Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1027) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4429266 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1024) (1025) (1026) (1027) (1028) (1029) (1030) ... (3674) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 6:48pm On Aug 31, 2018
Mgbadike80:
I always love your contributions, you're one of those that have made this section so wonderful. Dalu rinne,
thank you sir God bless
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 11:25pm On Aug 31, 2018
Mgbadike80:
hmm, that's a wonderful suggestion but the wiring would be a bit difficult. we'll seek professional opinion on it.

The wiring is not difficult, the best way is to plan the wiring from the beginning and have a separate consumer unit for all the solar line, the wiring of lighting, socket on solar is the same way in normal PHCN/GEN, just make sure you have two sources of power(aolar and PHCN/gen) to all the solar distribution board from changeover switch by introducing bye-pass. when the inverter/solar is down you can easily change to PHCN/GEN.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mgbadike80: 4:58am On Sep 01, 2018
topsy23:

The wiring is not difficult, the best way is to plan the wiring from the beginning and have a separate consumer unit for all the solar line, the wiring of lighting, socket on solar is the same way in normal PHCN/GEN, just make sure you have two sources of power(aolar and PHCN/gen) to all the solar distribution board from changeover switch by introducing bye-pass. when the inverter/solar is down you can easily change to PHCN/GEN.
thanks for sharing more information on this, it's a pleasure learning from you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by igwedehxy: 9:11am On Sep 01, 2018
Plz I need an idea on how much scaffolding for standing water tanks can be made. The quotation I am getting is 130k to 150k. Plz help me confirm this
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 10:19am On Sep 01, 2018
igwedehxy:
Plz I need an idea on how much scaffolding for standing water tanks can be made. The quotation I am getting is 130k to 150k. Plz help me confirm this
I guess u meant water tank stand?
What is d height & materials they are using?

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by m4goodlife: 10:38am On Sep 01, 2018
Hi house. I need the service of a competent architect in Kwara state, ilorin precisely.

Thank you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by raymondFirstborn(m): 1:37pm On Sep 01, 2018
m4goodlife:
Hi house. I need the service of a competent architect in Kwara state, ilorin precisely.

Thank you.

you can contact me on

09056082348(call & whatsapp)
Raymondfubara@gmail.com
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by igwedehxy: 1:50pm On Sep 01, 2018
Rubbiish:

I guess u meant water tank stand?
What is d height & materials they are using?

They are using galvanized pipes. The height, let's say 6ft
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 2:03pm On Sep 01, 2018
raymondFirstborn:

you can contact me on

09056082348(call & whatsapp) Raymondfubara@gmail.com
Do u now stay in Kwara?

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 2:05pm On Sep 01, 2018
igwedehxy:

They are using galvanized pipes. The height, let's say 6ft
Are u sure the height is 6ft? Is d building a bungalow?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 3:28pm On Sep 01, 2018
m4goodlife:

Thank you.
Hello sir,
Good afternoon
I'm presently in ilorin Asa Dam Area along Nut ITF road.
My whatsapp number is 08100452977
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 3:29pm On Sep 01, 2018
Rubbiish:
Do u now stay in Kwara?
lol Good guy always catching everything
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by raymondFirstborn(m): 3:55pm On Sep 01, 2018
Rubbiish:
Do u now stay in Kwara?
I stay in Lagos
my cousin a graduate of architecture is serving(NYSC) in kwara
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 5:39pm On Sep 01, 2018
raymondFirstborn:

I stay in Lagos

my cousin a graduate of architecture is serving(NYSC) in kwara
Does that change you from being a Qauntity Surveyor to an Arcjhitect?
I know you closely as a good Surveyor.

Not showing clear identity of oneself won't make people and especially your Client to trust u.

