Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,619 members, 7,851,097 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:24 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1029) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4479119 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1026) (1027) (1028) (1029) (1030) (1031) (1032) ... (3689) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 05, 2018
rotecch77:

see how we did it here.
check the link and almost same question asked by a member here.

https://www.nairaland.com/3851900/general-finishings-5bdrs-luxury-duplex/16#69889226

Is this better than using the already made putty?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 5:31pm On Sep 05, 2018
the issue is, it depends on how you prepare it, if well prepared its better, but it will cost you much than ready made.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:27pm On Sep 05, 2018
rotecch77:
the issue is, it depends on how you prepare it, if well prepared its better, but it will cost you much than ready made.

Thanks for your response I was given this quote by my engineer and as usual since I have no idea about it makes it difficult deciding

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 7:50pm On Sep 05, 2018
Teebawse:

Thanks for your response I was given this quote by my engineer and as usual since I have no idea about it makes it difficult deciding

1.3m to screed how many estate or state.

this quotation is not from an engr.

* seceding..
*poty
*drom

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 7:59pm On Sep 05, 2018
Teebawse:

I could give you the ready mix screeding putty for 7k.
I supplied a very old member since 2014 and it's yet to be painted but it's still looking snow White like it's painted.
I still maintain regular communication with the client.

https://www.nairaland.com/1791846/thread-property-owners-types-paint
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 8:02pm On Sep 05, 2018
micbjrex:
Hello House,
I want to remove my property's Aluminium roofing so I can do a slab/decking as per a new building plan. I plan to reuse the aluminium roofing when the upper floor is done. Please, I want to know if I can reuse the aluminium roofing before I remove it. Thanks
You can not the formal nail point can never tally.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:21pm On Sep 05, 2018
rotecch77:

1.3m to screed how many estate or state.

this quotation is not from an engr.

* seceding..
*poty
*drom

It’s a twin 3 bedroom duplex

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:22pm On Sep 05, 2018
gbadexy:

I could give you the ready mix screeding putty for 7k.
I supplied a very old member since 2014 and it's yet to be painted but it's still looking snow White like it's painted.
I still maintain regular communication with the client.

https://www.nairaland.com/1791846/thread-property-owners-types-paint

How can I contact you??
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 8:33pm On Sep 05, 2018
Teebawse:

How can I contact you??
07082715846, 09096856700.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:53pm On Sep 05, 2018
gbadexy:

07082715846, 09096856700.

Are they both on Whatsapp
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 8:56pm On Sep 05, 2018
Teebawse:

Are they both on Whatsapp
yes sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 9:59pm On Sep 05, 2018
Teebawse:

It’s a twin 3 bedroom duplex

this thing is done per square meter and there is no way such amount of money will be qouted for this house ...it's too much.
I believed GBADEX will give you good product and explain the total meter a drum will cover , then ask your engr for workmanship. ......but 400k for workmanship is on high side, something in region of 250-280k will do.
then add material.
tentatively 650-750 will finish everything with materials.

don't fight your engr because of this our little input, life na jeje.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 10:20pm On Sep 05, 2018
rotecch77:

this thing is done per square meter and there is no way such amount of money will be qouted for this house ...it's too much.
I believed GBADEX will give you good product and explain the total meter a drum will cover , then ask your engr for workmanship. ......but 400k for workmanship is on high side, something in region of 250-280k will do.
then add material.

na so jare
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:26pm On Sep 05, 2018
rotecch77:

then add material.

Thanks bro Gbadexy was really the man to meet,he has broken down everything and I will be saving a lot,will definitely be dealing with him on this one will only pay the engineer to supervise

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 10:35pm On Sep 05, 2018
Teebawse:

Thanks bro Gbadexy was really the man to meet,he has broken down everything and I will be saving a lot,will definitely be dealing with him on this one will only pay the engineer to supervise
Cool!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 10:44pm On Sep 05, 2018
rotecch77:

then add material.

