Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,845 members, 7,813,849 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:48 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1418) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4379718 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1415) (1416) (1417) (1418) (1419) (1420) (1421) ... (3665) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Walted0n: 8:42pm On Jun 13, 2020
rotecch77:

Sorry but why don’t you feel comfortable with your builder (a professional) haaa, unless may be he is not what you called him.

Lol... Well I'm not an expert, but I see most buildings here with 9". I felt 6 would be the minimum recommended. If there's no problem using 5, it's alright... Since there are columns.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Takoro13(m): 9:02pm On Jun 13, 2020
Chekitaut:
Ppl that need wood are in Southwest you recommending from Delta kindly give price from Delta. i may come lift wood.
which state are you talking about. I can give a reliable person that will give you farm price here. she really helped me in my project
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 9:09pm On Jun 13, 2020
Takoro13:

which state are you talking about. I can give a reliable person that will give you farm price here. she really helped me in my project
Lagos & Ogun
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by princemiah(m): 10:42pm On Jun 13, 2020
Hargbo:
Chief Well done o, is it a residential Building
yes it is. Do you have any?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by princemiah(m): 10:46pm On Jun 13, 2020
Reeefe:

The price of wood has not really increased that much I'm a wood dealer in Delta State and currently wood price has dropped..

The above suggestion are nice but I don't believe it has come to that.
how much are you selling 4x12 marine plywood
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by princemiah(m): 11:05pm On Jun 13, 2020
Chekitaut:
Let me help u, what is the size of decking? i will give you new marine board full sheet @ half price then take away after use. No cutting, 4nails on each board. you get wood 4 beam from 1x12 you buy.

Wood is difficult in market now. i doubt if u will see only if you hv a construction site near you, Carpenter will delay service if he is to bring wood & you will hv to buy damper proof to get good result.

You will need 62 flat sheet of marine board.
can we discuss privately? I’m interested in this deal
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lukkens: 4:26am On Jun 14, 2020
Good day,
Please I need advice on internal wooden door installation.
Strong and lasting type of wood to buy?

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Person2person(m): 6:07am On Jun 14, 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Person2person(m): 6:12am On Jun 14, 2020
lukkens:
Good day,
Please I need advice on internal wooden door installation.
Strong and lasting type of wood to buy?

Thanks

Goodmorning,

depends on your budget and you choice of finishings.

flush door....framed wood covered with thin layer of either plywood or MDF board.

skin door... it is best to frame the skin door with treated wood (parkingcase)

panel door.... the panel door has varieties and will require spraying for proper natural finishing

HDF door: this is about 3 layers of board bonded together to form the door....

NOTE: wooden doors are stronger and more expensive than foreign doors

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adesegun121(m): 7:52am On Jun 14, 2020
Another Longest Review about # ImranRoofing On Google

# TEAMLEGIT

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by deybhor(m): 10:54am On Jun 14, 2020
Please I am new here.

I want to ask how much can roof a building of 34ft by 27ft.

I think I did the conversion to 90m²(not sure I got it right)

I intend to use Longspan aluminum

And the roof plan is simple.

Please help
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 10:56am On Jun 14, 2020
For Your Electrical, Mechanical and HVAC design and installations,
You can visit our thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/1804476/complete-package-design-drawing-electrical

https://www.nairaland.com/1233943/contact-us-electrical-mechanical-plumbing/9

For original Cables
https://www.nairaland.com/2326721/nigerchin-kabelmetal-coleman-cables/14

Phone number 08033643191, 08051750560
whatsapp number : 08033643191

E-mail: atope23@live.co.uk, topselg.engineering@gmail.com
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 11:12am On Jun 14, 2020
Thanks man.
will check him out.

raymondFirstborn:

Contact HSL broker, he supplied wood to my site from ijebu.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dbshaywhy(m): 12:31pm On Jun 14, 2020
Adequate459:

Please be reminded
Got mine #215,000 in the month of April
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Reeefe(m): 12:40pm On Jun 14, 2020
princemiah:
how much are you selling 4x12 marine plywood

Message me on WhatsApp 08102983646
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Reeefe(m): 12:41pm On Jun 14, 2020
Chekitaut:
Ppl that need wood are in Southwest you recommending from Delta kindly give price from Delta. i may come lift wood.

