Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,568 members, 7,861,709 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:28 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1089) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4502575 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1086) (1087) (1088) (1089) (1090) (1091) (1092) ... (3694) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 6:29pm On Dec 30, 2018
tevanso:
its the clients that are always not willing to pay Engineers . i left a project at airport road last year because the client stopped paying for supervision. He later start begging after the bricklayers messed up the job for him. That serves them right.
Exactly!
You got this right.
Another thing is to divide the supervision and engineering fee into two or less.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 8:38pm On Dec 30, 2018
tevanso:
its the clients that are always not willing to pay Engineers . i left a project at airport road last year because the client stopped paying for supervision. He later start begging after the bricklayers messed up the job for him. That serves them right.
This client case is different, the client paid £8,000plus for foundation & £5,000 to lintel, bricklayer told me that is how they build here... i shout you are a murderer 6inches blocks & 12mm steel rod for a storey building.

i told him very soon i get you arrested.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 8:45pm On Dec 30, 2018
raymondFirstborn:

Sumuni
good evening i stay in odogunyan area of ikorodu.I can help you monitor and supervise your building project.
09056082348(call & whatsapp)
Raymondfubara@gmail.com
Who you be? Engineer or site supervisor?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by raymondFirstborn(m): 8:53pm On Dec 30, 2018
Chekitaut:
Who you be? Engineer or site supervisor?
oga mi, i am a builder.
A professional QS and builder by training.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 8:57pm On Dec 30, 2018
if you can pay omonile 100k, i wonder why you can not pay engineering bills. Build right consult engineers to your project.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 8:58pm On Dec 30, 2018
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 8:59pm On Dec 30, 2018
raymondFirstborn:

oga mi, i am a builder.
A professional QS and builder by training.
Pls do the job of a QS, let Civil engineers handle the rest.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by raymondFirstborn(m): 9:13pm On Dec 30, 2018
Chekitaut:
Pls do the job of a QS, let Civil engineers handle the rest.
oga mi you forget, that civil engineers are not the only ones with the right to build and knowledge of construction procedures.Building technologist(builders) also build, architects too build & some QS also handle building projects

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 10:15pm On Dec 30, 2018
Chekitaut:
This client case is different, the client paid £8,000plus for foundation & £5,000 to lintel, bricklayer told me that is how they build here... i shout you are a murderer 6inches & 12mm steel rod.

i told him very soon i get you arrested.

This is serious
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 11:01pm On Dec 30, 2018
Gud evening house its me ,adedward greet everyone in the house, happy new year in advance, its almost 25 hours to finished 2018, journey, thanks u GOD
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by miracle1997: 11:10pm On Dec 30, 2018
I will like to ask a question,is it advisable to use a 6inch block for foundation(dry land)... Like is it ok
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 11:15pm On Dec 30, 2018
miracle1997:
I will like to ask a question,is it advisable to use a 6inch block for foundation(dry land)... Like is it ok
is good , it depend ur money, and beside 6 inchs gives more space to the rooms, so therefore l prefer 6 inches
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Obafisenco(m): 11:56pm On Dec 30, 2018
Sumuni:
Hello everyone, please can someone help me with contact details of competent builders at Imota after Ikorodu that can help complete a building and monitor the quality of work done. Thank you all.
Hi good evening, I'm fisayo MD of unique builder's situated in ikorodu, I can help you in handling the job. And I assure you best job. Because your satisfaction is our pride
Contact me on 08186153576
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 1:03am On Dec 31, 2018
Adedward:
is good , it depend ur money, and beside 6 inchs gives more space to the rooms, so therefore l prefer 6 inches
This is misleading post, are you an engineer to explain load bearing? Oga consult for soil test & involve expert.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 1:09am On Dec 31, 2018
miracle1997:
To my understanding if you are building a bungalow 6inches ok. But pls consult expert.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 1:11am On Dec 31, 2018
Adedward:
I will like to feed u back, from our journey since almost 1 week here from naira lander project, best of the best aluminum materials in the town today, transoms, with the help of god we delivered it , yesterday, at ogbomosho , u c. Wattsap A and S aluminum ventures for more details on our product, 08135810794, or our company email, info@ariseandshinealinium.com, chech on our website, http/ariseandshinealuminium.com just send ur sites dimension to us,
Pls open a trend for you market.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by IamD18: 1:18am On Dec 31, 2018
raymondFirstborn:

oga mi you forget, that civil engineers are not the only ones with the right to build and knowledge of construction procedures.Building technologist(builders) also build, architects too build & some QS also handle building projects

This is the major reason why this country will just not move forward.

Out of greed, people finds it difficult to stick to the field they were trained to specialize in.

Too bad, I must say.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by IamD18: 1:21am On Dec 31, 2018
miracle1997:
Foundation of what kind of building?

