Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,063 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1291) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4386607 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1288) (1289) (1290) (1291) (1292) (1293) (1294) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Cindino20(m): 10:07pm On Jan 07, 2020
emman44:

Thanks very much sir.. The Digester is been design in different ways depending on the soil formation of every of our site.. For dry land the water from the toilet waste goes into the ground while where we have a high level water area we treat the water to be environmental friendly and channel through to the drainage or canal as the case may be..

Thanks for your response.

There re points that re still not clear to me..

I am abit curious if you subject the treated effluent sludge to water analysis to ascertian if it is okay to be channelled to drainage or canal and do you get authorization from relevant authorities before channeling the water to the drainage/Canal?

Thanks

C.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 10:28pm On Jan 07, 2020
emman44:

Sorry for my late response..
The system does a fast separation of solid and liquid... The Digester is two layers 1. The upper layer where the all degradable material are been digested
2. Lower layer where the water is been filter and go out to the pit created for dry land and drainage or canal for high water level....

The upper layers consist of fibre which create micro-organism in thousands that feed on the waste while the lower layer consist of filters that make the water going out odourless and environmental friendly.
It works in both dry land and high water area...
Advantage of sewage Diegester
1. No odour
2. No evacuation,
3. Little space required
4. Cheaper than the spetic tank

Disadvantage
The use of condoms and sanitary pads.. But if it is for hotel we have another design for that..
It can be in both residential and commercial including high rise buildings....

Taiwo 07066474055
M&E consultant

What does this cost for a 4 bedroom flat occupied by just 2 people. And how long does it last.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 12:40am On Jan 08, 2020
Neweko:
@my one and only hajji M. thanks for your input.

Yes Sir. If you need the plan for both the security house and Generator Room (Seperately of course) and the pics, then email me. If mine is too big for you, you can modify it. Thanks.

Hajji M.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 12:42am On Jan 08, 2020
bobkezel:

What does this cost for a 4 bedroom flat occupied by just 2 people. And how long does it last.

You should get a quote for at least four peoples, there is a reason why you have 4 bedrooms, think of future occupancy. Bigger is better but not less or smaller.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 6:41am On Jan 08, 2020
Afootee:
Hello house, I have a 4 bedroom bungalow that I just completed the wood work, my carpenter gave me quotation of the roofing materials which I believe it is too much. He said I'm going to use 472.3sqm of aluminum step tiles. The actual land area developed is 199sqm, I took time to calculate the roof area according to what I have on the roof plan I got 221sqm. The highest point of the roof pitch cannot exceed 45 degrees(the plank was raised by 4m). Please I need someone that can help me get the actual area of the step tiles I need to buy. I can send the roof plan to u. Thanks.

First, I will advise you not to use 0.45mm step tile as your quote shows.

Secondly, he gave you a fairly reasonable quote. If he included extra sum, it won’t be much.

You can get another quote In terms of quantity. Did a 4 bedroom with a garage and the covering was 450m2
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by zizmo9: 9:15am On Jan 08, 2020
For sale : half plot of land with 2brm flat and a mini flat on 335sqm, at Ogunsoyoye st Otun Otun village. 12m Asking, R/S. Fenced with gate. Contact Azeez on 09054321614 .See pics of the survey plan n the layout.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by seunmsg(m): 10:12am On Jan 08, 2020
Hello property expert,
I’m having a little problem with my tiler as regards tiling of staircase. The staircase in question is about 7meters. My believe is that payment for tiling should be by square meters. However, the guy is claiming tiling of staircase is not by square meters but by a special price agreement. He’s demanding N60k to tile the staircase. Is it true that payment for tiling of staircase is not by square meters? Is N60k not outrageous for a staircase of 7meters?

Urgent advice needed.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somez(m): 10:28am On Jan 08, 2020
One of Abuja's biggest Wallpaper Store, Maxx Wallpaper and Deco Limited, is in urgent need for the service of Wallpaper Installers.

