Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,091 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1287) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4386854 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1284) (1285) (1286) (1287) (1288) (1289) (1290) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 7:12am On Jan 01, 2020
mufutau55:
Happy New Year 2020 to all my people here.
God bless us all.

Hajji M.
Ameen sir.
Happy new year to us all.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 8:19am On Jan 01, 2020
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL
2020 will be a favourable year for us all in Jesus name, every of your heart desire will be granted in this new year in Jesus name

Don't forget us in your project for this year God will complete and perfect it in Jesus name {Amen}.
Thanks to you all
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:00am On Jan 01, 2020
happy new year everyone.. have a good one
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 9:05am On Jan 01, 2020
twinskenny:

Happy new year boss.. It will be a great year for us
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Perfecttouchade: 9:33am On Jan 01, 2020
twinskenny:
Happy New year Mr Kenny.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ak22(m): 10:12am On Jan 01, 2020
topsy23:

For a standard 3bedroom flat below is the quantity of cables needed

1.5mm for lighting including external wall light and rooms to be 2-way switch
Red 4
Black 3

2.5mm for socket
Red 2
Black 2
1.5mm green 2

4mm for AC water heater and cooker
I. e AC 5nos (3rooms, sitting room and dining)
water heaters 4nos(3toilets and kitchen)
cooler unit 1no

Red 3
black 3
2.5mm green 3

Thanks a lot. This is the plan

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 10:14am On Jan 01, 2020
Let's Do More this year together

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:48am On Jan 01, 2020
mufutau55:
God bless us all.

Hajji M.

Happy new year sir.
I wish everyone good things in double in this new year 2020

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 11:02am On Jan 01, 2020
ak22:

Thanks a lot. This is the plan

1.5mm for lighting including external wall light

Red 6

Black 5

Green 1

2.5mm for socket

Red 3

Black 3

1.5mm green 3

2.5mm for water heater

water heaters 7nos

Red 2

black 2

1.5mm green 2

4mm for AC and cooker

I. e AC 8nos

cooker unit 2nos

Red 3

black 3

2.5mm green 3

for the two apartment

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 11:17am On Jan 01, 2020
As we begin another journey of 2020 today, TOPSELG ENGINEERING wishes you, your family and your business empire a purposeful and rewarding year. We hope to have a robust relationship and growth together. Happy New year.

Thank you all for your support and patronage in year 2019, We promise to serve you better in 2020.

Thank you all and God bless you

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by taskcompleteng: 12:33pm On Jan 01, 2020
5 Bedroom Uncompleted building in a mini Estate @ the back of Shoprite monastery road opposite tinubu Estate Royal Garden For sale

the Building Comprises of
5bedroom
Space for Swimming Pool @the back

Title C of O

Asking 35m

Call

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adewaleID: 12:54pm On Jan 01, 2020
Happy new year to everyone.

Wishing you good health, happiness and a lovely 2020

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Biztech05(m): 1:50pm On Jan 01, 2020
Happy New year to all in the house!

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jan 01, 2020
How much on an average will it cost to build something like this in Ibadan

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 2:56pm On Jan 01, 2020
Hi good people,
Please I want to know a rough estimated bags of cements that will do the flooring at 2 inches of this building. It has been raised to 3 blocks after Lintel. I want to do the rooms flooring. See attached.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 4:09pm On Jan 01, 2020
Greenarrow01:

Egbon, pls I will like to ask if you know the cost associated with an event center.. Cost of construction.
I am looking at the canopy type.. To house atleast 1000 guest.
What shoukd be the total cost.. Thanks

Sorry Sir, I have no information on this.
But I have seen some advertisement here on Nairaland for same, although I could not remember the thread.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by raymondFirstborn(m): 4:12pm On Jan 01, 2020
Nigsrdumb:
How much on an average will it cost to build something like this in Ibadan

looks like either 8units of 2bedroom flat or 8units of 1bedroom flat.
For 2bedroom apartments budget N30m - 40m
for the 1bedroom apartment budget N24 - 30m

for cost breakdown contact me on.
09056082348(call & whatsapp
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 01, 2020
Greenarrow01:

Egbon, pls I will like to ask if you know the cost associated with an event center.. Cost of construction.
I am looking at the canopy type.. To house atleast 1000 guest.
What shoukd be the total cost.. Thanks

Where will it be located?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Greenarrow01(m): 5:07pm On Jan 01, 2020
mufutau55:

Sorry Sir, I have no information on this.
But I have seen some advertisement here on Nairaland for same, although I could not remember the thread.

Hajji M.

I have check and check google.. I am yet to see any thread on it.
I searched google.. Using nairaland as preferred site.
Thanks anyway
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Greenarrow01(m): 5:08pm On Jan 01, 2020
segzy14:

Where will it be located?

I just want to have first hand information on cost of canopy which I think is the most essential. Then I will consider if its a worthy venture or not.
Pls help me with rough estimate... Pls
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 5:22pm On Jan 01, 2020
Greenarrow01:

I have check and check google.. I am yet to see any thread on it.
I searched google.. Using nairaland as preferred site.
Thanks anyway

I know I have seen it sometimes here. I will let you know when I find it.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Greenarrow01(m): 5:51pm On Jan 01, 2020
mufutau55:

I know I have seen it sometimes here. I will let you know when I find it.

Hajji M.

God bless you sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 6:21pm On Jan 01, 2020
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2020 TO EVERYONE HERE.

THIS YEAR WOULD BE GREATER THAN THE PREVIOUS.