Thanks very much for the kind words and confidence in me.
I just got back on nairaland from my whatsapp chat with @ mr teebawse and I just saw your message.
The tentative estimate I gave him was the exact figure I gave him pending when he gets the accurate measurement from his architect.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 11:28pm On Sep 05, 2018
gbadexy:

I just got back on nairaland from my whatsapp chat with @ mr teebawse and I just saw your message.
The tentative estimate I gave him was the exact figure I gave him pending when he gets the accurate measurement from his architect.
woooool u too an engr? Cool!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 2:46am On Sep 06, 2018
It’s a twin 3 bedroom duplex [/quote]

Teebawse

Baba immediately you need tiles just let me know ABEG! undecided
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 5:49am On Sep 06, 2018
gbadexy:

Good of you my brother, we know you of good paint and others related materials with the services.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 5:55am On Sep 06, 2018
Teebawse:

You are on good track with Gbadex, more so immidiatly the screeding done , we can start the tiling and plumbing appliances (i.e water closet, basin, shower), both the SALES and the INSALLATION as you asked on this my thread WITH OTHERS FINISHINGS

https://www.nairaland.com/4269104/showcasing-plumbing-tiling-finishing-work/5#70148069
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 7:24am On Sep 06, 2018
Timtol:

woooool u too an engr? Cool!
I am a paint and allied products engineer only if there is any such thing.
screeding falls under coating and finishing.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 7:26am On Sep 06, 2018
rotecch77:

You are on good track with Gbadex, more so immidiatly the screeding done , we can start the tiling and plumbing appliances (i.e water closet, basin, shower), both the SALES and the INSALLATION as you asked on this my thread WITH OTHERS FINISHINGS

https://www.nairaland.com/4269104/showcasing-plumbing-tiling-finishing-work/5#70148069
Thanks boss. much appreciated.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 7:38am On Sep 06, 2018
gbadexy:

I am a paint and allied products engineer only if there is any such thing.
screeding falls under coating and finishing.
Ohh Okay.
Lovely,thought you are a structural engineer tho I have mine already working together over projects.
It's nice meeting you sir and your field is well noted in case we need your service,I think we can trust you.
God bless.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:54am On Sep 06, 2018
rotecch77:

https://www.nairaland.com/4269104/showcasing-plumbing-tiling-finishing-
work/5#70148069

Yes will get back to you on that,already saved your info for that stage when am set
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Barryton: 9:01am On Sep 06, 2018
gabbytabby:
I would always do pvc then plastering so that bricklayer can cover any cracks left by pvc installation and some of these can be quite significant and also to seal the edges to limit access to rodents and insects.

Thanks sis.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Gokoyer0(m): 9:10am On Sep 06, 2018
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 9:26am On Sep 06, 2018
Timtol:

Ohh Okay.
Lovely,thought you are a structural engineer tho I have mine already working together over projects.
It's nice meeting you sir and your field is well noted in case we need your service,I think we can trust you.
God bless.
Thank you very much sir.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Talk2iyfy: 10:05am On Sep 06, 2018
This is the picture of the double 2 bedroom flat and a 4bed duplex in front all sitting in a 471sm land. I paid my engineer 150k so far. He's a relative. We are waiting for rain to beat it well before we cast German floor.Thanks guys for your input. Open for input and questions. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Victornezzar: 11:54am On Sep 06, 2018
Please what's the cost of building a 5 bedroom duplex
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hajivince(m): 12:01pm On Sep 06, 2018
Victornezzar:
Please what's the cost of building a 5 bedroom duplex

On a good soil that even Strip footing can be used, 6-8m to screeding while on a not too good soil where Raft can be used, 8-10m and on a bad soil where deep foundation such as Pile can be used, whew, 12-18m depending on the depth of pile. For more analysis breakdown, you can reach me on
WhatsApp or Call: 08069452707

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hajivince(m): 12:09pm On Sep 06, 2018
Talk2iyfy:
This is the picture of the double 2 bedroom flat and a 4bed duplex in front all sitting in a 471sm land. I paid my engineer 150k so far. He's a relative. We are waiting for rain to beat it well before we cast German floor.Thanks guys for your input. Open for input and questions. Thanks

Waiting for rain to beat it is a form of Natural Consolidation which is good but if you want to move out of this stage on time and to be fair to your Engr not having to spend the stipend he's got while waiting, you can as well get a bore-hole around & use it to wet the filling which of course as shown in the picture attached is of fine texture (filling sand) & not clayey in nature like laterites & the likes, which means it is not subjected to alternate expansion and contraction, after which u can get a ramming machine for compaction to remove voids from it pores and u good to go for your German floor

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1026) (1027) (1028) (1029) (1030) (1031) (1032) ... (3689) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: RockOfAgesAlumi(m), Godisgreatest1, diordaves(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.