Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1076) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4393081 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1073) (1074) (1075) (1076) (1077) (1078) (1079) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ulu45: 7:01pm On Nov 29, 2018
side view

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by akinolaolujide(m): 7:40pm On Nov 29, 2018
Ulu45:
side view
It's never advisable to cut rebars for structural beam this approach should have been the last resolve. With the position of the pip u could have neatly positioned a duct at the corner to take care of the plumbing failure.aesthetics an never take precedence of structural stability it's very dangerous. Please invite us structural engineer to site before proceeding with this.
Please let's do all necessary to avoid building collapse .

All the best chief.
NOTE never cut rebars on any structural member for any reason whatsoever.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:40pm On Nov 29, 2018
Anyone to give me quote on how much a tank stand or stanchion would cost to erect for a semi detached 3 bedroom duplex,location is in ajah,please I have no idea how many feet that ought to be erected hence me specifying the kind of build,would appreciate if anyone can,God bless

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 9:03pm On Nov 29, 2018
Teebawse:
Anyone to give me quote on how much a tank stand or stanchion would cost to erect for a semi detached 3 bedroom duplex,location is in ajah,please I have no idea how many feet that ought to be erected hence me specifying the kind of build,would appreciate if anyone can,God bless

We constructured same here after ajah area, but the capacity of the tank will determine the size of H beam and others material to be used.
But the height here is about 30ft

https://www.nairaland.com/3851900/general-finishings-5bdrs-luxury-duplex

The link to the tread

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:10pm On Nov 29, 2018
rotecch77:

We constructured same here after ajah area, but the capacity of the tank will determine the size of H beam and others material to be used.
But the height here is about 30ft

https://www.nairaland.com/3851900/general-finishings-5bdrs-luxury-duplex

The link to the tread

How much did this cost and wil it serve the kind of build I stated above,just confirmed from my site engineer now,it will be a 32 feet stanchion to carry 2 number of 2000 liters each of tank

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:06pm On Nov 29, 2018
Teebawse:

How much did this cost and wil it serve the kind of build I stated above,just confirmed from my site engineer now,it will be a 32 feet stanchion to carry 2 number of 2000 liters each of tank

I will check my record. More so the water tanks capacity here is 4500

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by pejuakinab: 12:51am On Nov 30, 2018
Please advice.
Is it wise to plaster the inner walls first before
putting asbestos ceiling in some rooms and POP in some parts?
Thank you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Babs612000(m): 2:13am On Nov 30, 2018
pejuakinab:
Please advice.
Thank you
You have said it already plaster then ceilling.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 7:39am On Nov 30, 2018
Teebawse:

Please note that 30ft is the recommended height minimum of water towers. This measurement is very popular amongst homeowners but in all practicality 30ft can easily go wrong. Because when you're quoted 30ft it is for the entire thing without allowance for the part that would be dug and buried below street level.

So depending on your soil condition or the implementation method of the installer, if for example 5ft (or even more) is buried beneath street level, that leaves you with about 25ft or less in practical actual height of your tower. This is about the height of the upper floor lintel level or maybe a bit more. With this scenario, you may suffer constant or occasional water pressure at home. You only have good pressure when your tank is full; half tank, no pressure. Your water tank should be 1 meter minimum above the lintel level for good water pressure.

So "close eye" and do 40ft tower and rest. 40ft is the best no maintenance water tower. With building always add 10% to any recommended minimum.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Babs612000(m): 7:45am On Nov 30, 2018
diordaves:

Please note that 30ft is the recommended height minimum of water towers. This measurement is very popular amongst homeowners but in all practicality 30ft can easily go wrong. Because when you're quoted 30ft it is for the entire thing without allowance for the part that would be dug and buried below street level.

So depending on your soil condition or the implementation method of the installer, if for example 5ft (or even more) is buried beneath street level, that leaves you with about 25ft or less in practical actual height of your tower. This is about the height of the upper floor lintel level or maybe a bit more. With this scenario, you may suffer constant or occasional water pressure at home. You only have good pressure when your tank is full; half tank, no pressure. Your water tank should be 1 meter minimum above the lintel level for good water pressure.

So "close eye" and do 40ft tower and rest. 40ft is the best no maintenance water tower. With building always add 10% to any recommended minimum.
What if the house is a bungalow must it be 30ft high.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ulu45: 12:18pm On Nov 30, 2018
akinolaolujide:

It's never advisable to cut rebars for structural beam this approach should have been the last resolve. With the position of the pip u could have neatly positioned a duct at the corner to take care of the plumbing failure.aesthetics an never take precedence of structural stability it's very dangerous. Please invite us structural engineer to site before proceeding with this.
Please let's do all necessary to avoid building collapse .

All the best chief.
NOTE never cut rebars on any structural member for any reason whatsoever.
Thank you Chief. Advise duely noted.
Structural integrity before aesthetics.
So whts d use of factor of safety incorporated @ d design stage for each structural member. Shouldn't it b able to cover for such, Giving that all members are systematically connected to each other from roof to foundation. [Would such cutting disintegrate the entire structural connection]
Besides that part is far away from the 'max stress point",
of the said beam which supposedly has been reinforced.

Pls enlighten me sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chawmartltd: 12:41pm On Nov 30, 2018
Massively Spacious Mini Flat around Yaba

Features include:

Newly built
running borehole water
secured environment
easily accessible
stable power supply
car park
Spacious rooms
Modern kitchen with cabinet
...and more

RENT is 400k annually

Call 09038311985, 08100868608 or 07080318032 to schedule inspection

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 1:09pm On Nov 30, 2018
Babs612000:

What if the house is a bungalow must it be 30ft high.

