Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,434 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:33 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1163) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4368299 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1160) (1161) (1162) (1163) (1164) (1165) (1166) ... (3662) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 1:15pm On May 11, 2019
Adaowerri111:
How far can 2mill go after roofing a 4bedroom all ensuite bungalow?

Depending on your taste and off heart lump sum assumption

1. 400k for electrical piping/wiring
2. 150k plumbing
3. 400k Plaster
4. 700k POP or 500 POP/PVC
5. 600k windows
6. 220k security doors

Total 2.47m or 2.27m

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adaowerri111: 1:32pm On May 11, 2019
adanny01:

2. 150k plumbing
3. 400k Plaster
5. 600k windows
6. 220k security doors

Total 2.47m or 2.27m

Tiles no follow? Lol
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 2:51pm On May 11, 2019
Adaowerri111:

Tiles no follow? Lol

E no follow.

Wetin remain na interior doors, screed, tiles, elect fittings, plumbing fittings, paint and cabinetry.

If na to enter b the matter, free the pop for pvc, drop the wiring and security door standards.

Still dont think tiles will be completed.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Neweko: 3:48pm On May 11, 2019
Hi All,

How do you repair septic tank that is letting water in after construction? This was done in a water logged area.

Before it was covered it was dry and fine.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dfameguy: 4:48pm On May 11, 2019
Hello my people I hail oo ,

Yah my people if anyone is in need of quality tile ,doors ,Jacuzzi, granite, marble and sanitary ware I deal kindly rich me
Spanish tile
Italian tile
China. Tile
Nigeria tile

We design nd we sales all
For more information contact me this no 09057519068 ,09085212244,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by keepingmum: 6:04pm On May 11, 2019
Dfameguy:
Hello my people I hail oo ,

Yah my people if anyone is in need of quality tile ,doors ,Jacuzzi, granite, marble and sanitary ware I deal kindly rich me
Spanish tile
Italian tile
China. Tile
Nigeria tile

We design nd we sales all
For more information contact me this no 09057519068 ,09085212244,

wheres your location
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by confluence: 7:43pm On May 11, 2019
@Opes, I read somewhere on naira land where you said you culture azolla, please am interested, am at iseyin, please let me know how to contact you.
Thanks
opes:

i know the route, there is no express road there, just iseyin/saki road, after moniya around Alabata village. the railway line is at Ajibade oloshoko, not far from Kings college. i can help you with some pictures if i pass the route before monday. You can ask the estate agent how far is the land from ALABATA VILLAGE
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tempex88(m): 8:04pm On May 11, 2019
adanny01:

2. 150k plumbing
3. 400k Plaster
5. 600k windows
6. 220k security doors

Total 2.47m or 2.27m

U forgot sanitary fittings
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by blacksta(m): 8:36pm On May 11, 2019
Dear House

Any ideas for finishing types in regards to this external stairs

Dont want to use tiles ..because of safety issues ..any alternatives

Thanks

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:48pm On May 11, 2019
adanny01:

E no follow.

Wetin remain na interior doors, screed, tiles, elect fittings, plumbing fittings, paint and cabinetry.

If na to enter b the matter, free the pop for pvc, drop the wiring and security door standards.

Still dont think tiles will be completed.

The wiring and piping budget might not be enough
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gurunlocker: 8:50pm On May 11, 2019
Adaowerri111:
How far can 2mill go after roofing a 4bedroom all ensuite bungalow?

Can you give price idea of how much you spent on roofing? Both woodwork and the sheets!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Pius4me: 10:08pm On May 11, 2019
In some countries you will go to jail for trying to buy asbestos, but in Nigeria you are eyeing to buy asbestos to save cost. WOW. Using your money to buy illness for you and everyone around you. My brother better use Zinc To save cost and be alive oo
zuraking:
Good morning all, Pls I need your contributions.

Which is more durable between aluminum roofing and abestos?

I am planning to use the new design colored abestos they sell 1600# per 1.

I have a quotation of 800k for abestos including inside ceilings

I have a quotation of 1m50k for aluminum step tiles (without inside ceiling)

I have a quotation of 1m350 for stone coated roofing (without inside ceiling)

I am eyeing the abestos to save cost and use the remaining money for another thing.

I need your contributions pls cool
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 11:20pm On May 11, 2019
tempex88:

U forgot sanitary fittings

Didnt forget, the budget wont accommodate it. Sanitary fittings is one of the last things in building a house.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 11:25pm On May 11, 2019
Pius4me:
In some countries you will go to jail for trying to buy asbestos, but in Nigeria you are eyeing to buy asbestos to save cost. WOW. Using your money to buy illness for you and everyone around you. My brother better use Zinc To save cost and be alive oo

Bro cool down, they still call it asbestos but it is not asbestos.

Asbestos production has been banned in Nigeria long ago.

What he is talking about looks like asbestos but is not. No company produces asbestos in Nigeria FYi.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 11:30pm On May 11, 2019
twinskenny:

The wiring and piping budget might not be enough

The main thing is quality.

What i did was a mid range estimation below which personally, i wouldn't want for myself.

