Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,670 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1522) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4400728 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1519) (1520) (1521) (1522) (1523) (1524) (1525) ... (3669) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PrimeQuay: 2:04pm On Aug 14, 2020
Wow, how many meters did you go to? This proposed site is in lekki to be precise.

This quote is from a different engineer.

Was your site in Lagos too?

davodyguy:

This is fair and okay

I did 23 Points and spent about ₦4million plus.

Is this quotation from Engineer Emma?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 3:25pm On Aug 14, 2020
PrimeQuay:
Wow, how many meters did you go to? This proposed site is in lekki to be precise.

This quote is from a different engineer.

Was your site in Lagos too?

About the same depth and in Lagos
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kenpower: 4:56pm On Aug 14, 2020
siralos135:

Why must he chat you up?
Why not advice him here so that all of us can learn!

@Donoppy, be careful about chatting people up privately o.Make sure to follow appropriate official channel because the short cut the bribe taker may offer you will definitely come back to hunt you!

There are quite a whole lot of ghost participants on this thread whose only aim is to look for desperate builders to scam.

Please be careful!
siralos135:

Why must he chat you up?

@Donoppy, be careful about chatting people up privately o.Make sure to follow appropriate official channel because the short cut the bribe taker may offer you will definitely come back to hunt you!

There are quite a whole lot of ghost participants on this thread whose only aim is to look for desperate builders to scam.

Please be careful!
siralos135:

Why must he chat you up?

Please be careful!

Oga i take a complete exception to ur allegation hav we met bfor hav u given me any job bfor or hav u com across any indictment about me bfor,,,,,hav given him advice to stop work ,,,not to pay annoyone besides hav told him possible document lagos state building control agency will demand frm him such as stability/indermnity letter,ndt ,drawings must i teach d whole house how the content of d documents.PLS STAY IN UR SPOT OK IF DONOT WANT TO B CRUSHED,,,For ur info he has already call me nd hav not demand a dime frm him yet ok ,,,Hav done business wit couples of ppl frm dis forum no one has speak ill of me.BECAREFUL,,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by siralos135: 5:30pm On Aug 14, 2020
kenpower:

Oga i take a complete exception to ur allegation hav we met bfor hav u given me any job bfor or hav u com across any indictment about me bfor,,,,,hav given him advice to stop work ,,,not to pay annoyone besides hav told him possible document lagos state building control agency will demand frm him such as stability/indermnity letter,ndt ,drawings must i teach d whole house how the content of d documents.PLS STAY IN UR SPOT OK IF DONOT WANT TO B CRUSHED,,,For ur info he has already call me nd hav not demand a dime frm him yet ok ,,,Hav done business wit couples of ppl frm dis forum no one has speak ill of me.BECAREFUL,,

Why should you be angry because someone was advised to be careful?

You should only be offended if you have an ulterior motive as I only advised him to tread with caution!

So you are a trailer with the ability to CRUSH people abi...
yeye!!!

You said you have not asked for money "yet".
So it may still come up in the discussion abi?

10 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kenpower: 6:28pm On Aug 14, 2020
siralos135:

You should only be offended if you have an ulterior motive as I only advised him to tread with caution!

yeye!!!

siralos135:

yeye!!!

siralos135:

yeye!!!

U are not advising u are indicting telling y must i have a private chat wit him and refering as ghost participant,,,i donot get involve wit oda ppl business read all my chats ,,,i stay on my spot hav com across ppl indicting person on dis forum is not my business even segzy 14 with this numba 0703 559 6641,,he gave me two jobs and paid me for one and told me d client neva paid again we neva met nd i neva came on d forum to speak ill of him ,,,even we had issues wit checkout i neva comment,,,i donot intefer wit oda ppl business,,,wat u are doing is character assaination and if u are going to do dat it has to b wit someone wit questionable character dat u hav evidence of,,,,hav don job wit heymus ,bengamin on dis platform no issue,,Even donoppy wen he called me he told me he is not lagos i ask him to send his engineer to contact me in person let me help him and feed him wit d info and show him samples of such documents but first he shld send me d notice of site seal,,,Frm d notice he serves lagos state building control agency will state their demands,,,,So Y will just jump into ppl issues indicting ppl and claim u advising ,,,Look bfor u leap ,,,i hav right to b angry wit u because i donot know u,,,, u donot know me too so y indicting
siralos135:

yeye!!!

siralos135 post=92816952:

yeye!!!

siralos135:

yeye!!!

