Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,256 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1529) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4433446 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1526) (1527) (1528) (1529) (1530) (1531) (1532) ... (3675) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 8:42am On Aug 20, 2020
We're still waiting for our next clients.

Contact CHOICE COST CONSULT for for quantity surveying services, viz-a-viz

1) Bill of Quantities (Projected estimated cost of construction)
2) Materials and Labour Schedule (breakdown of cost of materials and labour respectively for your construction projects)
3) Valuation of ongoing construction works (know the cost of already existing or ongoing construction)
4) Bidding and Tendering for construction jobs (As a contractor bidding for jobs, you need competitive tender to win the job. Nobody can help you out except a quantity surveyor.
5) Pricing of blank/unpriced bill of quantities for tendering purposes.
6) Invitation, pre-qualification and selection of contractor based on suitable tendering procedure. Don't award your jobs to the least bidder bit the least responsive bidder. Be smart. Don't let contractors fool you.
7) Contract administration from inception to completion of your projects. (interpretation of conditions of contract is one of the duties of a smart quantity surveyor)
cool Preparation of both feasibility and viability studies (if you're engaging in a commercial construction works, know the payback period and rate of investment of your projects. Nobody does it better than a quantity surveyor.
9) Life cycle costing
10) Cost control
11) Cash flow forecasting
Etc

Contact us today.
Mobile no: 09012800750
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 9:08am On Aug 20, 2020
money121:

If i hear grin grin Mine can't pass me by

If I see or hear your words, even with a good deal, e go pass you.

I had a big job for a mason, I liked the work on the next building to my house and know the mason. I couldn't bring myself to engage him for one very simple reason, he doesn't greet.

He will be working on top in the site overlooking my compound. He will not say good morning, afternoon or evening. We will meet at the gate. In fact, I have greeted him a couple of times that he answered without even a smile or remorse. My wife once talked about him,even my house girl said he doesn't answer her greetings.

He brought a carpenter to roof the building. The carpenter will greet and even gist with me in the presence of the mason.

That job I had was his, but it passed him. My friend who knew him well begged me to forgive his attitude but I couldn't see myself encouraging bad behaviour. I have the carpenter's number and will use him.

The mason doesn't know that he lost a job, but you have the opportunity to see how one could lose a job without knowing 1.

Let me bore you more. I bought plywood for a job recently, the site was inside a prison. I agreed with 2 guys for loading and offloading. When they where screened for offloading into the prison yard, on their first offload, the Chief warder saw one of the guys who had dread locks and banned him from entering the prison. How much was this guy going lose, just ₦1000. The boy ran to a barber cleared all his hair anyhow and resumed work. We didn't even recognize him when he returned but he quickly realised his appearance was robbing him. I payed the ₦200 for the barber.

Your words are robbing you.

21 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:12am On Aug 20, 2020
QSFemi:
We're still waiting for our next clients.

Contact CHOICE COST CONSULT for for quantity surveying services, viz-a-viz

1) Bill of Quantities (Projected estimated cost of construction)
2) Materials and Labour Schedule (breakdown of cost of materials and labour respectively for your construction projects)
3) Valuation of ongoing construction works (know the cost of already existing or ongoing construction)
4) Bidding and Tendering for construction jobs (As a contractor bidding for jobs, you need competitive tender to win the job. Nobody can help you out except a quantity surveyor.
5) Pricing of blank/unpriced bill of quantities for tendering purposes.
6) Invitation, pre-qualification and selection of contractor based on suitable tendering procedure. Don't award your jobs to the least bidder bit the least responsive bidder. Be smart. Don't let contractors fool you.
7) Contract administration from inception to completion of your projects. (interpretation of conditions of contract is one of the duties of a smart quantity surveyor)
cool Preparation of both feasibility and viability studies (if you're engaging in a commercial construction works, know the payback period and rate of investment of your projects. Nobody does it better than a quantity surveyor.
9) Life cycle costing
10) Cost control
11) Cash flow forecasting
Etc

Contact us today.
Mobile no: 09012800750

Is No. 4 service affordable? If yes, I’m working on the attached, let’s discuss.

I hope consultation is FREE

espirit de corps �

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SurveyorGeo: 9:27am On Aug 20, 2020
folmus:
Who knows the cost of doing a registered survey in Oyo state and Ogun state?

CC @Egunmogaji- Oyo

it depends on size and location of the land.
in Oyo State, a registered survey plan with red copy lodged is between 90k to 120k for a plot while Ogun State it is between 120k to 150k for a plot. You can still get a better deal with your negotiation skills. I can handle all your survey services. call or WhatsApp me on 08069018449

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 9:30am On Aug 20, 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spiceeamiee(f): 10:24am On Aug 20, 2020
This is true. Our property was sealed for about 5 months last year. We finally had pay 200k for unsealing and 20k for breaking of padlock grin grin. Those LASBCA guys are deadly. Guys please I have a few questions. My husband likes to listen to the contractor too much and the guy is always angry when i make suggestions and only implements it when I insist. So these are my questions;

1. Those brick like designs usually used in front of porches, what is the name? I dont mean the ones that are tiles. I mean the ones that are like clay bricks.

