Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1323) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4396048 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1320) (1321) (1322) (1323) (1324) (1325) (1326) ... (3668) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 5:07pm On Feb 16, 2020
diordaves:

Sharp sand = 12k per trip

Cement = N2,500 from warehouse

6" solid block = N130

Block setting labour = N45 - N55 per block

The prices can vary but not too much.
is this in warri?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 5:28pm On Feb 16, 2020
erico2k2:

is this in warri?

Yes. Osubi Airport area. Prices are around these. DSC, area maybe a bit expensive but not so much. DSC area, cult boys use hand touch ground, so N10 here, N20 there fit enter the price but on the whole Sha, that's what I'm currently paying.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 6:04pm On Feb 16, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

It is I. Been busy on a few other things. Back full time in Nigeria now (Alhamdulillahi). Will pop in more. Shocking to see all the ads though.
. U are welcome sir, gud to hear dat sir,

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 6:20pm On Feb 16, 2020
diordaves:

Yes. Osubi Airport area. Prices are around these. DSC, area maybe a bit expensive but not so much. DSC area, cult boys use hand touch ground, so N10 here, N20 there fit enter the price but on the whole Sha, that's what I'm currently paying.
ok cool I go need contact for mason n labour Abeg
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 7:32pm On Feb 16, 2020
erico2k2:

ok cool I go need contact for mason n labour Abeg

So what's the assignment? Is it just fencing job? Or building? I ask because you will have better value for money as a package.

If it is building, is there a project manager on site? If not, knowledgeable direction of the Mason is essential. There should be someone who gives orders as the Mason are good skillfully but not educated enough for me to leave on their own.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 7:51pm On Feb 16, 2020
diordaves:

So what's the assignment? Is it just fencing job? Or building? I ask because you will have better value for money as a package.

If it is building, is there a project manager on-site? If not, knowledgeable direction of the Mason is essential. There should be someone who gives orders as the Mason are good skillfully but not educated enough for me to leave on their own.
Nop not at the moment once work is about to commence she would need an Engineer or project manager to give directives as we now see a need to change the plan a bit. as we stand, she needs to add three coaches B4 decking that's the job at hand now, she is decking later in the year but Im just encouraging her to proceed, she stopped at lintel since 2012 due to family wahala

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 12:01am On Feb 17, 2020
erico2k2:

Nop not at the moment once work is about to commence she would need an Engineer or project manager to give directives as we now see a need to change the plan a bit. as we stand, she needs to add three coaches B4 decking that's the job at hand now, she is decking later in the year but Im just encouraging her to proceed, she stopped at lintel since 2012 due to family wahala

Call Sunny +2349037334648. Tell him, his "Oga" in Osubi.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 12:58am On Feb 17, 2020
diordaves:

Call Sunny +2349037334648. Tell him, his "Oga" in Osubi.
Thanks will pass the info to my friend
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 5:39am On Feb 17, 2020
All you need to know about Sharp Sand, Granite/Chippings

https://www.nairaland.com/1198629/building-made-easy-granite-lead/27#86713603
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 5:57am On Feb 17, 2020
Cement Offloading Stealing (Watch)
It is a general phenomenon that Cement can be counted from the surface, but it will be dangerous to know that what you see in the surface is different from what is inside.

Step 1: during offloading the off loaders will request for pure water or something to take you off from location at the completion of 1st role, then their evil work will start a bag of will be crossed over two lines thereby 1bag is off before you arrive they will cover it up, that can be done as many as possible times.

Step 2: after the 1st role in the middle the a bag will be placed vertically, thereby automatically removing 1bag, when looking from the top you assume all are of same height.

What to watch for after offloading check every part of the truck, tapolin , they will woo you they have some bags to sell, they only trying to sell your goods to you.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 6:17am On Feb 17, 2020
Iron rod ripping off method:
When order for iron be very careful, if you bargine too low they have there ways of ripping you off, We have different quality of iron in grade & products.

A supplier of iron rod can decide to mix products for you on delivering mixing less grade iron with good grade.
A supplier can tip ur iron bender on site to deliver exact what he want and visit supplier to collect difference.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Odbas(m): 7:09am On Feb 17, 2020
Happy New Week

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 7:49am On Feb 17, 2020
Chekitaut:
Cement Offloading Stealing (Watch)
It is a general phenomenon that Cement can be counted from the surface, but it will be dangerous to know that what you see in the surface is different from what is inside.

Step 1: during offloading the off loaders will request for pure water or something to take you off from location at the completion of 1st role, then their evil work will start a bag of will be crossed over two lines thereby 1bag is off before you arrive they will cover it up, that can be done as many as possible times.

Step 2: after the 1st role in the middle the a bag will be placed vertically, thereby automatically removing 1bag, when looking from the top you assume all are of same height.

What to watch for after offloading check every part of the truck, tapolin , they will woo you they have some bags to sell, they only trying to sell your goods to you.

Thanks for this info but nobody does these and be successful in life both the quran and bible already curse them..
So anybody in the act of ripping others off will surely face the warrant of Almighty God
If client price low and u think the price or deal didnt make sense to u or u will not make any gain or much gain u expect
Kogba kodija God will surely connect with better clients that will pay Good amount

Ise koni owo Alubarika Loju but lot of ppl don't know this..
warafanahu monkana aliya to all Legit Hustlers Worldwide

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChiefSupplier55(m): 7:57am On Feb 17, 2020
Good morning
Good people of this thread

It another beautiful week I pray for great success to you all in all your endeavor and may all your hustle be bless this week. Amen

Go fort and be successful. Amen

Check me out
https://www.nairaland.com/chiefsupplier55

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 8:21am On Feb 17, 2020
All the best to you all out there this week...

