Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,822 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1166) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4401252 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1163) (1164) (1165) (1166) (1167) (1168) (1169) ... (3669) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by zuraking(m): 7:15am On May 14, 2019
Enuoyan:
Please who can help me sell a plot of land in Agbara. I need the cash urgently
where in agbara?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ak22(m): 7:25am On May 14, 2019
segzy14:

I think you mean 4inches(100mm) not 4mm.
I will get back to you.

Yes sir, good morning
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by educhigo: 9:55am On May 14, 2019
my people please urgent advise needed,for those that know much about aluminium zinc metcoppn tiles black colour,some people says that black colour is not very good because little time the colour will fade and change other colours,actually i base in abroad so i dont know much about black colour of aluminum zinc in nigerian
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 10:14am On May 14, 2019
educhigo:
my people please urgent advise needed,for those that know much about aluminium zinc metcoppn tiles black colour,some people says that black colour is not very good because little time the colour will fade and change other colours,actually i base in abroad so i dont know much about black colour of aluminum zinc in nigerian
I need to clear you in some accept, ALU zinc is different from metcoppo aluminum, alu zinc aluminum is usually corrugated in form of long span and they are usually ready made corrugated from factory, while metcoppo is normally corrugated base on the cutting list provide at the factory after measuring the roofing carcass.

Back to the color if you buy your aluminum where they sell good quality oven baked you have 50 years warranty without the color fading, be it black, red, cream, wine, green e.t.c, it wont fade away.

For instant bozac aluminum is one of them their materials won't fade

Thanks @educhigo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by educhigo: 10:24am On May 14, 2019
thank you very much
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by blacksta(m): 10:35am On May 14, 2019
Olatunji67POP:
My name is Olatunji, a POP expert. I am into POP artworks and designs.

Please consult me for your POP artworks and designs and you will NEVER regret you did. For superb works and affordable fees, I am at your service sirs and ma'am
. phone number:07062567817

This Chap is not serious . .. we called him for work he kept posting us and never showed up

Ol boy fix up

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 11:15am On May 14, 2019
educhigo:
thank you very much
u are welcome sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uyijiano4u(m): 11:23am On May 14, 2019
HOW TO DETERMINE FILLING OF FOUNDATION QUOTATION.....EXPERT PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP ON THIS
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by keepingmum: 12:33pm On May 14, 2019
dear house, my project is at almost at the stage of ceiling - and i am VERY concerned to read few pages previously that ASBESTOS is still been used in construction, especially with the confirmed links to Lung cancer, in a country that has very poor and inadequate medical facilities.

The fact that there are people even justifying the use of it sends shivers down my spine.......anyway, please whats the name and the other names its called so that when/if my guys mentions something remotely similar i can start to shout and scream, please, help me with it
WHere is this asbestos, almost asbestos, mixture asbestos ingriedient, whatever asbestos family member needed cos i clearly need to on alert when we get to that phase

thank you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enuoyan: 1:28pm On May 14, 2019
zuraking:
where in agbara?

Silversands Estate, located in Alapoti town in Lusada- Agbara, it shares the same access road with Crawford University and it's just a 5 minutes drive from the the university itself
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by donbuchi1(m): 2:35pm On May 14, 2019
mountmoriah:

1x12x12@N1, 700 x 20pcs = N34, 000
3x4x12@N750 x 25pcs = N18, 750
2x6x12@N850 x 20pcs = N17, 000
2x4x12@N550 x 230pcs = N126, 500
2x3x12@N400 x 280pcs = N112, 000
2x2x12@N300 x 250pcs = N75, 000

Total cost of N383, 250

Accessories (Nails)
3inches nails N7, 000 x 2bags = N14, 000
4inches nails N7, 000 x 2bags = N14, 000
Total cost of Accessories = N28, 000

Carpentry Workmanship = N150, 000

Transportation plus loading and offloading; Depend on location but should not be more than N40, 000 within lagos for the numbers of woods coaches loading

Total = N561, 500 excluding the transport cost.