2. Is it advisable to do stainless steel railings for a staircase that will be used in an apartment with tenants considering the level of traffic and people holding it? I know stainless steel railings start becoming loose after a while. What can be done about that?

3. We want to put those POP ceiling skirting in the flats downstairs. You know the ceiling is from the decking, so those POP skirting by the wall is what I mean. Is the POP person supposed to now charge us per sq like he is building new POP ceilings? I thought he will just buy the skirtings and install them then we negotiate his fee unlike the ceiling upstairs where he built everything from scratch and charged per sq?

Esotechng:
Hello sir, its nomal here in lagos. They where at my site last month before i cast my decking and we negotiated. They gave me a bill of 300k here at ajah, i negotiated 100k, gave them 50k and pleaded to pay the Balance later on.
U see, u were suppose to get an approval with your structural detailing drawing before u commerce with the job. If they shuld seal up ur property u wil pay the 250k for unseal and then even pay for the so called approval. My advise will be to negotiate with them. sometimes engineers knows this, but because of the requirements and timing to gettig this approval, they rather just commerce with the construction and settle the field agents, speaking from experience as am into build and sell. Hope this helps.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nettuno: 10:36am On Aug 20, 2020
Please experts in the house, help me look at this quotation for a parapet. The house is a bungalow of 66.5 meters:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spiceeamiee(f): 11:43am On Aug 20, 2020
Also need the contact of a very good person that can make internal flush doors. I would have liked to use Touchstone but he is in Abuja and I no sure say I fit afford am sef. Budget is 50-60k. I need someone that makes o. Not the type that is already made that is sold in odun ade market. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:47am On Aug 20, 2020
spiceeamiee:
Also need the contact of a very good person that can make internal flush doors. I would have liked to use Touchstone but he is in Abuja and I no sure say I fit afford am sef.
Budget is 50-60k. I need someone that makes o. Not the type that is already made that is sold in odun ade market. Thanks

grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by soonest(f): 11:55am On Aug 20, 2020
Nettuno:
Please experts in the house, help me look at this quotation for a parapet. The house is a bungalow of 66.5 meters:

I think the iron and mason quote is ok including the labour charges, but you see the wood quotation, me i don't understand o. It's quite much but it will depend on the style and curvature of your parapet. Get more quotes for carpentry work and compare. His labour charge is fair
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nettuno: 12:09pm On Aug 20, 2020
soonest:

I think the iron and mason quote is ok including the labour charges, but you see the wood quotation, me i don't understand o. It's quite much but it will depend on the style and curvature of your parapet. Get more quotes for carpentry work and compare. His labour charge is fair

Thanks so much
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spiceeamiee(f): 12:26pm On Aug 20, 2020
No laugh me o. Do you know anyone?

n3xt:

grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:35pm On Aug 20, 2020
spiceeamiee:
No laugh me o. Do you know anyone?

We’re in the same boat ma. I’m also looking for good, cheap and fast.

The person I knew won’t do something within that budget range. Besides, I need to book in advance if I’m using him.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spiceeamiee(f): 12:44pm On Aug 20, 2020
How much do you think this will cost? Is the person in Lagos?

n3xt:

We’re in the same boat ma. I’m also looking for good, cheap and fast.

The person I knew won’t do something within that budget range. Besides, I need to book in advance if I’m using him.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 1:07pm On Aug 20, 2020
Nettuno:

The quotation is a bit higher but not too much.

But at rotech building concept
We have another way of making this cast -in-situ
Concrete facial VERY CHEAP now by using Already made STEEL MOULD this will eliminate the PLANK by 90pec bcs we will still use few plank for the round top BEAM.

This will reduce your quotation by HALVE, YES and at the time taking to do it is also lesser

To cap it all you don’t need to plaster the parapet again bcs the final process will comes out neat.

Pics attached are the one we did for some
Member here in diff location.

We did it for the mini flat at the back of the duplex here in the pics

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Person2person(m): 2:10pm On Aug 20, 2020
spiceeamiee:
Also need the contact of a very good person that can make internal flush doors. I would have liked to use Touchstone but he is in Abuja and I no sure say I fit afford am sef. Budget is 50-60k. I need someone that makes o. Not the type that is already made that is sold in odun ade market. Thanks

we assure you of quality door.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kambols95(m): 2:11pm On Aug 20, 2020
YOUR BUILDING IS IN SAFE HANDS.
I AM A STRUCTURAL ENGINEER WHILE MY WIFE IS AN ARCHITECT.

YOU CAN CONTACT MAK DESIGNS & CONSULT FOR YOUR:
- SURVEY PLAN
- ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN
- STRUCTURAL DESIGN
- MECHANICAL DESIGN
- ELECTRICAL DESIGN
- BILL OF QUANTITIES
- PARAPET CONSTRUCTION
- SUPERVISION OF BUILDING PROJECTS
- GENERAL CONSULTANCY SERVICES

All at a reduced professional costs.

