Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,973 members, 7,821,406 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1387) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4409021 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1384) (1385) (1386) (1387) (1388) (1389) (1390) ... (3670) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 8:14am On May 15, 2020
Benoxvals:
Pls how do I embark in fencing 2 plots of swamp land.I need a clue please.The people I took to the land don’t have a professional experience.

https://www.nairaland.com/3735984/comfortable-housing-building-swampy-waterlogged

Goodluck
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enyinne(f): 8:23am On May 15, 2020
Thank u Oga mi quote author=saydfact post=89564236][/quote]

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 8:24am On May 15, 2020
Amastermovic:

As d poster above said raft ..but d clue is at what level water rise in such area ..do u have a river very very close by ..because most times swampy area are plain which when d water table rises its meant to keep the spillage ..

exp I have a site dry season water table is below 700mm but when d river rise d height of water is above 2 meters..

All said above is d clue. so ask around or look for tress or ur neighbor fence to determine this u will see d damp part from previous water and pls if u want to d raft make sure its done well not d one that d concrete will be like sand and later collapse due to pressure ..d footing should be adequate

Benoxvals: i noticed someone adviced on 1500mm; that could be a disaster about to happen.. THE QUESTION IS: what's your highest water level....

Great advice by OP here, footing should be INVERTED T if possible

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enyinne(f): 8:27am On May 15, 2020
Ok thank u
yak:

very close to what I got in Abeokuta
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 9:09am On May 15, 2020
[/b]Do you have some plots of lands or few ones you wanna build on? Are you thinking on how to go about it?
Maybe you don't even know what to erect on it.
Consult OAK Group today and laugh last.
We will help you get to the top by simple advice and affordable architectural designs.
08108408732. call/whatsapp
uncleteeh@gmail.com[b]

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DankemzI(m): 9:58am On May 15, 2020
Abdomox:
Hello House,

Please need professional advice on exterior screeding. Is it worth it? Also are there any new paints that will cater for unscreeded walls (except texcoats). Thanks.
Exterior wall screeding helps the wall not retain rain water

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DankemzI(m): 10:06am On May 15, 2020
jammer777:

Paying for the whole work, I'm not buying materials.
Thanks.
For your Landscape job; we're your best plug. affordable and durable. Stamped concrete or Interlock we got you covered! We produce interlock in your site, recent job done by yours faithfully
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DankemzI(m): 10:08am On May 15, 2020
saydfact:

Are you paying to lay the interlocks? or planning to buy?

1. if buying, visit the nearest seller - quality and thickness, colour and texture, location too determines price

2. If you mean how much for workmanship (laying) - its between 350 /m2 to 500/m2 depending on your workers and maybe location.

Goodluck

we can produce and lay, open to travel around the nation depending on the total sqm
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DankemzI(m): 10:10am On May 15, 2020
rmx:

Your job looks good , where are u based ?

I have 2 commercial projects , malls to be precise under construction in ibadan , might be interested in your services

Link us up for Landscaping & Hardscaping.
Stamped concrete and Interlocks we got you covered at an affordable rate
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 10:22am On May 15, 2020
We do interior designs
Not just plan alone.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enyinne(f): 11:00am On May 15, 2020
Please can someone tell me latest price of 16mm and 12mm iron per ton .
Location ajah and mainland .
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 12:10pm On May 15, 2020
Abdomox:
Pls any supplier of victoria skirting boards?
Kindly drop contact details.
you may contact this person:08028774186
They deal in skirting and laminated wood tiles.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abdomox: 1:43pm On May 15, 2020
gbadexy:

you may contact this person:08028774186
They deal in skirting and laminated wood tiles.

Many thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by HealthCas: 2:37pm On May 15, 2020
Good day all,
Please how much is the estimated cost of bricklayer workmanship for 20 openings (windows and doors)

Also the cost for iron bender workmanship for 20 lengths (unit)
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bovijean: 2:46pm On May 15, 2020
Life evolves.So does designs
Contact me for you contemporary POP ceilings at affordable prices
WhatsApp 08144621992

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 2:51pm On May 15, 2020
How many square meters are in one full length of aluminium roofing sheet?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 5:33pm On May 15, 2020
Let's be sincere with ourselves, Dulux is in a league of its own and not to be compared to any locally made paint for those that choose to go high end. There's a reason different class and grade exists in all product category.

Yes one savse cost by choosing alternative product if it meets their minimum spec but quality cannot be the same.

gbadexy:

In furtherance of my advice, you would save close to 50% in cost with no noticeable difference if you use regal paint.
you would even likely pay much for far much less if you involve a third party to get you those brands.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 5:45pm On May 15, 2020
ChiefSupplier55:

thanks message sent
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 5:47pm On May 15, 2020
megacontrol:
Let's be sincere with ourselves, Dulux is in a league of its own and not to be compared to any locally made paint for those that choose to go high end. There's a reason different class and grade exists in all product category.

