Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,295 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:14 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1051) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4370275 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1048) (1049) (1050) (1051) (1052) (1053) (1054) ... (3662) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 12:03pm On Oct 13, 2018
earthrealm:

yeah you got it spot on, though i think your picture is still a lil wrong. the sewage sewage system should be constructed in such a way that the solid waste settles at the bottom while the liquid waste flows over to the next pit.
lemme explain further., if you have 2 pits for ur sewage, the first pit shud serve as the soakaway [or even if its 1 pit, it should be split into 2 or 3 chambers]. lets assume the pits are 15ft deep, then the first chamber should have solid plastered blocks upto about 10ft, then as from 10ft, those blocks with holes are used, that way, until the ist chamber gets filled nearly to the top. then the liquid waste will start going over to the next pit to settle, and so on. thats the proper way to design the system, but our people dont like doing it, cos of the other disadvantages+cost involved

I've discussed all you said here before with the full final pictures. The final design was actually all you said and more.

It is the final treated waste water that goes into the ground not the waste.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 1:19pm On Oct 13, 2018
diordaves:

I've discussed all you said here before with the full final pictures. The final design was actually all you said and more.

Please what mechanism is put in place in this septic/soakaway tank that gets waste water treated?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by earthrealm(m): 2:26pm On Oct 13, 2018
diordaves:

ok yeah, exactly!!, that the correct way, however somepeople use slats instead of pipes to avoid possible blockage due to clomping together of sewage, as no water pressure gets there to force it open, shud the pipe get blocked
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SkinnyNigga: 6:59am On Oct 14, 2018
Talk2iyfy:
Please guys advice needed on the septic tank and soak away. The septic tank has been casted and plastered on all sides but the engineer said we shouldn't plaster the sides of the soak away that it's a waste of money while some other people are suggesting it's to be plastered that water is supposed to drain only from the ground of the soak away. If not it will weaken the hollow blocks faster in years to come. Thanks for advice
it won't cost you a fortune to plaster it.. plaster your soak away pit. .

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 8:07am On Oct 14, 2018
Why not measure by your self. I usually do and I am a little on the generous side even my tiler is now fond of asking me what is the square meter. I tend to ignore 5 percent variation. The only challenge for me is roofing sheets.

If you want to save money you need to get busy.

Kaybthaniels:
I have had 3 POP professionals go measure my site for POP ceiling installation, All came back with different measurements, One saying he measured 118.5 sqm, another 99.8sqm, the other 127sqm, each higher than the other, The 4th guy is on his way now, It's really frustrating embarassed

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 8:52am On Oct 14, 2018
diordaves:

No need to plaster soak away is cutting corners. Best practice is to plaster fully especially where columns weren't introduced. You should plaster and use a sealant.

Over time, the waste water will weaken the blocks which may lead to collapse. Plastering protests the soak away walls from seapage damage. The "soak away" mechanism should be constructed at the bottom of the tank. See photos.

Expecting the walls to act as sponge to soak away the waste is poor civil engineering.
But the soak away doesn't retain the water unlike septic tank?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 11:10am On Oct 14, 2018
A toilet that saves water by using the water you rinsed your hands with, for the next flush.

11 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 2:17pm On Oct 14, 2018
Rubbiish:

But the soak away doesn't retain the water unlike septic tank?

There are three Chambers. The first two Chambers will retain and process the waste water. The process (clean) water will be forwarded to the final chamber which soak the water away into the soil for nature processing into drinking water for the water table.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 2:33pm On Oct 14, 2018
ThatHistoryGuy, thanks for the items you supplied for my little cubicle.. all in order.. tiles, doors and kitchen accessories.. highly recommended
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 2:35pm On Oct 14, 2018
bixton:

Please what mechanism is put in place in this septic/soakaway tank that gets waste water treated?

The connecting pipping is the mechanism.

Sceptic tanks are not sealed just for health and safety alone. Sceptic tanks are covered also beacuse the enzymes and bacteria that feed on the solid waste thrive in complete darkness. Any sunlight into the tank, the solid will not be broken down optimally.

With the help of the bacteria, the solids are broken down with the residue settling at the bottom of the tank.

The oil will float at the top of the the tank. The middle of the tank is just water. It's this (pure) water that is passed to the next chamber and the process starts all over again.

By the time the treated water gets to the third chamber, it's clean clear water. It is this water that is soak away for the natural soil to process further into drinking water for the water table.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 3:09pm On Oct 14, 2018
twinskenny:
ThatHistoryGuy, thanks for the items you supplied for my little cubicle.. all in order.. tiles, doors and kitchen accessories.. highly recommended

Ah My Boss,Sir Twinskenny
It was nice doing business with you also
I really appreciate this sir

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 3:40pm On Oct 14, 2018
diordaves:

Sceptic tanks are not sealed just for health and safety alone. Sceptic tanks are covered also beacuse the enzymes and bacteria that feed on the solid waste thrive in complete darkness. Any sunlight into the tank, the solid will not be broken down optimally.