Qualification

Minimum SSCE

Ability to install 3D Wall panel will be an added advantage.

Mode of Application.

Interested applicants should submit Cv's and other related details in person to MAXX WALLPAPER AND DECO LIMITED. 1st floor Spar Park and shop premises, directly opposite UBA bank before Banex plaza, Wuse 2, Abuja.

For related details, kindly call 08145463027
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 12:03pm On Jan 08, 2020
Every Building should have an Architect. Who is your Structure's Architect?
For your building architectural designs, consult OAK Group

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jan 08, 2020
seunmsg:
Hello property expert,
I’m having a little problem with my tiler as regards tiling of staircase. The staircase in question is about 7meters. My believe is that payment for tiling should be by square meters. However, the guy is claiming tiling of staircase is not by square meters but by a special price agreement. He’s demanding N60k to tile the staircase. Is it true that payment for tiling of staircase is not by square meters? Is N60k not outrageous for a staircase of 7meters?

Urgent advice needed.

Tiling of staircase is not measured by square meters but 60k is too much. I don’t know the type of staircase but I do pay my tiler between 25-30k for a normal staircase of a duplex.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by seunmsg(m): 12:46pm On Jan 08, 2020
segzy14:

Tiling of staircase is not measured by square meters but 60k is too much. I don’t know the type of staircase but I do pay my tiler between 25-30k for a normal staircase of a duplex.

Okay. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 1:12pm On Jan 08, 2020
mufutau55:

You should get a quote for four peoples, there is a reason why you have 4 bedrooms, think of future occupancy. Bigger is better but not less or smaller.

Hajji M.
Thanks boss.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 1:23pm On Jan 08, 2020
Still available.

QSFemi:
Happy new week.

Quantity Surveyors are your friends - contractors, builders, architects, project sponsors etc. They are the financial expert of any construction activity.

Seek one today.
Seek a Quantity Surveyor to reduce the cost of construction by at least 25%.

I'm a Quantity Surveyor.

Contact for Bill of Quantities, Valuations, Labour and Material schedule etc

Contact Choice Cost Consult: 09012800750
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by emman44(m): 1:55pm On Jan 08, 2020
Cindino20:

Thanks for your response.

There re points that re still not clear to me..

I am abit curious if you subject the treated effluent sludge to water analysis to ascertian if it is okay to be channelled to drainage or canal and do you get authorization from relevant authorities before channeling the water to the drainage/Canal?

Thanks

C.
Note: The Digester does not turn sludge to water.. The sludge are been fed on by thousand of micro organism at the upper layer with the use of fibre only the water used for flushing that goes out after been filter... The water coming out is not drinkable but environmental friendly and it is only channel to the drainage in a high water area..

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by emman44(m): 2:00pm On Jan 08, 2020
bobkezel:

It depend on how the toilet are been arranged but a Digester cost 200k... We give 25years warranty so it can use more than that...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by toxxnoni(m): 2:08pm On Jan 08, 2020
Platinum drill and Geotechnical services Nigeria Limited

we provide inter-state services, Our services are 
1) Water borehole drilling
2) Water treatment
3) Geo-physical survey
4) Soil test / Geo-technical investigation
5) Pile foundation
6) Sand search
7) Laboratory analysis
cool Construction and Installation of over-head tanks
9) Project management/­Supervision and General construction.

Contact us :

Platinumgeotechnical@yahoo.com
+2348136569906
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 4:23pm On Jan 08, 2020
emman44:

It depend on how the toilet are been arranged but a Digester cost 200k... We give 25years warranty so it can use more than that...
Does this cover the total cost of everything, like digging, slab, plastering etc.?
Or is there going to be additional expense?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by emman44(m): 7:33pm On Jan 08, 2020
bobkezel:

Does this cover the total cost of everything, like digging, slab, plastering etc.?
Or is there going to be additional expense?
That is the cost of a unit complete Digester in a dry land.. It now depends on how the toilet are arranged..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Neweko: 7:37pm On Jan 08, 2020
mufutau55:

Yes Sir. If you need the plan for both the security house and Generator Room (Seperately of course) and the pics, then email me. If mine is too big for you, you can modify it. Thanks.

