Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,870 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1416) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4419541 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1413) (1414) (1415) (1416) (1417) (1418) (1419) ... (3673) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 7:56am On Jun 12, 2020
Someone posted here sometime ago that he could supply wood directly from outside Lagos at very good rate, i think he mentioned from Ijebu or so.

Please reply or quote me if you're the one and i'll fish out the post.

We need quite a bit of wood and may consider that option if price works out better than Oko-baba or other Lagos markets.

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 8:25am On Jun 12, 2020
Presently
Soft wood 1x12x12(Sawmill@N1300-1500each)
Soft wood fadala 1x10x10 @N1100-1200each
2x3x12(sawmill)@N380-400each
2x3x10(solo) @N300-320each
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by raymondFirstborn(m): 8:37am On Jun 12, 2020
megacontrol:
Someone posted here sometime ago that he could supply wood directly from outside Lagos at very good rate, i think he mentioned from Ijebu or so.

Please reply or quote me if you're the one and i'll fish out the post.

We need quite a bit of wood and may consider that option if price works out better than Oko-baba or other Lagos markets.

Thanks

Contact HSL broker, he supplied wood to my site from ijebu.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 10:06am On Jun 12, 2020
elengine:
Prof and the experienced in the house. What can I do to avoid water leaking from my bathrooms on the ist floor to the ground floor. It is duplex and we have started tiling but someone said the bathroom may be leaking if I don't protect it now before it is tiled. He said no matter how good the tiler is, it will still leak. Pls I need advice. Thanks.

I would suggest..

1. Running your plumbing before tiling. This because during the deck stage, some pipes may be broken and tracing it will be alot harder after Tiling.

2. Buy a water sealant, or tell your tiler to buy it, and let then mix it lavishly with the cement used for bathroom tiles.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 10:18am On Jun 12, 2020
dbshaywhy:
Good morning professionals and Ramadan Kareem too to all Muslims in the house...
Am much grateful for your contribution towards towards successful completion of my site to roofing stage, am glad I all have a beautiful virtual brothers and sisters here in the house,thanks so much.

Now, am about to roof and ceil my simple "A unit 3 bedroom flat and 2 units room and parlour self contained"... The quotation given to me by the carpenter is really much, right from materials down to workmanship(Grand Total =#1,749,000) ... Please I Need your utmost advice and assistance.

And more so, what's the experience from getting the planks through those timber cutters operator, rather than getting it at sawmill?

You are spending over 600,000 for slate. Why not just use 0.45mm aluminium Might even be the same cost or just a little bit more.

Is your project in the east? Cos 1x12 facial cannot be 2500 o.. Max is 1700 to 1800.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by paparazzi82: 10:41am On Jun 12, 2020
Esotechng:

Hello all, thanks for this wonderful forum. Pls help a broda, am about to do my decking i need some helpful info.
How many bags of cements do i need to cast a 4bedrooms duplex with attached aroom an a palor?
It has 2 staircase, and to big front pillars.

Thanks for ur advice.

I use 130 bags for mine but it was 3bedroom duplex and 2bedroom flat attached. U can buy 150bags but make sure on the day of casting, you re on sight from morning till they finish to avoid stories

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Sparekey(m): 12:34pm On Jun 12, 2020
raymondFirstborn:

I would give you a 24hrs lecture on contract law if you care to listen.

I have an HND in Quantity Surveying , OND Civil Engineering , PgD Construction management & MSC (in view).If you are not aware, quantity surveyors can act as arbitrators .Have you ever heard of JCT?
At the moment, I lead a 6man team of building professionals.(architects and builders inclusive)
Our head office is at adekunle awobiyi close, Ogba, Lagos. With our branch office at ikorodu.

Not everyone on this platform is a greedy hustler.
If you had paid more attention, you would have noticed I said "we" not "I".

Good day and sorry to bother you. I studied Quantity Surveying HND, and intend going for my PGD. Please how long did your PGD take and which sch ?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by raymondFirstborn(m): 12:46pm On Jun 12, 2020
Sparekey:

Good day and sorry to bother you. I studied Quantity Surveying HND, and intend going for my PGD. Please how long did your PGD take and which sch ?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by raymondFirstborn(m): 12:47pm On Jun 12, 2020
Sparekey:

Let's not derail the thread.
Send me a mail. raymondfubara@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Sparekey(m): 12:57pm On Jun 12, 2020
[quote author=raymondFirstborn post=90585509]

Let's not derail the thread.
Send

I just sent you a mail.