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Perfecttouchade: 8:25am On Feb 17, 2020
Happy New Week in Nairaland. Great week for us all.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 9:08am On Feb 17, 2020
Gud morning here, happy wonderful new week , as we are going out this day I pray almighty GOD will visit us in all our ways, in Jesus name (amen ). Kindly visit us on ur
-Aluminium windows
- roofs both roofing carcass's and covering,
- stainless hands railings
Wasshap adedward to this no, 08135810794
Or call me to this no 08107201532, thanks

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 9:38am On Feb 17, 2020
money121:

Thanks for this info but nobody does these and be successful in life both the quran and bible already curse them..
So anybody in the act of ripping others off will surely face the warrant of Almighty God
If client price low and u think the price or deal didnt make sense to u or u will not make any gain or much gain u expect
Kogba kodija God will surely connect with better clients that will pay Good amount

Ise koni owo Alubarika Loju but lot of ppl don't know this..
warafanahu monkana aliya to all Legit Hustlers Worldwide
well said, this is why people remain suppliers while their mates have progressed to be main distributors, people remain roadside mechanic while their mates have fixed-site workshop owned. People will be bricklayers for the whole of their lives while others had progressed to be Engineers!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 9:46am On Feb 17, 2020
erico2k2:

well said, this is why people remain suppliers while their mates have progressed to be main distributors, people remain roadside mechanic while their mates have fixed-site workshop owned. People will be bricklayers for the whole of their lives while others had progressed to be Engineers!
Gbam
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 9:59am On Feb 17, 2020
Adedward:
Gud morning here, happy wonderful new week , as we are going out this day I pray almighty GOD will visit us in all our ways, in Jesus name (amen ). Kindly visit us on ur
-Aluminium windows
- roofs both roofing carcass's and covering,
- stainless hands railings
Wasshap adedward to this no, 08135810794
Or call me to this no 08107201532, thanks
you guys should follow the new world order, try and change ur ways and adopt new methods of marketing, it would not kill you to put cost and Dimensions when you show these works and also show works on site so we don't think all you do is marketing cos we frown on this here.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by emman44(m): 10:36am On Feb 17, 2020
adanny01:

We are here to learn, I am sure I will appreciate you if you analyzed the digester and its pros and cons.

I have done that here.. You can send me chat so I can explain more about it... Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by smarthousz(m): 11:02am On Feb 17, 2020
Watch out for this day, if you can supervise or work on building, this day is for you...

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by smarthousz(m): 11:05am On Feb 17, 2020
[b][/b]watch out for builders' day

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 12:27pm On Feb 17, 2020
What is the difference between paying for block setting per block vs per SQM?

I recently heard about paying SQM and they claim its supposed to be cheaper and easier to estimate Is this true?
Are you aware of this method? If yes, what's the rate to use?

Thanks

segzy14:

You don't need to pay 2000naira for the labourer after paying 50naira for each block. 30naira is payment for the bricklayer while 20naira is payment for the labourer.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by smarthousz(m): 12:57pm On Feb 17, 2020
Get value for your money...We offer smart building designs and construction ...contact us for quality and smart buildings

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by OmayieHenry(m): 1:05pm On Feb 17, 2020
Hello people... Please i need two different shops ASAP within the location of gbagada/ifaco or surulere. Please mention me if you have or link me to anyone whom can
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 1:36pm On Feb 17, 2020
erico2k2:

you guys should follow the new world order, try and change ur ways and adopt new methods of marketing, it would not kill you to put cost and Dimensions when you show these works and also show works on site so we don't think all you do is marketing cos we frown on this here.
noted, will we do dat boss , u can check my tread for that sir, we have all the prices and those pictures, thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 2:01pm On Feb 17, 2020
Adedward:
noted, will we do dat boss , u can check my tread for that sir, we have all the prices and those pictures, thanks
Bravo,U av no Idea how that helps!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 2:03pm On Feb 17, 2020
megacontrol:
What is the difference between paying for block setting per block vs per SQM?

I recently heard about paying SQM and they claim its supposed to be cheaper and easier to estimate Is this true?
Are you aware of this method? If yes, what's the rate to use?

Thanks

Might be but trusted me from the eyes of a prospective landlord, stick to block counting, its easier to account for, that being said, you will be shortchanged anyhow you monitor but at least you know the figures U paid for when you count!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 2:13pm On Feb 17, 2020
erico2k2:

Might be but trusted me from the eyes of a prospective landlord, stick to block counting, its easier to account for, that being said, you will be shortchanged anyhow you monitor but at least you know the figures U paid for when you count!

It's good to also note that half block is counted as one full block. So you may supply 500 blocks to site, but may end up paying 530 for example. So it is the setting of the block they count per say instead of the actual block. If you supply 500 blocks to site, don't expect to pay for 500 blocks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spiceeamiee(f): 2:15pm On Feb 17, 2020
please can i see a picture?

ak22:

There is one American panel by name which I used recently is 17k in my area
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 2:24pm On Feb 17, 2020
diordaves:

It's good to also note that half block is counted as one full block. So you may supply 500 blocks to site, but may end up paying 530 for example. So it is the setting of the block they count per say instead of the actual block. If you supply 500 blocks to site, don't expect to pay for 500 blocks.
I know that, what I was saying was block laid being counted not block on the ground,

(1) (2) (3) ... (1320) (1321) (1322) (1323) (1324) (1325) (1326) ... (3668) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: diordaves(m), agoro2u and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.