Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,075 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1527) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4414903 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1524) (1525) (1526) (1527) (1528) (1529) (1530) ... (3671) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:14pm On Aug 18, 2020
kenpower:

U paid unregistered fee of 50k wen ur building is sealed i bet u bfor u complete d project dose dat collect 50k frm.u will set up.anoda group to come asking u for more money nd dat amount u will use to bribe will cover d fee for ur approval,,,If ur building is sealed work to their office ask dem for documents to b submitted get d first sets of document dey request for such as stability/indermnity letter,ndt ,soil test were applicable within d first seven days if u get dis nd submit to d district offifer u will b ur penalty fee will b waived,,,u will b given a tolerrance to proceed and submit d drawings witin a stipulated time,,,(2weeks may)and if u may give tips let it b d district officer or deputy,,,if u pay money or give bribe to d junior officer and brag bfor him after couples of junior officer frustrate u by sending more groups,,,IF THE DISTRICT OFFICE IS THE TYPE DAT IS AGGRESSIVE THEY WILL DRIL U BADLY,,,u will b demand to submit d architect,structural engrs,electrical ,mechanical engr (were applicable ) letter of completion wit attached certifate of dose mentioned above,,,NON of d above proffessional hardly submit such certifate unless is a project dey design and personally supervised .B wise and careful wen dealing wit dis scout staffs of LABSCA they will deny ur allegations and their boss will support dem,,Am speaking frm personal experiences!

I can relate.

Now LASBCA is becoming a norm. Lagos breeding rogues and touts since 17th century
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:15pm On Aug 18, 2020
Abolarin91:
I hope this will serve as guide(not totally), this is just a land of 28m by 13m(close to a plot).

Nice

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Donoppy(m): 10:44pm On Aug 18, 2020
Enyinne:
Hummmm , it shouldn't get to that . I just did decking last week , and i used around 600k for wood and bamboo inclusive 350 pcs of it .I went to the wood stand to purchage it with my carpenter so he can make his choice. My house is 4 flats of 3unit of 2bedroom and 1 unit of 3bedroom .i used 210 bags of cement, bought 2 tipper of 30tons of sand ,2 tippers of 30tons of granite of which i still hv some granite remaining , total spent is 2.2m inclusive staircase, plumbing material , electrical materials and labour

Wow! This definitely a huge difference in price as compared to the price I had to pay all together for planks ,bamboo,nails and the likes that amounted to 1.2m+ And this even despite I had some I trust to have to take the carpenter to go get the wood.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Oliran(f): 10:45pm On Aug 18, 2020
davodyguy:

Some so called 'engineers' are actually quacks.

Let me say this. You are not a lawyer just because you went to Unilag or OAU to study law. You must be called to Bar before being called a Lawyer. That is what is happening with the speaker of the LAHA. You are not an engineer because you graduated with HND or Bsc in any engineering related field, until you become a COREN certified. Anyone that studies Estate Management in the Higher institution is not an Estate Surveyor and Valuer, but a graduate of Estate Management. To become an Estate Surveyor and Valuer, you must be certified by RICS (Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors UK) or By ESVARBON (Estate Surveyors and Valuers Registration Board of Nigeria)

You need to ask your engineer for his COREN certificate, otherwise he's just a graduate and not a professional.

Yes, you need approval before you can carryout any development in Lagos State, as dictated by the Urban and Regional Development Planning Law 2010.
For you to pull down a building, you must get approval. For you to construct, you need approval.

Lagos State Building Control Agency (LASBCA) is an enforcement agency under the Ministry of Physical Planning and Urban Development of Lagos State. They are responsible for sealing up illegal development. Your development is illegal.

Illegal Development is described as any development without requisite approval from the MPPUD Lagos State.

But LABSCA does not have any write to demand such, unless the site is sealed and you're told to pay unsealing fee to LASG, which is N250,000. Not as bribe, but to be receipted.

To buttress your point, when a site is sealed by LASBCA property owner will be officially asked to pay a certain amount which is dependent on the type of property, commercial or residential.

For residential: 250,000 for contravention fee and 150,000 for Unsealing fee.

Commercial: 250,000 for contravention fee and 250,000 for Unsealing fee.

According to Lagos State Urban and regional law 2010, you should have your approval (development permit) before you even do your setting out.

Cc
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 10:47pm On Aug 18, 2020
grin
GoodFaith:

My brother
I keep telling the smart ass people that the game doesn't change players change
Because I left home over 33 year , i don't know my people
Last year one small boy try me, i turn around and said get the F out of here now
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Donoppy(m): 10:47pm On Aug 18, 2020
Donoppy:

Wow! This definitely a huge difference in price as compared to the price I had to pay all together for planks ,bamboo,nails and the likes that amounted to 1.2m+ And this even despite I had some I trust to have to take the carpenter to go get the wood.

