Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,283 members, 7,836,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1075) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4445107 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1072) (1073) (1074) (1075) (1076) (1077) (1078) ... (3679) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:22am On Nov 28, 2018
Teebawse:

How much is a fair price for subframe,am being quoted 8k each it includes installation,is this a fair price

7-7.5k is a fiar deal once he used hard wood
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 10:43am On Nov 28, 2018
rotecch77:

Its compulsory to do subframe,more so we are waiting for your call about the finishing suc as tiles,plumbing as we discussed last time

What about Polyurethane foam spray. Thats what we used to install architraves in one house at Abj.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 11:17am On Nov 28, 2018
House pls, l want us to debate on aluminum windows and roof, , somebody ask me recently about tower product, and tick , with ebm materials and nigalex, here on nairaland, can somebody give us his own experience before l will come in , pls the topics are different between each others, thanks am listening
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Juell(m): 11:53am On Nov 28, 2018
adanny01:

What about Polyurethane foam spray. Thats what we used to install architraves in one house at Abj.
Those frames are designed with architraves so that's why the foam works with them. For the ones they're talking about the frames are hardwood/metal frames. The architraves here are just for aesthetic only, but the ones u install the architraves are part of the door frames.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Juell(m): 11:58am On Nov 28, 2018
Adedward:
yes sir,
I asked cos I wanted to be sure, cos I knw it as architraves. Having architraves is not compulsory because it's function is just aesthetic, it's part of some door frames. But in this case the door frames can do without the architraves. What's best is to advise the owner of the aesthetic value of adding it to the door frames instead of making seem as if without it the door won't function properly. It's always good to be honest with clients.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Juell(m): 12:02pm On Nov 28, 2018
Teebawse:
Goodmorning everyone I have a very serious question,please does the door attached below need a subframe,because my site engineer says I need to instal subframe for it,although the door comes with frame... the first pic is the door itself and the second pic is the final look am aiming at achieving,advice would be needed please,picture credit goes to skimanski
Since the doors already come with frames, doing subframe is not compulsory. But adding the subframe will make the doors look more beautiful.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 12:12pm On Nov 28, 2018
adanny01:

The polyu..is just for the installation to hold the wood together and seal any hole or opeing space on the frame as you used it
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 12:40pm On Nov 28, 2018
Juell:

I asked cos I wanted to be sure, cos I knw it as architraves. Having architraves is not compulsory because it's function is just aesthetic, it's part of some door frames. But in this case the door frames can do without the architraves. What's best is to advise the owner of the aesthetic value of adding it to the door frames instead of making seem as if without it the door won't function properly. It's always good to be honest with clients.
OK o
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 1:24pm On Nov 28, 2018
Juell:

I was going to refer you to the fact that Teebawse said he wants this same type of door which includes the frames and architrave. Looking at the his 2nd pic. I can see a PU aerosol can and the architraves on the wall. A subframe is not required in this installation.

However, the installation of this door can be pricey ranging from 3-6k per door depending on site conditons and negotiations.

In the project i did, the client rejected the finished quality of the china doors he bought and condemned them. He later got a company in Abj who fabricated new doors with MFC. These new doors were quite heavy that the double door hinges on two of them failed before the installation was over. Both installs were done with PU.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Juell(m): 1:53pm On Nov 28, 2018
adanny01:

I was going to refer you to the fact that Teebawse said he wants this same type of door which includes the frames and architrave. Looking at the his 2nd pic. I can see a PU aerosol can and the architraves on the wall. A subframe is not required in this installation.

However, the installation of this door can be pricey ranging from 3-6k per door depending on site conditons and negotiations.

In the project i did, the client rejected the finished quality of the china doors he bought and condemned them. He later got a company in Abj who fabricated new doors with MFC. These new doors were quite heavy that the double door hinges on two of them failed before the installation was over. Both installs were done with PU.
U're right, I just noticed. His engineer shld have advised him to get such frame, instead of getting frame then constructing subframe again
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 28, 2018
Juell:

U're right, I just noticed. His engineer shld have advised him to get such frame, instead of getting frame then constructing subframe again
Apparently the subframe helps hold the frame hence making it stronger and well fitted,so despite the frame the subframe is also needed in this case.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by pascalbenz: 3:30pm On Nov 28, 2018
pascalbenz:
Hello House... Am Looking For A Welder That Specialized On Roofing, Canopy Over Head / Under Ground Tanks Constructions To Advance My Experince , Where I Am Curently Its Just Door And Gate Works They Do Specialized On ..... RSVP
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 3:36pm On Nov 28, 2018
[quote author=pascalbenz post=73381461][/quote]l tink some have answer to ur question since,u posted this,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by pascalbenz: 4:10pm On Nov 28, 2018
Adedward:
l tink some have answer to ur question since,u posted this,
Dd Nt Get Any Mention Tho Let Me Scroll Bck
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 4:14pm On Nov 28, 2018
Teebawse:
Goodmorning everyone I have a very serious question,please does the door attached below need a subframe,because my site engineer says I need to instal subframe for it,although the door comes with frame... the first pic is the door itself and the second pic is the final look am aiming at achieving,advice would be needed please,picture credit goes to skimanski

Yes, you need subframes. Frames did not come with your doors, just thin plywood covers for the door frames and as architraves .
Look pictures of the ones I installed sometimes in 2017. The subframes holds the door.
And Yes, the 8k quoted is a fair price, mine was around that.
Hope the pics posted below helped.

1. Subframes made
2. Subframes installed
3. Bricklayer dressed the subframes (no need for foam spray)
4. Doors installed, with the subframes covers.