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 1:14pm On Jun 12, 2020
Is there a way to tell the difference between Tower, Nigalex and EBM aluminum profile for casement windows??

Are there signs or anything to tell them apart?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 1:49pm On Jun 12, 2020
damoche64:
How much likely to finish this building (carcass)? I guess is 2bed 4 flats.

So far we've spent about ₦13m and as at type, we're just to commence decking of the ground floor.

Piling ₦4m
Pile cap and ground beam ₦2m
Ground Slab ₦3m
Setting of blocks, columns and decking ₦4m

Another ₦10m is required to finish and move in

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 2:25pm On Jun 12, 2020
davodyguy:

So far we've spent about ₦13m and as at type, we're just to commence decking of the ground floor.

Piling ₦4m
Pile cap and ground beam ₦2m
Ground Slab ₦3m
Setting of blocks, columns and decking ₦4m

Another ₦10m is required to finish and move in

Wahala dey o. So for foundation work alone just under 10mil don go fiam!!! The good Lord is your strength.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 2:40pm On Jun 12, 2020
Badgers14:
Is there a way to tell the difference between Tower, Nigalex and EBM aluminum profile for casement windows??

Are there signs or anything to tell them apart?

The quality of Nigalex and EBM will tell them apart.
But for Towers, many imported come real close that they can interchange and pose as Tower. I hope there such a sign on them to for identification, but I haven't seen any.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 2:42pm On Jun 12, 2020
Let's get to meet you. We provide comfortable abode for you. At OAK Group, meeting our Client's demands is essential, tendering a design that flows with this era having the future in mind is quintessential.
Just get us your survey. We dig deep and deliver ultimately.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 2:48pm On Jun 12, 2020
KolaShangOne:
I would suggest..

1. Running your plumbing before tiling. This because during the deck stage, some pipes may be broken and tracing it will be alot harder after Tiling.

2. Buy a water sealant, or tell your tiler to buy it, and let then mix it lavishly with the cement used for bathroom tiles.

And doing pressure test is a good idea after plumbing, even before plastering. That can tell you if you have a leakage.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 2:53pm On Jun 12, 2020
diordaves:

Wahala dey o. So for foundation work alone just under 10mil don go fiam!!! The good Lord is your strength.

Oga Diordaves.... get me away from waterlog land anyday o.
I no dey for that wahala, may be becos I be kobo-kobo man ni o. Even FREE waterlog or swampy land, I no want o.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 2:55pm On Jun 12, 2020
uncleteeh:
Let's get to meet you. We provide comfortable abode for you. At OAK Group, meeting our Client's demands is essential, tendering a design that flows with this era having the future in mind is quintessential.
Just get us your survey. We dig deep and deliver ultimately.

Try to water-marked your images with your name, phone numbers and other info on them. Better for you.

Note: I am not encouraging any advertisements here o.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bigcee(m): 3:14pm On Jun 12, 2020
Please guys, what is the current price of:

*Laterite
*Absorbent filling sand
*Sharp sand
*Concrete
(20 tonne)

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jabolo(m): 5:09pm On Jun 12, 2020
mufutau55:

Try to water-marked your images with your name, phone numbers and other info on them. Better for you.

Hajji M.

No 'koboko' for advertising?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KingMicky3286: 6:20pm On Jun 12, 2020
paparazzi82:

I use 130 bags for mine but it was 3bedroom duplex and 2bedroom flat attached. U can buy 150bags but make sure on the day of casting, you re on sight from morning till they finish to avoid stories

How many bags of cement can deck the two rooms?

The area marked x is not included.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 6:38pm On Jun 12, 2020
Wow! That is nice sir...
God bless you
Dennis3D:

Find attached a site plan of semi Detached 4 Bedroom Duplex on a plot smaller than Lagos plot size of 60/120fit.

This one is on 50/100fit - 450Sqm. Mostly found in other cities in Nigeria with Abuja inclusive.