Wire and DB quality is the determinant for electrical costs.

I wouldn't expect him to insist on Nocaco/Kabelmetal or PPR pipes for plumbing with a 2m budget
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 1:37am On May 12, 2019
gurunlocker:

Can you give price idea of how much you spent on roofing? Both woodwork and the sheets!
depend on the type of roofing sheets, stone coated cost is different from metcoppo, stepped tiles different from long span in prices, so at the end it will after the cost of the roofing and the sheets
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SmartHomes(m): 3:28am On May 12, 2019
blacksta:
Dear House

Any ideas for finishing types in regards to this external stairs

Dont want to use tiles ..because of safety issues ..any alternatives

Thanks

Use rubber stair treads.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by zuraking(m): 5:00am On May 12, 2019
Pius4me:
it has been clarified that it's not "abestos" that causes cancer. The type I am talking now is been used in sites now.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adaowerri111: 6:55am On May 12, 2019
gurunlocker:

Wood cost 350k workmanship included and roofing(shingles, 18ft kingpost) cost 700k including labour, if you listen to most people on nairaland fear nor to let you build, their estimates are always very high.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bruno85: 7:10am On May 12, 2019
Adaowerri111:

Pls I will like to contact you. I have a project almost to roofing stage, will like to a discuss with you. I sent you a mail via nairaland. Pls contact me on tooblack85@gmail.com, or 002347031270931 WhatsApp. Thank you.

Wood cost 350k workmanship included and roofing(shingles, 18ft kingpost) cost 700k including labour, if you listen to most people on nairaland fear nor to let you build, their estimates are always very high.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adaowerri111: 7:27am On May 12, 2019
[quote author=Bruno85 post=78318051][/quote]

What's app 08089370905
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gurunlocker: 7:33am On May 12, 2019
mountmoriah:
depend on the type of roofing sheets, stone coated cost is different from metcoppo, stepped tiles different from long span in prices, so at the end it will after the cost of the roofing and the sheets

I plan using Stepped tiles..... The quote I got is scary!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gurunlocker: 7:36am On May 12, 2019
Adaowerri111:

OMG! Wonderful! The quote I got is X2 of the woodwork... Even though I plan using S.T, still the quote is still higher than this!

Is there a way you can share me the breakdown of the quotes?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adaowerri111: 8:26am On May 12, 2019
gurunlocker:

OMG! Wonderful! The quote I got is X2 of the woodwork... Even though I plan using S.T, still the quote is still higher than this!

Is there a way you can share me the breakdown of the quotes?

I don't have the quote for woodwork, the 2*4 was 200, 2*2 150, Im not too sure of the rest, the first carpenter gave twice as much as what I spent, get estimates from different roofer, loof for roofers around and tell them you already got an estimate but you will to for lesser one, quotation for the metrotiles

quotation of metro tiles,total meter of metro tiles 180 and each is #2800=504000, reage cap 35 pieces by 2 miter, each #1500=#52500,cilant two packet=#5000,nail three packets=#15000,transport=#8000,labour=60,000,total=#644500

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:37am On May 12, 2019
adanny01:

What i did was a mid range estimation below which personally, i wouldn't want for myself.

I wouldn't expect him to insist on Nocaco/Kabelmetal or PPR pipes for plumbing with a 2m budget

Right
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by zuraking(m): 9:20am On May 12, 2019
Adaowerri111:

I don't have the quote for woodwork, the 2*4 was 200, 2*2 150, Im not too sure of the rest, the first carpenter gave twice as much as what I spent, get estimates from different roofer, loof for roofers around and tell them you already got an estimate but you will to for lesser one, quotation for the metrotiles

quotation of metro tiles,total meter of metro tiles 180 and each is #2800=504000, reage cap 35 pieces by 2 miter, each #1500=#52500,cilant two packet=#5000,nail three packets=#15000,transport=#8000,labour=60,000,total=#644500
metro tiles is 2500/2550

Check the quotation I got for my 4 bedroom flat. Still chewing my teeth if I will go for the metro tiles or other alternatives

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by zuraking(m): 9:28am On May 12, 2019
This is another quotation I got for solo coloured slate including inside ceilings. angry

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by zuraking(m): 9:28am On May 12, 2019

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by elengine: 10:53am On May 12, 2019
My ogas here. Please what should come first between plastering and glass block. Your idea is appreciated. Cheers
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 11:27am On May 12, 2019
adanny01:

2. 150k plumbing
3. 400k Plaster
5. 600k windows
6. 220k security doors

Total 2.47m or 2.27m

The lump sum allowed doe the electrical can not do the conduit system of wiring, Cost of cables alone will take almost if not all the allowed.. Remember conduit pipes, distribution boards and also boxes is part of electrical installations

The plumbing aspect also.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 11:34am On May 12, 2019
adanny01:

Even with Coleman the rice is low so far he's using Nigeria cable

(1) (2) (3) ... (1160) (1161) (1162) (1163) (1164) (1165) (1166) ... (3662) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Godisgreatest1, abuiltech(m), mrphysics(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.