Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,081 members, 7,867,102 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 10:46 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1517) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4514951 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1514) (1515) (1516) (1517) (1518) (1519) (1520) ... (3698) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 11:35pm On Aug 11, 2020
Roofed by ImranRoofing
Call/Whatsapp 08085310359

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 11:39pm On Aug 11, 2020
[quote author=kopell post=92718900][/quote]is this supposed to be open gate of closed one.

Attached is a picture of something I call an open gate

And about your gate, the position of the door is wrong. It should be close to the center pillar. In fact they usually share the same pillar.

If you look at one of the pictures I shared, you will see the position of the smaller gate. That's where you place them.

Nice concept you have there though.

I believe that the last photo has some resemblance to your concept

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 11:50pm On Aug 11, 2020
Dominionng:

Very correct sir. Plasterboard, cement board and sidings are called sheetrock. Beautiful materials to work with. Creating this with them here in Lagos

What do you think about using plasterboard for external ceiling?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Fonyeri(m): 12:36am On Aug 12, 2020
We are available for all your painting and Italian decorative plaster finishes designs.
You can also use this link to check out our ongoing project. https://www.nairaland.com/6023199/interior-painting-decorating-nairalanders-4
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 1:01am On Aug 12, 2020
kopell:
No mind them jare, we’re all here to learn for each other experience. Like Egun#1 of those days now Egun done change color na Egun#2 at age with Naija experience. Long time, I start to see many old folks coming back to spaces the platform up again like those days with much respect for one another

My brother, EgunMogaji sat mostly in his lair in Los Angeles and wires dollar home to artisans, mostly

EgunMogaji2 sits most assuredly in his truck at building site monitoring work, ordering materials, picking up materials and paying in Naira grin

I thank all of the professionals who over the years have selflessly shared and carried all of us non professionals along, especially newbies like me who “knew everything” cheesy

Trust me I’ve put my learnings on “yodi”, “ashawo bed” to good use cool

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 1:03am On Aug 12, 2020
gordonbarrett:
Asbestos Is that material still in use?? Or you meant fibercement.

Asbestos is no longer in the market for decades in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 1:05am On Aug 12, 2020
davodyguy:
Good evening all.

What's the current price of actual 20Tons plaster sand?

I need 3*20tons but from someone that would guarantee 20tons to be exact and also not sell sharp sand in place of plaster sand.

I don’t have a truck scale at my site but I pay N15K per 10 tons. Omi Adio Ibadan. Bought 40 tons yesterday.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 1:41am On Aug 12, 2020
ARALADY4U:

People say abestos is poisonous to human's health but that is where they born and trained us till now, I took up a project and my client did not want to spend much so we concluded on using nigerite boards for pop ceiling and it came out well after screening just like pop ceiling designs. You can contact a good carpenter and give him the design to do, it will come out fine

How much do you think a 236.1sqm would cost using the nigerite boards? A rough estimate would do grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 1:46am On Aug 12, 2020
michlins:
I don't understand your question please. And my name is Michael Emeka. Thanks

I figured there was an error in the number I posted previously. My number is 07032fourfour6904.

So, go edit your first message with your correct Whatsapp number... that is very easy to do.

And I have advised you in the past to open a thread and post all your gates and doors and other work pictures, put prices on and post a link here, but you thought I dont know what I was talking about."Who no know go know".
Oga mi I beg, no vex with my comments o. I like your work and I want to see you succeed. Thank you.

Note: Is this not your old thread opened in 2017 below? Why didn't you reference people to it? Lovely hand work too.

https://www.nairaland.com/4088969/classy-iron-works#4088969.11

Hajji M.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:16am On Aug 12, 2020
babeline:

Done. I didn't get a reply from you though (the mail). Kindly resend

08023429122 Call/Whatsapp

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 4:02am On Aug 12, 2020
The good old days. Thankfully I’ve turned a new leaf cheesy

Sha do your due diligence and research research research, lest your project ends in hot tears.

I don talk ma own.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 4:07am On Aug 12, 2020
Newly arrivals for your toilet and kitchen walls
tile

https://www.nairaland.com/dfameguy11s

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dominionng(m): 4:18am On Aug 12, 2020
KolaShangOne:

What do you think about using plasterboard for external ceiling?