I will like to follow up on the roofing because I know that’s where another huge spending will come to surface and I am looking forward to start paying detailed attention from that point onward.
This people don’t even pity anyone building house at all shocked shocked
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Donoppy(m): 10:50pm On Aug 18, 2020
[quote author=Donoppy post=92972760]
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Donoppy(m): 10:51pm On Aug 18, 2020
Johntemmy:

send me the quotation and location

I paid for it already ... The site is at ipaja
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Oliran(f): 10:58pm On Aug 18, 2020
kenpower:

U paid unregistered fee of 50k wen ur building is sealed i bet u bfor u complete d project dose dat collect 50k frm.u will set up.anoda group to come asking u for more money nd dat amount u will use to bribe will cover d fee for ur approval,,,If ur building is sealed work to their office ask dem for documents to b submitted get d first sets of document dey request for such as stability/indermnity letter,ndt ,soil test were applicable within d first seven days if u get dis nd submit to d district offifer u will b ur penalty fee will b waived,,,u will b given a tolerrance to proceed and submit d drawings witin a stipulated time,,,(2weeks may)and if u may give tips let it b d district officer or deputy,,,if u pay money or give bribe to d junior officer and brag bfor him after couples of junior officer frustrate u by sending more groups,,,IF THE DISTRICT OFFICE IS THE TYPE DAT IS AGGRESSIVE THEY WILL DRIL U BADLY,,,u will b demand to submit d architect,structural engrs,electrical ,mechanical engr (were applicable ) letter of completion wit attached certifate of dose mentioned above,,,NON of d above proffessional hardly submit such certifate unless is a project dey design and personally supervised .B wise and careful wen dealing wit dis scout staffs of LABSCA they will deny ur allegations and their boss will support dem,,Am speaking frm personal experiences!

Not all field officers are bad, at times it is even better to deal with them than the district heads. They are the ones on field, whatever they report that they saw is what the district head will accept. When you have good rapport with the field officers you won't have any issue.

Also NO District Head will allow you go free or waive Unsealing fee for you without you tipping him(not little tip).

Even when you have your approval, there are still ways to milk you grin. Your dream house or your choice of house might not be approvable, drawings submitted for approval are not always the same as your working drawings, that's where conformity check comes in.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Oliran(f): 11:03pm On Aug 18, 2020
Donoppy:

I paid for it already ... The site is at ipaja

Have you resolved the LASBCA issue?

I might be of help if you don't mind.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 11:40pm On Aug 18, 2020
DEGREE2466:
Please, I need help with choosing the right gate for my fence
I'm a welder and I will tell you to go for the first. It will last longer than everything else you posted there.

But let me add to your confusion though

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nero2424: 1:41am On Aug 19, 2020
Enyinne:
This statement is full of pride . Who told u , u cant do more if u give a little discount to more client that contacts u .If someone like u that is just installing roofing sheet talks carelessly this way ,what do u want the owner of companies like tower aluminum to say . Calm down , your still growing . The economy is hard so make some price adjustment to attract more clients.

I thought as much but because I got someone else who gave me a perfect roofing work I found it worthless going back and forth... I did refer the roofer to 2 other on going roofing projects of my friends, that could have been him!

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 3:50am On Aug 19, 2020
I need an education on precast parapets.

My current project will look better with a parapet due to some constraints but we did not introduce pillars from the foundation on this first of five buildings. This leaves out the traditional parapets.

So if you’ve dealt with this recently I’ll love to get your feedbacks. Thanks.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:02am On Aug 19, 2020
Nero2424:

I thought as much but because I got someone else who gave me a perfect roofing work I found it worthless going back and forth... I did refer the roofer to 2 other on going roofing projects of my friends, that could have been him!

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by drkay(m): 5:38am On Aug 19, 2020
Badgers14:

There's this nairalander that stated she works in Ogun state ministry of lands i think she does C of O. But she could point you to the right direction.

Disclaimer: I have not worked with her before and never met her, I am just going by her post posted here on nairaland.