CONTACT US TODAY...
makdesignsandconsult@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 2:11pm On Aug 20, 2020
Nettuno:

I'll give you the1by12 #1100 for sawmill and #950 for fadala but I'll advise you to use sawmill for neat job instead of 1200 in the quotation and also there are some area we needs to cut down some expenses but you can simply contact me for the paraphet I'll connect you with my paraphet man with far lesser price and proffesioner job than up there or contact me for the woods only..your choice.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Donoppy(m): 2:56pm On Aug 20, 2020
GoodFaith:

Measurement after wood work other big game of hid and seek
Hmm.... can you just give me a brief explanation of what you are insinuating please ?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nettuno: 3:14pm On Aug 20, 2020
rotecch77:

Concrete facial VERY CHEAP now by using Already made STEEL MOULD this will eliminate the PLANK by 90pec bcs we will still use few plank for the round top BEAM.

This will reduce your quotation by HALVE, YES and at the time taking to do it is also lesser

To cap it all you don’t need to plaster the parapet again bcs the final process will comes out neat.

And where are you located?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Donoppy(m): 3:31pm On Aug 20, 2020
Oliran:

P&T Boy's Town is not yet free, the land is said to belong to Nitel. Though we heard they've resolved it in court in favour of the Omo Onile. But until Gazette is released, no property in that Estate can be granted approval.

I digress, LASBCA now request for letter of Authorization to Commence construction, that's where you will be nailed despite not giving approval. And when your site is sealed for residential it's 400,000. 250,000 for contravention fee and 150,000 for unsealing fee.

Send me a DM.

Okay ... can I have your digit to text you on whatapp ma’am
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jalofun: 3:32pm On Aug 20, 2020
How much do you charge for this STEEL MOULD type of concrete facial
rotecch77:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mrwow: 3:35pm On Aug 20, 2020
Nettuno:

If u are in Delta... Dm I can give u better price for the wood
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Donoppy(m): 3:47pm On Aug 20, 2020
So finally we let go the site engineer after several attempt to restore peace between my dad and him, he(my dad) accused the engineer of trying to frustrate him because he didn’t give the avenue for the engineer to rip him off and when I got to hear from the engineer’s side of the story he said my dad started behaving this way to him ever since he brought his QS to site who happens to be his childhood friend and he(the engineer) said the QS is going behind his back to condemn his work to my dad which I feel is just an overreaction from him ...
And the reason we had to bring in the QS in the first place is because the engineer barely even have time to come to the site because he’s working for a company , all he just does is come to site once a while to supervise the work and see if the workers did what he asked of them to do.
Well it’s a long story, but to cut it short . The QS who happens to have about 30+ yrs of experience(which could be true because I see he’s actually good at his QS thing) is now working together with my dad to continue but still I feel I need the presence of an engineer to do supervision and I want to ask , is it advisable if I should get another site engineer and at this point? And if I can should I just pay the engineer per day since I don’t think I would be needing him to be present everyday just some selected days where it’s important ,like to do the slab, column ,roofing and main works like that.
Please I need your suggestion as we are already at the stage where we will soon need to cast the slab.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 3:49pm On Aug 20, 2020
Nettuno:

And where are you located?

Lagos but we work everywhere
08066619493 call and whatzap
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 3:52pm On Aug 20, 2020
Jalofun:
How much do you charge for this STEEL MOULD type of concrete facial

We give quotation for the materials and the installation separate
Final cost is far cheaper as I said
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 3:52pm On Aug 20, 2020
Donoppy:

Hmm.... can you just give me a brief explanation of what you are insinuating please ?
A standard four flat and standard roof of 12ft or 14ft Hight is about 375
watch out roofer will give 400 to 525 measurement that can increase your cost from 200k to 500k
If you can get a roofer and make it clear
You will pay a fee for measurement that you already have somebody to do the work
Call five roofers for measurement --Your eye will open

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jalofun: 3:54pm On Aug 20, 2020
I will call you sir

Final cost is far cheaper as I said [/quote]
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 4:03pm On Aug 20, 2020
See how we intend to transform this place to a completely new model...

New Ceiling.
New Wall Finishing.
New Lighting...
Just bringing it back to 21st century style...

https://www.nairaland.com/5825308/interior-redesign-reconstruction-3-bedroom/4#93031330

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 4:03pm On Aug 20, 2020
Jalofun:
I will call you sir

Final cost is far cheaper as I said

Ok sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 4:10pm On Aug 20, 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:22pm On Aug 20, 2020
spiceeamiee:

Why not try quality MDF doors that will last. Prices are even lower than your budget

(1) (2) (3) ... (1526) (1527) (1528) (1529) (1530) (1531) (1532) ... (3675) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: VanuatuWycombe, ajabani4allah(m), joycluv and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.