Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1470) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4415417 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1467) (1468) (1469) (1470) (1471) (1472) (1473) ... (3671) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ArcToyin(m): 5:54pm On Jul 18, 2020
joycluv:
A similar issue to this is that of Guest bedroom. Some think it should be accessed from the Living room, others think it should be from the Ante room thereby blocking the room from the main house. My question now is " what should be the right practice?"

Actually, the two have pros and cons and say is with the client. Some will decide to have it outside because they cannot contain visitors entering toilet or running to the toilet in their presence, take for instance, opposite sex in with a disturbing stomach. Also, toilet opening to the sitting room is a "no no" for some maybe because of how some will eject the toilet, smells etc. While some category will want to see how goes in and out etc. In this case, the decision is most likely with the client.
Furthermore, the design determines. There are some designs that is so space constrained that you only have one side to fix it, either outside or inside. There are designs too whereby the service wall and the sitting arrangement makes occupants back the vis toilet. In this latter scenario, i will have the door inside.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 7:50pm On Jul 18, 2020
money121:

Nice one brother
More client's
Imranroofing handle that Roofing project..

Read the Review the client wrote abt us

Call/Whatsapp 08085310359 For your Roofing Project
yes boss, I was told that u are the one roof the project, nice one sir, keep it up,

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tonididdy(m): 8:18pm On Jul 18, 2020
Ogborokiri:
can a 2bedroom flat and a self contain enter a half plot of land 50 by 50?
Yes

Modified: I didn't pay attention to the land measure.
My answer however still remain yes but a professional would be needed to manage your space.

...and yes you can still have a parking space for one car.

I know of a property in this liking...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 10:05pm On Jul 18, 2020
megacontrol:
Bituminous Felt membrane VS Chemical Admixtures ....

Which is more effective in the long run for waterproofing a roof slab with parapet walls which also serves as water tank deck and outdoor terrace space?

I had almost decided to go with the conventional bituminous felt solution until i recently stumbled on some projects where the chemical solution was used. The company (3sisters) claims their chemical admixtures option doesn't require maintenance unlike the felt that you have to redo every now and then.

1) Which of the two options is more effective and recommended and why? Assuming cost is not an issue, we just want the best solution.

2) Do have experience using the 3sisters company products? If not, can you recommend an alternative chemical admixture product.

Thanks

FORGET ALL THE STORIES YOU READ OR HEAR (I wrote it in capital letters).

Scudoplast (Bituminous Felt) is the best in this part of the world... Quote my name.

SaydFact.... I've used them all.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 10:15pm On Jul 18, 2020
Exactly my point, just stick to the felt we have known for long
jabolo:

Felt does indeed need to be entirely redone after some time - think between 15 to 25 years depending on how well it was done originally.

I have experience of this with felt roofing in temperate climate so I guess the lifetime will be even shorter in the tropics.

Consider this eventuality when you're constructing any tank structure atop the felt material.

Any alternative not requiring replacement is the 'uhuru' but there are many snake oil salespeople out there. This material would not have been tested long enough for them to claim its longevity and any warranty is useless since they'll not be around to honor this.

@megacontrol, DYOR and, if in doubt, stick with the tried and tested felt, making provisions for future replacement.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 10:15pm On Jul 18, 2020
Ogborokiri:
can a 2bedroom flat and a self contain enter a half plot of land 50 by 50?

Yes Yes yes
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:20pm On Jul 18, 2020
tonididdy:

Yes with enough parking space sef and a space that can take even another 3bedroom flat

Don’t mislead this man pls
How can 50*50 land space contains 2bedroom with mini flat as the the OP want it, then again the remaining space will take another 3bedrooms as quoted by you.

Haaba pls leave this type of questions for a professionals to handle or a good home onwers. With practical Experience

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 10:21pm On Jul 18, 2020
Pls can you explain better how that 3sisters work? I am hearing it for the first time
darenyx:

Personally, I would advice you to go with 3 sisters , the second picture you posted is actually the roof top terrace of my site at ikate , they are currently working there .. I have used bituminous felt severally and it’s not reliable.. 3 sisters 100%
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tonididdy(m): 10:58pm On Jul 18, 2020
rotecch77:

How can 50*50 land space contains 2bedroom with mini flat as the the OP want it, then again the remaining space will take another 3bedrooms as quoted by you.

