Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,957 members, 7,828,378 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1307) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4427250 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1304) (1305) (1306) (1307) (1308) (1309) (1310) ... (3674) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChybuzzDD(m): 5:51am On Jan 29, 2020
ChybuzzDD:
Good morning, everyone. Can someone kindly assist in quoting the current prices of the listed materials for the woodworks of a 5 bedroom duplex in imo state. Thanks

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 6:45am On Jan 29, 2020
[quote author=Mup4life post=86191885][/quote]

Contact me on 07038166370. Call. Text. WhatsApp

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Perfecttouchade: 7:15am On Jan 29, 2020
Perfect Touch Aluminium will give you the best in quality and durability...our service to our customers is what we hold in high regards.. we give you detailed and specification about our fabrications services..Tel& WhatsApp 08153665659.
E* perfecttouchaluminium2012@yahoo.com

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Amblessed2020: 7:18am On Jan 29, 2020
Hey guys, I have a house that’s currently under construction. It is past decking level, but we started to notice some holes on the German floor. What could be the cause of these concrete collapse? Is it an indication of foundation problem? How can it be corrected.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 7:19am On Jan 29, 2020
[quote author=Mup4life post=86191885][/quote] I am an architect here. let's do business. Oak Group call/whatsapp: 08108408732.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 7:29am On Jan 29, 2020
I am an Architect, I do Architectural designs, I handle constructional works and all building related works.
contact me to get ur building projects done with maximum satisfaction.
If you are the busy type that needs his/her building project supervised, pls beacon on me.
OAK Group
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Osagiesamuel02(m): 8:04am On Jan 29, 2020
Good morning house, can anyone assist with the price per length for 8mm iron rod please
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by boay(m): 8:27am On Jan 29, 2020
Osagiesamuel02:
Good morning house, can anyone assist with the price per length for 8mm iron rod please

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 8:52am On Jan 29, 2020
Amblessed2020:
Hey guys, I have a house that’s currently under construction. It is past decking level, but we started to notice some holes on the German floor. What could be the cause of these concrete collapse? Is it an indication of foundation problem? How can it be corrected.

That floor is not German. It didn't go through the right process. As an ordinary person, you would know it didn't go through appropriate steps. The engineers will tell you the terms. What's the nature of the land?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Takoro13(m): 9:16am On Jan 29, 2020
ArcToyin:

For the 3 bedroom
1) The door of ante room leading to the lobby should be closed. A visitor can have access to your bedroom while you are in living room without knowing
2) If I were him, I will remove all the block wall of dinning leading to the lobby. It will make the lobby have more illumination
3) The lobby is too long, it is not a face me and face you apartment.

For the 1 bedroom
1) You dont need a dinning for them. It is extra cost for you.

For the 2 bedroom
1) Dinning door should always open to kitchen direct and not a roundabout turning.

I have another opinion for ante room. I suggest there is door linking to passage from ante but shld be in mind that the door there is more control door like door that can be open from behind only or jam key door. The reason is when you have reason to welcome multitude visitors like event day or on emergency situation. This reason was enough for me to introduced door linking passage

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Charisdesigns: 9:19am On Jan 29, 2020
Amblessed2020:

Someone said the floor is not German grin, it's italic (that's on a lighter note tho)

Now consigning your oversite concrete (German floor)
I think you or your engineer should answer this questions, because therein lies your answer

1) was the soil underneath or the soil used to fill the dpc laterite? Because what I am seeing here (I might be wrong tho, is loose peat soil). The importance of using laterites for filling can not be overemphasized.

2) was the filling compacted enough to be able to sustain and carry the compressive load of concrete coming on it (this i obviously doubt)

3)Let even assume that the first two was done properly, where is the brc wire mesh, that is supposed to be introduced because I arnt seeing any traces.
Simple, wire mesh are always very important because, it provides tensile strength to supplement concrete's compressive strength

4) Did you follow the right mix ratio for the oversite concrete

CharisDESIGNS

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valentine87: 9:31am On Jan 29, 2020
Thanks so much,
Takoro13:

I have another opinion for ante room. I suggest there is door linking to passage from ante but shld be in mind that the door there is more control door like door that can be open from behind only or jam key door. The reason is when you have reason to welcome multitude visitors like event day or on emergency situation. This reason was enough for me to introduced door linking passage
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ArcToyin(m): 10:54am On Jan 29, 2020
[quote author=Mup4life post=86191885][/quote] Drop your whatsapp number or email. Mine is davidoluwatoyin41@gmail.com
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by raymondFirstborn(m): 11:44am On Jan 29, 2020
Amblessed2020:

what type of Soil was used for compaction.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by raymondFirstborn(m): 11:44am On Jan 29, 2020
Amblessed2020:

after sandfilling , the soil wasnt well compacted.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Perfecttouchade: 2:34pm On Jan 29, 2020
Perfect Touch Aluminium serves you with quality and durability.. if there is anything you need to know about your windows and other aluminium services, call or text us on {WhatsApp} 081533665659...we are here to please and satisfy you. Our designs speaks alot ...Fabrication at it's best with Perfect Touch Aluminium.
E* perfecttouchaluminium2012@yahoo.com
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Gooddoorman: 2:41pm On Jan 29, 2020
I supply Aluminum Composite Panels for wall cladding and partition.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 2:43pm On Jan 29, 2020
Charisdesigns:

Someone said the floor is not German grin, it's italic (that's on a lighter note tho)

I think you or your engineer should answer this questions, because therein lies your answer

1) was the soil underneath or the soil used to fill the dpc laterite? Because what I am seeing here (I might be wrong tho, is loose peat soil). The importance of using laterites for filling can not be overemphasized.