Regular external ceiling: All good for sit outs.

For Eaves: Only if the fascia drops below the level of the eaves. But if it is a clear cut angle like below, you should opt for cement board instead

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:26am On Aug 12, 2020
Person2person:

check my signature for quality locally fabricated doors

Thanks. I think I found what I wanted already.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dubemcapital1(m): 5:10am On Aug 12, 2020
coldcandy:
Get American panel also called American steel door at 15-17k. Comes with frames.

Am Sorry but American steel doors are wrapped problem. I don't like that door for anything, I prefer local iron doors to American steel even wooden door better pass that door.

1. It can just lock on its accord

2. It has its own special Installer

3. Its very lightweight

4. Spoils easily

5. Very fragile

6. Is too cheap

However, discretion is advised.

Dubemcapital

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:12am On Aug 12, 2020
Abolarin91:
Sir, is it possible to chart a land before buying/survey?

Yes, you can and in a state like Lagos state, you need to be double-sure before you buy. Don’t buy any land or property because it’s cheap!

In 2011, a client contracted us to conduct a geotechnical soil test on a plot of land in Ogombo, Lagos state.

After spending over a million on the test, he ended not buying the land.

One of my ogas here called it “Spending thousands to save millions.”

Ogombo Soil Test:
https://www.nairaland.com/687022/building-luxury-block-flats-day-to-day/22#up

Invest wisely.

Just last weekend, I was at a site in Badore and we were discussing the 4th Mainland Bridge Project and I can hear some people praying and wishing the project won’t happen.
https://www.nairaland.com/3129752/4th-mainland-bridge-houses-demolished

It’s Well! Charting your land and obtaining land information will save you from worries “Lagos no be grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:25am On Aug 12, 2020
n3xt:

Yes, you can and in a state like Lagos state, you need to be double-sure before you buy. Don’t buy any land or property because it’s cheap!

In 2011, a client contracted us to conduct a geotechnical soil test on a plot of land in Ogombo, Lagos state.

After spending over a million on the test, he ended not buying the land.

One of my ogas here called it “Spending thousands to save millions.”

Ogombo Soil Test:
https://www.nairaland.com/687022/building-luxury-block-flats-day-to-day/22#up

Invest wisely.

Just last weekend, I was at a site in Badore and we were discussing the 4th Mainland Bridge Project and I can hear some people praying and wishing the project won’t happen.
https://www.nairaland.com/3129752/4th-mainland-bridge-houses-demolished

It’s Well! Charting your land and obtaining land information will save you from worries “Lagos no be grin

Even my ongoing project in Ibadan, I did the needful on the Ibadan Circular Road.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 5:46am On Aug 12, 2020
Dennis3D:

Definitely.
Let me show you the ones I did.
The first one is on 550Sqm.
3 Terraces.

I have equally done 8 units on 1200Sqm.
See pictures below for evidence.

So if you need such magnificent designs. Contact us via our signature or visit our thread to see more of our works there. So when it comes to design and land management. We have you covered 100%. That's a fact. We can always WOWW you with designs even on the smallest piece of land. Just visit our thread to see things yourself.

We can avail you with Architectural - Structural - Mechanical - Electrical - Plumbing Plans and Designs of any Design we do for you. My TEAM and I are extremely detailed and would be willing to give you value upon your request.

Thank you.

We Design and Build
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 5:51am On Aug 12, 2020
Oliran:

Who is requesting for tax clearance?

When you pay for building plan and the property file is opened at Laspppa( which contains your screened architectural drawings, structural drawings if it has suspended floors and receipts for payments).

The file is forwarded to LIRS, property tax is calculated and the file is sent back to Laspppa district office where you are processing your approval.

Even if you are a salary earner who pay tax, a property tax would be calculated for you.

What I am trying to say is, property tax is calculated for every one processing their approvals

I know of someone who was given a property tax of 750k, for 2 units of two bedroom bungalow.

You can appeal for reduction by writing letter to the Chairman LIRS, when you get to LIRS office in Alausa they will put you through.

You are very much in order coz I have done this before. In fact the experience was something else I must say. We actually stopped at the tax part for now till my client is around...

