Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,580 members, 7,816,429 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1212) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4387603 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1209) (1210) (1211) (1212) (1213) (1214) (1215) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mank1234(m): 6:58pm On Aug 18, 2019
rotecch77:
Good day All
It’s a pity that this section of Nairaland (property section) is not as its before why?
We are missing some guru here range from
Architects
Builders
Engr’s
QSs
Clients
Suppliers
Etc
Which there wealth of experience in build industry make this section one of the best on Nairaland

Actually I know what make some of them keep quiet this day is just because some are label names which is not that so aspected by them and many more like that.

What we do we see this days mostly is non professional advise which in turn do give some home base bad names bcs for example some who has not visited site ones in his life or know anything about building will be give building quote to non home base person and later a professional give advise or quote the next thing we will see is that the quote is TOO HIGH,
so many thing like that pls is too annoying why because some of you guru has ran away from here.

If all ran away who will make the this section great again pls that is why I will mention some names here to pls come back again and let’s rebuild this Nairaland as a whole

Pls I will like you people to ponder deeply and come back here and make this section great again
In the likes of

Hajji mufutau
Segcy Moore
A venture
Rubbish
Dennis 3D
Egin
Abdulwastech
Kenny
Topsy
Spider
Rotech77
Floflo
Egunmogaji ( tuale o)
Kingsodigital (not the actual user name)
Dubem capital
Dabomb
Ericko
fastshiping
Brabus
Olumide for Christ
angelicbeing ( Oyinbo po ju )
Sweet home seller guy ( not the real user name)
Abuzaid.
Gbadex paint
Client ( Bikonu , ejoo yankuri)

Modified*name continue

Adanny
Skimaski
Timtol.
Allcopatec

And many more guru which I forget there-names now.
Pls I urge you people to come back again to make this section great again.

If your name is not mentioned don’t think you are left outside this issue, you cant hide I will surely dig you out and include your name later

It's skimanski I miss the most. I love his work; it's pure class. I love your finish too. Please don't stop posting too.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chukwuka12: 6:59pm On Aug 18, 2019
rotecch77:

As I said it’s not compulsory to screed the pop, but to give good smother look, ask your pop man or painter to screed and sand paper it.

To your neighbor that paint directly without screed didn’t commit any crime for doing so

But agree with me that we have good , better, and best in everything this also applicable to finishing.

Thanks alot
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 7:18pm On Aug 18, 2019
mank1234:

It's skimanski I miss the most. I love his work; it's pure class. I love yours finish too. Please don't stop posting too.
Clients' financial capacity too matters smiley
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:45pm On Aug 18, 2019
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by HENDRICK123: 10:48pm On Aug 18, 2019
Phewww, started from page 800-1212, it's been educative all the way, very insightful
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ak22(m): 11:53pm On Aug 18, 2019
Adedward:
its on high price,o all design is the same, prices, but for any design am doing it, #800, if its many will we removed small for u,

Where is your location?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RedMapleConsult(m): 1:01am On Aug 19, 2019
chukwuka12:
Good morning house... Pls some clarification pls.

1. Tiling and screeding which comes first.
2. Is it compulsory to screed pop, some say it can be painted, am surprised to hear that.

Pls advise

My Brother I will advise u tile first before screeding, it's only if you are willing to touch up the screeding again after tiling because the tilers will mess up the bottom part of the screeded wall with their bed and raw cement water, the tiles and tools scratching the walls and as well with their hands on the wall.

But if you tile first, while screeding they just have to carefully clean up the tiles immediately after screeding, screeding is fast and swift and more like "pre-painting".

As for screeding of POP, I think it's advisable to do it together. while hanging the individual POP cast boards, they use screed to join it, I normally tell them to screed the entire POP and not just the joint. It's just to buy few buckets of emulsion for them. A bucket should do 3 Rooms or more.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RedMapleConsult(m): 1:11am On Aug 19, 2019
keepingmum:
Can i please have a vague cost price p sq m of floor tiles

Whats the general going rate for polished and unpolished

The price differs by
sizes 30*30, 40*40, 30*60, 60*60 etc
Product, China, italy, Nigeria etc
Market availability, and type... If vitrified, ceramic, porcelain Et Al

But all ranges from 1,100 per SQM to 3,600 for moderate of all sizes and product
Then there are ones of 5k persqm and above.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 1:20am On Aug 19, 2019
RedMapleConsult:

The price differs by
sizes 30*30, 40*40, 30*60, 60*60 etc
Product, China, italy, Nigeria etc
Market availability, and type... If vitrified, ceramic, porcelain Et Al

But all ranges from 1,100 per SQM to 3,600 for moderate of all sizes and product
Then there are ones of 5k persqm and above.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 1:31am On Aug 19, 2019
Get the price of all you have mentioned with pictures https:///2347087953771?text=Hi
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by JWTheocracy1: 8:23am On Aug 19, 2019
Good morning all.... I have an important question. Can 13.million naira build a portable 5bedroom duplex from scratch to finish? If yes, I will like to see a building sample of that value .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by zuraking(m): 11:16am On Aug 19, 2019
JWTheocracy1:
Good morning all.... I have an important question. Can 13.million naira build a portable 5bedroom duplex from scratch to finish? If yes, I will like to see a building sample of that value .
yes, on dry land. Start it!!!!!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BLACKPANTHER111: 11:27am On Aug 19, 2019
Umarzy:

No problem. You are welcome

Good morning Chief.I hope your day is already turning out to be a great one.
Please I have come back to consult you. smiley Abeg can you help me point out places of correction on the second plan as adviced yesterday.
Pls your expert help and advice is needed and I will appreciate it chief

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by babasewen(m): 12:06pm On Aug 19, 2019
Umarzy:

