Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,540 members, 7,823,368 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1207) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4413744 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1204) (1205) (1206) (1207) (1208) (1209) (1210) ... (3671) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rotex111(m): 1:15pm On Aug 09, 2019
FOR SALE; uncompleted two bedroom flat (roofed) built on a plot of land at igoba first gate Akure. price; 1.8m, contact for details; 08067920313
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by westliverenterp: 3:33pm On Aug 09, 2019
jedisco:
Morning house.

I have a building I want to paint with satin paint but I'm holding back because of the cost. Someone is advising me as an alternative to use simple emulsion paint and apply PVA after it has dried to give it a shinny, waterproof finish.
Has anyone tried this or expernced the outcome?

What would you advise?

Instead of using Satin paints in all the building why don't you use satin paints on the sitting room and the surrounding of the house. While the fence and the bedrooms should be painted with high grade emulsion. For efficient painting and screeding services call or whatsapp me 07088547073, 07051934963.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 6:14pm On Aug 09, 2019
Umarzy:

Okay.. Can i know the requirements? The design is still in process

Kindly contact the architect designing for advice based on your location or proposed building location
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jedisco(m): 6:15pm On Aug 09, 2019
gbadexy:

Thank you very much sir.
@ jedisco, what you were told to do is apply a cheap/weak form of varnish on an emulsion but it's not worth it.
Firstly, the emulsion can't be as flat and smooth as satin or matte and it would be noticeable. The PVA would give it some sheen but it would be obvious it's just regular emulsion beneath it.
Secondly, you won't need to screed or prime if you just wanted to stick to emulsion, but add sheen to the emulsion and the contours the emulsion didn't reveal would be obvious due to reflection of light on the shining surface.
Lastly, PVA is not as water resistant as acrylic based varnish, so you may not be able to give the wall repeated cleaning.

Thanks. You gave a good overview of everything.
I was looking for an option between the two. Something with a better outlook than plain emulsion and not as expensive as satin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 6:54pm On Aug 09, 2019
jedisco:

Thanks. You gave a good overview of everything.
I was looking for an option between the two. Something with a better outlook than plain emulsion and not as expensive as satin
You may go with matte then. As pricing go, my matte is in the price range of emulsion grade of brands like eagle, president. I'm not even mentioning brands like berger and du lux.
matte is cleanable, flat and smooth on application even though the sheen and clean ability isn't as high as satin or silk but it still gives a classy finish.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olatunji67POP(m): 7:13pm On Aug 09, 2019
My name is Olatunji, a POP expert. I am into POP artworks and designs.
Please consult me for your POP artworks and designs and you will NEVER regret you did. For superb works and affordable fees, I am at your service sirs and ma'am. phone number:07062567817 or 08090945484

2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Umarzy(m): 11:29pm On Aug 09, 2019
Dennis3D:

Kindly contact the architect designing for advice based on your location or proposed building location

I'm an Architect as well. Thanks, i will contact the architect designing based on that Location
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 9:04am On Aug 10, 2019
Umarzy:

Okay.. Can i know the requirements? The design is still in process
You contact us for your Electrical and Mechanical Design and installation.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jedisco(m): 9:12am On Aug 10, 2019
gbadexy:

You may go with matte then. As pricing go, my matte is in the price range of emulsion grade of brands like eagle, president. I'm not even mentioning brands like berger and du lux.
matte is cleanable, flat and smooth on application even though the sheen and clean ability isn't as high as satin or silk but it still gives a classy finish.
Thanks. Project is in the north
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 9:28am On Aug 10, 2019
Hello all,

After using membrane (nylon) on the DPC to protect the foundation, is it still necessary to use membrane on the suspended slabs (decking)?

Is there any proven justification?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 9:34am On Aug 10, 2019
megacontrol:
Hello all,

After using membrane (nylon) on the DPC to protect the foundation, is it still necessary to use membrane on the suspended slabs (decking)?

Thanks
I can advertise you to use it if you don't see it as a waste of money, but the DPM will help you in a way that it will hold the water during casting and after casting.
It helps you to retain the water and through this solidifies not allowing the water to escape and you gonna have a smooth result after the DPM is been removed at a certain day after curing for 28days.
God's speed.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 10:11am On Aug 10, 2019
jedisco:

Thanks. Project is in the north
Ok sir. That shouldn't be a problem.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RedMapleConsult(m): 10:15am On Aug 10, 2019
megacontrol:
Hello all,

Thanks

But they are two different things. They don't have any relationship. The one on the DPC level is to prevent water capillarity so you don't have dampness coming into the house. And it remains there.

While the one on the suspended slab is basically to prevent excessive escape of water from the concrete thus help the concrete cure and as well ease the removal of the formwork.

