Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,833 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1334) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4398834 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1331) (1332) (1333) (1334) (1335) (1336) (1337) ... (3668) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 12:51pm On Feb 28, 2020
earthrealm:
Does anybody know this type of ceiling, or who can do it for me.
It appears like plastor board is first nailed, and then the matte design is sprayed on it, giving it a nice mature look.
I saw it outside nigeria in several homes, and it looked really simple and nice. It was until i saw this old and damaged one that i kinda understood how it may have been done

it is drywall
use screen to nail it to the wood on the ceiling
You put Sheetrock over the drywall
Get the stuff for your desgin
see the two thing you need

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by boay(m): 12:53pm On Feb 28, 2020
Hi here
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mandex11: 1:44pm On Feb 28, 2020
Good day house.
Please any pop guy/man in the house? Around sangotedo axis? Please let's connect

Or

Drop you contact I will call you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tevanso(m): 2:34pm On Feb 28, 2020
saydfact:

13m2 and shd charge about 5k
bros u didn't add skirting o, or won't he pay for that .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tikristinimi21: 11:01pm On Feb 28, 2020
Good evening house

What is the price range for water tank stand for just a tank of about 2000 litres.

Thank you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 12:29am On Feb 29, 2020
*Notice*
Just incase you can't afford
Concrete parapet��‍♂

*Aluminium parapet*
Is Affordable and Unique

See more @: https://www.nairaland.com/3364135/roofing-sheets-cost-various-types/76

For Enquire Call/Whatsapp 08085310359

CHECK THIS OUT

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kaz4sure2015: 7:15am On Feb 29, 2020
Good morning house

Please can someone advise me on the estimated number of cements and workmanship of laying 1000 blocks for fencing. Please do not consider plastering of the fence, just block laying.

Your prompt response will be highly appreciated
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by vboss(m): 9:12am On Feb 29, 2020
Hello Good Day

Please i received what I think is an outrageous estimated cost for plumbing ( just piping) for my 3 bedroom bungalow.... It has 4 toilets ( 3 masters / 1 visitor), a Laundry and kitchen, all with hot running water . Material used is IPS. Please how is it different from PCV? I'm tired

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 10:08am On Feb 29, 2020
Please where can I buy customized mattress size in lagos at an affordable cost?

Something like a semi-orthopedic mattress?

The type you determine the size and quality yourself, then buy clothing for it.

Help!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Geophilip: 12:45pm On Feb 29, 2020
vboss:
Hello Good Day

Please i received what I think is an outrageous estimated cost for plumbing ( just piping) for my 3 bedroom bungalow.... It has 4 toilets ( 3 masters / 1 visitor), a Laundry and kitchen, all with hot running water . Material used is IPS. Please how is it different from PCV? I'm tired
IPS stand for iron pipe size
PVC polyvinyl chloride pipe
the term IPS is use to describe a PVC pipe that has same thickness with iron pipes use for plumbing.
IPS pipe because of it thickness, flexibility and resistant to damage, give it an edge over PVC ie normal pipe, but for a residential house PVC is good you can use IPS for running the hot water system.

if you need my quotation, you can snap n send the drawing of the house and send it to me
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by vboss(m): 1:54pm On Feb 29, 2020
Geophilip:

the term IPS is use to describe a PVC pipe that has same thickness with iron pipes use for plumbing.
IPS pipe because of it thickness, flexibility and resistant to damage, give it an edge over PVC ie normal pipe, but for a residential house PVC is good you can use IPS for running the hot water system.

if you need my quotation, you can snap n send the drawing of the house and send it to me

Thanks boss...I appreciate your response , will send it to you ASAP
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by vboss(m): 1:55pm On Feb 29, 2020
Geophilip:

can you drop your contact Sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by earthrealm(m): 3:09pm On Feb 29, 2020
GoodFaith:

it is drywall
use screen to nail it to the wood on the ceiling
You put Sheetrock over the drywall
Get the stuff for your desgin
see the two thing you need

Thanks

Any idea if its available in nigeria, and possible cost?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by oyinmio: 3:38pm On Feb 29, 2020
oyinmio:
Good evening house, I just bought a 60 by 60 dry piece of land. I wna to put up the back fence and also do the side fence up to half height Below is the quotation the bricklayer gave me. Please help to assess it. Thanks

800 blocks 9" @ 220 each = 176,000
32 bags of cement @ 2800 = 89,600 plus trasport
one load of sharp sand 20cb = 55,000
one load of granite 15cb = 65,000
TOTAL 1 = 385,600
labour :
Excavation 20,000
Concrete base 20,000
Block walling 75,000
Concrete copping 25,000
Gate fixing 30,000
TOTAL 2 = 170,000

GRAND TOTAL = N 555,600
Please I need answers. Help.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 4:00pm On Feb 29, 2020
earthrealm:

Thanks

Any idea if its available in nigeria, and possible cost?
I don't live in Nigeria
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Boyhood: 4:25pm On Feb 29, 2020
Good day house, I plan to use a concealed cistern for my toilet due to space, the toilet/bathroom is small. Now the problem is I don't want to permanently conceal the cistern tank should in case there will be need for maintenance in the future. What other materials can I use for my toilet walls aside ceramic tiles? I mean material that can easily be removed and replaced during maintenance but will be water resistant to serve as good finishing for my toilet wall
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 4:26pm On Feb 29, 2020
Geophilip:

