lady he met. it is not her fault. this guy should just do the right thing, get his wife a ring, do family intro and announce the marriage to families and friends. how hard is that?

Hauwa, is it by force? Maybe the guy is not particularly interested. The way men(especially Naija men) think is different from the way women think and its a dog eat dog world so the man is probably trying to get what he can get if he can do it with minimal effort.
Re: Marriage A Second Time Around Too Same Guy by bigbumper(f): 9:27pm On Mar 31, 2009
JustGood:

Some people think that its alright for women to act daft and stupid and blame guys who take advantage of their stupidity. As long as we have women who keep telling the girls that its alright for them to be stupid, there will be boys to take advantage of them.

Rather than telling them them what they have done stupidly, you all go out and tell the man (as long as he is Nigerian) that he is a devil. If someone knows that there are burglars on the prowl and leaves his door open, would you not say he was foolish to have left his doors open in the knowledge that burglars are on the prowl?

Is this Justgood sensically (sic) speaking (sic) so (sic) shocked shocked shocked Wonders shall never end shocked Anyway there is a first time for everything sha tongue
Re: Marriage A Second Time Around Too Same Guy by bigbumper(f): 9:32pm On Mar 31, 2009
kearra:

. . . To set the record right hubby didn't say i was greedy or insensitive I was asking that question of myself . . .

That still does not negate the fact that he has reneged on the promise he made to you
Re: Marriage A Second Time Around Too Same Guy by kearra(f): 1:35am On Apr 01, 2009
no we are 39 and 40
We met we and I fell in love , it was not love at first sight this happend over 10 months. as for race or colour thats not the question. We are looking for a house of our own my hubby moves from job to job mine is stable in one place. the problem is i work in a hospital in a town far away we both earn good wages so at the moment I wont give up my job as we need the money to save.
Yes it has something to do with no ring I just feel in limbo I'm married but have no rings at all the ring is only small its his promise to wed here in Australia for my family that pains me he will be returning home to my house in 2 days and i do plan to speak to him in more detail about this
we are both working towards a better life and Maybe that is what he waits for

That still does not negate the fact that he has reneged on the promise he made to you
big_bumper Quote from: *Hauwa* on March 30, 2009, 02:47 PM

Justgood,

don't blame foreign women. Blame our brothers who marry for jetting out. maybe brother managed to leave nig to Malaysia and hit on Australian lady he met. it is not her fault. this guy should just do the right thing, get his wife a ring, do family intro and announce the marriage to families and friends. how hard is that?

I always pray his love is real and not as so many here suggest, False I'm not here to judge I'm here for enlightenment. OK yes I'm partly white and Australian born its not a rush my family knew we engaged it was our problems with visa and yes finances that made us disside to marry there I'm Not saying he has tricked me we are not teenagers I'm trying to understand why his change of mind yes it could be finances. he talks of a house of our own, Again mabe this is what he strives for

some one asked if we have children yet no I have a son from previous, My son likes him and to me thats all that really counts my hubby calls him his son and wants to put him through collage etc, but yes he wants child of his own too,

Sometimes i think space is what he needs but at the same time don't i need some kind of compleation in my life too.
something that says I belong , Now is that wrong of me thees are the questions i will ask of him when he comes here to stay until work calls him away again
Re: Marriage A Second Time Around Too Same Guy by Hauwa1: 1:46am On Apr 01, 2009
lady, good that he is coming in 2days time. talk to him after a good meal of Akpu or poundo and egusi soup with plenty oxtail cool and carafish
Re: Marriage A Second Time Around Too Same Guy by JustGood(m): 1:53pm On Apr 01, 2009
Hopefully, we go hear wetin happen finally. . . I siddon look
Re: Marriage A Second Time Around Too Same Guy by JustGood(m): 1:54pm On Apr 01, 2009
big_bumper:

Is this Justgood sensically (sic) speaking (sic) so (sic) shocked shocked shocked Wonders shall never end shocked Anyway there is a first time for everything sha tongue

perhaps you should start typing brainically
Re: Marriage A Second Time Around Too Same Guy by touchmeder: 2:50pm On Apr 01, 2009
i smell a rat. who smells it with me? lipsrsealed i pray i am very very wrong sha.

how much does a ring cost for God's sake? But then again why buy a ring when to the world you are not married?
you need to talk to this man, first things first, tell your family apologise and all that
move to your own house as soon as you guys save enough money
if you still have something left, it will be nice to go with him to Africa by december so you see the parents and do a small traditional stuff
you can do something later in Australia where your family and friends can see you (every girls dream)
dont sweat it too much babe, take it easy.
if the white wedding means so much to you, you can do it but that means going to Africa will wait, just prioritize these events
you need to tell your parents first, its only reasonable at this stage for someone who really loves you. the deed has been done nothing more to hide.
i hope undecided
Re: Marriage A Second Time Around Too Same Guy by Nobody: 2:25pm On Apr 05, 2009
JustGood:

perhaps you should start typing brainically
brainically? shocked shocked

Iyalode, you spoke too soon jor grin grin grin

big_bumper:

Re: Marriage A Second Time Around Too Same Guy by JustGood(m): 12:18pm On Apr 06, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

brainically? shocked shocked

Iyalode, you spoke too soon jor grin grin grin

Yes, she did.

Same way you did everything too soon!
Re: Marriage A Second Time Around Too Same Guy by kearra(f): 6:48am On Apr 17, 2009
brein:

@Topic.
Love can be very stupid atimes, u know grin cheesy tongue
touchmeder:

i smell a rat. who smells it with me? lipsrsealed i pray i am very very wrong sha.

how much does a ring cost for God's sake? But then again why buy a ring when to the world you are not married?
you need to talk to this man, first things first, tell your family apologise and all that
move to your own house as soon as you guys save enough money
if you still have something left, it will be nice to go with him to Africa by December so you see the parents and do a small traditional stuff
you can do something later in Australia where your family and friends can see you (every girls dream)
don't sweat it too much babe, take it easy.
if the white wedding means so much to you, you can do it but that means going to Africa will wait, just prioritize these events
you need to tell your parents first, its only reasonable at this stage for someone who really loves you. the deed has been done nothing more to hide.
i hope undecided

Thank you for the feed back I must say I've been surprised with all the replies,
I talked to my man over the past weekend things have settled a little and getting better
marrage and rings may have to wait We really want to fly back to Nigeria this Christmas My man needs to see his family
the white wedding is not the be all and end all of our life
I just felt incomplete as something was missing yet the love we shared while he was here is still very strong
no shot guns no something smelling of rats. I see hope and love in his eyes and i guess that will have to hold me till
things improve. He left for work this very afternoon, sad and a little upset about leaving me alone again

My man is not leading me astray I think I answered my own question , with Your help
I still desire the ring that binds but I say with a smile that love Lives here
wink cheesy grin wink

Take care to all and Happy Easter cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Parents Call Their Girl Child "Mama"? / When Is The Right Time To Delete A Late Loved One's Number. / How My Best Friend Betrayed Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.