Those are two different stages, levels and two different applications. So yes it is.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 10:36am On Aug 10, 2019
RedMapleConsult:

But they are two different things. They don't have any relationship. The one on the DPC level is to prevent water capillarity so you don't have dampness coming into the house. And it remains there.

While the one on the suspended slab is basically to prevent excessive escape of water from the concrete thus help the concrete cure and as well ease the removal of the formwork.

Those are two different stages, levels and two different applications. So yes it is.
I love your input.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by khaffi2(f): 1:23pm On Aug 10, 2019
Hello house. If you are in need of an experienced Welder/Fabricator who will work to your satisfaction. Please holla.

Our services include::
*Welding
*Fabrications
*Installation of canopies
*Maintenance and repairs of metal works.
*All lots more.....
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 4:37pm On Aug 10, 2019
megacontrol:
Hello all,

Thanks

It is necessary boss if you have the money do it once n for all... God will provide for u.

You can also contact us for your complete MEP design drawings and also the installations.

our contact still remain the same 08033653191. 08051750560
whatsapp number 08033643191

You can check our signature for more info
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 3:31pm On Aug 11, 2019
Barka de salah to all our Muslims brothers and sisters...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olusegzy01(m): 5:47pm On Aug 11, 2019
670m² Land for sale,
2mins drive from Ajah bustop/bridge, directly behind Total filling station on Ado road.
Asking price: 11M (Negotiatable)
Title documents: survey (free from govt acquisition) and Deed. Contact 07066352925
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jdesigns(m): 8:06pm On Aug 11, 2019
Greetings to all our muslim brothers and sisters

Also, like how much would digging of foundation cost around Ikorodu axis

Thanks in advance

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by westliverenterp: 8:13pm On Aug 11, 2019
will 5 million be enough to build 2 units of two bedroom flats in Edo State..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Umarzy(m): 9:48pm On Aug 11, 2019
westliverenterp:

It should be okay...But the design will be simple and not luxury inclined. Simple as it is.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ak22(m): 9:50pm On Aug 11, 2019
Rotex111:
FOR SALE; uncompleted two bedroom flat (roofed) built on a plot of land at igoba first gate Akure. price; 1.8m, contact for details; 08067920313
are you on WhatsApp?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tevanso(m): 10:41pm On Aug 11, 2019
Umarzy:

It should be okay...But the design will be simple and not luxury inclined. Simple as it is.
it wont be enough. Dont deceive him

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by durojim007: 11:28pm On Aug 11, 2019
Hello House,

What are the differences between Chinese tiles, Spanish tiles and Nigerian tiles. Thanks in advance for your reply
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AbbeyLinkoln92(m): 12:26am On Aug 12, 2019
westliverenterp:

It may be able to finish it, depending on your taste

Should incase my service is needed. You can contact me.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 12:35am On Aug 12, 2019
durojim007:
Hello House,

What are the differences between China tiles, Spanish tiles and Nigerian tiles. Thanks in advance for your reply
the difference between them all is durability, Spanish see's to be the highest quality and Italian before mention all any others makes when comes to tile , not that china , and nigeria tile not good no they all good . but for information concerns tile, to know their prices https:///2347087953771?text=Hi
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Babs612000(m): 3:48am On Aug 12, 2019
AbbeyLinkoln92:

It may be able to finish it, depending on your taste

Should incase my service is needed. You can contact me.
How can N5m finished two units of two bedroom flat.
You just use the opportunity to advertise your job.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Umarzy(m): 6:30am On Aug 12, 2019
tevanso:
it wont be enough. Dont deceive him

It should be. I'm an Architect and the design we do determines the cost. If he can monitor the procurement of materials and payment to labourers, then i don't see why N5m should not be enough. And when I said the design should be simple, i mean the rooms will not be luxury inclined. No differential fenestration on the buildings, use of flat roof/low-pitched roof, nothing like concrete fascia or parapet walls, elimination of all elements of architectural brutalism. I didn't add external works. All i said here is from foundation to finishing of the structure.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 7:02am On Aug 12, 2019
Babs612000:
How can N5m finished two units of two bedroom flat.
You just use the opportunity to advertise your job.
grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AbbeyLinkoln92(m): 7:32am On Aug 12, 2019
If land is already obtained, 5m will finish the twin 2 bedroom flats. It only depends on the taste of the builder.

Meanwhile i advertise my business when i comment,
Don't get it twisted.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChiefSupplier55(m): 7:38am On Aug 12, 2019
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 7:39am On Aug 12, 2019
westliverenterp:
yes, sure (for simple design, )

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1204) (1205) (1206) (1207) (1208) (1209) (1210) ... (3671) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: michlins(m), joetoocute, B3sty(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.