Haaba pls leave this type of questions for a professionals to handle or a good home onwers. With practical Experience
... You don't have to be rude mister.
Only just now my attention has been drawn to the land measurement.
I had assumed it was a 50x100 and I gave regards as per what I assumed.

GN
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Perfecttouchade: 12:27am On Jul 19, 2020
For your Aluminium windows(Casement & casement burglary embedded), Sliding, Projected)doors(frameless doors), partitioning with Perfect Touch. whatsapp 08153665659. email: perfecttouchaluminium2012@yahoo.com https:///2348153665659✴️

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 1:15am On Jul 19, 2020
chemicool:
My question please, if you dig the ground for up to 6 feet on my site, you will have a normal well full of water. How can I go about my foundation in such a land? Not a wetland really. Please I need urgent answer because work will start soon.
If your top soil is sharp sand no need to do excavating put your raft on the top soil direct to the level above the road.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 1:51am On Jul 19, 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ogborokiri(m): 4:10am On Jul 19, 2020
saydfact:

Yes Yes yes
do you have any plan or know who can do that I need it please
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ahmedsuleiman(m): 4:40am On Jul 19, 2020
Are you really READY?

For what?

For a Beautiful 40units and more of 4 Bedroom Terrace Duplex with BQ and Fitted Kitchen
Price: 75 million Naira per Terrace
Title: Governors consent

With the following features/benefits you are going to enjoy.

Features/Benefits:
- 4bedrooms all ensuite
- Smoke detector/alarm
- Fully fitted kitchen with refrigerator, cooker hub, hood, heat extractor, microwave and oven
- Intercom system provided in the house
- sound system
- Sufficient parking space
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
For more info about this property kindly send a dm via WhatsApp or call: 08136113444.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ahmedsuleiman(m): 4:52am On Jul 19, 2020
JUST OUT.

Do you know that you can get your CofO (CERTIFICATE OF OCCUPANCY) PLOTS @IBEJU LEKKI.

For...

Price: ₦6m per plot?

Then... You will get to ENJOY this optimum and ultimate OFFERS awaiting you when you...

Buy 2plots and get one 300sqm free.
Buy 4plots and get one 600sqm free.
Buy 1acre and get 900sqm free.

This promo ends soon.
Contact us on: 08136113444 to get an instant allocation.

What else are you waiting for?

ACT NOW!!!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 6:53am On Jul 19, 2020
rotecch77:

���
well-done for this sir.

50*50ft is just 15*15m that is a half plot.
it can contain less.
the only advantage it has is to raise the Building to as many floors as possible.
Well, the ground floor may be designed only for parking.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Topmost11(m): 7:02am On Jul 19, 2020
https://www.globalnewsnig.com/exclusive-gosgra-properties-fraud-scandal/

What is the state of this issue. My sister has a stake there.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dejol88: 7:54am On Jul 19, 2020
My people, please help look at this plan and give your thoughts. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 8:48am On Jul 19, 2020
rotecch77:

EKI,OPEPE,MAHOGANY are in the same class Very strong wood for frame and panel door work
opepe and mahogany are not in same class bro. mahogany is quality than opepe. in a thousand ways.thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by playces: 9:41am On Jul 19, 2020
Good day gurus, in the process of doing oversite concrete (German floor), which comes first : DPM or Hardcore. It's a bungalow.
Awaiting ur responses

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yinkaoke(f): 10:20am On Jul 19, 2020
Good morning n happy Sunday great people of progress.
Please who knows of plaster sand from ltokin In Ogun? Please is it a white sand with much gums?

I need ur knowledge n experience of using the sand if okay?

Thanks for ur feedbacks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by darenyx(m): 11:14am On Jul 19, 2020
Abolarin91:
Pls can you explain better how that 3sisters work? I am hearing it for the first time

It not that complex, they apply a chamical substance admixture to already rendered/cemented surfaces , they substance of water proof and that’s what act as a water barrier ..

