Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,858 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:36 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1384) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4370225 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1381) (1382) (1383) (1384) (1385) (1386) (1387) ... (3662) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nosa111(m): 2:53pm On May 12, 2020
Thank you sir
adezie:

For the one bedroom can he move the kitchen and bathroom to where the living room and bedroom are, so that the living room and bedroom can have more windows and ventilation.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nosa111(m): 2:55pm On May 12, 2020
Where would you prefer the visitor toilet should be sir ??
jabolo:

For the 3 bed, too many external (security) doors would be required with the Kitchen and Laundry each having their own terraces. It should be possible to have a combined terrace for both of these while bringing in some of that area for internal use.

Also, do you really have to go out to via the porch to use the Guest toilet? I'm not used to this in modern houses - is it so the gateman can use it too?

Good luck.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jabolo(m): 3:08pm On May 12, 2020
Nosa111:
Where would you prefer the visitor toilet should be sir ??

It is normally off an ante room else a side of the living room. I find it unusual you have to leave the front door to go to that toilet but maybe it's acceptable for other people.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 3:22pm On May 12, 2020
gbadexy:

A high pigment regular emulsion was applied with roller.
The primer was used for this project.

Is this cheaper than POP?

Please educate me, ahead of my ongoing project.

I know POP smoothen surfaces, but if this can do same at cheaper cost, ill go for this

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 3:47pm On May 12, 2020
davodyguy:

Is this cheaper than POP?

Please educate me, ahead of my ongoing project.

I know POP smoothen surfaces, but if this can do same at cheaper cost, ill go for this
It's cheaper than screeding sir. it's a thick emulsion applied in multiple coats. a drum would give an average of 25 sqm for full multiple coats.
A drum is N4500.
https://www.nairaland.com/5690061/before-after-painting-ibadan-project

The primer was used for this project.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 5:04pm On May 12, 2020
Money121 Still Remain No 1. LEGIT DEALER OF ROOFING MATERIALS ON NAIRALAND����

Read more Testimonies here >> https://www.nairaland.com/3364135/roofing-sheets-cost-various-types/81

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 5:39pm On May 12, 2020
money121:
Money121 Still Remain No 1. LEGIT DEALER OF ROOFING MATERIALS ON NAIRALAND����

Read more Testimonies here >> https://www.nairaland.com/3364135/roofing-sheets-cost-various-types/81
How do you calculate the required square metre of roofing material?

The gross floor area of my design is 30m * 7m.
How many sqm will be required to roof it?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 5:44pm On May 12, 2020
davodyguy:

How do you calculate the required square metre of roofing material?

The gross floor area of my design is 30m * 7m.
How many sqm will be required to roof it?

We cal. Base on woodwork reason why we come in when client complete his or her woodwrk
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by valencia2012(m): 5:56pm On May 12, 2020
I may have found what I've been searching for. This cladding tile is close to it. I'll therefore contact the persons involved.
I apologize to all whose jobs, quotations, emails and adverts I turned down. I chose what's best for me. All the bests.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abdomox: 6:02pm On May 12, 2020
gbadexy:

Both pictures are matte finish. The first 2 is without primer, the last 2 is with primer.

Many thanks.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KezManAluminum: 6:09pm On May 12, 2020
Hello Everyone,
We are offering our client discount on any job done with us.

We offer the following services.

More about us.

We are a registered company in nigeria,

We Deal with all kinds of Aluminum fabrication works such as

Aluminum wardrobe,

sliding doors,

sliding windows,

casement windows,

Wall Paper,

Window blinds e.t.c...

Call 08073750596 or Chat me up http:///2348073750596

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nosa111(m): 6:25pm On May 12, 2020
Thank you sor! This is highly appreciated
jabolo:

It is normally off an ante room else a side of the living room. I find it unusual you have to leave the front door to go to that toilet but maybe it's acceptable for other people.

Good luck.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 6:31pm On May 12, 2020
valencia2012:
I may have found what I've been searching for. This cladding tile is close to it. I'll therefore contact the persons involved.
I apologize to all whose jobs, quotations, emails and adverts I turned down. I chose what's best for me. All the bests.

Please report back with the info on this for prices and where available. I am also personally interested. Thank you.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ahmedonia4real(m): 7:20pm On May 12, 2020
Good day house! Please how much do they install pop ceiling pqm in Lagos now? Site is at ikorodu

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by valencia2012(m): 7:31pm On May 12, 2020
mufutau55:

Please report back with the info on this for prices and where available. I am also personally interested. Thank you.