Because they were trying to make him pay for tax here while he has already submitted his tax clearance from abroad where they base.

You can imagine one being taxed 1.5m for Duplex and rentable flat after showing tax clearance from his country of residence.

I wrote letters to appeal that, yet the district head kept replying me with the same memo. Just changing dates.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 5:53am On Aug 12, 2020
davodyguy:

The brown with the chrome cost me ₦30,000 as well as the white, along with HDF frame

Oh great. Thank you for the info.

Write me on Whatsapp on 07038166370
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 6:00am On Aug 12, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

My brother, EgunMogaji sat mostly in his lair in Los Angeles and wires dollar home to artisans, mostly

EgunMogaji2 sits most assuredly in his truck at building site monitoring work, ordering materials, picking up materials and paying in Naira grin

I thank all of the professionals who over the years have selflessly shared and carried all of his non professionals along, especially newbies like me who “knew everything” cheesy

Trust me I’ve put my learnings on “yodi”, “ashawo bed” to good use cool

Lol
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 7:01am On Aug 12, 2020
mufutau55:

So, go edit your first message with your correct Whatsapp number... that is very easy to do.

And I have advised you in the past to open a thread and post all your gates and doors and other work pictures, put prices on and post a link here, but you thought I dont know what I was talking about."Who no know go know".
Oga mi I beg, no vex with my comments o. I like your work and I want to see you succeed. Thank you.

Note: Is this not your old thread opened in 2017 below? Why didn't you reference people to it? Lovely hand work too.

https://www.nairaland.com/4088969/classy-iron-works#4088969.11

Hajji M.
man there's nothing you said that's bad. You took out your time to advise me on how to move forward with my biz. I don't think everyone will do that for anyone. Thanks a bunch

Good morning sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 7:13am On Aug 12, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

I don’t have a truck scale at my site but I pay N15K per 10 tons. Omi Adio Ibadan. Bought 40 tons yesterday.
Ok, can the person supply to Lagos?

2. Is he someone you trust and can recommend I deal with?

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 7:23am On Aug 12, 2020
Thenext:
Hello my good people of nairaland,
I want to get approval for my building permit approval in Lagos and I was told I need tax clearance but I don’t have it. Please any alternative in getting the approval without tax clearance.

CC;
Hajj M.
Rotech
Dennis3D
Egunmagaji
I was told to pay ₦750,000 as well.

The benchmark for development permit on the LIRS template is ₦750k for approval.

A client was billed ₦5,000,000 as tax for a construction in VI.

They use the value of land in the location as a measurement yardstick.

Even if you pay your P.A.Y.E to LIRS annually, you'll still be asked to pay property tax to get approval. They tell you P.A.Y.E is different.

Even if the property is in Epe and you bought the land for ₦300,000 when you want approval, LIRS would still charge ₦750k.

A lot of people stopped the process at the tax level and don't follow up.

LASG is using this to discourage potential developers.

They gave most Agencies and Ministries target, which is why they're desperate and bill Nigerians any how

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Oliran(f): 7:35am On Aug 12, 2020
sconp:

What if one has started building?
Good morning, when you've started building the architectural drawings and Structural drawings won't be titled PROPOSED, the title will be "AS-BUILT UNDER CONSTRUCTION" or AS-BUILT when the structure is at finishes stage.

The implication of AS-BUILT is a penal fee is calculated for you.

Penal fee for constructing before having Development Permit.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Oliran(f): 7:47am On Aug 12, 2020
Dennis3D:

You are very much in order coz I have done this before. In fact the experience was something else I must say. We actually stopped at the tax part for now till my client is around...

Because they were trying to make him pay for tax here while he has already submitted his tax clearance from abroad where they base.

You can imagine one being taxed 1.5m for Duplex and rentable flat after showing tax clearance from his country of residence.

I wrote letters to appeal that, yet the district head kept replying me with the same memo. Just changing dates.

1.5m for a duplex and flat. Waoh, that's on the high side. Most people don't go beyond tax, they just hold on to their registration number.

Try writing a letter officially to LIRS and attach your client's tax clearance
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:02am On Aug 12, 2020
raymondFirstborn:

Oga, that N3m won't finish a 3bedroom bungalow. It won't even do for average finishing.