Yes one savse cost by choosing alternative product if it meets their minimum spec but quality cannot be the same.

That's your opinion sir.
I supplied a marketer of behr american paint silk to make up the shortage she had and the client didn't notice any difference and she later started her on outfit with her customer base and I supplied her.
Another american woman brought some paint and her tenant contacted me to supply her extra gallons to finish the job and she confirmed she couldn't notice the difference.
If you use your Dulux and I use my silk which is higher in quality than satin, only you would know which one yours is.
I can't begin to post screenshots of positive reviews on my WhatsApp or narration of neighbor telling a client he used that same brand for his external.
At the end of the day, very few people in the neighborhood would bother what brand is used but admire the quality.
I've posted two different nairaland clients building that I sent my painter to wash the external matte after over 2 years. You could put your preferred choice to similar test or we could do fresh ones and test.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Engrgreg231(m): 6:25pm On May 15, 2020
chidexy:

Please go for POP. It's safer, more durable and look good aesthetically. I considered using Innoson for part of my project, but when I got a quote from them and compared it with the cost of doing POP, I had to beat a retreat. If you don't have all the fund at once, you can realise the project in bits. I have completed now almost 300 square meters
please how many bag of 40kg pop cement do I need to complete 171sqr meters of ceiling
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Engrgreg231(m): 6:26pm On May 15, 2020
Please how many bags of 40kg white cement is enough for 171sqr meters
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 6:51pm On May 15, 2020
Depends on ur roof measurement, they will cut it according to ur roof measurement,[quote author=omanzo02 post=89578083]How many square meters are in one full length of aluminium roofing sheet
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 7:55pm On May 15, 2020
do you also do the regular fabric blinds as well?
Say if i have a job that requires a combination of the fabric blinds and the new roll up blinds.

Where are you situated?

[quote author=KezManAluminum post=89528473][/quote]

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 1:00am On May 16, 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mazipaschal27(m): 2:45am On May 16, 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mazipaschal27(m): 2:50am On May 16, 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AyeMaDaFunMi: 3:19am On May 16, 2020
EgunMogaji2:
I’ve been asked to share this on here. I’m going through the process on one of my properties.

Thanks.

Hello. I'm looking into doing this as well.

I don't live in Nigeria and it's been difficult getting in touch with anyone in the lands office.

Would you happen to know if you need to be in Nigeria for any step in the process?

Also, would you happen to know if family can submit the form on the land owners behalf? I have relatives on ground that have the original documents.

Lastly, the online form doesn't have land as an option. Do you know if this is only for those that have buildings on their land?

I know this is a shot in the dark, but I can't connect with anyone in the lands office. I appreciate any questions you can answer.

Thank you EgunMogaji!

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 3:34am On May 16, 2020
AyeMaDaFunMi:

Hello. I'm looking into doing this as well.

I don't live in Nigeria and it's been difficult getting in touch with anyone in the lands office.

Would you happen to know if you need to be in Nigeria for any step in the process?

Also, would you happen to know if family can submit the form on the land owners behalf? I have relatives on ground that have the original documents.

Lastly, the online form doesn't have land as an option. Do you know if this is only for those that have buildings on their land?

I know this is a shot in the dark, but I can't connect with anyone in the lands office. I appreciate any questions you can answer.

Thank you EgunMogaji!

1) COFO is not something that I’ll completely entrust to another party without direct oversight.

2) This particular one seems to be particularly geared towards occupied property. I had that question but as you’ve seen its practically impossible to get in touch with anyone. Maybe try email.

3) There’ll be other opportunities in the future.

Good luck Sir.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AyeMaDaFunMi: 3:55am On May 16, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

1) COFO is not something that I’ll completely entrust to another party without direct oversight.

2) This particular one seems to be particularly geared towards occupied property. I had that question but as you’ve seen its practically impossible to get in touch with anyone. Maybe try email.

3) There’ll be other opportunities in the future.

Good luck Sir.

Thank you Sir.

I tried email too, but no luck.

Luckily, I have a relative I can trust 100%. If they are allowed to handle it on my behalf, they will.

Good luck with yours as well.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abdomox: 4:38am On May 16, 2020
AyeMaDaFunMi:

Thank you Sir.

Luckily, I have a relative I can trust 100%. If they are allowed to handle it on my behalf, they will.

Hello. Please how did you get the online form? The website is not functional.

You can call their hotline 070069652637 for all needed info.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 5:54am On May 16, 2020
AyeMaDaFunMi:

Thank you Sir.

Take good care of that person, it’s rare in this current Naija we dey.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1384) (1385) (1386) (1387) (1388) (1389) (1390) ... (3670) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.