Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1346) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4397959 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1343) (1344) (1345) (1346) (1347) (1348) (1349) ... (3668) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 12:22pm On Mar 17, 2020
Valentine87:
Hello house. Just to ask some questions.

What is the advantages & disadvantages of building a contemporary bungalow house over the other normal high roof type??

The idea is to build something more unique and the same time manage cost.

why do people like COCACOLA OVER PEPSI?
Why do you support Barca and I support Liverpool (for eg)

CHOICE

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Seyilome(m): 1:13pm On Mar 17, 2020
saydfact:

CHOICE
Oga forget it, Coca-Cola has lost its great taste, now Pepsi taste better, Pepsi over Coke. Use another illustration thanks

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valentine87: 1:46pm On Mar 17, 2020
Thanks so much bro, but what I’m asking is the advantages and disadvantages between the both!!

saydfact:

CHOICE
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by businesstation(m): 3:07pm On Mar 17, 2020
Looking to Buy, Rent or Sell your property?
Find our from our array of clientele, individuals and corporate bodies alike how was their experience. Yes we can help source, let, sell your property too.
Contact us at Properties Station Limited (PSL) as we are committed to the provision of allied real estate product and services.
For more enquiries please call/chat: 08087850228, 08178706253
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 5:00pm On Mar 17, 2020
Valentine87:
Thanks so much bro, but what I’m asking is the advantages and disadvantages between the both!!

NONE if both is well done with quality and adequate thickness of materials

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ollykay619(m): 7:17pm On Mar 17, 2020
Horlardorjah:
except you want to run solar)inverter for your house, that main lounge/dining/ante arrangement is not good enough for ventilation.

Are you referring to me sir?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tikristinimi21: 7:22pm On Mar 17, 2020
saydfact:

Whats is the height of the concrete stand or height of the building (very important), number of tanks you want to place on it (important)... and the soil type.

Note: If its a waterlogged soil, I'll ask for a design by an Engineer before attempting to..

Goodluck

It's just to the height of the roof of the bungalow.The land is solid and its for a single 2000 litres tank.
Thank you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 7:40pm On Mar 17, 2020
victoronwukwe:

What kind of woodwork is required? Is it woodwork for Aluminium or Stone coated??

It's a stonecoated roof

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by victoronwukwe(m): 8:38pm On Mar 17, 2020
Muyi002:

It's a stonecoated roof

Okay. WhatsApp me... I'll link you up with a good carpenter...

https:///2348132131972
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Takoro13(m): 8:51pm On Mar 17, 2020
bobkezel:

What kind of roofing sheet are u using?
Short span roofing sheet. Done and dusted. Alhamdulillah

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 9:27pm On Mar 17, 2020
Takoro13:

Congratulations baba. Ahead ahead.
How much is the short span now, and how many bundles did u use?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:36pm On Mar 17, 2020
Takoro13:

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 9:46pm On Mar 17, 2020
DFAMEGUY11S:
Hello good evening everyone, yah am here to supply you building materials such tiles , marble, granite, sanitarey wares and doors for those maybe interested https:///2347087953771
E-mail us osinachicolins20@gmail.com

Location divine plaza shop 215-220 by our father line, odun-ade market, badagry expressway lagos
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johnadelaide00: 10:24pm On Mar 17, 2020
Pls how can this defect be solved.

Cracks shows up whenever its dry season

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hargbo(m): 10:45pm On Mar 17, 2020
ollykay619:
Good day everyone, below is the labour cost and rough estimate of material for a four bedroom bungalow (attached is the floor plan) given to me.

LABOUR
Setting out # 20,000
Digging of foundation 70,000
Casting of foundation # 40,000
Filling of foundation # 70,000
Casting of slabs # 80,000
Setting of Block # 270,000
Casting of lintel # 30,000

MATERIALS:
4500 pieces of Block
10 load of Gravel
9 load of Sand
220 bag of cement

I am mostly concern about the labour cost because I would be on-site to monitor the use of materials.

Please is the Labour cost fair? Or High?

Location is Ibadan
Beat down the block setting to 225,000

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hargbo(m): 10:46pm On Mar 17, 2020
Seyilome:

Oga forget it, Coca-Cola has lost its great taste, now Pepsi taste better, Pepsi over Coke. Use another illustration thanks
What about Bigi Cola...

