Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,544 members, 7,823,385 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1220) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4413782 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1217) (1218) (1219) (1220) (1221) (1222) (1223) ... (3671) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Successbay: 2:10pm On Aug 29, 2019
Good afternoon professionals in the house. Please I need information on where I can get high quality Turkish doors within Lagos, most preferably Oshodi-Sango axis.
Please treat as urgent, thank you sirs.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Takoro13(m): 2:17pm On Aug 29, 2019
rotecch77:

Wow that is fantastic, so plastering of both in and out of the 3bedrooms flats with windows dressing and burglary installation less than 50k.
Kudos

But if I may ask how much do you people pay per day for labour and bricklayer in your area plus how many numbers of bricklayer and labour finish the job in how many days

The issue here the secret of your money management. At the end of my post I said some of things are not allow to be said here. And I will totally agree with anybody claim in money spent. When I tell my story is never must you belief me just learn from it maybe it may help you.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Takoro13(m): 2:21pm On Aug 29, 2019
mank1234:

It's cheaper in my village. In fact, if you belong to a union, other members can join hands and do it FOC.

I'm talking of mud house
Part of conditions that wouldn't make you argue any body's claim
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 2:33pm On Aug 29, 2019
Successbay:
Good afternoon professionals in the house. Please I need information on where I can get high quality Turkish doors within Lagos, most preferably Oshodi-Sango axis.

Have you tried Odunade/STI/Eleganza ?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 2:33pm On Aug 29, 2019
Takoro13:

Part of conditions that wouldn't make you argue any body's claim

If that is the case, we can’t use that to set up standards cost of a building, the help you get today can never be same tomorrow or same in another region.
Here we are talking about professional and standard charges of all workers /cost of materials which you can use almost everywhere to determine cost of a building

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Takoro13(m): 2:55pm On Aug 29, 2019
timesup234:
There bedroom is around 80k to plaster. 50k wont do it. A two flat of three bedroom will cost you 180k for labor
See another unnecessary argument. The work is already done. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 3:07pm On Aug 29, 2019
Destiny27:

Thanks. It looks very nice.

Seems better in terms of cost when you compare it to screeding + painting vs just the marble effect (i assume there is no initial painting before the marble effect)
No initial painting is needed.
These are more samples on the pillar.
Modified:
The surface is first screeded or given a first coat of the marble effect paint for better appearance before giving the final multi colored coat.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twoMcfemad: 3:16pm On Aug 29, 2019
For my kobo Kobo 3 bedroom standard flat project as Hajj M would say, I have spent 3.48million Naira and this covers

Carcass
Roofing with Ceiling( Nigerite ceilings)
Casement windows
Burglaries and doors
Plastering inside
WC and other toilet accessories
Tiling (floor tiling and wall tiling of bath and kitchen)
Septic tank and soak away.
and others except wiring, fencing borehole and outside plastering.

I do not pay for any professional charges other than the usual artisans work. After all, it's a small boy project

I hope this will help in the current cost argument. Thanks.

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twoMcfemad: 3:18pm On Aug 29, 2019
gbadexy:
No initial painting is needed. These are more samples on the pillar.
My OGA, what's the cost like compared to painting sir? Inside sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 4:41pm On Aug 29, 2019
rotecch77:

If that is the case, we can’t use that to set up standards cost of a building, the help you get today can never be same tomorrow or same in another region.
Here we are talking about professional and standard charges of all workers /cost of materials which you can use almost everywhere to determine cost of a building

Nice one.
But I'll say the only standard thing will be that of "cost of materials" which is known by all and same irrespective of location. The difference is some what very negligible.