U are not advising u are indicting telling y must i have a private chat wit him and refering as ghost participant,,,i donot get involve wit oda ppl business read all my chats ,,,i stay on my spot hav com across ppl indicting person on dis forum is not my business even segzy 14 with this numba 0703 559 6641,,he gave me two jobs and paid me for one and told me d client neva paid again we neva met nd i neva came on d forum to speak ill of him ,,,even we had issues wit checkout i neva comment,,,i donot intefer wit oda ppl business,,,wat u are doing is character assaination and if u are going to do dat it has to b wit someone wit questionable character dat u hav evidence of,,,,hav don job wit heymus ,bengamin on dis platform no issue,,Even donoppy wen he called me he told me he is not lagos i ask him to send his engineer to contact me in person let me help him and feed him wit d info and show him samples of such documents but first he shld send me d notice of site seal,,,Frm d notice he serves lagos state building control agency will state their demands,,,,So Y will just jump into ppl issues indicting ppl and claim u advising ,,,Look bfor u leap ,,,i hav right to b angry wit u because i donot know u,,,, u donot know me too so y indicting
siralos135:

yeye!!!

siralos135:

yeye!!!

siralos135:

yeye!!!

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kenpower: 6:43pm On Aug 14, 2020
[/quote]
siralos135:

yeye!!!

[quote author=siralos135 post=92816952]

yeye!!!

siralos135:

yeye!!!

Some time ago not too long i came across a chat here dat someone HSLBROOKER collected 3m frm someone and claim he is at isolation centre someone tries to investigate ,,,i kept mute but all i know is if d guy will not come on platform to clear himself over his indictment if come acrosss anywhere or on d forum he can b speak ill of ,,,U donot just call ppl scam wen u got no proof ok.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kenpower: 6:57pm On Aug 14, 2020
@ siralos135

Gossip is a chain of thoughts about someone, getting worse after each conversation about the person. You can never be too sure about what you heard about someone. You can stop the chain by asking people questions rather than holding unto assumptions from others.
#HoldConversations
#DontAssume

www.hisrulepub.com.ng

#HelpingWriters
#HisRuleMagazine
#HisRulePublication

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 7:07pm On Aug 14, 2020
kingzsoul:
Hello house. I asked a question few days about how much it will cost me to lay a foundation for a 3 bedroom apartment on a half plot of land in asolo ikorodu and Someone sent a quotation for approximately 1.4m. Isnt that too much?

If the land is not steep, and you don't have columns, and your building area is not more than 140sqm, then it's a bit too much.

If your land is swampy, you will spend more than 1.4m

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by blackboy(m): 8:58pm On Aug 14, 2020
To DPC level? Or without DPC?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by alstacs(m): 8:59pm On Aug 14, 2020
EgunMogaji2:
We’ve been doing this thread now for a minute.

Lots of proven and established builders have wowed us with fantastic structures over the years.

People like Aventures, Spyder880, Skimanski, RichYoungRuler, Abdulwastecx, Podosci, KolaShangOne, Darenyx and others that I may have forgotten.

I don’t recall ever reading them post seeking for business or claiming number one or the best. Combined they must have hundreds of millions in completed projects.

Guys, thanks for your humility and letting your work speak for itself.

I wish I could showcase my completed projects here someday, I was completely ignorant just in 2013 when artisans and engineers were using me as chewing stick. Within a short period of time, I became a lay expert following folks here and their projects.
You guys are too much. I negotiate from position of knowledge now.
Spyder was one person I respect, breakdown of projects and cost to the last kobo even declaring his profit openly! We owe our individual successes to all of you.

10 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:44pm On Aug 14, 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 10:48pm On Aug 14, 2020
Before and after

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 10:56pm On Aug 14, 2020
Sent quotation without proper site inventory!?
Becareful
kingzsoul:
Hello house. I asked a question few days about how much it will cost me to lay a foundation for a 3 bedroom apartment on a half plot of land in asolo ikorodu and Someone sent a quotation for approximately 1.4m. Isnt that too much?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 11:15pm On Aug 14, 2020
Take it easy sir, you should understand why he said that. We have heard so many heart broken story here countless time, everybody is just trying to help each other to be safe dealing. Meanwhile, the info you want to pass to that person might be of help to many people here too, no odd feelings sir.

Peace
kenpower:

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omololu251(m): 12:48am On Aug 15, 2020
When did you get this quote?

A ton of reinforcement doesn’t sell for # 120,000.

Kindly confirm the prices of materials before committing yourself o.