Hajji M.
Sure.
I expect that it will be expensive. But I rather spend now than having to paint my building periodically after completion. Am pouring in all cash meant for plastering and painting into this version of cladding tiles.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:43pm On May 12, 2020
ahmedonia4real:
Good day house! Please how much do they install pop ceiling pqm in Lagos now? Site is at ikorodu
from 3500 upward.. I heard prices of cement has increased now

Cc dominionng

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uchemac2: 8:48pm On May 12, 2020
Good evening everyone, if you are working on a new building project, and you need quality concrete stamp, interlocking stones, interior design or borehole drilling, reach out to Sheba Ent Constructions on +2348160838898 to get at affordable rates.
https://seconstructions.com.ng

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mank1234(m): 8:53pm On May 12, 2020
Since this is a thread to discus anything and everything in building, I believe this short review may benefit anyone who might come across it tomorrow.

Before I go into it, I would like to give details of how I go about my due diligence before I transact with anyone I meet online moreso a faceless forum like this. True some monikers have face and contact associated with them but still the risk is still much.

First, I follow people I love their work whom I may like to transact with in the future. I follow all their post. I read about all their mentions - positive and negative feedback. I troll them to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and even Google. This is in a bid to ascertain their personality especially having been taught a lesson by an online photographer I contracted for wedding photography. I learnt my lessons early enough - I'm grateful to that guy though.

Secondly, it's true that anyone who cannot be trusted in little matters cannot be trusted in big matters. If I ask for price and you ask me to contact you via whatsapp or email, it's a clear sign of a potential rip off. If you're genuine, you should have a standard price accessible to everyone. Also, if we agree on an item called X and you send an item called Y, no matter how good your intentions is or even if item Y is better than X, it's already a bad deal. I value integrity. I look through for this traits. Sticking to a single moniker for years is also good.

Thirdly, I value feedback and good, quality communication.

On this note, I want to say that money121 met this criteria and has done marvelously well and is worth recommending to others. I'm a novice when it comes to quality of roofing material. I had to therefore thread with caution.

I followed him for 5 years, and had not seen any negative review about him. So for me, it wasn't difficult trusting him. I paid him in full and he didn't change the terms of the contract. I was supprised when he sent videos of the loading of the goods as I wasn't expecting that. He was in constant communication all through the period even when the goods was in transit for 3 days due to lockdown.

My commendation also goes to my carpenter. He's not here anyway. He's good and I won't hesitate to recommend him.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 10:37pm On May 12, 2020
mank1234:
Since this is a thread to discus anything and everything in building, I believe this short review may benefit anyone who might come across it tomorrow.

Before I go into it, I would like to give details of how I go about my due diligence before I transact with anyone I meet online moreso a faceless forum like this. True some monikers have face and contact associated with them but still the risk is still much.

First, I follow people I love their work whom I may like to transact with in the future. I follow all their post. I read about all their mentions - positive and negative feedback. I troll them to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and even Google. This is in a bid to ascertain their personality especially having been taught a lesson by an online photographer I contracted for wedding photography. I learnt my lessons early enough - I'm grateful to that guy though.

Secondly, it's true that anyone who cannot be trusted in little matters cannot be trusted in big matters. If I ask for price and you ask me to contact you via whatsapp or email, it's a clear sign of a potential rip off. If you're genuine, you should have a standard price accessible to everyone. Also, if we agree on an item called X and you send an item called Y, no matter how good your intentions is or even if item Y is better than X, it's already a bad deal. I value integrity. I look through for this traits. Sticking to a single moniker for years is also good.

Thirdly, I value feedback and good, quality communication.

On this note, I want to say that money121 met this criteria and has done marvelously well and is worth recommending to others. I'm a novice when it comes to quality of roofing material. I had to therefore thread with caution.

I followed him for 5 years, and had not seen any negative review about him. So for me, it wasn't difficult trusting him. I paid him in full and he didn't change the terms of the contract. I was supprised when he sent videos of the loading of the goods as I wasn't expecting that. He was in constant communication all through the period even when the goods was in transit for 3 days due to lockdown.

My commendation also goes to my carpenter. He's not here anyway. He's good and I won't hesitate to recommend him.

cry cry cry this Give me joy any time a client's wrote review about my services thanks so much for trusting me with ur money
Have vow to Almighty God i will never let my client down...
Really appreciate this..

Money121 still Remain No 1. Legit dealer of Roofing materials on Nairaland..

