Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,542 members, 7,837,082 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1310) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4447415 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1307) (1308) (1309) (1310) (1311) (1312) (1313) ... (3679) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:07pm On Jan 31, 2020
rationalmind:
I was developing a three and a two bedroom apartment on the same plot of land sometime ago but stopped because the person overseeing it was siphoning funds.

I have decided to travel down to oversee things myself during my annual leave. How much work can be realistically done in two weeks? Both buildings are at lintel level(lintel has been done)

As a builder with experience, what I believed you can get done within 2weeks are as follow

1. Blocks seeking to the level stage.
2. Parapet, concrete facial (optional)
3.total roofing work.
4. Plastring.
5 plumbing and electrical 1st stage work.(piping)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 10:18pm On Jan 31, 2020
Chekitaut:
pouring weak concrete in block holes righ?

Yeah, concrete was put in the external block holes that runs to the bottom before the a thick nylon and concrete was cast with wire mesh.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Charisdesigns: 12:02am On Feb 01, 2020
rotecch77:

My brother I don’t think you can get this done in 2-3weeks in Nigeria.
Don’t forget the building is at lintel stage.

Can you achieve these in the said time.

. Block settings to the final level.
. Concrete facial (optional)
.Roof cacas .
.Roof covering.
. Plastring in and out.
.Electrical work
.plumbing work
Burglary bars, doors, window
.pop or any ceiling work.
. Screeding. (Optional)
.Tiling
.All external work I.e suck away, septic tank, bore hole, compound flooring, fencing and many more.

70% of what you mentioned here can actually be done simultaneously

I still maintain my stance, that with favourable weather conditions and the right fund, it can be done in 3weeks smiley

Ideally, how long does it take to erect a bungalow from scratch to finish?

Even if it's a storey building that requires concretes, admixtures can be introduced, what I am saying in essence is, things can really be fast tracked if the client have the fund, if for instance naturally you are using 3 Mason's and 2 labour's, for more productivity it can be increased to 6 masons etc. It just might not be economical, but it is achievable

Sometime ago here on nairaland, a popular nairaland engineer built a storey building in about a month.

Happy new month sir smiley

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yinkaoke(f): 6:58am On Feb 01, 2020
Good morning great people please what are the materials needed for a German floor. My Mason gave me granite, sharp sand and cement.
Please is this all?
Thanks as u respond
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 7:01am On Feb 01, 2020
yinkaoke:
Good morning great people please what are the materials needed for a German floor. My Mason gave me granite, sharp sand and cement.
Please is this all?
Thanks as u respond

Those are practically all that is required. You may wish to add DPC membrane (thick nylon) depending on the kind of soil/land that you have plus wire mesh to further it.

Good luck
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Perfecttouchade: 7:48am On Feb 01, 2020
With Perfect Touch Aluminium, be guaranteed to have a perfect delivery on your aluminium windows,doors etc...we fabricate Casement, sliding, projected ,frameless doors, curtain walls Perfectly...talk to us for a better Aluminium services on your building. Tel& WhatsApp 08153665659.
E* perfecttouchaluminium2012@yahoo.com
Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 8:06am On Feb 01, 2020
Happy New Month to you our able follower.
We wish you greater and prosperous days ahead.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 9:28am On Feb 01, 2020
Charisdesigns:

70% of what you mentioned here can actually be done simultaneously

I still maintain my stance, that with favourable weather conditions and the right fund, it can be done in 3weeks smiley

Ideally, how long does it take to erect a bungalow from scratch to finish?

Even if it's a storey building that requires concretes, admixtures can be introduced, what I am saying in essence is, things can really be fast tracked if the client have the fund, if for instance naturally you are using 3 Mason's and 2 labour's, for more productivity it can be increased to 6 masons etc. It just might not be economical, but it is achievable

Sometime ago here on nairaland, a popular nairaland engineer built a storey building in about a month.