Architectural design varies depending on the Firm and also the location... What's the size of the plot.. 50 X 100ft or 60 X 120ft ...Do you mean 10 units of 1 room self-contain and 10 units of 1 room and parlour self contain?
Either ways,.. Orientation matters.. Check my signature.
60 x 120ft, 10 units of 1 room self contain and 1 unit of 1 room and parlour self contain at the back in form of BQ
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by JWTheocracy1: 12:07pm On Aug 19, 2019
zuraking:

Would it be enough? Do you have a sample picture of what a 13million duplex look like.?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Umarzy(m): 12:20pm On Aug 19, 2019
babasewen:

60 x 120ft, 10 units of 1 room self contain and 1 unit of 1 room and parlour self contain at the back in form of BQ

It will fit. check my signature
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 12:28pm On Aug 19, 2019
zuraking:

The OP is talking about 5BEDROOMS DUPLEX from scratch to finishing stage.

@ OP ..Based on experience don’t start what you can’t finish.
13million can’t give you such building.
Listen to professionals advise and get full details of the work before you start so that you will know what you are working towards.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by HENDRICK123: 1:22pm On Aug 19, 2019
Good day gurus in the house, please is this an advisable concept, the land is 45-45ft and the land is a dry type, it's meant to be a residential project
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by beamNIGERIA: 1:37pm On Aug 19, 2019
HENDRICK123:
Good day gurus in the house, please is this an advisable concept, the land is 45-45ft and the land is a dry type, it's meant to be a residential project

To start with, I advise you engage a professional and relate your concept with him
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 2:03pm On Aug 19, 2019
JWTheocracy1:

What do you mean by from scratch to finish.............
1)Are you referring to the carcass(foundation to roof installation)?
2) Are you referring to carcass(foundation to roof installation) + wiring+plastering/rendering+screeding?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 3:28pm On Aug 19, 2019
babasewen:

Are you building just ground floor structure or single storey for this 10 units?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by babasewen(m): 3:39pm On Aug 19, 2019
bixton:

Are you building just ground floor structure or single storey for this 10 units?

Yes. Only ground floor
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 3:51pm On Aug 19, 2019
babasewen:

Yes. Only ground floor

Your location matters and abiding by building regulations for setbacks.
Minimum setbacks at the sides should give you about 7-8.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by goldcorn(f): 5:30pm On Aug 19, 2019
JWTheocracy1:
Yes, depending on your location, you u can WhatsApp me on 09069193297 for a sample
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Umarzy(m): 5:42pm On Aug 19, 2019
BLACKPANTHER111:

Good morning Chief.I hope your day is already turning out to be a great one.
Please I have come back to consult you. smiley Abeg can you help me point out places of correction on the second plan as adviced yesterday.
Pls your expert help and advice is needed and I will appreciate it chief

The guest toilet window is not looking good in the position it was placed. The Architect should make the window to face sideway. A little protrusion of the toilet wall will take care of that.

Regarding the long hallway. The Architect should find a way to reduce that. The position of the laundry is not okay. Laundry is usually positioned after the Kitchen. It 's usually adjacent to the kitchen varandah/sit-out.

The bedroom after the guest room can be switched for the kitchen. With that, the lobby space reduces i.e. There'll be no wall (that will create a demarcation) between the kitchen and dining.... There will still be space to get through to the lobby, just that the space will be opened and it will allow for more light into that space.

Then the other bedrooms will be repositioned back. That laundry can serve as the walk-in closet.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by LewinskyMon: 5:43pm On Aug 19, 2019
cool
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by earthrealm(m): 8:12pm On Aug 19, 2019
BLACKPANTHER111:
Please I am currently on a tough path. I need help from you guys.the first pic of a house and it’s plan and the 2nd and 3rd pic of a house and plan, which is better.

I actually like the d Outside of the second building and my dad thinks the first is the ok one.Please brothers which is preferable.I need really honest answers and the position of the bedrooms especially in the masters bedroom in the second plan,is it ok in that position please?

house dey like woman/music, different tastes, i like the first picture, the 2nd pic is local/common grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 8:14pm On Aug 19, 2019
goldcorn:

Yes, depending on your location, you u can WhatsApp me on 09069193297 for a sample

JWTheocracy1

Good morning all.... I have an important question. Can 13.million naira build a portable 5bedroom duplex from scratch to finish? If yes, I will like to see a building sample of that value (.from the OP)

Can you upload the pics of the Said building so that others can learn how such amount (13m) can finished 5bedroom duplex from scratch to finish , .... foundation -carcass - wiring-plumbing-tiling- burglar bars- windows/ doors bore hole etc

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by raymondFirstborn(m): 8:57pm On Aug 19, 2019
goldcorn:

i dont know how you intend to do it, N13m can never finish a 5bedroom duplex.
if N10 - N13m is what the carcass of a lowcost 5bedroom duplex should cost.Then how do you intend to finish your duplex.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by JWTheocracy1: 10:17pm On Aug 19, 2019
bixton:

What do you mean by from scratch to finish.............
1)Are you referring to the carcass(foundation to roof installation)?
2) Are you referring to carcass(foundation to roof installation) + wiring+plastering/rendering+screeding?

Yes to the latter question.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by HENDRICK123: 10:34pm On Aug 19, 2019
beamNIGERIA:

To start with, I advise you engage a professional and relate your concept with him

Yes boss, can I get you own view judging from the sketch I uploaded.

Thanks in anticipation
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 10:46pm On Aug 19, 2019
JWTheocracy1:

Yes to the latter question.

Your site location matters alot if that is possible.
A simple design and finishing with a void lounge............
To play safe stay on with 15M on a dry land.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1209) (1210) (1211) (1212) (1213) (1214) (1215) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: sodiq961(m), Olusojisorunmu(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.