Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,168 members, 7,849,609 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:48 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1493) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4475050 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1490) (1491) (1492) (1493) (1494) (1495) (1496) ... (3688) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by femilambor007(m): 4:04pm On Jul 31, 2020
omanzo02:

Do u mean 3 bedrooms set of flats?

No.. Just a 3bedroom down.. And another will be at the top
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Thenext: 4:08pm On Jul 31, 2020
Please I need your input on this plan. Anything to change? Please kindly criticize.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 4:18pm On Jul 31, 2020
Thenext:
Please I need your input on this plan. Anything to change? Please kindly criticize.

Not bad at all. Wish more light would flow into the living rooms of the flat though.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by aheadahead20: 4:35pm On Jul 31, 2020
olaleye2real:

Sir good morning,how many toilet do you want to install all this sir

Total WC to be installed is 24.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 4:53pm On Jul 31, 2020
Thenext:

What's the size of the plot?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Thenext: 5:07pm On Jul 31, 2020
Thank you... actually my concern about the flat is the room close to kitchen, hope it’s not a concern?
Although I informed my Architect and he said no issue about that.
EgunMogaji2:

Not bad at all. Wish more light would flow into the living rooms of the flat though.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Thenext: 5:09pm On Jul 31, 2020
30m by 21.6m
Badgers14:

What's the size of the plot?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 5:34pm On Jul 31, 2020
femilambor007:

No.. Just a 3bedroom down.. And another will be at the top
Ok...it actually depends on your location, The quotation seem reasonable if your builder is sure those materials can get the job done,......mine was 24mx12m and I used 280bags of cement 370 12mm rods, I didn't want to compromise on the important materials for a quality structure.

Rule of thumb: make provision for extra fund in case another story arises.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Biztech05(m): 5:36pm On Jul 31, 2020
A very happy *Eid Mubarak* from our office to you all.
May all our ibaadaat, supplications and all good deeds be accepted and May Allah the All Exalted forgive any shortcomings that happened knowingly or unknowingly. Ameen!
Happy Eid Mubarak

Biztech consult.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 5:37pm On Jul 31, 2020
Thenext:
Thank you... actually my concern about the flat is the room close to kitchen, hope it’s not a concern?

I saw that.

Maybe try this but I’m no architect.

Put the door in the lobby of the other bedrooms.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 6:10pm On Jul 31, 2020
Badgers14:

Do you mind sharing how you were able to accomplish an accommodation for emergency situations on your window protectors.. do you have any pictures?

What I meant is that my toilet, stores and some other smaller places have single iron protector. This single iron protector could easily be broken under intense pressure if you are in emergency situation and wants to eject or exit the building. You break the protector and exit. This will be difficult with those strong iron protectors embedded inside the window walls. However, if your area is prone to armed robbery and burglary attacks, please safety first. Go for strong iron protectors and cover the whole place grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 6:15pm On Jul 31, 2020
Focusmind:

What I meant is that my toilet, stores and some other smaller places have single iron protector. This single iron protector could easily be broken under intense pressure if you are in emergency situation and wants to eject or exit the building. You break the protector and exit. This will be difficult with those strong iron protectors embedded inside the window walls. However, if your area is prone to armed robbery and burglary attacks, please safety first. Go for strong iron protectors and cover the whole place grin

I like your idea though. I have been researching for alternatives to the prison - like window protectors.

Thanks for sharing.!!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 6:22pm On Jul 31, 2020
Thenext:
30m by 21.6m

Well, the reason I asked is the 3 bedroom flats seemed squished together... look at your site plan/ survey plan again and see if there are wiggle room to add more space. Maybe expand the length or width or both...

This will also give you more flexibility in addressing your concern about the kitchen door.

Yes, I am a Nairaland trained architect!!