Just saying#Let's take Note.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by micgray100(m): 9:58pm On Sep 01, 2018
Always available for consultancy..
Engr. A.L Onakomaya..MNSE. RCOREN
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Talk2iyfy: 10:48pm On Sep 01, 2018
Please how many tons of chippings is needed to deck a 254sqm duplex with two staircase. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Babs612000(m): 2:54am On Sep 02, 2018
ChiefSupplier55:
Solid doors for solid security of a solid home
Kindly inbox me the prices of the doors with the pictures to babs612000@yahoo.co.uk
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FADEO: 7:11am On Sep 02, 2018
Any one selling iron rod in Port Harcourt?

Need prices for

Y16mm, (per piece and per ton)
Y12mm, (per piece and Per ton)
Y 10mm, (per Piece and Per ton)

To be delivered in Woji Area of PH
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ceelog(m): 10:40am On Sep 02, 2018
igwedehxy:
This tank of mine was done for the downstairs. Slightly above 4meters. Used galvanized pipes. Plus casting everything cost about 110k (Stand was 90k cast 20k). This was mid 2016.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Tpave(m): 11:27am On Sep 02, 2018
Talk2iyfy:
Please how many tons of chippings is needed to deck a 254sqm duplex with two staircase. Thanks
50 tons
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 12:15pm On Sep 02, 2018
Great minds cool
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by igwedehxy: 2:51pm On Sep 02, 2018
Rubbiish:

Are u sure the height is 6ft?
Is d building a bungalow?

Yes it's a bungalow
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by igwedehxy: 2:52pm On Sep 02, 2018
ceelog:

This tank of mine was done for the downstairs. Slightly above 4meters. Used galvanized pipes. Plus casting everything cost about 110k (Stand was 90k cast 20k). This was mid 2016.

Where did they cast?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 3:21pm On Sep 02, 2018
igwedehxy:

Yes it's a bungalow
Then i fear 6ft maybe too low

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 3:23pm On Sep 02, 2018
ceelog:

What is size of the galvanized pipes?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by shelliz: 4:42pm On Sep 02, 2018
Good day all. I asked a question some days ago, even pleaded for answers but only got 1 response. Please is this thread for " man know man" only?
My question is in what order should the below listed be done?

Plumbing and electrical piping
Plastering
Fixing of window protectors and casement windows
Fixing of doors
tiles
Pop.

Thanks in advance to those that will reply me.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jadell: 5:10pm On Sep 02, 2018
it can be in the following order;

Plastering
Fixing of window protectors and cassement windows
Pop.
tiles
Fixing of doors

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BuilderDave: 5:35pm On Sep 02, 2018
Looking for structural designs of Super structures, I can join your team. Give ideas, steel reinforcement design of commercial and Residential building call 07063154532

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 5:55pm On Sep 02, 2018
jadell:

Plastering
Pop.
tiles
Fixing of doors
Thanks
Do Fixing of window protectors and cassement windows come before plastering sir?

cc: shelliz
The thread is not a man know man thread...lol
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 5:56pm On Sep 02, 2018
jadell:

Plastering
Pop.
tiles
Fixing of doors

Thanks

plumbing and electrical first stage(piping)

burglary

fixing of main entrance and kitchen door

plastering

fixing window

pop

tiles

fixing of internal doors

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 8:18pm On Sep 02, 2018
topsy23:

plumbing and electrical first stage(piping)

burglary

fixing of main entrance and kitchen door

plastering

fixing window

pop

tiles

fixing of internal doors

Engr topsy longest time, how work, you make a good schedule of the work.
But to buttress your shcduled.

*Plumbing and electrical pipe.
*Fixing of any wooden doors frame/complete iron doors.
*Plastring( this should be done but window edges should not be done at this time.)
*Fixing of casement window [( if fixing before this time some bad bricklayer will messed up with the window no matter protection you put in it (nylon) ....from experience,
*At this point you can plaster/dress your windows edges to received burglar bars (if done after burglar bars it will be difficult for the meason to get perfect edges)
*Burglar bars.
* Pop ceiling
* Then floor finishings (marble, terazzo,tiles etc).
* Fixing of wooden door leave.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1024) (1025) (1026) (1027) (1028) (1029) (1030) ... (3674) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Joy2world and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.