As to the cost for professional charges for all cadres of workers, I think the right word to use should be " what is obtainable" within an environment.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rotex111(m): 5:26pm On Aug 29, 2019
[quote author=JosephMay post=81724882]GOODNEWS FOR ASTUTE AND SMART ENTREPRENEURS
Do you know that Oba-Osupa Road ( formerly Hospital Road) is now open for highly Competitive, Business and Commercial activities? courtesy of the Ondo State Government who have embarked on dualisation of the Road from Oba- Adesida Road (Police "A" Division Junction) traversing High Court , Nepa Area , down to Oshinle Roundabout , through Ijoka and end in Idanre Town.
Why can't YOU seize the OPPORTUNITY of an AVAILABLE Premises UP FOR SALE. Which is suitable for Banking Services, Shopping Malls, Rendezvous, Private Motor Garage etc?
All relevant documents are available UPON request.
SERIOUS AND INTRESTED BUYER should contact the Agent on 08035371585,08088444840, 09054968951. Mail at josephmay2015@gmail.com. like our Facebook page. Facebook/Joseph May & Co.

An uncompleted two bedroom flat built on a plot of land in igoba first gate Akure. All necessary documents available. price; 1.8M, contact for details; 08067920313

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 7:18pm On Aug 29, 2019
Destiny27:

Thanks. It looks very nice.

Seems better in terms of cost when you compare it to screeding + painting vs just the marble effect (i assume there is no initial painting before the marble effect)
The paint is given a white background and the color effect is applied on it after drying then it's sand papered and varnished.
The paint itself is nothing more than a colored basecoat putty.
The painter I asked for the rate of application said he thought it was marble trowel I asked and not marble effect. The former is made of different colored stones/sand.
The application of the marble effect also known as magic paint is based on negotiation of the whole area.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 7:22pm On Aug 29, 2019
bixton:

Nice one.
But I'll say the only standard thing will be that of "cost of materials" which is known by all and same irrespective of location. The difference is some what very negligible.

As to the cost for professional charges for all cadres of workers, I think the right word to use should be " what is obtainable" within an environment.

Thanks my brother, if you look at it cost of materials cover about 60-70 pec of construction cost, whiles labour and professional charges take the rest 30- 40 pec.

And if you look at it vividly and based on experience you will see that cost of labour are almost the same everywhere now
Labour charge btw 1500-2000.
Bricklayer 2500-3500
Tiler 300-500
Etc
You will agree with me that most homeowners that build good standard houses in villages or remote area now do import there workers from town or city because of there level of workmanship

More so, almost all materials for construction now do comes from city, to the village.

So I don’t see BIG Diff like 60-40 building in village and city aside from cost of land.

So I don’t know how some pep will now think that if you build with let’s say 25m in city.
And have believed that same structure will cost you far lesser than that in villlage like 13m both aside from land

NO PROFESSIONAL will Have that thought, unless what happened in 1877 will repeat itself.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Samaras: 8:10pm On Aug 29, 2019
Good evening professionals in the house. I need an overhead tank for a duplex in Lagos done as soon as possible. Who has information as to cost estimates and/or professionals who are available to do such?
I am expecting something like done on this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/4967576/making-overhead-tank-stand-back-filled
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Successbay: 8:20pm On Aug 29, 2019
Thank you @ThatHistoryGuy, I appreciate. Please can you help me with the address to Odunade/STI/Eleganza??

Thank you.

ThatHistoryGuy:

Have you tried Odunade/STI/Eleganza ?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Takoro13(m): 9:23pm On Aug 29, 2019
rotecch77:

Thanks my brother, if you look at it cost of materials cover about 60-70 pec of construction cost, whiles labour and professional charges take the rest 30- 40 pec.

And if you look at it vividly and based on experience you will see that cost of labour are almost the same everywhere now
Bricklayer 2500-3500
Tiler 300-500
Etc
You will agree with me that most homeowners that build good standard houses in villages or remote area now do import there workers from town or city because of there level of workmanship

More so, almost all materials for construction now do comes from city, to the village.

So I don’t see BIG Diff like 60-40 building in village and city aside from cost of land.

So I don’t know how some pep will now think that if you build with let’s say 25m in city.
And have believed that same structure will cost you far lesser than that in villlage like 13m both aside from land

NO PROFESSIONAL will Have that thought, unless what happened in 1877 will repeat itself.
Uncle please stop that.friend You go for your choose and taste. Many factors contribute to cost we are talking about.

I expect Spyder008 to say something about it bcs I gave the experience of blocks from his works which has yielded like 52% less of the cost I could have spent on block only.