Hajji M.

My Hajji,I can not refuse this wonderful offer, May God bless you in multiple multiple times. pls check your email sir.

pls check your email sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by teslamgr: 9:00pm On Jan 08, 2020
Contact us for your building design

Tel.: 08081714825 & 08166416149
Email: teslamgr@gmail.com

TESLAM GLOBAL ®
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tikristinimi21: 10:15pm On Jan 08, 2020
I promised to get back to this forum and give a feedback of my transaction with topsy23.

The transaction was a supply of cables and some other electrical components.

He was prompt to give advice and he delivered as promised.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 12:30am On Jan 09, 2020
Call for your pop ceiling, Wall and deck screeding
*Pillars and Arc designs,
*Windows and doors design,
*Wall demarcation and skirting,
*Parapets screeding e.t.c
Contact us while offer last, for durable and pocket friendly service.
Reach us on +2347069462837 or at hisgraceinteriors@gmail.com
Or visit our website on our signature

N.B: Terms and Conditions applied

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 1:15am On Jan 09, 2020
Neweko:

My Hajji,I can not refuse this wonderful offer, May God bless you in multiple multiple times. pls check your email sir.
pls check your email sir.

Check your inbox.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 1:44am On Jan 09, 2020
Happy New Year every1 here & guest.
All protocol duely observed.

To every1 that have made comments here, thank you. On 3 count i want to apologize to the members & guest on this forum.
1. Services
2. Health
3. My negligence

Regrettable this happened, i hv run PoD services faced with so much challenges, running part payment too with its challenges.

I do it all alone, i lease truck when i can not afford all at same time, i do my delivery myself, workload smtimes draw back delivery or smtimes fail. My respect and understanding Engineer or Home owners that know me well will confirm these,

because they know the nature of my delivery they give me 3-4days delivery period so as to bridge the gap.

The Op i hv worked for several time, i know him despite we hv not meet one on one, i am not annoy by is action here, but he played a script in which is understandable.

I did not tanished my image, its just a failed delivery which can easily be taking care of. It can happen to any contractor.

Op saying he do not mind destroying all i hv built here made a big mistake. What i build here is the grace of God @ work, i hv not short any1 delivery, i expose the wrong supplies, so many are happy this happened but ... Those saying is he the only supplier on Nairaland, note its grace. If you can't do what i do, can't u for God sake be yourself? All those calling me ungodly names thank you so much.

Teni be igi loju, igi ti ruwe.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 3:24am On Jan 09, 2020
segzy14:
@chekitaut, hmmmm, I don’t mind destroying what you have built here.
I still pondering. Aye ma ne ka ooo.

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:54am On Jan 09, 2020
@chekitaut, you have destroyed your image here. Do you know how many people have contacted me that you are owning them and they regret doing business with you. Just let sleeping dogs lie.No allow me burst your bubble. Shebi you said you have so many customers off nairaland and you don’t mind losing your customers here, why are you here again? After making me to pass through this and you are spewing transh instead of you to apologize. Oniranu

10 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 5:51am On Jan 09, 2020
segzy14:
@chekitaut, you have destroyed your image here. Do you know how many people have contacted me that you are owning them and they regret doing business with you. Just let sleeping dogs lie.No allow me burst your bubble. Shebi you said you have so many customers off nairaland and you don’t mind losing your customers here, why are you here again? After making me to pass through this and you are spewing transh instead of you to apologize. Oniranu
i hv never said i hv many customers off Nairaland dont blackmail me, enough of you, any who said i owe him speak or remain silent.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:59am On Jan 09, 2020
Have you given him the truck and his money? You haven’t.
You are a big disgrace to your generation.