Note: Sorry for the large pictures... no time to reduce them in my Photoshop.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:40pm On Nov 28, 2018
mufutau55:

Yes, you need subframes. Frames did not come with your doors, just thin plywood covers for the door frames and as architraves .
Look pictures of the ones I installed sometimes in 2017. The subframes holds the door.
And Yes, the 8k quoted is a fair price, mine was around that.
Hope the pics posted below helped.

1. Subframes made
2. Subframes installed
3. Bricklayer dressed the subframes (no need for foam spray)
4. Doors installed, with the subframes covers.

Note: Sorry for the large pictures... no time to reduce them in my Photoshop.

Hajji M.

Thanks hajj this is exactly what am aiming at getting at the end of the day,I got a bargain for 7k plus installation for each, how much did you buy the installed door for plus the frame and architrave cos I intend buying exactly yours too but a different color

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 4:40pm On Nov 28, 2018
pascalbenz:
Dd Nt Get Any Mention Tho Let Me Scroll Bck
if u don't mind. I will recommend someone for u
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by pascalbenz: 5:30pm On Nov 28, 2018
Adedward:
if u don't mind. I will recommend someone for u
Owkay Na ....
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 5:47pm On Nov 28, 2018
Teebawse:

Thanks hajj this is exactly what am aiming at getting at the end of the day,I got a bargain for 7k plus installation for each, how much did you buy the installed door for plus the frame and architrave cos I intend buying exactly yours too but a different color

Bargain of 7k is really good. Make sure they get good wood.
I think I paid around 35k for each door then (2017).... I bought two variations/designs. (see below)

Hajji M.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:39pm On Nov 28, 2018
mufutau55:

I think I paid around 35k for each door then (2017).... I bought two variations/designs. (see below)

Hajji M.

These are very nice,are they china or American doors or flush doors? Sorry for the many questions
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 6:56pm On Nov 28, 2018
Teebawse:

These are very nice,are they china or American doors or flush doors? Sorry for the many questions

They are China doors.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:15pm On Nov 28, 2018
mufutau55:

They are China doors.

Hajji M.

Alright thanks a lot will consider them
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 11:22pm On Nov 28, 2018
pascalbenz:
Owkay Na ....
08134822368, call him, he is a master of all the stuff,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 11:23pm On Nov 28, 2018
pascalbenz:
Owkay Na ....
08134822368, call him,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 12:07am On Nov 29, 2018
TOLUTOT:
Dear All,

Avoid business dealings with this company and image of its representative below.

They offer landed properties, collect money from people and stop picking calls afterwards.

https://www.facebook.com/360vas/

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?so theyid=100008376279536
so they don't have office, where is land located, give me details, pls , let us make them as example for those people,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by pascalbenz: 6:55am On Nov 29, 2018
Adedward:
08134822368, call him,
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ceelog(m): 10:34am On Nov 29, 2018
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

Good looking doors.

I once visited a house where HDF (or MDF) was used for internal doors.
What interested me most was (I think...) that the door was made with one sheet of HDF (facing the sitting room) and the other side of the door was only padded with cut sections along the door edges, possibly to increase the weight and strength and definitely to hold the hinges and handles

I would assume such a door could be made for less than 30k.

Very good hotels use HDF (2 sheets or so) or so for their doors. It should be worth trying really!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ceelog(m): 10:50am On Nov 29, 2018
Sample of the door

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 3:05pm On Nov 29, 2018
ceelog:
Sample of the door

Not bad. If it can be strong enough for hotel use, then it will be good in house for personal use. We just need to explore more.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chawmartltd: 3:35pm On Nov 29, 2018
LATEST BRIEF FROM CHAWMART LIMITED.

1. Newly-built room self con @Bariga 150k - 1 yr

2. Spacious newly-built room self con @Bariga 200k, 250k - 1½yrs

3. Very neat room self con @Obadiah str., Akoka 200k - 1 yr

4. Lovely room self con @Fola Agoro 250k - 1 yr

5. Spacious room self con @Abule Oja 300k, 320k - 1 yr

6. Newly-built self con @Zansi Estate 350k - 1 yr

7. Lovely self con (Double window) @Abule Oja 250k - 1½yrs

8. Extra large Mini flat (New house with car park) off Ilaje rd. 400k - 1 yr

9. Standard Mini flat @Abule Oja 400k, 420k - 1 yr

10. Very neat Mini flat @Fola Agoro 350k - 1 yr

11. Mini flat @Pedro rd 300k - 1 yr

12. Mini flat @Okesuna 300k - 1 yr

13. Newly-built 2-bedroom @Abule Ijesha 500k 1 - yr

14. Newly-built 2-bedroom with POP & car park @Abule Ijesha 650k - 1 yr

15. Spacious 2-bedroom @Onike 500k - 1yr

16. Newly-built 2-bedroom with POP @Shomolu 700k - 1 yr

17. Lovely 2-bedroom @Community rd, Akoka 650k - 1 yr

18. Spacious 2-bedroom duplex with POP & car park @Morocco 800k - 1 yr

Note: The price above is just for basic rent. Check out our account chawmartltd on Nairaland for pictures and more update.

Phone: 09038311985

Office: 1, Obadiah Str., Akoka
63, Community rd., Akoka

Pls share, u may be helping a friend
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ulu45: 7:00pm On Nov 29, 2018
Greetings to the bosses in the house. Pls I need some clarification.

My bricklayer just scattered the plumbing while plastering decking. So now I have to chisel the beam, cut the rod and fix the pipe inside the beam before plastering.

If not, the thickness of the plaster would be too much before it covers the pipe.
I just want to know if there would b any significant structural consequence for cutting the rod in that little opening.
picture attached below. Front and side view

(1) (2) (3) ... (1072) (1073) (1074) (1075) (1076) (1077) (1078) ... (3679) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Jalofun, omololu251(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.