Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,989 members, 7,821,452 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1047) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4409087 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1044) (1045) (1046) (1047) (1048) (1049) (1050) ... (3670) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 10:29am On Oct 06, 2018
Kaybthaniels:
Morning house, my borehole guy is suggesting Lorenzo or Interdab submersible pump machine, Please are both any good??

Interdab, Dab or Lorenzo are both good but must be copper coil in order to serve you long.

thanks

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by marylandcakes: 11:25am On Oct 06, 2018
gabbytabby:
A little bit more. They should be finished by Monday.

Thanks anyway I’ve got someone already, I just couldn’t wait. Maybe next time.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tevanso(m): 12:17pm On Oct 06, 2018
Haryanphe:

OK sir, will start working towards it
the best way to construction the soak away and septic tank is to do a precast from the surface and sink it to the ground . there will be pumping machine to pump the water out on the day of sinking and it will be property sealed. That is the way we do it Lagos island where the water level is high . NB u need a capable hand to do this.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 12:21pm On Oct 06, 2018
tevanso:
the best way to construction the soak away and septic tank is to do a precast from the surface and sink it to the ground . there will be pumping machine to pump the water out on the day of sinking and it will be property sealed.
correct
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 3:09pm On Oct 06, 2018
For your setting blocks we charge N60 per block for bricklaying and labour, 9 inches block, N50 for 6 inches blocks

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by asids55: 3:50pm On Oct 06, 2018
Daboomb:

There are certainly Solar Water Pumps.

I will see if l can get a picture of one for you but l am sure there are some other people here who may have it as well because we have discussed that issue on this thread in the recent past.
You may also scroll through the thread or do a search with that keyword (Solar Wate Pump), maybe it will throw it up for you.

thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by joycluv: 1:39pm On Oct 07, 2018
Want to know if a chain lintel is a must for a bungalow
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 2:58pm On Oct 07, 2018
joycluv:
Want to know if a chain lintel is a must for a bungalow
Not a must, but it is good. Considering the strength of our blocks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Shegman22(m): 5:18pm On Oct 07, 2018
tevanso:
the best way to construction the soak away and septic tank is to do a precast from the surface and sink it to the ground . there will be pumping machine to pump the water out on the day of sinking and it will be property sealed. That is the way we do it Lagos island where the water level is high . NB u need a capable hand to do this.
This method can't work in Ibadan,unless you want to suffer the digger

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by joycluv: 6:32pm On Oct 07, 2018
Rubbiish:

Not a must, but it is good. Considering the strength of our blocks.
Tanx
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tevanso(m): 11:07am On Oct 08, 2018
Shegman22:
This method can't work in Ibadan,unless you want to suffer the digger
bros its a water logged area, so it will work .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by joycluv: 12:36pm On Oct 08, 2018
Send down the rain roofs- how many feet high should it be?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 1:06pm On Oct 08, 2018
gabbytabby:
Setting block not more than 3 days for bricklayer and labour 18k carpenter and welder day job so 8k. Bricklayer fills the mould with concrete and plaster cover 2 days 12k so total of 38k should do for the chambers. You buy all materials.

Block, cement. Sand, iron rod, plank. Granite or gravel.

gabbytabby this your chamber cost dear o ! 38K for ONE chamber or unlimited chambers per soakaway? I mean 38K just for labour? How many chambers? Please give us more information. How was this costing done?

I did about 20 chambers at N3,500 per chamber labour only All inclusive; bricklayer, carpentry work, iron bender etc AND safeguarding of the pipes; that is demarcating the pipes from damage. So the pipes are covered with loose sand and gravel on top for accessibility for maintenance work. The photo is NOT my site, just for illustration purpose.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kaybthaniels(m): 1:32pm On Oct 08, 2018
Boss, do you still have the contact of the person that did this your tank stand?, I will appreciate if you share his contact info with me...I am needing one for a 3bed flat too..Thanks

ceelog:

This tank of mine was done for the downstairs. Slightly above 4meters. Used galvanized pipes. Plus casting everything cost about 110k (Stand was 90k cast 20k). This was mid 2016.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by igwedexy: 2:32pm On Oct 08, 2018
please i need someone who can supply me an electric concrete pole at ikorodu area at a price range of 23k. kindly drop your contact details.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 2:34pm On Oct 08, 2018
House abeg, between Sherwin William and Dulux paint, which is more quality and expensive?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Etranshub(m): 2:41pm On Oct 08, 2018
Kaybthaniels:
Boss, do you still have the contact of the person that did this your tank stand?, I will appreciate if you share his contact info with me...I am needing one for a 3bed flat too..Thanks

sir I can fabricate this galvanised pipe tank stand for you . We can also use channels (U or H channel) if you want I am working on one presently. Check my signature for contact details...regards
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kaybthaniels(m): 3:00pm On Oct 08, 2018
Okay I will get in touch in a bit.