Happy new month sir smiley

Yes I get you right, but here in Nigeria aside from fund, there others things that will hold you down.

But come to think of it there are few work you can do simultaneously here.

Plastring, can be combine with installation of doors frame and windows.

Electrical work and plumbing piping can be combine together.

*You need to check these*
1.Can plastring combine with wall screeding.
( check how many days it will take you to achieve these).

2 can tiling combine with pop work,
( check how many days to achieve these 2)

3.Can fixing of lightning combine with painting at a go.
And many more.

Now you need to think how many days it will take you to do this.

1. Fabrication of windows burglar bars by the welder man,
2.Fabrication of aluminum windows.

3. How many days it will take the plastered wall to dry up before you can painted it.
4.tiling
5. Plumbing
The list continues

As I said you can’t get the 2 flats done within that 2 to 3 weeks here in Nigeria with standard work based on my practical field experience so far as a BUILDER.

And as per the engr you talked about which you stated that he finished a DUPLEX with a MONTH both the CACAS and the FINISHINGS.

This can’t be achieved until I see the link or the said contractor to say it here and how he achieved that.

Although we learn everyday and I’m ready to learn more
Thanks happy new month my brother

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tevanso(m): 9:51am On Feb 01, 2020
ollykay619:
Hello house. Please how much does it cost to get building approval (4 bedroom flat bungalow) in Oyo state.
send the drawings to me and ur survey plan on whatsap. 08060506857
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by vboss(m): 12:49pm On Feb 01, 2020
Hello

Good afternoon house. I appreciate everybody who contributes in one way or the other to this thread. my project is progressing but right now I'm confused choosing the right design for my concrete fascia. I had one in mind but engineer said it's old fashioned. Please house even searching the internet has made it worse for me. Please I need designs and suggestions. I'm doing the normal concrete casting with wood.

I will attach pictures

I would love to know also which design would be less expensive �

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Tiztonio(m): 1:23pm On Feb 01, 2020
Get affordable Fancy switches with copper terminal in Benin City

Contact us on :08083108100

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 1:50pm On Feb 01, 2020
rotecch77:

Yes I get you right, but here in Nigeria aside from fund, there others things that will hold you down.

But come to think of it there are few work you can do simultaneously here.

Plastring, can be combine with installation of doors frame and windows.

Electrical work and plumbing piping can be combine together.

*You need to check these*
1.Can plastring combine with wall screeding.
( check how many days it will take you to achieve these).

2 can tiling combine with pop work,
( check how many days to achieve these 2)

3.Can fixing of lightning combine with painting at a go.
And many more.

Now you need to think how many days it will take you to do this.

1. Fabrication of windows burglar bars by the welder man,
2.Fabrication of aluminum windows.

3. How many days it will take the plastered wall to dry up before you can painted it.
4.tiling
5. Plumbing
The list continues

As I said you can’t get the 2 flats done within that 2 to 3 weeks here in Nigeria with standard work based on my practical field experience so far as a BUILDER.

And as per the engr you talked about which you stated that he finished a DUPLEX with a MONTH both the CACAS and the FINISHINGS.

This can’t be achieved until I see the link or the said contractor to say it here and how he achieved that.

Although we learn everyday and I’m ready to learn more
Thanks happy new month my brother

All the points you stated are very valid and exquisitely correct. I did a storey building of two mini flats up and male and female saloon down from foundation to Roofing in 3 Weeks and 5 Days.

See the thread of the project here - https://www.nairaland.com/4646207/fastest-one-storey-building-construction/2#86288907

Though for me to achieve this at that speed. I had to work round the Clock. Sunday to Sunday sometimes I do night.

But not with finishing. You can never accomplish with finishing under one month using our construction method unless everything you are doing is precast and install.