Chekitaut:
i hv never said i hv many customers off Nairaland dont blackmail me, enough of you, any who said i owe him speak or remain silent.
Kenosym:

Good morning Segzy, and thanks for this post to warn innocent clients who wants to do genuine business with Vendors here on nairaland from falling prey of the fraudster, Chekitaut. Unfortunately, I had fallen prey already before your post became very clear. I first saw your post when I was about entering business with chekitaut, but at that point, so many still considered him genuine, and you too harsh and being too quick to come online to paint him black for a failed delivery which could have happened due to unforeseen circumstances. So I considered your issue with him as a temporary set back he can quickly correct, little did I know it was deeply rooted in his nature.
I imported a Howo truck from China an gave this guy to manage on 24th October 2019. Although the truck had an accident when an amature was moving it to another terminal for clearing, hence he had to tow it to his base. I paid for the towing, transferred a lot of money to him to fix it, and for more than a month and half this guy keep saying that he was repairing the truck to bring it to the standard he wants, to ensure it will be reliable for his use. The money I sent for the repair of the truck was within the first 2 weeks from 24th October, and those repairs were clear and the parts receipted. For the next one month, he kept claiming he didn't want to bother me, and that he's shouldering the expenses for the repair to bring the truck to his standard, always insisting the truck hasn't started working.
Finally, he accepted the truck started working on 9th of December, and that he would pay me on 13th since our agreement is on weekly payment. He also confirmed to me at the end of that week that the truck worked very well that week but gave no reason why he didn't pay me on Friday as the agreement stipulated. By evening of Monday 16th, of the following week, he picked my call and said he was going home and would pay when he got home. By Tuesday I called and told him to move my truck to Lagos from Abeokuta so another person can take it over, that I was fed up with his lies. That was the last I heard from the guy even as I write. Most time his number doesn't go, sometimes it does without him picking. I've sent WhatsApp and he isn't responding, I've also noticed he stop visiting nairaland.
I was concerned that something might have happened to him, maybe one of his debtors arrested him, until I called segzy this morning and he confirmed he mistakenly picked his call 2days ago thinking he was a client waiting for him for delivery. Hence, I decided to take an action by warning other prospective innocent clients from falling prey to this fraudster. I sure will further follow up by sending the Police/EFCC after him to retrieve my truck and all he owe me.

Its indeed a horrible experience but one that comes with doing business in Nigeria, I hope I don't get involve with this kind of fellow again.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 6:07am On Jan 09, 2020
On this forum sometimes i comments people that almost put me out of business, one Lanre Kasali aka governor kaslas with his father that abscond with N1.2m but later paid 500k over 5year after delivering to their site @ ketu,

Or the guy(guest) i supply 300bags of cement b4 day break all cement disappeared. Case still in court, I have done millions of project for Nairaland, without seeing them face to face. But u choose do what u did over a stupid idiot that have no fear of God in heart. I choose remain silent to move on so hypertension never remain my case.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 6:09am On Jan 09, 2020
segzy14:
Have you given him the truck and his money? You haven’t.
You are a big disgrace to your generation.

Oga remain in your shell do u know d business terms. because he can not get to me he came online mean i hv scam him. Segzy14 mind ur words.Don't insult me.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by teslamgr: 6:41am On Jan 09, 2020
Good morning to you all.

We at TESLAM GLOBAL® provides you a range of Structural design and M&E Design services for your Residential and Commercial Projects

Our clients receive a complete building permit set and guidance on obtaining approvals from the local authorities.

Contact us for your building design.

Tel.: 08081714825 & 08166416149
Email: teslamgr@gmail.com
https://www.nairaland.com/5602052/nigerias-trusted-design-firm-residential
Address: 4th floor, MKK-Plaza, I.T Igbani Street, Jabi District, Fct-Abuja.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 7:13am On Jan 09, 2020
@Segzy14, i beg u in d name of God u serve, the energy u applied to post i fraud u, kindly use the same energy to tell u hv being refunded. God will help u ooo.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1288) (1289) (1290) (1291) (1292) (1293) (1294) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.