With the help of the bacteria, the solids are broken down with the residue settling at the bottom of the tank.

The oil will float at the top of the the tank. The middle of the tank is just water. It's this (pure) water that is passed to the next chamber and the process starts all over again.

By the time the treated water gets to the third chamber, it's clean clear water. It is this water that is soak away for the natural soil to process further into drinking water for the water table.

Except the connecting pipes have some form of filter installed within it there's no way it can do what you explained.
Aerobic and anaerobic bacteria have their roles to play which is quite specific given the necessary conditions. The processes carried out here can be termed to be some form of pre-treatment of waste and waste water.
The use of piping in a multiple chamber septic tank is to ensure that the last chamber is occupied only by water.
In order to achieve a clean clear pure water as you have stated in your post, one will have to employ other mechanisms.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 4:30pm On Oct 14, 2018
diordaves:

There are three Chambers. The first two Chambers will retain and process the waste water. The process (clean) water will be forwarded to the final chamber which soak the water away into the soil for nature processing into drinking water for the water table.

That is what i am saying. the final chamber that will soak away the water does it really need plastering? since it doesn't retain water like the first two chambers?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 4:36pm On Oct 14, 2018
diordaves:

This to me is not treatment sir, but to ensure water control so we dont empty our septic tank all d time...This process seperate waste liquid from waste solid, but it doesn't purify the liquid.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sdbaba: 5:07pm On Oct 14, 2018
Good evng Experts.
Pls kindly advice me on best type of immersible pumping machine to buy dat will last long. I bought one just nine months ago and it has packed up already.

Also kindly refer me a good plumber in Ibadan that can do the job.

Many thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 6:27pm On Oct 14, 2018
sdbaba:
Good evng Experts.
Pls kindly advice me on best type of immersible pumping machine to buy dat will last long. I bought one just nine months ago and it has packed up already.

Also kindly refer me a good plumber in Ibadan that can do the job.

Many thanks.
cc roteck66
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Propertylover: 8:05pm On Oct 14, 2018
Things you have to consider before changing your
apartment

Change of environment could be what you are considering the main reason why you want to leave your rented apartment. You might not really like the electricity supply in your rented apartment and you want to consider leaving the place; or your house is far from your work or place of worship. These are what you have to consider before you leave your apartment for the other
1) Money: The price of parking form an apartment to the other is not always small, most especially when you are moving from one state to another or from one area to another. The price of hiring a truck that may damage your property, paying security deposit, having to pay new agency fees, agreement with a lawyer and getting to arrange the new house to the best of your look are not always easy.
2) Rolling with new landlord and tenant: The devil you know is better than the angel that is unknown. You have to consider leaving neigbour that care for you and help you look after your children, or things you sell before leaving a particular rented apartment to the other. It's not easy to create new bond with new people, the success of a stay in an environment depend on the neighbour. Leaving a landlord that did not disturb you for rent for 7months because he knows you are the "chief tenant" should also be considered. Also, the familiarity you have created with the security workers, area boys and other workers in the environment should be put in place before leaving an apartment because of bad electricity alone.
3) Family: The education of your children should also be put into consideration when leaving an apartment. They will have to change their school and schools do not work at the same pace.

Post from: www.propertylover.com.ng

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 8:08pm On Oct 14, 2018
Technology is greatly improving around the world.
Pls does anyone has any idea on concrete grooving?
I have tho,just to have more knowledge from more gurus.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 8:46pm On Oct 14, 2018
Rubbiish:

This to me is not treatment sir, but to ensure water control so we dont empty our septic tank all d time...This process seperate waste liquid from waste solid, but it doesn't purify the liquid.

yeap you are right with this, we discussed this system about 7month ago here which i posted the sketch.
The water will not clean as pure water, it will just clean as that of waste water from bath or basin, but the septic tank will take a longer period of time (30,40, 50yrs this depends on the occupants ) before it will filled up.

The 3rd compartment section water should be directed to the outside drainage (not all area you can do this although the water is semi clean).
What I usually do is that after that 3 compartment section I still do another suck away to direct all the waste water into. but bathing water, basin waste water are channelled into the outside drainage ( there is a reason for this).

Because in future if all the waste water and the scum water are channelled into the suck away and it get filled up there will be an odour and the odour will come straight into you basin and bath, unless you used "P" TRAP, S STRAP and BOTTLE TRAP for your appliances.