So Rotech is very correct in his submissions
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 4:18pm On Feb 01, 2020
vboss:
Hello

Good afternoon house. I appreciate everybody who contributes in one way or the other to this thread. my project is progressing but right now I'm confused choosing the right design for my concrete fascia. I had one in mind but engineer said it's old fashioned. Please house even searching the internet has made it worse for me. Please I need designs and suggestions. I'm doing the normal concrete casting with wood.
I will attach pictures
I would love to know also which design would be less expensive �

Forget about the Engineer telling you that your choice is old-fashioned. Choose the type you like and tell the Engineer that is what you want. It is your house, and you are the only one who will live there without any "buyers-remorse". So go along with the one you want.

Hajji M.

9 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yinkaoke(f): 5:17pm On Feb 01, 2020
Muyi002:

Those are practically all that is required. You may wish to add DPC membrane (thick nylon) depending on the kind of soil/land that you have plus wire mesh to further it.

Good luck
@muyi002 many thanks sir but please some one knowledge needed.
As am about to floor n plaster my house what do l v to look out for when flooring to v it better in place for tiling. Must d floor be smooth or rough?
Also do l v to call in a carpenter to install planks call frames on my doors n windows before plastering even though l intend to use casement windows n doors that has frames, seems d modern ones comes with frames
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Perfecttouchade: 5:33pm On Feb 01, 2020
yinkaoke:

@muyi002 many thanks sir but please some one knowledge needed.
As am about to floor n plaster my house what do l v to look out for when flooring to v it better in place for tiling. Must d floor be smooth or rough?
Also do l v to call in a carpenter to install planks call frames on my doors n windows before plastering even though l intend to use casement windows n doors that has frames, seems d modern ones comes with frames
firstly if you want to do tiles in all the house floors, the bricklayer does not need to smoothen the floor including the kitchen, toilet walls...let the carpenter install the doors during or after plastering since the doors will come together with the frames..as for the windows, you can install either before or after plastering..if u want to install before plastering, ensure its been wrapped with protective nylons, so that it doesn't get stained while plastering...

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Homebloginfo(m): 6:23pm On Feb 01, 2020
Thanks for sharing such a good information.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dubemcapital1(m): 8:38pm On Feb 01, 2020
Chekitaut:
Building materials require honesty, its not cheap, don't put it in the hand of just anybody. The price you pay is faithfulness & honesty.

Build right

What an advice coming from a very honest, just, upright, sincere and clean man like Chekitaut in a time like this! grin grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mubby4luv(m): 9:17pm On Feb 01, 2020
Carpenters in the house.. This is the quotation I got for a standard kitchen cabinet and 3 standard wardrobe. I know size and style matter but pls help me look into the quantity and prices of materials. Thank you

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 10:10pm On Feb 01, 2020
Dubemcapital1:

What an advice coming from a very honest, just, upright, sincere and clean man like Chekitaut in a time like this! grin grin grin

Lolsss
Damage control

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nero2424: 12:55am On Feb 02, 2020
bobkezel:

Lolsss
Damage control

This is the best time for me to do business with that dude.... I can tell you for free, I will get the best of services from him in an exchange for a 5 star rating.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 3:40am On Feb 02, 2020
Nero2424:

This is the best time for me to do business with that dude.... I can tell you for free, I will get the best of services from him in an exchange for a 5 star rating.
Lolss
At ur own risk o.
U never can tell the motive...
A big cash out may be.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Gooddoorman: 4:54am On Feb 02, 2020
Hello builders

I have aluminium composite panels available. I supply from ibadan to any part of the country at a very good price for your wall cladding and signages

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by taskcompleteng: 5:13am On Feb 02, 2020
taskcompleteng:
For your quality Interlocking & Tiles works

We produce on site if you need us
or
you purchase the interlocks we come Lay it out for you.

we are affordable.

Do not hesitate to contact us.