What`is the name of the wood?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 5:44pm On May 14, 2019
donbuchi1:

What`is the name of the wood?
you can choose from any of this woods.

Akun, Okilolo, Itara, Melina, Ogborugboru, Obi, Ayae.

They are all the same price.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:55pm On May 14, 2019
ak22:

Yes sir, good morning

Cement-167-188bags
Sand - 40tons
Granite- 60 tons

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:02pm On May 14, 2019
uyijiano4u:
HOW TO DETERMINE FILLING OF FOUNDATION QUOTATION.....EXPERT PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP ON THIS

1.Length x breadth x depth= X cubic meter

2.X cubic meter divided by the tipper size in cubic meter

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ak22(m): 7:50pm On May 14, 2019
segzy14:

Cement-167-188bags
Sand - 40tons
Granite- 60 tons

Thank you very much my own segzy14

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by goldcorn(f): 8:09pm On May 14, 2019
keepingmum:
dear house, my project is at almost at the stage of ceiling - and i am VERY concerned to read few pages previously that ASBESTOS is still been used in construction, especially with the confirmed links to Lung cancer, in a country that has very poor and inadequate medical facilities.

The fact that there are people even justifying the use of it sends shivers down my spine.......anyway, please whats the name and the other names its called so that when/if my guys mentions something remotely similar i can start to shout and scream, please, help me with it
WHere is this asbestos, almost asbestos, mixture asbestos ingriedient, whatever asbestos family member needed cos i clearly need to on alert when we get to that phase

thank you
Oga pls give me tiling work sir , my number is 09069193297
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Takoro13(m): 9:24pm On May 14, 2019
Takoro13:
Hello house, what is the estimate materials needed for oversite concrete of 40fts by 50fts house floor considering depth of 4".
The number of cement
The likely quantity of sand
Likely quantity of gravel/granite
Likely labour price

Thanks
No body saw this

@segzy14
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:19pm On May 14, 2019
Takoro13:

No body saw this

@segzy14

I will get back to you tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mubby4luv(m): 10:31pm On May 14, 2019
mountmoriah:
some of the most important item is the white cement, yawn and the mouder.
Thank you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 7:17am On May 15, 2019
question...is 4" the typical german floor slab thickness or it could vary by design?

thanks

segzy14:

I think you mean 4inches(100mm) not 4mm.
I will get back to you.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:32am On May 15, 2019
Please what is the appropriate water tank stand to use for a 2 pieces of 2,000 water storage, making 4,000 liters in total?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 10:30am On May 15, 2019
keepingmum:

thank you

You should make an effort to understand.

Asbestos products have been banned in Nigeria and most parts of the world. It means production of asbestos based products has seized long ago so whatever product that had asbestos as a constituent of the product has replaced the material with another suitable option.

In this case, asbestos ceiling and roofing sheets. Asbestos fibre in these sheets serve the purpose of reinforcement. The old asbestos sheets used to be majorly cement-asbestos fibre which is the binder-reinforcement bond. The new sheets has asbestos fibre replaced with cellulose fibre. The new sheets is now cement-cellulose fibre which is the same arrange as before, binder-reinforcement.

People still call it asbestos cos it still physically resembles the old asbestos which actually has the same major constituent, cement.

If i am to recommend to a client this ceiling or roofing sheet, if i say cellulose fibre, he will demand for explanation but if i say asbestos, he knows exactly what it is only that there is no more asbestos.

Its like calling all magerine blue band or all toothpaste maclean or all aerosol insecticide sheltox or all seasoning cubes maggi or all cotina shoes bata. Nigerians are fond of that. We have not stopped calling NEPA or PHCN even though they are both defunct. Just know at the back of you head that new asbestos ceiling has no asbestos in it.

