Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,334 members, 7,815,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1123) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4385097 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1120) (1121) (1122) (1123) (1124) (1125) (1126) ... (3666) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Royruky(m): 10:37am On Mar 01, 2019
gabbytabby:

When you are ready get 3 quotes and you will start to see who is who.

True talk. I got 4 quotes for my roofing recently. The quotations were different. I just had to settle for one of them.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 11:00am On Mar 01, 2019
Mubby4luv:
Is there any disadvantage or implications in using the standard size door for toilet instead of the normal toilet size door? Thank you

There is disadvantages btw the two.

*if you are using foreign pvc imported door for the toilet you cant get it in standard room door size, it's only available in 750mm.

*there is a little diff in price of locally made wooden doors too btw the two sizes.

*the size of your toilet is another thing to put into consideration.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Prodigalson(m): 12:32pm On Mar 01, 2019
If you will like to register your business name or a company or a church, mosque, foundation, initiatives, club, school.

Copyright, trademark, patent.

Click this link>>> https:///2VmBI4r
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by akinolaolujide(m): 5:51pm On Mar 01, 2019
Rubbiish:

Not necessary
But if it is a large one like a hospital or school with long span, there is need to include pillars
Whats is required are what we call expansion gaps not neccessarily pillars.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by akinolaolujide(m): 5:55pm On Mar 01, 2019
ak22:
@ oga at top is it necessary to put pillar to a bungalow building on a solid ground ?
This is dependedn upon your house design.
some design have free standing colomns here you have pillars.
other conditions are if you have Heavy elements at the top or in the roof of the building the its becomes neccessary. For instanve you have a water tank placed inside the roof or you are using Concrete fascis in some cased parapet walls.
Finally when you bungalow has large or span open spaces you neet to introduce colomns.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 6:53pm On Mar 01, 2019
akinolaolujide:

Whats is required are what we call expansion gaps not neccessarily pillars.
Ok sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hum2020: 9:10pm On Mar 01, 2019
Pls stop this nonsense ok this forum's is not. for pools ok
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dubemcapital1(m): 11:42pm On Mar 01, 2019
Rubbiish:

It is necessary but not a must?
Your statement is contradictory sir

I simply mean that, Columns are important in a bungalow construction if there are need for it. Eg :

1 parapet
2. Suspended slab
3. Stairs for sit out
4. Capacity of the building
5. Wet, swampy or water logged land
6. Building on stratum
7. Continuation of a long abandoned project.
8. Pent house
9. etc.
If not bungalow can be constructed without Columns. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 12:34am On Mar 02, 2019
Anyone know the prices of rod around Onitsha and Asaba?

16mm,
12mm,
10mm,
8mm.

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mubby4luv(m): 12:53am On Mar 02, 2019
rotecch77:

There is disadvantages btw the two.

*if you are using foreign pvc imported door for the toilet you cant get it in standard room door size, it's only available in 750mm.

*there is a little diff in price of locally made wooden doors too btw the two sizes.

*the size of your toilet is another thing to put into consideration.
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 3:17am On Mar 02, 2019
Gud morning house,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 9:55am On Mar 02, 2019
does anyone here know these products and what they are used for?

- armorkin 400 or 500
- armorsil
- hydroplast

thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by oalandAgents2: 1:35pm On Mar 02, 2019
happy weekend
mufutau55:
Off-Topic Thread - To Discuss Anything and Everything that doesn't fit into an individual thread.
Let's discuss everything pertaining to Building Constructions, Real estate and some more.

Note: Please no products or services advertisements... there are plenty of other threads for that already. No buying and selling on this thread.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by oalandAgents2: 1:35pm On Mar 02, 2019
smiley
Dieumerci:
Ok hajji.
It's going to be an interesting thread.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by oalandAgents2: 1:36pm On Mar 02, 2019
smiley smiley smiley
mufutau55:
Off-Topic Thread - To Discuss Anything and Everything that doesn't fit into an individual thread.
Let's discuss everything pertaining to Building Constructions, Real estate and some more.

Note: Please no products or services advertisements... there are plenty of other threads for that already. No buying and selling on this thread.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by oalandAgents2: 1:37pm On Mar 02, 2019
smiley smiley
mufutau55:

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 8:14pm On Mar 02, 2019
#TEAM Nairaland Project
everyone one nairaland is involved, a gr8 project.
https://www.nairaland.com/5056078/completion-16units-one-bedroom-tenement#76290762

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olusojisorunmu(m): 8:43pm On Mar 02, 2019
Chekitaut:
#TEAM Nairaland Project
everyone one nairaland is involved, a gr8 project.
https://www.nairaland.com/5056078/completion-16units-one-bedroom-tenement#76290762

It was awesome.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Royruky(m): 9:00pm On Mar 02, 2019
Good evening experts in the house. How does one calculate the number of tiles for a building?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mubby4luv(m): 10:15pm On Mar 02, 2019
Royruky:
Good evening experts in the house. How does one calculate the number of tiles for a building?
By getting the total number of squares per meter. I stand to be corrected
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 10:04am On Mar 03, 2019
Royruky:

Morning greetings people

You get the number of tiles you need for your building by measuring each space(rooms,sitting room,dining,)with tape and getting the sqm of all floor and wall of the spaces .

Measure the length and width of floor and height of kitchen and bathroom walls

I deal on tiles so chat me up on 08157000908 for more clarifications .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 10:56am On Mar 03, 2019
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Royruky(m): 1:23pm On Mar 03, 2019
ThatHistoryGuy:

Morning greetings people

You get the number of tiles you need for your building by measuring each space(rooms,sitting room,dining,)with tape and getting the sqm of all floor and wall of the spaces .

Measure the length and width of floor and height of kitchen and bathroom walls

I deal on tiles so chat me up on 08157000908 for more clarifications .

Thanks. I will chat you up
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by buran: 2:22pm On Mar 03, 2019
hi mufutau55, I'll like your advice on a few issues. I sent you a private message
thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ajast(m): 2:46pm On Mar 03, 2019
Enzio:
hey guys,

Pls. i need a complete break down on what i will cost to build a 5 bedroom bungalow in 1 complete plot of land in the eastern part of Nigeria.

Send the full drawings to wondercast96@gmail.com you will get full detailed costs.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ajast(m): 2:59pm On Mar 03, 2019
brainny74:
Please nairalanders I need an urgent help from you guys, I’m constructing a 5 bedroom flat all en-suite with an ante room and I am at the roofing stage but my problem is that my carpenter just told me that the roof area I’d 1108 square meters after I told him to measure it in preparation for roofing. I am not convinced because I have had the opportunity to look at other house here in nairaland are almost the size of mine yet they say their roof area is 400 and something square meters. Please how do I know the real measurement?

If the site is in Lagos, I will volunteer to help you do the measurement , thank you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 3:28pm On Mar 03, 2019
buran:
hi mufutau55, I'll like your advice on a few issues. I sent you a private message
thanks

The private message is not good on NL anymore.
May be you should post your questions here and others may also be able to help, unless it's very private. Thank you.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by joysy4791: 6:45pm On Mar 03, 2019
Hello House,
Please I am at a crossroad with respect to a decision on POP. The carpenter that roofed the building advised that 2*2 planks should be arranged on the roof beam and that was what we did. Now my POP man is saying that we should run jogging before we do the job. Is itcompulsory to run nogging before POP or which is better. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (1120) (1121) (1122) (1123) (1124) (1125) (1126) ... (3666) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: NL1960, joedguy and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.