AMEN...... #GRATEFUL
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ak22(m): 7:49pm On Jan 01, 2020
topsy23:

1.5mm for lighting including external wall light

Red 6

Black 5

Green 1

2.5mm for socket

Red 3

Black 3

1.5mm green 3

2.5mm for water heater

water heaters 7nos

Red 2

black 2

1.5mm green 2

4mm for AC and cooker

I. e AC 8nos

cooker unit 2nos

Red 3

black 3

2.5mm green 3

for the two apartment

Thank you very much. You shall prosper this year

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 7:52pm On Jan 01, 2020
you can get across to us on +234-7057553168 slankonsassociates@yahoo.com.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 9:33pm On Jan 01, 2020
Hello all,

Which brand and/or type of cement is recommended for block making/moulding?

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mystical888: 11:15pm On Jan 01, 2020
Hello House,

Please who can assist with critisizing the drawing and design of a three or four bedroom bungalow design that is exactly 11,500mm by 10,400mm to fit into the remaining space on my plot of land.
Expected Features include:-
- Lounge
- Kitchen
- Dinning
- Store
- Master bedroom
- Rooms with common bathroom
- Visitors toilet etc.

See below sample floor plan of former proposed building with same dimensions.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olazzeedris(m): 12:33am On Jan 02, 2020
mufutau55:
God bless us all.

Hajji M.

Amin sir
Happy new year
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Vission2020: 7:36am On Jan 02, 2020
Hello Guys, Good Morning and Happy new year..
Please am new in here and I need some tips and advice on what to do..

I purchased a plot of land last year measured 100ft by 100ft.. I did all settlement and started putting in trips of Sand upto 10times . ( the normal trailer size called double/two in one tipper)..

The plan was to build a 4 Bedroom Bungalow with sitting room dinnerroom and all..
But when I started molding the blocks there the person who was watching over it convinced me that 5inchs solid kind of blocks is okay to raise such a building because I wasn’t at the country.. but now from the videos and pictures I see everywhere, it seems like what engineers actually use for such building is a 9inch Hollow blocks..

So I got to talk to an engineer yesterday night on the phone and he told me that we could start molding 6inch solid and use it for the surrounding walls then use the previous 5inch for the inner demarcation walls..
Please guys with experience, what’s your take on this??

Secondly is 6inch solid a good substitute for 9inch hollow blocks??
P.S I intend to do a Parapet on it and won’t the weight be too much??

And do anyone has a good modern 4bedroom bungalow plan , can you please notify me ??

Thanks guys for taking out time to read through,, I will be looking forward to your responses ����,

Happy New Year �
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 8:07am On Jan 02, 2020
Vission2020:

I purchased a plot of land last year measured 100ft by 100ft.. I did all settlement and started putting in trips of Sand upto 10times . ( the normal trailer size called double/two in one tipper)..

The plan was to build a 4 Bedroom Bungalow with sitting room dinnerroom and all..
But when I started molding the blocks there the person who was watching over it convinced me that 5inchs solid kind of blocks is okay to raise such a building because I wasn’t at the country.. but now from the videos and pictures I see everywhere, it seems like what engineers actually use for such building is a 9inch Hollow blocks..

So I got to talk to an engineer yesterday night on the phone and he told me that we could start molding 6inch solid and use it for the surrounding walls then use the previous 5inch for the inner demarcation walls..

And do anyone has a good modern 4bedroom bungalow plan , can you please notify me ??

Thanks guys for taking out time to read through,, I will be looking forward to your responses ����,

Happy New Year �

Happy New Year Vission2020...

1st. 5inches solid is not OK as the engineer advised.

2nd. YES, 6 inches solid can stand for 9 inches hollow.

3rd. I'll advice you consider strategic column position to carry the concrete parapet.

Lastly... Not all internal wall would be 5 inches also, some partition walls should also be 6 inches to aid the weight of the roof. While 5 inches goes to toilet walls and partition walls close to 6 inches load bearing walls.

Goodluck.

On the 4 bedroom design, you can send me a WhatsApp message using the WhatsApp link in my signature.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 8:35am On Jan 02, 2020
Vission2020:

Happy New Year �

Welcome “vision 2020” into year 2020.

Now to your questions.
Your engineer is right by saying he will use 6” solid sandcrete block for the surrounding walls and 5 solid sandcrete block for the inner partitions wall.

But in modern construct now most builder and engr usually used 9” sandcrete hollow block for most building because.

1. It’s very strong to withstand load.
2. It can accommodate any features design such as (conduit plumbing piping system, Ac waste connection pipes and many more.
3. When it’s comes to windows installation with burglary proof, independent mosquito net, 9” block do give more space to achieve all these.
4. Many doors now comes in 9” (although it’s optional).

Lastly ask your builder, engr to introduce columns and roof beam into the building since you are proposed to do concrete facia.

This is my little advice as a BUILDER.
Thanks
Happy new year to you.

At “Rotech Building Concept”
In this year 2020
We promised to give all our clients.

1. GOOD design, best construction/Best finishing with LOW BUDGET.

2. BETTER design, Best construction/best finishing with MEDIUM BUDGET.

3.BEST design, best construction/ high class finishing with high taste.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mrsteel: 9:31am On Jan 02, 2020
Vission2020:

Happy New Year �
What your engineer said is okay
He should also include columns in addition to support the parapet.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1284) (1285) (1286) (1287) (1288) (1289) (1290) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.