I hope everything works out well for you so you can come back and give us testimony grin
That lady is genuine. She works with the state govt. I could have bought an acquisition Land in Laderin estate if not for her.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enyinne(f): 8:31am On Aug 19, 2020
U can share ur quotation to get more clearer assessments from other engineers here
Donoppy:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 10:41am On Aug 19, 2020
How many likes for a tutorial on "HOW TO CALCULATE MATERIALS + LABOUR FOR UPPER SLAB (DECKING)"

smiley smiley smiley

The Irony is I've started for almost a year now but laziness won't gree me finish it grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 10:56am On Aug 19, 2020
Hello my people,
Do contact us for affordable, durable and beautiful P.O.P CEILING installation. We also do wall screeding, skirting and related jobs. For more enquiries and consultation, contact us on +2347069462837 or hisgraceinteriors@gmail.com
Thanks!

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rotex111(m): 11:03am On Aug 19, 2020
ak22:
are you on WhatsApp?
Yes. 08067920313
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 11:07am On Aug 19, 2020
saydfact:
How many likes for a tutorial on "HOW TO CALCULATE MATERIALS + LABOUR FOR UPPER SLAB (DECKING)"

smiley smiley smiley

The Irony is I've started for almost a year now but laziness won't gree me finish it grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Let’s do it Chief grin

I have a duplex to raise soon.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Donoppy(m): 11:24am On Aug 19, 2020
Oliran:

Have you resolved the LASBCA issue?

I might be of help if you don't mind.

Thank you for your concern, I wouldn’t mind for sure but they demanded I pay them 100k since an approval scheme hasn’t been set yet for the site which is at boys town ipaja(just handed to the family over court judgement) and that I needed to get the permit from them too.
But if there is anything otherwise I could do , for sure I would welcome the idea not to pay that sum of money that is off the records
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 11:38am On Aug 19, 2020
saydfact:

smiley smiley smiley

Let's go there!

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 11:42am On Aug 19, 2020
drkay:

That lady is genuine. She works with the state govt. I could have bought an acquisition Land in Laderin estate if not for her.

Who is the lady?We might need her.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by victoronwukwe(m): 11:48am On Aug 19, 2020
Hello everyone. This is Classy Roofing Company. We supply and install all types of quality roofing sheets from stone coated to aluminium sheets. To procure our services, WhatsApp is on https:///2348132131972...

Here are pictures of some of our works

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Oliran(f): 11:52am On Aug 19, 2020
Donoppy:

Thank you for your concern, I wouldn’t mind for sure but they demanded I pay them 100k since an approval scheme hasn’t been set yet for the site which is at boys town ipaja(just handed to the family over court judgement) and that I needed to get the permit from them too.
But if there is anything otherwise I could do , for sure I would welcome the idea not to pay that sum of money that is off the records

P&T Boy's Town is not yet free, the land is said to belong to Nitel. Though we heard they've resolved it in court in favour of the Omo Onile. But until Gazette is released, no property in that Estate can be granted approval.

I digress, LASBCA now request for letter of Authorization to Commence construction, that's where you will be nailed despite not giving approval. And when your site is sealed for residential it's 400,000. 250,000 for contravention fee and 150,000 for unsealing fee.

Send me a DM.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by victoronwukwe(m): 11:58am On Aug 19, 2020
This is our recently completed project in Abia State along Aba road. Whatsapp https:///2348132131972 or call +2348132131972 to procure our services...

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by drkay(m): 12:21pm On Aug 19, 2020
folmus:

Who is the lady?We might need her.
cc Momove4real25

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bakin3(m): 12:24pm On Aug 19, 2020
We construct Bio digester (Modern Sockaway). Quick to install. No waste removal. Little maintenance. Odorless. Little space required. Check my signature.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 12:35pm On Aug 19, 2020
Donoppy:

I will like to follow up on the roofing because I know that’s where another huge spending will come to surface and I am looking forward to start paying detailed attention from that point onward.
This people don’t even pity anyone building house at all shocked shocked

Measurement after wood work other big game of hid and seek

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:10pm On Aug 19, 2020
Bakin3:
We construct Bio digester (Modern Sockaway). Quick to install. No waste removal. Little maintenance. Odorless. Little space required. Check my signature.

How much?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bakin3(m): 2:31pm On Aug 19, 2020
n3xt:

How much?

It depends on the size but it starts from #200, 000 naira.
https:///2348140766742
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 2:45pm On Aug 19, 2020
Hello painters in the house and anyone with experience with this.

The rough finish we see across the attached pictures are quite common nowadays, my questions are;

1/ Which kind of paint is used to achieve that rough finish?

2/ Does the wall need to be prepared differently from other plastered areas? Just as we leave the wall rough for wall tiles, is that same or it should be plastered smooth.

3/ Do we need to screed the areas or not if we want to achieve that horizontal groove/band and rough finish in those little sections as in pictures 1&2?

Any other specific tips are welcome.

Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1524) (1525) (1526) (1527) (1528) (1529) (1530) ... (3671) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.