You are correct with the information given.
But if you look at the list you will noticed that what the plumber is trying to say there is TECHNOGREEN pipe ( there is a product tagged IPS on there ppr pipe).
So the plumber doesn't mean galvanized pipe according to his list.
So he using the pipe for both HOT and COLD water line for the work which is very correct
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 4:42pm On Feb 29, 2020
vboss:
Hello Good Day

After checking your plumber quotation I can see that the quantity of the materials is not too much.
But cost of each item depends on your area, but I must tell you the price I’m seen here is not that too high but you can still negotiate with him to reduce it a bit
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 4:55pm On Feb 29, 2020
Boyhood:
Good day house, I plan to use a concealed cistern for my toilet due to space, the toilet/bathroom is small. Now the problem is I don't want to permanently conceal the cistern tank should in case there will be need for maintenance in the future. What other materials can I use for my toilet walls aside ceramic tiles? I mean material that can easily be removed and replaced during maintenance but will be water resistant to serve as good finishing for my toilet wall

You can use cladding panel materials.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Geophilip: 5:03pm On Feb 29, 2020
vboss:
can you drop your contact Sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Geophilip: 5:10pm On Feb 29, 2020
rotecch77:

You are correct with the information given.
But if you look at the list you will noticed that what the plumber is trying to say there is TECHNOGREEN pipe ( there is a product tagged IPS on there ppr pipe).
So the plumber doesn't mean galvanized pipe according to his list.
So he using the pipe for both HOT and COLD water line for the work which is very correct

yes sir.
the IPS pipe doesn't mean it a galvanized pipe
IPS means iron piping size, it means the pipe he wants to use has same size in term of thickness or diameter (OD) compared with galvanized pipe.

IPS pipe are use for special project, ordinary running of cold water for house, PVC is a sure bet. I use or advice the use of IPS pipe for agricultural project all this irrigation stuff...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 5:16pm On Feb 29, 2020
Geophilip:

yes sir.
the IPS pipe doesn't mean it a galvanized pipe
IPS means iron piping size, it means the pipe he wants to use has same size in term of thickness or diameter (OD) compared with galvanized pipe.

IPS pipe are use for special project, ordinary running of cold water for house, PVC is a sure bet. I use or advice the use of IPS pipe for agricultural project all this irrigation stuff...

Yea, we are on the same track on this
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by vboss(m): 7:05pm On Feb 29, 2020
rotecch77:

After checking your plumber quotation I can see that the quantity of the materials is not too much.
But cost of each item depends on your area, but I must tell you the price I’m seen here is not that too high but you can still negotiate with him to reduce it a bit

Thanks Bro, this is a relief
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hargbo(m): 7:15pm On Feb 29, 2020
Adeoba10:

I need the delivery at Eleweran Abeokuta, at the back of the police barracks
kindly pardon for the late reply,
The trailer guy i talked to agreed to deliver to eleweran @18k per trailer... mostly if they are collecting laterite from the dumpsite, its around 4k and the cost of transport should not be more than 10-13k... cheers, if you are ready, chat me on WhatsApp 0️⃣8️⃣1️⃣0️⃣5️⃣0️⃣2️⃣7️⃣0️⃣0️⃣9️⃣, and I will link you to my supplier

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hargbo(m): 7:29pm On Feb 29, 2020
I need a good bricklayer and good Borehole company for a project here in Abeokuta, am open to good recommendation. Thanks Guys
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 7:36pm On Feb 29, 2020
Hargbo:
I need a good bricklayer and good Borehole company for a project here in Abeokuta, am open to good recommendation. Thanks Guys
I can link you up with one.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 7:38pm On Feb 29, 2020
For your Architectural designs and building constructional works: contact OAK Group. we deliver the best.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Boyhood: 8:15pm On Feb 29, 2020
rotecch77:

You can use cladding panel materials.
Yeah, thanks for that idea.. I have actually been thinking of using the common PVC we use here in Nigeria for ceiling but then I had some doubts it could serve.but when u mentioned cladding panels ( before now I was thinking it's only the external panels used especially on public buildings are called cladding panel) I had to check again and I understand that the cladding PVC could also be the PVC ceiling boards.
Again, I have seen plastic materials like that in toilets abroad but I kept wondering till now how they fixed it because It didn't look like the common ones we have here in Nigeria

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by earthrealm(m): 8:25pm On Feb 29, 2020
GoodFaith:

I don't live in Nigeria

ok, no wonder, i saw it in the US, seemed pretty common there, as i saw it in 2 homes i visited.
wish its available in nigeria
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 8:31pm On Feb 29, 2020
Boyhood:

Yeah, thanks for that idea.. I have actually been thinking of using the common PVC we use here in Nigeria for ceiling but then I had some doubts it could serve.but when u mentioned cladding panels ( before now I was thinking it's only the external panels used especially on public buildings are called cladding panel) I had to check again and I understand that the cladding PVC could also be the PVC ceiling boards.
Again, I have seen plastic materials like that in toilets abroad but I kept wondering till now how they fixed it because It didn't look like the common once we have here in Nigeria
This is way simple, seriously we over build here.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:06pm On Feb 29, 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 10:04pm On Feb 29, 2020
earthrealm:

ok, no wonder, i saw it in the US, seemed pretty common there, as i saw it in 2 homes i visited.
wish its available in nigeria

Looks like "Pop-corn sealing" to me.
If so, may be @Dominionng" may be able to know it.

Hajji M.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1331) (1332) (1333) (1334) (1335) (1336) (1337) ... (3668) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: CELEBRITYSAND and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.