2) was the filling compacted enough to be able to sustain and carry the compressive load of concrete coming on it (this i obviously doubt)

3)Let even assume that the first two was done properly, where is the brc wire mesh, that is supposed to be introduced because I arnt seeing any traces.
Simple, wire mesh are always very important because, it provides tensile strength to supplement concrete's compressive strength

CharisDESIGNS

I like your take on this. Another point is the thickness of the German Floor. Maybe it is the picture, but from what I can see, the oversight concrete is just too economical. Oversight concrete thickness should be of a minimum of four inches I would do. Six inches sef no bad.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Amblessed2020: 4:46pm On Jan 29, 2020
folmus:

That floor is not German. It didn't go through the right process. As an ordinary person, you would know it didn't go through appropriate steps. The engineers will tell you the terms. What's the nature of the land?

It is a dry land
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 5:09pm On Jan 29, 2020
Amblessed2020:

Let’s tell ourself the truth, this is a “TRUE DEFINITION OF SUB-STANDARD JOB”
My Candid advice to you now is to engage competent BUILDER or AN ENGR to handle this for you.

Actually the issue is non well compacted earth filling of the place Plus POOR and non standard over-site concrete.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 7:05pm On Jan 29, 2020
If you think you can just come here read words from our engineers on forum and act as one on your site, i pity u

Engineer on this forum spend money to be where they are, please engage them. very important.

Also note not all engineer here are qualified. some are just bricklayers who claim to be engineer.
thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 7:12pm On Jan 29, 2020
I can not imagine a supplier of building materials, that do not know "weight bill", i do not think he knows the description of materials he sells to customer.

Every materials has it purpose in building construction, be guided.

Build right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 7:39pm On Jan 29, 2020
Amblessed2020:
Sir, you hv already done rhe block setting b4 the flooring? Or perhaps did not put enough water in the back filling. No harm if its a bungalow just break the entire surface and recast. Frm pic no trace of steel bar in the dpc... So many questions to ask. If you have negotiated to the bream engineer (elebi(hungry) engineer) will cut corners

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tevanso(m): 8:03pm On Jan 29, 2020
Charisdesigns:

CharisDESIGNS
your head dey there, kindly answer these questions.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by donAlvan: 9:36pm On Jan 29, 2020
Curcel concept.
Plot 8 Meridian Estate.
Phase 5.lekki Ajah lagos
For your #infrastructure/#Drainage Flood contros
jobs.
Sand Filling and Granite supplies
Call KATCHY
#curcelconcept

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 10:23pm On Jan 29, 2020
our identity

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by donAlvan: 10:34pm On Jan 29, 2020
Sandfilling Made easy.
5% DISCOUNT ON BULK PURCHASE AND OUTRIGHT PAYMENT!!!!!!!.

You can contact us for
the supply of granites,sharp & plaster sand.& all types of filling sand for your sand filling jobs in lekki or any location in Lagos.
Call katchy
08038989559 / 08037136667.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Amblessed2020: 2:46am On Jan 30, 2020
Charisdesigns:

CharisDESIGNS

I don’t reside in Nigeria, therefore I was not there to know the type of soil used or what was done during the construction. As for the engineer, he is no longer building for me, so I can’t reach him to get the answers.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by donAlvan: 6:18am On Jan 30, 2020
We are your plug for Granites
Cement. Any type Sand and other building Materials in etiosa LGA. Lagos Nigeria.
Call 08038989559 or 08037136667 https:///Nq6MtkqpwP
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by m2cad: 8:04am On Jan 30, 2020
Sir
A site visit can help to provide a solution. Asking for propositions may not help.

Where is the location such as someone close by can visit

Amblessed2020:

I don’t reside in Nigeria, therefore I was not there to know the type of soil used or what was done during the construction. As for the engineer, he is no longer building for me, so I can’t reach him to get the answers.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Charisdesigns: 8:30am On Jan 30, 2020
Amblessed2020:

Well
The situation can still be savaged if you are sure the foundation was done properly. Just employ the service of a very good engineer or an experienced builder to help you..

These are what you should look out for and ensure its perfectly done.

1) Break the entire floor if need be.
Import and place laterite, then ram, ram, ram and ram, if possible get a compacting machine for better compaction.

2) introduce brc wiremesh
3) To avoid upward movements of water, introduce damproving membrane
4) let your engineer try not to be economical about the oversite concrete, it should have a thickness of at least 100mm eventho 150 is preferable.
Then they should use the correct concrete mix

Moreso if it is a storey building get a structural design, as all this details are spelt out therein as guides to whosoever that's supervising

CharisDESIGNS

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 10:09am On Jan 30, 2020
What are you rates to supply full 30T 10 tyre china truck to lekki conservative/orchid road for:

1) sharp sand
2) granite
3) plaster sand

thanks

donAlvan:
Curcel concept.
Plot 8 Meridian Estate.
Phase 5.lekki Ajah lagos
For your #infrastructure/#Drainage Flood contros
jobs.
Sand Filling and Granite supplies
Call KATCHY
#curcelconcept

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1304) (1305) (1306) (1307) (1308) (1309) (1310) ... (3674) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.