Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1342) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4395556 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1339) (1340) (1341) (1342) (1343) (1344) (1345) ... (3668) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 9:50pm On Mar 11, 2020
tikristinimi21:

Its a bungalow sir...

Go for concrete.... you can use the space beneath it as an external floor...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chazblagos(m): 9:56pm On Mar 11, 2020
I need a mini bus (a.k.a Kowope or small doctor) on hire purchase. If you have or willing to buy,or You know someone that needs a driver for it.
please reach out to me
I live in Ajah area of Lagos state
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tikristinimi21: 10:24pm On Mar 11, 2020
saydfact:

Go for concrete.... you can use the space beneath it as an external floor...

Thank you for your prompt response sir.However,I don't understand what you mean by space beneath as an external floor.

@saydfact,I seriously appreciate this response at this time because I know you are currently watching Liverpool vs Athletico match
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 11:25pm On Mar 11, 2020
tikristinimi21:

Thank you for your prompt response sir.However,I don't understand what you mean by space beneath as an external floor.

@saydfact,I seriously appreciate this response at this time because I know you are currently watching Liverpool vs Athletico match

Store **r
Lol
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 9ijalazy(m): 6:47am On Mar 12, 2020
olaleye2real:
Point of correction sir, we are not the one that destroyed the wall like that is the tiler guys that remove the tiles from the wall sir, we don't destroy house sir ... Thanks
https://www.blogginglord.com/nigerian-senator-introduces-bill-to-ban-use-of-generators-in-nigeria-proposes-10-year-jail-term-for-sellers/
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 9ijalazy(m): 6:47am On Mar 12, 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 9ijalazy(m): 6:48am On Mar 12, 2020
Chazblagos:
I need a mini bus (a.k.a Kowope or small doctor) on hire purchase. If you have or willing to buy,or You know someone that needs a driver for it.
please reach out to me
I live in Ajah area of Lagos state

https://www.blogginglord.com/nigerian-senator-introduces-bill-to-ban-use-of-generators-in-nigeria-proposes-10-year-jail-term-for-sellers/
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 9ijalazy(m): 6:48am On Mar 12, 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yinkaoke(f): 7:57am On Mar 12, 2020
Boyhood:

The cost depends on your location and design of the burglary but the normal normal normal type you can get at ±5k
Many thanks boyhood
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tevanso(m): 9:56am On Mar 12, 2020
Cindino20:

Abeg make una help me with referral...na beg i dey cheesy cheesy wink...direct contact please...
call Daniel 0906 174 0390 he is a Togolese
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hollaryincar(m): 11:56am On Mar 12, 2020
Ogas in the house, I need your opinion

I was advised to use 9" brick block for my foundation perimeter and 6" for inner walls and then continue building with 6".

Any specific advantage of using 9" block to 6" block for foundation perimeter?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by victoronwukwe(m): 1:38pm On Mar 12, 2020
bobkezel:
Is there any roofing wood supplier or seller in here that is based in uyo? Dm me

Good day sir. We provide roofing services at CLASSY. You can call/whatsapp me on 08132131972... For any enquiries you want to make. I'll be happy to help
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Biztech05(m): 1:42pm On Mar 12, 2020
Though the idea is not bad,but much needs to put In consideration; Nature of land, heights of foundation and span of walls.

6" block can be used through in construction of bungalow and when above listed factors has been considered.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Biztech05(m): 1:45pm On Mar 12, 2020
hollaryincar:
Ogas in the house, I need your opinion

I was advised to use 9" brick block for my foundation perimeter and 6" for inner walls and then continue building with 6".

Any specific advantage of using 9" block to 6" block for foundation perimeter?

Though the idea is not bad,but much needs to put In consideration; Nature of land, heights of foundation and span of walls.