Awon geng thread derailer
grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hargbo(m): 10:52pm On Mar 17, 2020
Johnadelaide00:

Firstly, You need to make sure your roof is not leaking o.
The solution is for you to regash, redress and shine the crack line .. just call any Pop guy to come with a bit of POP powder and FILAX, It will do the trick

But before doing all this check your roofing for leakage and your walls for ground moisture seepage
grin grin grin

Cheers
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Tiztonio(m): 11:07pm On Mar 17, 2020
Original J&B wires and cables with pure copper and complete 100metres in length available

1mm- N3,700
1.5mm- N4,800
2.5mm- N7,800
4mm- N12,900
6mm- N20,000
10mm- N31,000
16mm- N47,000

Contact us on : 08083108100
We are Located in Benin city, Edo state

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valentine87: 5:40am On Mar 18, 2020
Thanks so much for your contribution I appreciate...

Sincerely it seems like the Engineers and the Architects in this forum doesn't really know or cannot explain properly in a reasonable & understandable manner the deference between the two type of buildings...... sad sad

saydfact:

NONE if both is well done with quality and adequate thickness of materials
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johnadelaide00: 6:09am On Mar 18, 2020
Thank you but its not the POP it is the wall that is cracking and its affecting the POP. The main problrm is the cracking wall
Hargbo:

Firstly, You need to make sure your roof is not leaking o.
The solution is for you to regash, redress and shine the crack line .. just call any Pop guy to come with a bit of POP powder and FILAX, It will do the trick

But before doing all this check your roofing for leakage and your walls for ground moisture seepage
grin grin grin

Cheers
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Perfecttouchade: 6:22am On Mar 18, 2020
Johnadelaide00:
Thank you but its not the POP it is the wall that is cracking and its affecting the POP. The main problrm is the cracking wall
I knew of someone with similar experience too and noticed thesame goes to everyone in that environment, only those that did German floor and DPc were safe... recently spoke with someone on the issue and was told that if only they had done those things stated, they wont be going through such and the cracks keeps coming from different places, like close to door frames, wall demarcation areas etc...the cracks are always increasing during dry season too, someone suggested we break those crack regions and fill with small 8" rods or bottles then dress with good quantity of cement..

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 7:20am On Mar 18, 2020
ollykay619:

Are you referring to me sir?

yes sir and the previous drawing seeking for roof members quotation as well. lots of amendments can still be done on them
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ollykay619(m): 7:32am On Mar 18, 2020
saydfact:

I believe it is fair (if the 4500 blocks are correct)..

Price it down a bit (especially the block setting can still come to 220k, 230k, 240k) or to whatever you both agree on; but note - its fair

Thanks.
Please pardon my ignorance, I am a bit confused on two of the terms above.

Casting of foundation and casting of slabs.

They seem like the same thing two me i.e German floor.

Please enlighten me

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ollykay619(m): 7:35am On Mar 18, 2020
Hargbo:

Beat down the block setting to 225,000

Okay. Thank you sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ollykay619(m): 7:35am On Mar 18, 2020
Horlardorjah:

yes sir and the previous drawing seeking for roof members quotation as well. lots of amendments can still be done on them

Okay. Thank you sir. I will work on it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Cindino20(m): 8:24am On Mar 18, 2020
tevanso:
call Daniel 0906 174 0390 he is a Togolese

Thank you very much
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Cindino20(m): 8:25am On Mar 18, 2020
nifty247:
Call 09035779321 or send me a message on WhatsApp +966595543700

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Akin4sure: 9:12am On Mar 18, 2020
Place your order for this new shoe rack for sale for 10k per one , order on Whatsapp on 07051805606

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:21am On Mar 18, 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KIDfurniture(m): 9:45am On Mar 18, 2020
My brother if it's not the blocks that us cracking . It's nothing. If na just the plaster na the quality of the sand cause am. Best advice is to apply screeding pop paint . It will cover everything up one time.

Johnadelaide00:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Takoro13(m): 11:53am On Mar 18, 2020
bobkezel:

Congratulations baba. Ahead ahead.
How much is the short span now, and how many bundles did u use?
Thanks
Short span price depend on products ranging from sumo to aarti to champion etc. Price range from 17000 to 23000 per bundle. I used two for facial and outside ceiling, Fourteen and three pieces for roofing to make it 16 bundles three pieces.

Alhamdulillah
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Takoro13(m): 11:55am On Mar 18, 2020
Johnadelaide00:

This is one of problems facing here (ILESA). Some claim the foundation is faulty forgetting the state of the land as a whole. Google can help with the likely solution, sr.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1343) (1344) (1345) (1346) (1347) (1348) (1349) ... (3668) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.