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kunlebonik(m): 6:25pm On Jul 31, 2020
Since the beginning of the lockdown in Nigeria as well around the world, schools had been closed. It is an oppressive decision by the governmental agencies, in order granded many into poverty because they know that majority of the population are into education and service to God business. CONTINOUS closure of school and worship centres are provoking and oppressive, because since beginning of the lockdown, our leaders businesses never suffer one week loss. Covid 19 has come, it's like other diseases. Scheduling and managing things while working base on directive is what we need.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 6:46pm On Jul 31, 2020
Thenext:

It's a nice plan. We can give you Electrical and mechanical design . You can reach us 08033643191.

You can also visit our thread

https://www.nairaland.com/1804476/complete-package-design-drawing-mechanical/3

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Thenext: 8:42pm On Jul 31, 2020
Okay... thank you... I appreciate your input.

Badgers14:

Well, the reason I asked is the 3 bedroom flats seemed squished together... look at your site plan/ survey plan again and see if there are wiggle room to add more space. Maybe expand the length or width or both...

This will also give you more flexibility in addressing your concern about the kitchen door.

Yes, I am a Nairaland trained architect!!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by coldcandy: 9:07pm On Jul 31, 2020
Thenext:

Don't leave everything to the architect. As d homeowner, when u have a feeling that something is not right then its often 90 percent not right. And you are right in this instance.
The duplex side is ok to me oo. But it seems you want to collect 3 bdrm rent at all cost � from the other rentable flats thereby cramping the flats. Consider changing it to 2 bdrm. You can still hv 2 bdrm flats with premium finishing at a good rent. Moreover 3 bdrm attracts large families. You don't hv space for that.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 9:45pm On Jul 31, 2020
kunlebonik:
Since the beginning of the lockdown in Nigeria as well around the world, schools had been closed. It is an oppressive decision by the governmental agencies, in order granded many into poverty because they know that majority of the population are into education and service to God business. CONTINOUS closure of school and worship centres are provoking and oppressive, because since beginning of the lockdown, our leaders businesses never suffer one week loss. Covid 19 has come, it's like other diseases. Scheduling and managing things while working base on directive is what we need.
stop talking in the absolute nonsense sir.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 10:06pm On Jul 31, 2020
Rexology:

Please what is polystyrene and how does it look? Is it better than doing aluminum parapet?, Is it more expensive than aluminum parapet?

See someone's thread about it
https://www.nairaland.com/3726763/alternative-building-material-expanded-polystyrene

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Thenext: 10:07pm On Jul 31, 2020
Actually I would have gone for 2 bedroom flats but sometimes 2 bedroom flats are occupied by people that are not yet married which I tried to avoid.

coldcandy:

Don't leave everything to the architect. As d homeowner, when u have a feeling that something is not right then its often 90 percent not right. And you are right in this instance.
The duplex side is ok to me oo. But it seems you want to collect 3 bdrm rent at all cost � from the other rentable flats thereby cramping the flats. Consider changing it to 2 bdrm. You can still hv 2 bdrm flats with premium finishing at a good rent. Moreover 3 bdrm attracts large families. You don't hv space for that.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Beframia: 10:18pm On Jul 31, 2020
Hello Great People,
I am considering using Expanded polystyrene for the facia/parapet of my bungalow whose total perimeter is about 58m. What's the advantage/disadvantage of using this material as against the concrete counterpart? Do we have a seller/installer who can advise on the total cost (purchase and installation) for the simple 2 to 3 steps design? My location is Kaduna state.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 10:34pm On Jul 31, 2020
kunlebonik:

At the highlighted text, you're talking Bullshit.

How many teachers do we have in Nigeria?
How many pastors do we have in Nigeria?
On these thread alone, you'll have more than 50 People that are professionals in the built environment or into construction.

We have lawyers, Doctors, Architect, Market men and women, Tailors, food vendors, Agriculturists etc many of who are managing to survive and not claiming schools or religious centres should be opened
Banks are open, people selling tiles, mattress, planks, Cements, Sand, Granite, Blocks, auto part dealers, Mechanics, electrician, plumbers, structural engineer, land surveyor, QS are doing their respective businesses in peace. So where did you get your fact that majority are into education in Nigeria?.