6" block can be used through in construction of bungalow and when above listed factors has been considered.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 2:06pm On Mar 12, 2020
Boyhood:

The cost depends on your location and design of the burglary but the normal normal normal type you can get at ±5k
. I did this one 10k thick materials with anti rust,

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Boyhood: 4:09pm On Mar 12, 2020
Adedward:
. I did this one 10k thick materials with anti rust,
That's why I said the cost depends on the materials, design and your location. Well with your design as seen on the picture, I think that 10k is just ok
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hollaryincar(m): 5:28pm On Mar 12, 2020
Biztech05:

Thanks for your input sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tikristinimi21: 7:00pm On Mar 12, 2020
saydfact:

Store **r
Lol

Thank you for prompt response sir and sorry about Liverpool's loss yesterday. We go again and we always Never Walk Alone!

Please what does it take to do a concrete water tank stand. Average cost of Materials and Labour ( what are the materials needed).
Thank you sir!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 11:24pm On Mar 12, 2020
QSFemi:
I'm glad you found it helpful.

If you ever need the services of a quantity surveyor, I will gladly be your plug.

At what cost/rate?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olaleye2real(m): 11:41pm On Mar 12, 2020
Good day everyone
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChiefSupplier55(m): 12:39am On Mar 13, 2020
who is here tonigh sight this t

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 2:32am On Mar 13, 2020
When don't just blab.
We Design it. We build it 99% accuracy level.
Oh Yeah. We can sign to that. We don't just design, we understand the importance of good construction.

See Design VS Construction � Images Below.
Client is a Nairaland member.

See the project more here: https://www.nairaland.com/4366831/7-bedroom-duplex-construction-lakowe

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 6:18am On Mar 13, 2020
IFEBARBIE:
can one see tiles like this in Nigeria?
i deal with such tile sir if you don't mind you can https:///2347087953771 so that i send you their sampls and price sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yinkaoke(f): 7:12am On Mar 13, 2020
I need a quick advice good people
I just concluded filling my house and set for flooring BUT my bricklayer wants another money to wet d filling with water to have it further settle for possible balance as there is still some laterite left. Again he wants another money for ramming before the proper flooring commence which has its own labour fees.

Please do l have to pay for wetting and then ramming after paying to spread d laterite ?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 9:00am On Mar 13, 2020
yinkaoke:
I just concluded filling my house and set for flooring BUT my bricklayer wants another money to wet d filling with water to have it further settle for possible balance as there is still some laterite left. Again he wants another money for ramming before the proper flooring commence which has its own labour fees.

Please do l have to pay for wetting and then ramming after paying to spread d laterite ?

Where is the water coming from?

If your are buying water at the site, then buy. If you have a borehole, then pay your bricklayer a labour fee to pour water.

Ramming, yes, you need to pay.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by eddybongo101: 9:17am On Mar 13, 2020
yinkaoke:

you dont need to pay for wetting, if you have borehole on site, just connect hose to the tap and run it over the surface for 14 hrs, it will naturally settle and you sand fill again to make up level. human movement on site wii also ram/compact the laterite.
If your project have a time line, you can hire a small compactor to ram the soil.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by IFEBARBIE: 10:42am On Mar 13, 2020
yinkaoke:

Yes, he needs to water it well so that it can be compacted very nicely. He's on point. If left not compacted well can cause pot holes or "craters". I did same for mine

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 12:12pm On Mar 13, 2020
Gud afternoon house, gets ur windows done by adedward , this is one of our achievement here on nairaland, happening now now, around ibadan, verbricate on site, get ur own down by calling adedward today, 08135810794, or 08107201532,

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 1:42pm On Mar 13, 2020
Happy Builders Day.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jeff68: 3:57pm On Mar 13, 2020
The roof you did at my site is still leaking, please go and fix it!!!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 7:58pm On Mar 13, 2020
We can agree that on the phone.

Call me on my business number : 09012800750

davodyguy:

At what cost/rate?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Tiztonio(m): 8:12pm On Mar 13, 2020
Original J&B wires and cables with pure copper and complete 100metres in length available

1mm- N3,700
1.5mm- N4,900
2.5mm- N7,900
4mm- N13,000
6mm- N20,000
10mm- N31,000
16mm- N47,000

Contact us on : 08083108100
We are Located in Benin city, Edo state.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1339) (1340) (1341) (1342) (1343) (1344) (1345) ... (3668) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.