Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,397 members, 7,815,866 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1126) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4385641 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1123) (1124) (1125) (1126) (1127) (1128) (1129) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bumperKE: 1:23pm On Mar 08, 2019
hi
mufutau55:
Off-Topic Thread - To Discuss Anything and Everything that doesn't fit into an individual thread.
Let's discuss everything pertaining to Building Constructions, Real estate and some more.

Note: Please no products or services advertisements... there are plenty of other threads for that already. No buying and selling on this thread.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aventures(m): 2:27pm On Mar 08, 2019
Dominionng:

Running 2x2 woods on roof beam is the trend now by most carpenters. It might save you a token but it's not safe for POP works. Follow your POP man's advice. Do a proper noggin for your POP ceiling irrespective if you are using PRECAST or PLASTERBOARD. Safety before budget please.
Hello Bros, I just need an enlightenment on this. Do you 'gash' your POP precast board on the Noggin? Can the poor 2*2 wood that full our wood market used for 2*2 feet Noggin carry the weight of 5mm thick POP precast board? Do you need the Noggin for your POP level while hanging it? Why do most POP installers bye pass Noggin to 'gash' (hang) the board to tie beam? Thanks in anticipation

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 2:47pm On Mar 08, 2019
Royruky:
Good day experts in the house. I am interested in having a SHOWER CORNER in my children bathroom. Kindly advise with respect to the likely cost and suitability for children's bathroom.

Is it the job of the plumber or that of the tiler.

Thanks

4 diff people need to work there.

1 Brick layer,( to set up the block work)
2. Plumber( to arrange the piping system)
3.Aluminium fabricator (to design and install the cubicle) but if its already made type you don't need Alum... fabri.. plumber will do the installation.
4. Tiler ( he will handle the tiling aspect of the job.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by oalandAgents2: 2:51pm On Mar 08, 2019
smiley
mufutau55:
Off-Topic Thread - To Discuss Anything and Everything that doesn't fit into an individual thread.
Let's discuss everything pertaining to Building Constructions, Real estate and some more.

Note: Please no products or services advertisements... there are plenty of other threads for that already. No buying and selling on this thread.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Royruky(m): 4:26pm On Mar 08, 2019
rotecch77:

4 diff people need to work there.

1 Brick layer,( to set up the block work)
2. Plumber( to arrange the piping system)
3.Aluminium fabricator (to design and install the cubicle) but if its already made type you don't need Alum... fabri.. plumber will do the installation.
4. Tiler ( he will handle the tiling aspect of the job.

Thanks. What is the price range of the cubicle?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by happney65: 4:55pm On Mar 08, 2019
IFEBARBIE:

Please, help me scrutinize this quotation...

Think its Okay..I dont have my quotation here but can get it for you when I get home...Did mine for approximately 500 though excluding Bulgary too..

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by happney65: 4:56pm On Mar 08, 2019
Royruky:
Good day experts in the house. I am interested in having a SHOWER CORNER in my children bathroom. Kindly advise with respect to the likely cost and suitability for children's bathroom.

Thanks

Plumber
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Moso(m): 5:19pm On Mar 08, 2019
We buy scrapped copper, iron and aluminum materials, and scrapped diesel engine generators in large quantity all over the country.

In like manner, we buy any kind of electrical materials ranging from wires,cable, transformers and other telecommunications equipment.

Call 08078246010
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by IFEBARBIE: 5:28pm On Mar 08, 2019
happney65:

Think its Okay..I dont have my quotation here but cant get it for you when I get home...Did mine for approximately 500 though excluding Bulgary too..

Thanks, you're appreciated...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 5:52pm On Mar 08, 2019
Royruky:

Thanks. What is the price range of the cubicle?

If its fabricated type ( Nigeria made)
*Frame type is around 40-60k
*Frameless type something in region of 80-120k
All depends on the size of the bathroom.

Ready made imported corner cubicle 90x90 price range 50-60k ( this comes with shower base, but have it in mind that every 2-3yrs you will change it,... low quality) non on like before when average quality was in circulation

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Moso(m): 6:51pm On Mar 08, 2019
For your electrical Design with COREN seal call 08078246010. Our fees is affordable.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Larwin(m): 7:05pm On Mar 08, 2019
Evaowokotomo:
Thanks so much, we won't do it

It's a welcomed decision smiley
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dominionng(m): 7:21pm On Mar 08, 2019
bixton:

Good day
Can you actually explain how and what makes it not to be safe?
Can you explain the technique of running a POP on this new pattern as against running POP on the regular nogging pattern?
Thanks.

The main wood that carry the POP ceiling is the 2x2 woods, the tie beam is just there to support. One don't even need to gash on the tie beam if the 2x2 woods are good woods and are well done.
So, either standard 2x2 noggin below the tie beam, or 2x2 woods above the tie beam, you gash your mesh to the woods provided. So no separate technique.

Safety issues: The more you step on woods with POP gashè, the more you slacken the POP mesh, the more the mesh slackens, the weaker the ceiling becomes. This is avoidable when we have the 2x2 woods below the tie beam but unavoidable when it is above the tie beam.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 7:23pm On Mar 08, 2019
rotecch77:

Ready made imported corner cubicle 90x90 price range 50-60k ( this comes with shower base, but have it in mind that every 2-3yrs you will change it,... low quality) non on like before when average quality was in circulation

And what will make you change it every 2-3yrs
Like what will happen after 2-3yrs ?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dominionng(m): 8:00pm On Mar 08, 2019
Aventures:
Hello Bros, I just need an enlightenment on this. Do you 'gash' your POP precast board on the Noggin? Can the poor 2*2 wood that full our wood market used for 2*2 feet Noggin carry the weight of 5mm thick POP precast board? Do you need the Noggin for your POP level while hanging it? Why do most POP installers bye pass Noggin to 'gash' (hang) the board to tie beam? Thanks in anticipation

Hello sir,
Yes, I tie my POP mesh to the noggin(I insist on rebracing if the noggin is bad), but support with the tie beam if the the woods are bad.