My point

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 9:36pm On Aug 29, 2019
Takoro13:

Uncle please stop that. Constructions are like women on the street. You go for your choose and taste. Many factors contribute to cost we are talking about.

I expect Spyder008 to say something about it bcs I gave the experience of blocks from his works which has yielded like 52% less of the cost I could have spent on block only.

My point

Hey, you don’t need to pass insult to me or to anybody before you make your point.
Pls be civic
Off I’m back out of the issue
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 9:59pm On Aug 29, 2019
rotecch77:

Bricklayer 2500-3500
Tiler 300-500
Etc

Sure Brotherly.
It's well with all professionals and home owners.
Let all encourage one another in any way possible in moving the ministry going.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 10:18pm On Aug 29, 2019
Takoro13:

Uncle please stop that. Constructions are like women on the street. You go for your choose and taste. Many factors contribute to cost we are talking about.

My point

I don't understand why you chose to use the bold in trying to put an explanation.

We disagree to agree in order to learn. In this field no two persons will build same be it professional or home owner. But what is important is for the professional/contractor build what will outlive the owner at the same time ensuring the home owner doesn't feel cheated.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Destiny27(m): 10:56pm On Aug 29, 2019
gbadexy:

The paint is given a white background and the color effect is applied on it after drying then it's sand papered and varnished.
The paint itself is nothing more than a colored basecoat putty.
The painter I asked for the rate of application said he thought it was marble trowel I asked and not marble effect. The former is made of different colored stones/sand.
The application of the marble effect also known as magic paint is based on negotiation of the whole.

Thanks bro. With the clarification gotten, is the cost of a drum of marble effect paint and its coverage in sqm same as you earlier mentioned, or is it for marble trowel?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 11:26pm On Aug 29, 2019
Destiny27:

Thanks bro. With the clarification gotten, is the cost of a drum of marble effect paint and its coverage in sqm same as you earlier mentioned, or is it for marble trowel?
The price I gave earlier is the price I supply my brand of flexcoat plaster used for marble trowel/magic paint application.
The application rate charged by painters is what is different.
Since it's like application of basecoat, the charge would be the same per sqm for basecoat application. Between N250-350 per sqm.
That's average of around N750 per sqm.
For the varnish and application, per sqm would be N400 at the rate of N15000 per drum for varnish and N3000 per 25 sqm room.
The labor cost is estimated and subject to negotiation with the painter.
When they notice that the client is ready, they come down with their charge.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Destiny27(m): 12:41am On Aug 30, 2019
gbadexy:

The price I gave earlier is the price I supply my brand of flexcoat plaster used for marble trowel/magic paint application.
The application rate charged by painters is what is different.
Since it's like application of basecoat, the charge would be the same per sqm for basecoat application. Between N250-350 per sqm.
That's average of around N750 per sqm.
For the varnish and application, per sqm would be N400 at the rate of N15000 per drum for varnish and N3000 per 25 sqm room.
The labor cost is estimated and subject to negotiation with the painter.
When they notice that the client is ready, they come down with their charge.

Thanks for the nice attempt at clarification but sincerely it got me more confused. I really want to do this hence my curiosity.

Please, is it possible for you to state it cleary:

What are the materials needed for the marble effect?

For each material, what is the avearge cost and coverage in terms of sqm?

What is the range of cost of labour?

Pls dont be offended
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 12:48am On Aug 30, 2019
Successbay:
Thank you @ThatHistoryGuy, I appreciate. Please can you help me with the address to Odunade/STI/Eleganza??

Thank you.

Hi sir
Coming from oshodi drive or take a ride to mile2 or 2nd rainbow . From mile2 drive or take a bike to odunade b/stp.

I deal on tiles,WC and sanitary wares so if any of them just let me knw.

And if you need more clarification on the address let me knw .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by whesus(m): 1:05am On Aug 30, 2019
Nice view, the problem with we Nigerians is we fear to experiment these views. Look at the developed worlds , they build buildings that wow people especially the immigrants.
Here in Nigeria , we haven't explore heights of buildings as our engineers are scared of collapse structures when an ordinary bungalow building is deforming and 2 floor storeys collapses.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mackengift: 1:13am On Aug 30, 2019
1. Type: Tanker vessel
Price (lease): disclose on discussion
Tonnage: 20, 000 tonnage
Note: Q88 available for interested serious buyers only

2. A 1000tons Tanker Vessel Scrap Available For Sale. Location: Bayelsa. Price: 30m net.
No buyer no inspection.
Buyer and Seller pays 5% each, making 10%.