PrimeQuay:
Hello house,

Please is this a good rate for bore pile?

28 points, without pile cap(s)

I feel it can be better.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kenpower: 1:11am On Aug 15, 2020
[/quote]
Abolarin91:
Take it easy sir, you should understand why he said that. We have heard so many heart broken story here countless time, everybody is just trying to help each other to be safe dealing. Meanwhile, the info you want to pass to that person might be of help to many people here too, no odd feelings sir.

Peace
[quote author=Abolarin91 post=92829552]Take it easy sir, you should understand why he said that. We have heard so many heart broken story here countless time, everybody is just trying to help each other to be safe dealing. Meanwhile, the info you want to pass to that person might be of help to many people here too, no odd feelings sir.

Peace
Abolarin91:

Peace

Thanks for d concern !But d facts is even if we mean to contribute we need to b civil that y i hardly get involve in controversial issues or make odds statement abt ppl .I hav already split my advice out but it seems d guy donoppy is confused dat y i ask him to chat privately,,,,i hav watched dis forum closely sometimes ,,,ppl pulp in for solution as A is trying to profund solution B is counter d A solution,,,,for someone like me i will just ignore d flow,,,,,but if i chat privately is left for d individual to compare nd make his/her decision.Have chat wit d guy hav sent him samples of doc which i cannot upload here cos is more dan 4mb,,,he too hav sent me d notice privately which i believe he cannot upload here,,,I WILL B GLAD IF DONOPPY CAN COME ON BOARD AND SPEAK UP,,,not hidden or sacred in our discussion he has hos decision to make if he offer me services i know i own him obligation not to breach because of my stake here ,,,who ever does dat will definately faces d consequences.But is wrong to make slanders or libel witout proof ,,,ONCE MORE THANKS FOR UR CONCERNS!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abbyrose: 1:54am On Aug 15, 2020
@EgunMogaji2
I don’t have a weight scale onsite, this was sold to me as 25 ton and for N100K. My bricklayer and I are satisfied.

Pls, can I have the supplier's phone number? My property is at Oluyole Extention,7up area in Ibadan.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 4:11am On Aug 15, 2020
Abbyrose:
@EgunMogaji2
I don’t have a weight scale onsite, this was sold to me as 25 ton and for N100K. My bricklayer and I are satisfied.

Pls, can I have the supplier's phone number? My property is at Oluyole Extention,7up area in Ibadan.

He won’t go that far.

You need the crew from Lagos express, they’re the ones that service you elites at Oluyole grin

I live at Elebu.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 4:14am On Aug 15, 2020
Guys, consider if this thread would remain valuable if discussions were directed offline all the time.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PrimeQuay: 6:15am On Aug 15, 2020
Okay,

That's why I brought it to a public forum like this, so others like yourself can give informed input. lol

Can you Identify where changes need to occur.

omololu251:
When did you get this quote?

A ton of reinforcement doesn’t sell for # 120,000.

Kindly confirm the prices of materials before committing yourself o.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 7:00am On Aug 15, 2020
alstacs:

I wish I could showcase my completed projects here someday, I was completely ignorant just in 2013 when artisans and engineers were using me as chewing stick. Within a short period of time, I became a lay expert following folks here and their projects.
You guys are too much. I negotiate from position of knowledge now.
Spyder was one person I respect, breakdown of projects and cost to the last kobo even declaring his profit openly! We owe our individual successes to all of you.

Thank you my people, lets all have a wonderful weekend ahead.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Amastermovic(m): 7:47am On Aug 15, 2020
PrimeQuay:
Hello house,

Please is this a good rate for bore pile?

28 points, without pile cap(s)

I feel it can be better.

Thanks

The bill is not cool but my consign is grade 20 concrete for piles thats natural disaster.

See most of this pple will not achieve grade 20 strength insist on grade 30 which 7days strength is 20 and tell them not to make d pile cut of point until at least 21days..

Another reason I said that is since most of ur piles have been optimized to single u don't wanna make them do rubbish for u

And why must u have one pile point all through r sure the loadings is correct

Attach pics
For reference purpose

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 9:32am On Aug 15, 2020
if you are at aba currently....just go to Cornerstone at Ariaria express by Eyinmba ...there are many merchants there...pay them they will deliver to you...even sand ..

JWTheocracy1:
Attention please!!!! I need an urgent delivery of 15tons of granite to Abia state (Aba) to be precise. A recommendation of a trusted and honest supplier will be appreciated. To be delivered over the weekend or by Monday. You can mention me with your price here and also send me a dm for further discussion. As soon as possible will be appreciated!