So if you need a detailed design. We can do that for you. That's the layout. Here. We partner with property developers too who want a prototype that is unique and significant to only them.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 6:40pm On Jun 12, 2020
Alrt, thanks for the analysis
megacontrol:
The post said 3 duplexes (not 4 like you mentioned).

And that is not unusual these days i must say - 1 fully detached in front and 2 semi detached behind - as shown in the initial layout illustration.

Whats left is then minor details for implementation. but yes, very possible and commonplace in lekki.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 6:41pm On Jun 12, 2020
Alrt sir, I think I misunderstand you, I don't know its 3 duplex.
Dennis3D:

I would drop a site plan layout of it by tomorrow here... I don't do 4 duplex on a plot. I do 3 Duplex... Again here is the site plan. And it's OK a plot of 60/120fit
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 7:34pm On Jun 12, 2020
Weldon's sir, I saw on your signature that you make block on site. Someone in this forum need your help on how many block can be made from one bag of cement...pls help
KolaShangOne:

You are spending over 600,000 for slate. Why not just use 0.45mm aluminium Might even be the same cost or just a little bit more.

Is your project in the east? Cos 1x12 facial cannot be 2500 o.. Max is 1700 to 1800.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aventures(m): 8:02pm On Jun 12, 2020
omanzo02:
The decking was being done when it rained last night, and the washed sand spots appears, my engineer is assuring me it has no implications on the work nor the decking structure but I am a bit sceptical. Is that true?
if the concrete has been set a little before the rain, and moreso if the concrete mix is Rich there may not be any problem. But I will advise you do the integrity test on the concrete after.maturity for the sake of your peace of mind.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 9:23pm On Jun 12, 2020
mufutau55:

Oga Diordaves.... get me away from waterlog land o.
I no dey for that wahala, may be becos I be kobo-kobo man ni o. Even FREE waterlog or swampy land, I no want o.

Hajji M.

Oga Hajji M, I say afraid catch me to see those figures just for foundation. There is nothing like a good quality land. Location is key but the quality of the land count for much as well.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 9:53pm On Jun 12, 2020
diordaves:

Oga Hajji M, I say afraid catch me to see those figures just for foundation. There is nothing like a good quality land. Location is key but the quality of the land count for much as well.

1 million percent agreed.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 9:55pm On Jun 12, 2020
jabolo:

No 'koboko' for advertising?

I don't support or encourage any advertisement here at all, but nobody listened and no Moderator to enforce the rules. So, I no fit shout anymore. I gave up o.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jabolo(m): 10:35pm On Jun 12, 2020
It is well with you Hajj.

One day a Moderator will take charge of this useful thread.

mufutau55:

I don't support or encourage any advertisement here at all, but nobody listened and no Moderator to enforce the rules. So, I no fit shout anymore. I gave up o.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 2:44am On Jun 13, 2020
jabolo:
It is well with you Hajj.
One day a Moderator will take charge of this useful thread.

Abi o. I created this thread when I was a Moderator, but after being fired, I have no more control. Thx.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 6:18am On Jun 13, 2020
megacontrol:
Its scary reading that prices are on the rise again.

I also need lots of wood for a job soon.

So is there anyone here that can provide current prices for various wood sizes?

Okay, there have been a few people in the last one week who have stated they need wood for deckings and the price is visibly high.
My suggestion is: why cant you guys band together and contribute money to buy enough wood and then use it, one after the other?

Lets say each persons need of wood will cost 500K.
Contribute #250K each (totalling 750K) and buy EXCESS WOOD of 600K. Keep #150K as "Float" Money, to be returned if there is no use for it
You can even decide to buy Marine Plywood, instead of 1 x 12 Planks

Mr A will start and use with minimal damage but whatever is not useable after his use, will be replenished with the excess from the #100K.
Then the Woods are removed and Mr. B uses it and the process is repeated? If there is need to buy more wood, the FLOAT money will be used to buy it.
Finally, Mr. C will also go through the same process.
If Money is left, you all share it equally.
At the end of the day, all of you have achieved your desires and saved #250K each, minimum.
It can be done if everyone is honest and not greedy, not selfish.

Its just an idea that l think may work.

Lastpage!

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1413) (1414) (1415) (1416) (1417) (1418) (1419) ... (3673) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.