Etranshub:
sir I can fabricate this galvanised pipe tank stand for you . We can also use channels (U or H channel) if you want I am working on one presently. Check my signature for contact details...regards
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kaybthaniels(m): 3:06pm On Oct 08, 2018
Etranshub:

Your number isn't available on Whatsapp
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Etranshub(m): 3:13pm On Oct 08, 2018
Kaybthaniels:

Your number isn't available on Whatsapp
its available on whatsapp 08167488947. I will send you a pm
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 3:38pm On Oct 08, 2018
igwedexy:
please i need someone who can supply me an electric concrete pole at ikorodu area at a price range of 23k. kindly drop your contact details.

I doubt if you will get a good concrete pole at that rate.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 4:33pm On Oct 08, 2018
diordaves:

gabbytabby this your chamber cost dear o ! 38K for ONE chamber or unlimited chambers per soakaway? I mean 38K just for labour? How many chambers? Please give us more information. How was this costing done?

I did about 20 chambers at N3,500 per chamber labour only All inclusive; bricklayer, carpentry work, iron bender etc AND safeguarding of the pipes; that is demarcating the pipes from damage. So the pipes are covered with loose sand and gravel on top for accessibility for maintenance work. The photo is NOT my site, just for illustration purpose.
He said 12 chambers and it's for all. I also said 3 days max so he might be able to shave off 1 day off 6k off the block work. 3.5k versus my 3.2k not really an issue I don't think

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 5:11pm On Oct 08, 2018
gabbytabby:
He said 12 chambers and it's for all. I also said 3 days max so he might be able to shave off 1 day off 6k off the block work. 3.5k versus my 4k not really an issue I don't think

12 Chambers. Now I get you. My heart been cut. I missed the number of Chambers.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ceelog(m): 8:22pm On Oct 08, 2018
Kaybthaniels:

The guy has relocated to Enugu. I don't think he can work outside his station. He is a civil servant welder
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kaybthaniels(m): 8:33pm On Oct 08, 2018
Ok boss, Thanks!

ceelog:

The guy has relocated to Enugu. I don't think he can work outside his station. He is a civil servant welder
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hollywater: 2:51am On Oct 09, 2018
mountmoriah:
For your setting blocks we charge N60 per block for bricklaying and labour, 9 inches block, N50 for 6 inches blocks
How will you charge to do a fence (50/100).
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by coldgate(f): 6:27am On Oct 09, 2018
Hello house, good to see that the properties section is still going strong. I would like anyone who has an idea on borehole construction to fill me in. It seems that there are several types of boreholes? I am not sure why i keep getting quotes that are so far apart. Someone said N250,000. Another person said that it is done for N350,000. The location is Kaduna. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 6:46am On Oct 09, 2018
coldgate:
Hello house, good to see that the properties section is still going strong. I would like anyone who has an idea on borehole construction to fill me in. It seems that there are several types of boreholes? I am not sure why i keep getting quotes that are so far apart. Someone said N250,000. Another person said that it is done for N350,000. The location is Kaduna. Thanks

its better to ask people around you.. borehope sometime is area dependent... in my place with 130 you cn have it done.. where as some places u can spend up to a million

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 7:21am On Oct 09, 2018
twinskenny:

its better to ask people around you.. borehope sometime is area dependent... in my place with 130 you cn have it done.. where as some places u can spend up to a million
True...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 10:00am On Oct 09, 2018
diordaves:

I was just laughing at myself this morning that you think a self proclaimed iya ijebu will pay 38k for a single chamber they better make it into a monument of sort which will attract a tourist fee.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 10:15am On Oct 09, 2018
Finally done and run down with exhaustion and cough and 2 tenants? come they find trouble making special requests right left and centre and refusing to occupy until ........

I might join the rank of landlord wey them say they have keys for hand come reach find out say another serious tenant done occupy. Obviously they will get their money back save for their agency me no send oh.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by joycluv: 4:56pm On Oct 09, 2018
Etranshub:

Not sure about how many bags of cement but can give you a break down on the 12mm road. Buy 20 lengths that will be enough.

Breakdown

Let's assume you are using a square ring (irrespective of the size)
* doors = cut maximum of 5ft per length by 4 (square ring) = 20ft /door lintel by 17 doors = 340 divide by 38 (a length of rod is between 38ft-40ft)=8.9 lengths of rods

* window (let's assume your windows are 4ft by 4ft) cut maximum of 6ft per length by 4 (square ring)= 24ft /window lintel by 14 windows =336 divide by 38 = 8.8 lengths of rod

* toilet windows (2ft by 2ft window) cut 3ft by 4 pcs = 12/toilet window by 4 windows = 48fts divide by 38 = 1.3 lenths of rod.

Total = 8.9+8.8+1.3= 18.9 lengths
Can I use 10mm Rod instead of 12mm?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1044) (1045) (1046) (1047) (1048) (1049) (1050) ... (3670) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.