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 11:20pm On May 12, 2020
valencia2012:

Sure.
I expect that it will be expensive. But I rather spend now than having to paint my building periodically after completion. Am pouring in all cash meant for plastering and painting into this version of cladding tiles.

I know where you are heading. I hope the quality of the tiles/stones hold up as they use oven baked bricks over here to do that, and it lasts for ever. No plastering of blocks first, they just use it to cover the blocks with water-proof cement to hold it together. It beats external painting anytime and can be blaster-washed to clean like new.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by stanleyalpacino(m): 11:42pm On May 12, 2020
valencia2012:

Hello Sir,

From the picture you uploaded I can see the stone brick tiles. I will upload some pictures of the stone brick tiles used in wall cladding here tomorrow.

NB: I can supply this to you. Granite and marble Inclusive.
You can contact me to quote you the best prices.

Cc mufutau55
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dominionng(m): 5:22am On May 13, 2020
twinskenny:
from 3500 upward.. I heard prices of cement has increased now

Cc dominionng
Thanks for the mention boss.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dominionng(m): 5:27am On May 13, 2020
ahmedonia4real:

Precast ceiling with screeding: 4,000/sqm

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by valencia2012(m): 5:30am On May 13, 2020
mufutau55:

I know where you are heading. I hope the quality of the tiles/stones hold up as they use oven baked bricks over here to do that, and it lasts for ever. No plastering of blocks first, they just use it to cover the blocks with water-proof cement to hold it together. It beats external painting anytime and can be blaster-washed to clean like new.

Hajji M.
Affirmative!
My neighbours and many others here in Germany used it and it's so amazing. Imagine the rains doing the cleaning and washing of the exterior walls with every downpour for over 3 decades.
I'll get some clear pictures and dates of the jobs done when I pass by.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 7:23am On May 13, 2020
Consult Oak Group today for a clear interpretation of your dream house. We Design and Build. We can send you our portfolio if you want. 08108408732 call/whatsapp
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by peaceland(m): 7:50am On May 13, 2020
Good day House,
I am looking for effective solution to external wall lines. More prominent where rainfall clusters from roof do drop. Thanks. Photo attached

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 7:57am On May 13, 2020
TIMB13:
Please what are the prices of all the long span Aluminum Roofing types currently?

Also the price of 2x4x12 wood??

Thank you
2*4= 600
2*2=300
Longspan aluminum 0.45=1,350 full guage
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 8:10am On May 13, 2020
valencia2012:
please is it Brunofarad services you are using?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 9:11am On May 13, 2020
morning house, please I need the price for this door. thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChiefSupplier55(m): 11:41am On May 13, 2020
Horlardorjah:
morning house, please I need the price for this door. thanks

Which kind of door exactly do you need
Steel door
American panel
Aluminum door
https://www.nairaland.com/4715480/showroom-right-site-assorted-door
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Tiztonio(m): 12:26pm On May 13, 2020
J&B Wire and Cable is now the toast of builders, not just in Nigeria, but in other African countries Namely: Ghana,Togo, Niger, among others.

As we all know, made in Nigeria wire and cable is the best in the world.Other countries in Africa look up to Nigeria for wire and cable. The Federal Government is doing a wonderful job in this regard. The Standard Organization of Nigeria is enforcing compliance and standard.
Its quality and standard is the best among others and 100 meters complete. It has affordable prices and very low to compare with others. Save your money and insist on J&B Wire and cable.

MISSION STATEMENT:
*To sell J&B Products and also use it to empower Nigerians.
*To reduce the teeming unemployed population in the country.

PRICES OF J&B WIRE AND CABLE
Although prices have been unstable in the past weeks because of the current pandemic ravaging our country, J&B wire and cable is still affordable to our rising customer base

Original J&B wires and cables with pure copper and complete 100metres in length available

1mm- N4,000
1.5mm- N5,200
2.5mm- N8,400
4mm- N14,000
6mm- N21,000
10mm- N33,500
16mm- N50,000

Benin city and environs

08083108100, 09060137371
E-mail: fbcinternationale@gmail.com

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 1:32pm On May 13, 2020
valencia2012:

Affirmative!
My neighbours and many others here in Germany used it and it's so amazing. Imagine the rains doing the cleaning and washing of the exterior walls with every downpour for over 3 decades.
I'll get some clear pictures and dates of the jobs done when I pass by.

Yes, you are definitely right. Pls keep me posted on the pics. Thanks.

Hajji M.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1381) (1382) (1383) (1384) (1385) (1386) (1387) ... (3662) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: amosblac, dangoteinlaw, folmus and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.