No but the water tank can be of the same level as the lintel. It doesn't need to be 1 meter above the lintel. You hardly get water pressure problem with bungalow.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mzora(f): 2:24pm On Nov 30, 2018
can anybody give the cost of a tank stand for a bungalow?carrying only one tank.location is Lagos new site mainland.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by akinolaolujide(m): 2:29pm On Nov 30, 2018
Ulu45:

Thank you Chief. Advise duely noted.
Structural integrity before aesthetics.
So whts d use of factor of safety incorporated @ d design stage for each structural member. Shouldn't it b able to cover for such, Giving that all members are systematically connected to each other from roof to foundation. [Would such cutting disintegrate the entire structural connection]
Besides that part is far away from the 'max stress point",
of the said beam which supposedly has been reinforced.

Pls enlighten me sir.
Factor of safety does not cover for u cutting rebars lets look at it this way.
Let's loom at it this way u can bend the rebar move the rebar but not cutting the rebar for any reason whatsoever if an structur guy advices you like that kindly reject it.
More so buildings age and u are creating stress points when u cut rebar.
Regards
NB am not trying to sound smart or something safety is key no matter how beautiful or well furnished a building is nobody will use it if it's not safe.
The PH building collapse was not due to bad materials or technical know how it was due to poor supervision as the building collapsed due to have too many load imposed on the building in form of machines materials and man power cause vibrations in the slab members.
So please lets be very careful.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ulu45: 9:02pm On Nov 30, 2018
akinolaolujide:

Factor of safety does not cover for u cutting rebars lets look at it this way.
Let's loom at it this way u can bend the rebar move the rebar but not cutting the rebar for any reason whatsoever if an structur guy advices you like that kindly reject it.
More so buildings age and u are creating stress points when u cut rebar.
Regards
NB am not trying to sound smart or something safety is key no matter how beautiful or well furnished a building is nobody will use it if it's not safe.
The PH building collapse was not due to bad materials or technical know how it was due to poor supervision as the building collapsed due to have too many load imposed on the building in form of machines materials and man power cause vibrations in the slab members.
So please lets be very careful.
Cheers
Thanks once again. I'd correct d plumbing connect some other way.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Takoro13(m): 9:42pm On Nov 30, 2018
pejuakinab:
Please advice.
Thank you
Is more reasonable to installed your asbestos ceiling before plaster.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dele2t(m): 9:02am On Dec 01, 2018
Sales! Sales!! Sales!!!
A property on full plot of land for sale at Agbado ijaye @9m negotiable, *Good for residential or *Commercial purpose *On popular street & Constant Power *Easy access link roads to Ogba/lkeja/Ojodu Berger *survey plan, indenture and receipt *kindly call 08095857658 thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 10:44am On Dec 01, 2018
Adedward:
08134822368, call him, he is a master of all the stuff,
sir, good morning have u call him, l Have told him, he is expecting ur call sir, thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by akinolaolujide(m): 12:26pm On Dec 01, 2018
Ulu45:

Thanks once again. I'd correct d plumbing connect some other way.
Cheers chief Happy New month
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 4:11pm On Dec 01, 2018
Hello wonderful people

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Arcfunmi(m): 4:43pm On Dec 01, 2018
Call your architect today.... Quick and fast design 08163555244 08114716713

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Alkanelly: 1:18am On Dec 02, 2018
Hello experts in the house, please help me scrutinize these 2 quotes I got from 2 plumbers to just start the ground floor plumbing work for 4 bathrooms 2 visitors toilet and 2 kitchens on the ground floor. I think the quantity of materials are way too many and workmanship is too much. Though an not an expert and don't know much, so I need your candid advise on this. Thanks in advance.

Guys help me please...experts in the house

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by elijah101(m): 3:12am On Dec 02, 2018
Hello house , I need to know the current price of gypsum ceilings , and also current price of POP cement ...

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 7:13am On Dec 02, 2018
Gud morning house, welcome to 2 of December 2018, God will bless us all,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kellyboo: 7:58pm On Dec 02, 2018
Nice one op

Place order for your INDIAN MADE SOLAR POWER SYSTEM

@ KSK SOLAR SYSTEMS we don't just sell solar power systems we sell DREAMS AND COMFORT

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lawofeso: 9:06pm On Dec 02, 2018
megacontrol:
Are you for real?

The landlord buy the first set of bulbs there after its the tenant responsibility
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by shelliz: 12:05am On Dec 03, 2018
Good evening house. Please i need your opinions. Is 150k too small to set about 2050 blocks for fencing (digging of the back side inclusive because the both sides have been dugged and fenced with few coaches of block already). The Land is a 100ftby100. Intially the builder agreed for 2000 block but refused when he learn't that the moulder molded 2050. The painful part is that, he was supposed to commence tomorrow morning but didn't give me his reply until this evening when i called him. Your opinions please.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by americanson: 1:50am On Dec 03, 2018
Please o, our American based brothers, I want to ask something.

I do see some American houses using wood for flooring and walling in some section of their house and I know these are durable woods...

My question is, do we have this kind of woods in Nigeria?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 2:28am On Dec 03, 2018
americanson:
Please o, our American based brothers, I want to ask something.

I do see some American houses using wood for flooring and walling in some section of their house and I know these are durable woods...

My question is, do we have this kind of woods in Nigeria?
No, they are process wood but we do not have equipment to do that in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1073) (1074) (1075) (1076) (1077) (1078) (1079) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: alphabbey1(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.