There is what we called SEAL, (actually the water that remains inside the trap )inside these trap that prevent back flow of odour.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 9:44pm On Oct 14, 2018
twinskenny:
cc roteck66

thanks twins Kenny
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 11:31pm On Oct 14, 2018
rotecch77:

yeap you are right with this, we discussed this system about 7month ago here which i posted the sketch.
The water will not clean as pure water, it will just clean as that of waste water from bath or basin, but the septic tank will take a longer period of time (30,40, 50yrs this depends on the occupants ) before it will filled up.

The 3rd compartment section water should be directed to the outside drainage (not all area you can do this although the water is semi clean).
What I usually do is that after that 3 compartment section I still do another suck away to direct all the waste water into. but bathing water, basin waste water are channelled into the outside drainage ( there is a reason for this).

Because in future if all the waste water and the scum water are channelled into the suck away and it get filled up there will be an odour and the odour will come straight into you basin and bath, unless you used "P" TRAP, S STRAP and BOTTLE TRAP for your appliances.

There is what we called SEAL, (actually the water that remains inside the trap )inside these trap that prevent back flow of odour.
Thanks for the info sir.
But i want to ask, in a situation whereby d septic tank and soakaway are completely detached. Is proper not to connect a pipe to transfer water from septic tank to d soakaway?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chekz169: 11:46pm On Oct 14, 2018
Hello house. Please what are ways to show proof of ownership of inherited property. because the property does not have documentation (i.e deeds and title)! It was inherited by my father.
How do I show proof that his the owner of the property without having deeds and title of the land and property !!

Urgent question !!!!
Pls I need suggestions!!!!!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 12:18am On Oct 15, 2018
Dangote on September 19th unveil 2 new products *Blocmaster 42.5R for Block moulders *Falcon 32.5R for Quickset i.e Quick curing period

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 12:53am On Oct 15, 2018
Rubbiish:

Thanks for the info sir.
But i want to ask, in a situation whereby d septic tank and soakaway are completely detached. Is proper not to connect a pipe to transfer water from septic tank to d soakaway?

Definitly, there must be a pipe to connect it to the suckaway
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 1:03pm On Oct 15, 2018
Bwaal:
please check ur mail
sent, sorry i was busy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 1:05pm On Oct 15, 2018
chekz169:
Hello house. Please what are ways to show proof of ownership of inherited property. because the property does not have documentation (i.e deeds and title)! It was inherited by my father.
How do I show proof that his the owner of the property without having deeds and title of the land and property !!

Urgent question !!!!
find a competent lawyer, they will know how to go about it for you

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 1:29pm On Oct 15, 2018
Good afternoon house, this is A and S aluminium company, today we are discussing about , how we can get tower aluminium roofing and their thickness, with tower profilt for aluminium windows,

__firstly we have several materials in our country now a days, peoples are fighting for cheapest things in the country, but the fact is that ,when we are talking about roofing sheet aluminium or stone coated , we are have to be very very cearful on that, becouse we u purchased bad materials it may not given problem during the installation or a year after. But the fault may come years to installations,but what's so important is that we have to buy market where we can have rest of mind, on our properties in the country, e, g some Alluminium longspan are used to change in colour after some years , this are the signs of bad materials, some are linking, which is not encouraging at all, so get ur own Squar metre by calling us now and tell us ur house measurement, we are going to give u the best quote, free delivering, call us today, 08135810794, check us on our web site, http://ariseandshinealuminium.com. send to us on our e-mail, info@ariseandshinealuminium.com our , price for 0.45=#1,199,per Squar meter, 0.55 persquar meter=#1600, for longs pan, call for the prices
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 2:12pm On Oct 15, 2018
hollywater:
Oh I didn't see the location before. Is located in Delta State.
k
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Teezzbond: 3:34pm On Oct 15, 2018
chekz169:

Urgent question !!!!

By what document did he inherit the property? Will? Letter of administration?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gretop(m): 4:18pm On Oct 15, 2018
I need a quote for window with specifications below; Tower Aluminium cascaded window, 16mm buglary, Net, 5mm Thick blue tinted windows. Project ready for execution asap.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 4:21pm On Oct 15, 2018
chekz169:

Urgent question !!!!
Witness attestation to his ownership maybe the only way out. Since there were no documentations as at the time he inherited the property. Get a few elderly notable persons living around the property to attest to this. If he is the rightful owner, those living around should know & say so in court, i believe from there your lawyer can now carryout documentations...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Iruosonobrugwhe: 4:32pm On Oct 15, 2018
Am i the only one who enjoyed the discourse on septic/sewage tank construction? my builder go hear am, he better be ready for questions and counter questions.

Thanks folks for the knowledge shared

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1048) (1049) (1050) (1051) (1052) (1053) (1054) ... (3662) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: OnMyHonor, KEVIND and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.