Note: documents will be only show to interested serious buyers.

For inspection and serious enquiries,contact via call or Whatsapp:
081704963871. Type: Tanker vessel
Price (lease): disclose on discussion
Tonnage: 20, 000 tonnage
Note: Q88 available for interested serious buyers only

2. A 1000tons Tanker Vessel Scrap Available For Sale. Location: Bayelsa. Price: 30m net.
No buyer no inspection.
Buyer and Seller pays 5% each, making 10%.

Note: documents will be only show to interested serious buyers.

For inspection and serious enquiries,contact via call or Whatsapp:
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Takoro13(m): 6:14am On Aug 30, 2019
rotecch77:

Hey, you don’t need to pass insult to me or to anybody before you make your point.
Pls be civic
Off I’m back out of the issue
Oga, please is never in my system to insult anyone nor you. I didn't insult you sr. I am only a contributor. If you can show me where or how I insulted you I will delete it but before then please don't take my word as an insult is just a friendship statement. Am sorry if any

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Takoro13(m): 6:17am On Aug 30, 2019
bixton:

I don't understand why you chose to use the bold in trying to put an explanation.

We disagree to agree in order to learn. In this field no two persons will build same be it professional or home owner. But what is important is for the professional/contractor build what will outlive the owner at the same time ensuring the home owner doesn't feel cheated.
Lol! Is just a self created provab. I think you can understand now. And this is also an insult. Forgive me. Let me delete it.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 7:05am On Aug 30, 2019
Samaras:
Good evening professionals in the house. I need an overhead tank for a duplex in Lagos done as soon as possible. Who has information as to cost estimates and/or professionals who are available to do such?
I am expecting something like done on this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/4967576/making-overhead-tank-stand-back-filled

Based on request here (bcs this section is not for advert) we can do such for you check my signature for contact and for further discussion.
We did this for a nairaland member at Lekki ajah area.

https://www.nairaland.com/3851900/general-finishings-5bdrs-luxury-duplex

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 7:24am On Aug 30, 2019
Successbay:

Based on your location request,go to mushin/Amu mkt or if you are coming from oshodi before you get to dopemu under bridge very close to a sawmail by your right, there you will find plumbing/building materials mkt
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rotex111(m): 7:42am On Aug 30, 2019
An uncompleted two bedroom flat built on a plot of land in igoba first gate Akure. All necessary documents available. price; 1.8M, contact for details; 08067920313
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 7:58am On Aug 30, 2019
Destiny27:

Thanks for the nice attempt at clarification but sincerely it got me more confused. I really want to do this hence my curiosity.

Please, is it possible for you to state it cleary:

What are the materials needed for the marble effect?

For each material, what is the avearge cost and coverage in terms of sqm?

What is the range of cost of labour?

Pls dont be offended
It's no problem at all sir, that's the purpose of this thread.
The wall may not be screeded if the plaster is smooth but for the best effect, it's best to screed it because the varnish has high sheen and would reflect contours.
Stage 1: screed with base coat. cost estimate per sqm is N640 (at N7000 per drum and N250 per sqm for application).
Stage 2: apply first coat of white marble effect paint as background and apply the chosen colors as the second coat to give the effect. cost estimate per sqm is N700 ( at N7500 per drum and N270 per sqm application)
Stage 3: apply varnish. cost estimate per sqm is N400. (a drum is N15000 and would cover 60 yo 75 sqm for full coat and application may be negotiated with the painter for the rate of normal painter or even lesser).
The multi colored last layer could even be applied like a stucco design by the applier by placing different colors to overlap in wet from on the white background and leveling everything with a trowel. The application is similar to stucco hence the name marble effect but it seems painters refer to it as magic paint.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1217) (1218) (1219) (1220) (1221) (1222) (1223) ... (3671) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: KIDfurniture(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.