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Fistop: 11:18am On Jul 19, 2020
What is the best structure to put up on a 50X100 plot of land?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by amosblisz: 11:50am On Jul 19, 2020
Can I put a 4bedroom and 2bedroom on a 50 x 100 land with a parking space of say 3 cars (more like 3 canopies can fit in for occasions when need be)
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by amosblisz: 12:08pm On Jul 19, 2020
Also is it advisable to build this period (raining season) or wait till it's October/November (dry season) to start building. My builder is saying I can start moulding blocks on the site for now and thereafter start with the foundation.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Charisdesigns: 12:22pm On Jul 19, 2020
Fistop:
What is the best structure to put up on a 50X100 plot of land?
Anything for residential purpose would go, starting from 5 bedroom bungalow, duplex, few block of flats etc

However it is worthy of note that you the land owner is the determiner of what you want, then it is in the place of your contracted architect to help you manage your plot effectively

Attached is a design of 3 units of 3bedrooms duplex on a 15 x 100 plot

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dejol88: 12:31pm On Jul 19, 2020
@Charisdesigns, pls give your thoughts about the plan I posted above and criticize where possible .Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Charisdesigns: 12:32pm On Jul 19, 2020
amosblisz:
Can I put a 4bedroom and 2bedroom on a 50 x 100 land with a parking space of say 3 cars (more like 3 canopies can fit in for occasions when need be)

3 Canopies + Building to Approval standard No.

Designing for Site use Yes

The main constraints you might have is the 3 canopies.If it is space to park normal 3 cars, it is feasible.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Charisdesigns: 12:38pm On Jul 19, 2020
amosblisz:
Also is it advisable to build this period (raining season) or wait till it's October/November (dry season) to start building. My builder is saying I can start moulding blocks on the site for now and thereafter start with the foundation.

If it is a bungalow, you can wait till August break to commence. Nevertheless, you can still start now if you want to.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Charisdesigns: 12:55pm On Jul 19, 2020
dejol88:
@Charisdesigns, pls give your thoughts about the plan I posted above and criticize where possible .Thanks in anticipation.
Apart from the fact that your master bedroom is at the ground floor (which I suppose is how you want it) it atleast needs to be cross ventilated

Secondly, in my opinion (for security reasons) it is not ideal that the visitors bedroom, stairway, master bedroom share one unrestricted lobby.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 1:31pm On Jul 19, 2020
Oh OK! Just the same process for stamp concrete
darenyx:

It not that complex, they apply a chamical substance admixture to already rendered/cemented surfaces , they substance of water proof and that’s what act as a water barrier ..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 2:17pm On Jul 19, 2020
dejol88:
My people, please help look at this plan and give your thoughts. Thanks

This is a highly personal design and I can guess so done to suit how YOU want to live or retire.

This is not a STANDARD design so critiquing the design is just academic as I don't know your personal life chances and circumstances.

However going academic, why two kitchens? This is one of the reasons I think this is a personal design. It is uncommon to have two kitchens or kitchenette in a home.

Now the Master bedroom downstairs? Another personal design probably future planning for old age (retirement) when climbing stairs up and down will be difficult. IF this is the case, why not build a superb bungalow instead. What's the point of having a glorious home and you can't access all areas for whatever reasons?

So it is a five bedroom duplex, but with seven toilets? I don't know. But I think we (Nigerians) are obsessed with toilets. Toilets, toilets everywhere at all coners. The danger of this is not to cross that fine line of wanting to create a warm home and end up creating a cold impersonal hotel suits.

Overall, for me the design has too many walls, too many tight conners leading to some dark spaces with little natural light. The flow could be better. But that's me talking with zero information of how you want to live and the things you have experienced in your journey through life. These are the things that influence how we design our homes. Our journey through life.

If you have asked to critique a rental property, the story would be different. But a personal home? All I can say is the design is very achievable structurally.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1467) (1468) (1469) (1470) (1471) (1472) (1473) ... (3671) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.