There is a difference between a bad noggin and a bad wood. What I considered a bad noggin is when the woods are not well braced, while a bad wood should be totally avoided.

On the issue of poor 2x2 woods, I believe the fault lies with whoever is purchasing the woods. I believe the 'poor' here is based on the wood sizes, 1x1, or 1x2(some even brand this shortened woods 'solo') instead of the standard 2x2 woods, because a full 2x2 itara wood well braced to the tie beam can carry the weight of even a 15mm thick PRECAST board.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Royruky(m): 8:09pm On Mar 08, 2019
rotecch77:

Thanks. I will reach out to you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nokia46: 9:54pm On Mar 08, 2019
Good day house, pls which one come first between PVC ceiling installation or wall plastering?
my Carpenter advice that we should install ceiling before plaster, but i always seen people plaster b4 ceiling
cc: rotecch77
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dominionng(m): 10:00pm On Mar 08, 2019
nokia46:
Good day house, pls which one come first between PVC ceiling installation or wall plastering?
my Carpenter advice that we should install ceiling before plaster, but i always seen people plaster b4 ceiling

For PVC ceiling, wall plastering comes first.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 10:11pm On Mar 08, 2019
nokia46:
plastering

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:19pm On Mar 08, 2019
nokia46:

Do your plastring 1st.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 10:34pm On Mar 08, 2019
Dominionng:

For PVC ceiling, wall plastering comes first.
no Oga, always know that when u do ur p vc before plaster, it will gives u 100% strong than after, l have esperience a lot, when u do after plaster, there are some laps u will see in between wall and the clisp, which insect can penetrate from ceiling to inside room, and if u want to make the clips to closed to the wall den the clips will not straight , so there fore the best is to do it. before plaster,

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChiefSupplier55(m): 1:01am On Mar 09, 2019
Royruky:

Thanks

There are good cubicle in the market due just contact us

And for the fixing of it, it the job of the plumber
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 1:29am On Mar 09, 2019
Adedward:
no Oga, always know that when u do ur p vc before plaster, it will gives u 100% strong than after, l have esperience a lot, when u do after plaster, there are some laps u will see in between wall and the clisp, which insect can penetrate from ceiling to inside room, and if u want to make the clips to closed to the wall den the clips will not straight , so there fore the best is to do it. before plaster,

You get a point there, but when some building guru talk here you need to ponder with there reasoning.
When we are talking about building construction and maintenance handle by professionals such GAP you mention will not show.
1. They will maintain a straight wall from point A to B
. with this no gap will show.

2.They will think of the maintenance of such building.( because when you plaster part of the clips to the wall when time for maintenance comes up don't you think they chisel the plaster away before they can carry out good repair to the affected PVC CEILING.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 2:04am On Mar 09, 2019
ChiefSupplier55:

There are good cubicle in the market due just contact us
And for the fixing of it, it the job of the plumber

It will be good if you can post some pics of nice ones in your thread and give prices for them.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dominionng(m): 6:10am On Mar 09, 2019
Adedward:

Oga Rotecch77 has done justice to this. Even in cases of unlap strips, just apply silicon to the side gaps and roll. You shouldn't fix your PVC ceiling before plastering, the outcome won't look nice.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChiefSupplier55(m): 7:30am On Mar 09, 2019
mufutau55:

It will be good if you can post some pics of nice ones in your thread and give prices for them.

Hajji M.

Noted
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 6:06pm On Mar 09, 2019
rotecch77:

You get a point there, but when some building guru talk here you need to ponder with there reasoning.
When we are talking about building construction and maintenance handle by professionals such GAP you mention will not show.
1. They will maintain a straight wall from point A to B
. with this no gap will show.

2.They will think of the maintenance of such building.( because when you plaster part of the clips to the wall when time for maintenance comes up don't you think they chisel the plaster away before they can carry out good repair to the affected PVC CEILING.

S
OK o, when u are talking about apply silicon, yes correct sir, to the unlaps
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by akinolaolujide(m): 7:47pm On Mar 09, 2019
uyijiano4u:
what if it is a 5 unit self contain is pillars necessary
1 It depends on the design .
But in al good land area you dont for abungalow
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RealBadBoy: 8:36pm On Mar 09, 2019
To the engineers in this thread, do we make structural drawings for a bungalow?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 9:53pm On Mar 09, 2019
RealBadBoy:
To the engineers in this thread, do we make structural drawings for a bungalow?

I'm not an engineer but I will reply as the answer is easy: yes.

You need structural drawings for anything structural; gate o, water tower o, gateman house o, soakaway o, even fence kpakpa you need structural drawings.

If you build any structural entity without accompanying drawings, you are cutting corners. Not best practice.

You can't navigate the earth without coordinates or can you.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:06pm On Mar 09, 2019
Hi, what are the best practices for a water tank stand for a single story house? In terms of specification (height, material, price, etc). Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 11:42pm On Mar 09, 2019

(1) (2) (3) ... (1123) (1124) (1125) (1126) (1127) (1128) (1129) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Francis8999, gbadexy(m), jimzy4u(m), fabulous85, lorhema(f) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.