Emma Pave Works

Contact us today
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by donteddy(m): 5:50am On Feb 02, 2020
Good morning house. Pls who can help me with roof design and the square meter of this floor plan.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 6:56am On Feb 02, 2020
donteddy:
Good morning house. Pls who can help me with roof design and the square meter of this floor plan.
i am an architect here. can help you.
whatsapp me on 08108408732
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by donteddy(m): 8:03am On Feb 02, 2020
uncleteeh:

i am an architect here. can help you.
whatsapp me on 08108408732

Pls kindly explain it on this platform for others to benefit too. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Person2person(m): 8:28am On Feb 02, 2020
donteddy:

morning, you need length and breadth of your plan to know the area of the building, from your plan, I will assume 10,000 (10m) on one side and 8000(8m) on the other side, then the area will be

10mx8m=80sqm ( for building without the varrandah)

1.2m x 3.0m =3.6sqm(for varrandah only)

I assume the measurements because I can't see your measurement clearly.

For the roof, the roof should slope on the four side with an A shaped design on the varrandah.

I hope this is helpful? if not I can help you with a freehand sketch of the roof plan design on wasap.

Good luck!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by donteddy(m): 8:51am On Feb 02, 2020
Person2person:

morning, you need length and breadth of your plan to know the area of the building, from your plan, I will assume 10,000 (10m) on one side and 8000(8m) on the other side, then the area will be

10mx8m=80sqm ( for building without the varrandah)

1.2m x 3.0m =3.6sqm(for varrandah only)

I assume the measurements because I can't see your measurement clearly.

For the roof, the roof should slope on the four side with an A shaped design on the varrandah.

I hope this is helpful? if not I can help you with a freehand sketch of the roof plan design on wasap.

Good luck!

Thank you sir. This is so helpful
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mank1234(m): 11:12am On Feb 02, 2020
Dennis3D:

All the points you stated are very valid and exquisitely correct. I did a storey building of two mini flats up and male and female saloon down from foundation to Roofing in 3 Weeks and 5 Days.

See the thread of the project here - https://www.nairaland.com/4646207/fastest-one-storey-building-construction/2#86288907

Though for me to achieve this at that speed. I had to work round the Clock. Sunday to Sunday sometimes I do night.

But not with finishing. You can never accomplish with finishing under one month using our construction method unless everything you are doing is precast and install.

So Rotech is very correct in his submissions

3 weeks + 5days is 28days!
For a story building, I thought you guys always tell us to leave some days for the concrete to cure.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 11:32am On Feb 02, 2020
Just in case you want to avoid falling into hands of artisans. You can contact your suppliers directly. See an important information here
MUST READ FOR ALL
READ HERE ����
https://naijalocals.com.ng/the-price-you-pay-for-looking-for-cheap-things/

The Collection Sample Of Stone Coated Roofing Tile For Your Building
See here >> https://www.nairaland.com/3357472/collection-sample-stone-coated-roofing

PRICE LIST OF ROOFING SHEET IN NIGERIA SEE HERE >> https://www.nairaland.com/3364135/roofing-sheets-cost-various-types

Types of Roofing Sheets in Nigeria and Their Prices (2019) >> https://nigerianprice.com/types-of-roofing-sheets-in-nigeria-their-prices/

See Photos From My House Warming Ceremony (Photos) >> https://www.nairaland.com/4765255/see-photos-house-warming-ceremony

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by seunoj: 12:56pm On Feb 02, 2020
bobkezel:

Lolss
At ur own risk o.
U never can tell the motive...
A big cash out may be.

Since you know his type, the agreement will be as follows;
delivery before payment.
Customer reserves right to reject goods delivered with defect or incomplete weight.
Supplier will be penalised for Delay in delivery Goods etc.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by emman44(m): 5:48pm On Feb 02, 2020
Sewage Digester... No more evacuation!!! No more odour!! 25years warranty

Engr Taiwo
M&E consultant

(1) (2) (3) ... (1307) (1308) (1309) (1310) (1311) (1312) (1313) ... (3679) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Tolu181, uwemjack(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.