The only asbestos you will find are the pre existing houses with asbestos ceiling or roofing. Inspite of their existence they are not dangerous to live in the house until saw or break it in a way such that the asbestos becomes like dust and you inhale the dust, thats where it is dangerous.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 1:27pm On May 15, 2019
megacontrol:
question...is 4" the typical german floor slab thickness or it could vary by design?

thanks

It all depends on the structure that will be placed on it.
The thickness differ, some are 4inches, 6inches, 8inches etc.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 5:41pm On May 15, 2019
boyestic:
Please what is the appropriate water tank stand to use for a 2 pieces of 2,000 water storage, making 4,000 liters in total?

If i may ask, what is the size of your building
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:38pm On May 15, 2019
topsy23:

If i may ask, what is the size of your building

2 units of 4 bedroom duplex
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 8:16pm On May 15, 2019
adanny01:

You should make an effort to understand.

Asbestos products have been banned in Nigeria and most parts of the world. It means production of asbestos based products has seized long ago so whatever product that had asbestos as a constituent of the product has replaced the material with another suitable option.

In this case, asbestos ceiling and roofing sheets. Asbestos fibre in these sheets serve the purpose of reinforcement. The old asbestos sheets used to be majorly cement-asbestos fibre which is the binder-reinforcement bond. The new sheets has asbestos fibre replaced with cellulose fibre. The new sheets is now cement-cellulose fibre which is the same arrange as before, binder-reinforcement.

People still call it asbestos cos it still physically resembles the old asbestos which actually has the same major constituent, cement.

If i am to recommend to a client this ceiling or roofing sheet, if i say cellulose fibre, he will demand for explanation but if i say asbestos, he knows exactly what it is only that there is no more asbestos.

Its like calling all magerine blue band or all toothpaste maclean or all aerosol insecticide sheltox or all seasoning cubes maggi or all cotina shoes bata. Nigerians are fond of that. We have not stopped calling NEPA or PHCN even though they are both defunct. Just know at the back of you head that new asbestos ceiling has no asbestos in it.

The only asbestos you will find are the pre existing houses with asbestos ceiling or roofing. Inspite of their existence they are not dangerous to live in the house until saw or break it in a way such that the asbestos becomes like dust and you inhale the dust, thats where it is dangerous.
If you are a teacher, you should be in grade 1000000000. You made the explanation so simple and sweet.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olatunji67POP(m): 8:29pm On May 15, 2019
My name is Olatunji, a POP expert. I am into POP artworks and designs

Please consult me for your POP artworks and designs and you will NEVER regret you did. For superb works and affordablefees, I am at your service sirs and ma'am. phone number:07062567817

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by elengine: 2:25am On May 16, 2019
Olatunji67POP:
My name is Olatunji, a POP expert. I am into POP artworks and designs

Please consult me for your POP artworks and designs and you will NEVER regret you did. For superb works and affordablefees, I am at your service sirs and ma'am. phone number:07062567817

How much is this your art work per window.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 8:53am On May 16, 2019
elengine:

How much is this your art work per window.
there are two ways to do these art works, and I will show you, but please, follow the details carefully, we have precast and direct designs.

Precast are design from the floor with moulder then hang to either the windows, parapet, wall belt, angle e.t.c, precast in the second picture, but in this Case, this for parapet, but the same way, the window hood, belt, and Angle, e.t.c will be done in precast.

Direct window hood in the first picture, picture don't lie, I believe you understand.

They are aesthetic beautification of the exterior or interior of house or building, with pure cement and little sands.

1. Window hood

2. Angle Designs

3. Wall belt

e.t.c

I do windows with materials 4x4 windows precast for N4, 500, without materials N3, 000 ( Lagos and Ogun)

Check my signature for further details.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:55am On May 16, 2019
Takoro13:

No body saw this

@segzy14

Cement-70-81 bags
Sand - 17tons
Granite- 29tons

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olatunji67POP(m): 11:29am On May 16, 2019
My name is Olatunji, a POP expert. I am into POP artworks and designs.

Please consult me for your POP artworks and designs and you will NEVER regret you did. For superb works and affordablefees, I am at your service sirs and ma'am.
phone number:07062567817

(1) (2) (3) ... (1163) (1164) (1165) (1166) (1167) (1168) (1169) ... (3669) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.