In UK, USA, Italy and many more countries, religious centres and schools are still closed. Why are you making it a Nigerian issue?
Most schools have gone online, which is why Trump wanted to deport students, since there's no physical school activities. Who told you it's only in Nigeria that schools are closed?

2.5m human beings visit Mecca/Medina for Hajj, but this year and precisely today, about 1000 people were allowed for Hajj. Saudi Arabia makes billions of $ from Tourism, but they had to forget money and focus on human health

9 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Pompoms(f): 10:40pm On Jul 31, 2020
Same here. That's how I was shouting large windows for le hubbs but he gave me medium sized ones.
The next one sha, by God's grace.

n3xt:

Lovely windows. I love large and clean windows too.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 10:44pm On Jul 31, 2020
Abita23:
Pls tell me the cause these fence to change to green. we painted it last December 20019. It is a dry land. We used fine coat paint

Mr fonyeri as said it all bro.
the paint used there is not good...tho fine coat is one of the good product it's tested and trusted so is one of the product I used so definitely there's mix up.. secondly its effect of rain and due to fake paint that's why it quickly react cos is not even upto a year imagine so it look fishy bro.
may be you go for princess. next time and make sure it's scraped well before painting again and also not during this rainy period cos it's outside not inside so we need to tackle the issue...and are you really sure it's a dry land bro incase you buy the paint by yourself and not painter.. cos that kind of probs do happen at water land area it's only good paints can we stand it not kobokobo ones or abe Ile chalk paints.cheers.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 10:56pm On Jul 31, 2020
femilambor007:
Morning NLanders

Please what's the estimated to deck 3-bedroomflat.

And what are the things to watch out during the process.

Attached is the quotation given

Ese pupo

fair bro.
but tell him to state how many planks you are going to use for the decking and is price and workmanship also...just for compare and contrast my be I can supply you if the cost is higher.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 11:32pm On Jul 31, 2020
Thenext:
Actually I would have gone for 2 bedroom flats but sometimes 2 bedroom flats are occupied by people that are not yet married which I tried to avoid.

Maybe I’m naive but can’t you sort out the potential delinquents during tenant selection?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dreaizy(m): 12:10am On Aug 01, 2020
Please, can someone recommend good keys for main doors. The doors are metal. Also, the cost of the keys. thank you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 2:33am On Aug 01, 2020
Thenext:
send it to this email I work on it for you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yak(m): 2:57am On Aug 01, 2020
Thenext:

probably it's location dependent. I notice that ppl find 2bedroom more appealing than 3 bed. Meanwhile, most single ppl who are not planning to get married soon usually go for 1 bedroom or studio apartment.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:11am On Aug 01, 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 5:44am On Aug 01, 2020
valencia2012:
Hello Folks, I humbly crave your indulgence.........
My annual vacation this year might not hold due to the continued Covid-19 flight ban and other measures in place. Too bad that half way into the year, we still face uncertainties about 2020 especially in DIASPORA. And as a result, I might not complete my planned roofing of my 6 bedroom duplex this year.
The question is:
Could I do the parapet now and then the roofing next year?
For how long can i leave the parapet bare and exposed?
Could 10 days be enough to do the parapet and then the roofing if they must be done together?
Materials are no problem as a pal who owes me a favour is providing them from his shop.
Regards.

1. If your parapet is done well, you can leave it bare and exposed for years!!! Parapet contains structural members and therefore shouldn't expire. Just make sure to remove the formwork after proper setting and curing.

2. 10 days is not enough. It's advisable to put a minimum 7-day interval between parapet casting and woodwork.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1490) (1491) (1492) (1493) (1494) (1495) (1496) ... (3688) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: arcike(m), twinskenny(m), cash1115(m), Adedward(m), Olumighty123(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.