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by taskcompleteng: 11:10am On Aug 15, 2020
Few plot Remaining @ The Haven City, Odolewu Epe @400k/plot

The Haven City, Odolewu is Hot and Fast selling at a promo price of N400k per plot.

Promo Offer:
Buy 5plots and Get 1plot Free
Buy 10plots and get 2plots free
Buy 15plots and get 3plots free
Buy 20plots and Get 4plots free.

For inspection and purchase, Call/Whatsapp-

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 12:16pm On Aug 15, 2020
siralos135:

yeye!!!

There's a difference between advising and raising a false alarm.

You're insinuating that he was either going to cut corners of swindle the person asking for advice.

,I for one don't like dropping numbers here, cos I don't want to turn this thread to advert place.

I almost got upset when I spoke about the doors I'm using in my house and recommended the seller to people. Someone trying to be overzealous just as you're doing questioned my opting to share contact by mail.

I ignored him and all that contacted me were given the number via their registered Nairaland email, without they knowing my number or speaking to me on the phone.

Yes, there can be bad people on the internet, yet there are good people.

I don't want to reveal my identity, likewise some others.

If some of us do that, a lot of people would be shocked that individuals who own some major brands in the entire Nigeria are actually on Nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by taskcompleteng: 1:51pm On Aug 15, 2020
Suzuki mini bus Aka Kowope.

2month used

Neat inside out

Manual drive

Location. Gbagada

Reason for selling: driver on hire purchased isn't turning up.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 2:21pm On Aug 15, 2020
I get your point sir, you are right and he is not wrong either. God bless you.

Meanwhile, in any of your project you may need my service, I am always available. My contact live in my signature, thanks smiley
kenpower:

Thanks for d concern !But d facts is even if we mean to contribute we need to b civil that y i hardly get involve in controversial issues or make odds statement abt ppl .I hav already split my advice out but it seems d guy donoppy is confused dat y i ask him to chat privately,,,,i hav watched dis forum closely sometimes ,,,ppl pulp in for solution as A is trying to profund solution B is counter d A solution,,,,for someone like me i will just ignore d flow,,,,,but if i chat privately is left for d individual to compare nd make his/her decision.Have chat wit d guy hav sent him samples of doc which i cannot upload here cos is more dan 4mb,,,he too hav sent me d notice privately which i believe he cannot upload here,,,I WILL B GLAD IF DONOPPY CAN COME ON BOARD AND SPEAK UP,,,not hidden or sacred in our discussion he has hos decision to make if he offer me services i know i own him obligation not to breach because of my stake here ,,,who ever does dat will definately faces d consequences.But is wrong to make slanders or libel witout proof ,,,ONCE MORE THANKS FOR UR CONCERNS!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 2:41pm On Aug 15, 2020
Bad egg always try to spoil good eggs, that is just the reason why the oga in this thread always advice to be careful, I believe you understand my point. Moreover, we all respond to issue differently, let's always apply wisdom in dealing with strangers. God bless you...

Lol, I just imagine if this thread is like WhatsApp group, admin would have remove most people here grin, more wisdom and contract to those pros who has been teaching and enlightening usbhere. Iba awon agbagba cool
davodyguy:

There's a difference between advising and raising a false alarm.

You're insinuating that he was either going to cut corners of swindle the person asking for advice.

,I for one don't like dropping numbers here, cos I don't want to turn this thread to advert place.

I almost got upset when I spoke about the doors I'm using in my house and recommended the seller to people. Someone trying to be overzealous just as you're doing questioned my opting to share contact by mail.

I ignored him and all that contacted me were given the number via their registered Nairaland email, without they knowing my number or speaking to me on the phone.

Yes, there can be bad people on the internet, yet there are good people.

I don't want to reveal my identity, likewise some others.

If some of us do that, a lot of people would be shocked that individuals who own some major brands in the entire Nigeria are actually on Nairaland.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 15, 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KIDfurniture(m): 5:25pm On Aug 15, 2020
Granite dey ... re u in ibadan ?
temi4fash:

Do they have granite?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 6:36pm On Aug 15, 2020
Let's do justice to your landed properties. No worries nor qualms when you commit it to OAK Group.
08108408732. Call/Whatsapp

(1) (2) (3) ... (1519) (1520) (1521) (1522) (1523) (1524) (1525) ... (3669) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: RockOfAgesAlumi(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.