Your calculations are based on the wrong parameters.

The average sqm(floor area) for a typical 3bedroom should not be less than 120sqm.
So how did you get your 70sqm for tiling.

This is what the cost should look like.

For a Kobo project

Let's say

Foundation- 750k(no German floor)

Blockwork -

2500blocks - 2500 x200 = 500,000
Sand. = 1trip of 20tonnes (40k)
Cement = 35bags x 2550 = 90k
Labour =. 2500 x N55 = N137,500

=N767,500
Lintel work + reinforcement(carpentry + iron Bender + casting) = N200,000

Blockwork - N967,500

Roofing - 800k without parapet (Kobo Kobo roofing)

N2.5m- total

Windows and doors - 500k(average)

N3m . This is how far N3m can go.
grin

Floor Tiles - Let's 120sqm
120sqm x 1200 = 240,000
Tiler - 36,000
Cement and sand 100k

Let me stop here..

EDITED***

I didn't add engineers fees or supervisors fee, I am assuming there's no engineer or supervisor involved.

Good morning bro!

I was searching online for pool guys and your name came up.

Can we discuss? I have a small “kobo kobo” pool project in the pipeline. If the budget is fine, we can deal.

https:///message/6RNRHUTTNYCJI1 or 08023429122

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 8:09am On Aug 12, 2020
n3xt:
This is how we were made to believe Wichtech is the all-in-all in roofing and that all other Chinese products are fake and not good.

How many people are using Wichtech today? Why were they compelled to make Wichtech Nigeria grades?
It’s because people are more wiser now.

Get into the market and ask questions. I did and I realize a huge savings on my project.

Wichtech is still the best.

People are not using Wichtech only because of the poverty level in this country. Nothing more.

Wichtech attend Tilcor stated making Nigeria grades because they know wer can't afford the "original" because of poverty.

Every company that intends to compete in Nigeria must lower their quality to maintain a price that we Nigerians, the poorest people in the world, can afford.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:10am On Aug 12, 2020
davodyguy:

Ok, can the person supply to Lagos?

2. Is he someone you trust and can recommend I deal with?

Thanks

These are my local village people. I’m certain he can’t do Lagos.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:32am On Aug 12, 2020
KolaShangOne:

Wichtech is still the best.

People are not using Wichtech only because of the poverty level in this country. Nothing more.

Wichtech attend Tilcor stated making Nigeria grades because they know wer can't afford the "original" because of poverty.

Every company that intends to compete in Nigeria must lower their quality to maintain a price that we Nigerians, the poorest people in the world, can afford.

Before they started making Nigeria grades, their agents were recommending other products to customers in order not to lose business.

To be candid, will I recommend Wichtech to a man building in Olomi, Oyo State because it’s the best? No!

The owner of Browne Mews project used Nigerite roofing on his build and his reason is simply because he wanted something with superior insulation and that can absorb sound which metal sheets can never achieve no matter how aesthetically pleasing it looks.

The project is sold out. He has recouped his investment within the shortest time possible. That’s the ultimate!

Homeowners needs to be aware of things that needs to be quality upfront. That’s why I’m always clear about must-haves and nice-to-haves features.

A $300 brushed-nickel smart door lock is better than a N3,000 door lock. For me, it’s just a nice-to-have feature. A N3,000 door lock will do the same job. Lock the door.

#thatsjustme

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:53am On Aug 12, 2020
Wichtech were on these two projects but I ended up using Wichtech on one and other brand on the other.

Which one is Wichtech?

The two builds are almost eight years old now.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Oliran(f): 8:56am On Aug 12, 2020
kopell:
Can please post the picture of the house, I hope it meet the standard set back space require buy building code. I have seen many of those tiny buildings in Lagos island, I wonder how do they get approve for those buildings

The drawings they submit to get approval is most times different from their working drawings. Someone who has the intention of building 4bedroom flat, gate house and shops will make submission of just 3 bedroom apartment.

The standard residential airspaces and setback is 6m setback at the front, and 3m on all other sides while for commercial is 9m at the front and 6m on all other sides.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1514) (1515) (1516) (1517) (1518) (1519) (1520) ... (3698) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.