What wood do u want?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Stevo30: 12:49pm On Jun 14, 2020
Thanks for this. I will be glad to have the referral to the smart surveyor. I don't know how the PM goes here.
One4me:

We have discussed this issue before.
The fact that a Professional body issued a price guideline, does not mean that is what Customers will pay or you should charge a Customer.
It is like when the Pepper Grinder Association just wakeup one day and raise dthe price of grinding Pepper to #100, no matter how small it is.
Smart Pepper grinders recognise that if you charge too much as your association suggested, you wont get customers and you will still have to pay Association fees but the smart ones will look at your Pepper and say, 'Okay, it is small, l will take #50 for this' and before youknow it, theyhave made a lot of money while the ones still insisting on Association price, are still yawning and waiting for their first customer.

I had a similar issue with my Welder.
He said their 'Association has said anytime they go to weld anything in a Customers compound, they must charge a minimum of #5,000, no matter how small it is. Because he has been working with me for awhile, he came to do the work (just to use fire cut a Padlock that we misplaced the key. One other welder who overheard our discussion when l said l will only pay #2,000, went to report him and their Chairman came to carry his Welding Machine, just infornt of my house, as the guy was about to leave.
Well, l ensured the Chariman and his assistant got locked up and chargedfor stealing. Apart from bailing themselves, they also paid for the fiancial loss' suffered by the Welder. Now that is an extreme case, l just dont like their overbearing attitude and l was determined to remind them that joining a Union is voluntary, by law. They have left him alone since them.
Unionism should not be solely to extort the Client, all fees should be reasonable.

There are Surveyors who are smart and will do a Plot for less than #400K, l know a few and it is genuine (that is the bargaining excuse they greedy ones use, they scare the customer that if it is cheaper than what their Union prescribed, it wont be registered at Alausa! Bullsheeet). I have used them twice in the last two years.
The person requiring a Surveyor can send me a PM and l will give him numbers of Smart Surveyors who will do it for #300K/Plot.
If you ask these #400K Surveyors why it is #400K, their best defense is That is what the Institute Prescribed or that is the standard fee!
Who says it is the Standard fee and what right do they have, to impose such exhorbitant price on Clients?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by paparazzi82: 1:59pm On Jun 14, 2020
Esotechng:

I use 130 bags for mine but it was 3bedroom duplex and 2bedroom flat attached. U can buy 150bags but make sure on the day of casting, you re on sight from morning till they finish to avoid stori

====================
Thanks sir.
Pls, like how many wood did u use, and what was the casting cost.? More grace sir.

1 x 12 x12 350
2 by 3 158
Bamboo 200
Paid 120k for casting
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abrahym(m): 2:46pm On Jun 14, 2020
Anyone recommend a good paint after doing my wall screeding
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 3:02pm On Jun 14, 2020
abrahym:
Matte or satin depending on your budget and preference for sheen.
They are flat coat with low to high sheen.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by paintlover365: 3:32pm On Jun 14, 2020
When you are done setting up the structure, I am an expert at surface finishing with new technology paint. I have paint for and apply paint on all surfaces like floor, wall, roof, tiles, swimming pool etc..08035093198 is the dial wink smiley

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by paintlover365: 3:42pm On Jun 14, 2020
abrahym:
Permolit paint will give your house a good finishing. They have different varieties depending on your need and budget wink

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Walted0n: 3:51pm On Jun 14, 2020
Happy Sunday nairalanders, I have a question o... How many bags of cement can a 10tons (1 trip) of sand mould?
Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SurveyorGeo: 4:09pm On Jun 14, 2020
Stevo30:
Thanks for this. I will be glad to have the referral to the smart surveyor. I don't know how the PM goes here.

Let us help you handle your survey needs, we guarantee peace of mind. whatsapp me on 08069018449

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mank1234(m): 5:00pm On Jun 14, 2020
When is the HDF frame and door installed?
Are both installed after tiling or before?

Person2person:

Goodmorning,

flush door....framed wood covered with thin layer of either plywood or MDF board.

panel door.... the panel door has varieties and will require spraying for proper natural finishing

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 6:33pm On Jun 14, 2020
Happy Sunday here,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Takoro13(m): 6:42pm On Jun 14, 2020
Chekitaut:
Lagos & Ogun
I de osun state here if you don't mind.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 6:50pm On Jun 14, 2020
Reeefe:

Message me on WhatsApp 08102983646
Put ur price here

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 6:51pm On Jun 14, 2020
Takoro13:
I de osun state here if you don't mind.
Post size & price

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 6:55pm On Jun 14, 2020
paparazzi82:

1 x 12 x12 350 2 by 3 158 Bamboo 200
Location?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by donbuchi1(m): 7:06pm On Jun 14, 2020
Person2person:

Goodmorning,

Thank you for the enlightenment.

Please of these four types you have listed above, which two would you recommend?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1415) (1416) (1417) (1418) (1419) (1420) (1421) ... (3665) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: topsy23, chairmanawe(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.