About dry land, did you carry out a test on the soil to know the strength?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tevanso(m): 4:21am On Dec 31, 2018
miracle1997:
What I will tell u as a builder is, if u can afford to buy land and can still afford to build a house, what difference in price should stop you from going for 9inches for ur building foundation. Structurally 9inches blocks gives a stable Strength to withstand any load coming on it. What is worth doing is worth doing well. Any day any time, I won't advice anyone to use 6inches for foundation. Though it will carry the load now, but with time, it will start telling on it . Build right . Seek for professional advice.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 6:28am On Dec 31, 2018
I think someone asked this question recently but I've searched and can't find any reference. here you go...

what is the best way to abandon an old soak away?
just leave it, open up and fill up with rubbles or junks, any other best practice advised?

We plan to make a new style soak away system, the old one in the building will not be required anymore.

Thanks for your contributions.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SVPROJECT(m): 6:49am On Dec 31, 2018
Sumuni:
Hello everyone, please can someone help me with contact details of competent builders at Imota after Ikorodu that can help complete a building and monitor the quality of work done. Thank you all.
I’m familiar with Imota and Ikorodu in General, Call or WhatsApp 07031112625 then we take it up from there.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SVPROJECT(m): 6:50am On Dec 31, 2018
miracle1997:
It’s advisable you stick to 9inchs on your foundation to enable uniform structural stability. subsequent partition walls can be 6”.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by raymondFirstborn(m): 7:05am On Dec 31, 2018
IamD18:

This is the major reason why this country will just not move forward.

Out of greed, people finds it difficult to stick to the field they were trained to specialize in.

Too bad, I must say.

oga i wont term it as greed, i would say the construction industry locally is not regulated and lack of employment also has a role to play.I know lot of architects here on Nairaland who handle building projects and pose as builders.I also know civil engineers on this forum who handle architectural designs and also provide qs services.

But the truth is construction is teamwork and not a one man thing .For me i work with a team of building professionals of which my wife who happens to be an architect is a member of.I can proudly tell you that our head of quality assurance is a professor of building technology(builder JC anyaegbunam).I run a company not a one man business.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by miracle1997: 7:06am On Dec 31, 2018
IamD18:

Foundation of what kind of building?

About dry land, did you carry out a test on the soil to know the strength?

3 bedroom.bungalow sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by IamD18: 7:18am On Dec 31, 2018
miracle1997:

3 bedroom.bungalow sir

Run a test on the soil to know the strength. With that, you can tell.

But it's still not advisable to use 6inchs block for foundation regardless of the soil strength.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by IamD18: 7:20am On Dec 31, 2018
raymondFirstborn:

oga i wont term it as greed, i would say the construction industry locally is not regulated and lack of employment also has a role to play.I know lot of architects here on Nairaland who handle building projects and pose as builders.I also know civil engineers on this forum who handle architectural designs and also provide qs services.

But the truth is construction is teamwork and not a one man thing .For me i work with a team of building professionals of which my wife who happens to be an architect is a member of. I can proudly tell you that our head of quality assurance is a professor of building technology(builder JC anyaegbunam). I run a company not a one man business.

We are good.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 7:59am On Dec 31, 2018
I like this Chekitaut
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 8:00am On Dec 31, 2018
Just use 9 inches and give yourself peace of mind.
miracle1997:

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 8:15am On Dec 31, 2018
tevanso:
What I will tell u as a builder is, if u can afford to buy land and can still afford to build a house, what difference in price should stop you from going for 9inches for ur building foundation. Structurally 9inches blocks gives a stable Strength to withstand any load coming on it. What is worth doing is worth doing well. Any day any time, I won't advice anyone to use 6inches for foundation. Though it will carry the load now, but with time, it will start telling on it . Build right . Seek for professional advice.

Well said.
1. Soil test might be needed per the soil topography to know the soil bearing capacity before anything can be done and will be required at it best to get a good structural engineer.
2. The strength of blocks differs by sizes and production.
3. If you will be having a decking on the walls like the building a storey rise and you want 6inches by force, I will advice to use a good strong 9inches block for all exterior walls and all interior walls which BEAMS will pass through to the next column per each panel of the building.
6inches can be used where NO BEAM pass through either load bearing and non load bearing respectively.
4. Always try to do the needful, it might take time and cost alot but you won't regret it for once when it's well handled and done by a professional hand (Sound Architect/Structural engineer).

One of my clients once want us to reduce standard cos it's seem high for but we persist we can't bend the Unrivaled Quality, the client might choose to hold on then at worse term scenario.

It's a quack engineer or Architect that will tell u to use 12mm rods for storey rise.
Y16 might be recommended per what you wanna raise and Y20 are sometimes needed in beams per the design.

I can recommend Y12 rods for bungalow without Pent, if wealthy enough buy TMT and if you want less but good ones then go for the best local irons which I know to be LCI.

Good morning and Happy last Monday in year 2018.
Happy New year in advance

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 8:20am On Dec 31, 2018
gabbytabby:
Just use 9 inches and give yourself peace of mind.
Lol
I like this man.
Good!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 8:26am On Dec 31, 2018
Timtol:

Lol
I like this man.
Good!
Lol, she is a woman grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1086) (1087) (1088) (1089) (1090) (1091) (1092) ... (3694) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.