Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,308 members, 7,853,425 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 04:24 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1545) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4486309 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1542) (1543) (1544) (1545) (1546) (1547) (1548) ... (3690) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 10:08pm On Aug 24, 2020
n3xt:

The second model (2 units) built in 2014.

Designed by Ihebrooke

The question is if you need to raised the building so high, why not just build a perimeter cantilever retaining walls around the mini-estate, then fill the inside walls at a regular interval to achieve a suitable bearing capacity that the one storey building can rest on comfortably?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 10:26pm On Aug 24, 2020
Good evening dear friends.

Please I need the contact of a land surveyor in Abeokuta, Ogun state. It will be appreciated if this post is quoted with his or her contact.

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mayor78: 10:33pm On Aug 24, 2020
AZUH:
I am seeing many new I’d. Do Guys have any future plans for yourselfs ?

Hey! Here comes Azuh, our Morocco man. Happy New Year Sir!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SurveyorGeo: 11:12pm On Aug 24, 2020
QSFemi:

Please I need the contact of a land surveyor in Abeokuta, Ogun state. It will be appreciated if this post is quoted with his or her contact.

Thanks.

I can handle all your survey needs by God's grace. my contact is 08069018449. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:24pm On Aug 24, 2020
abdulwastecx:

The question is if you need to raised the building so high, why not just build a perimeter cantilever retaining walls around the mini-estate, then fill the inside walls at a regular interval to achieve a suitable bearing capacity that the one storey building can rest on comfortably?

The land has already been sandfilled many years before purchase. There were existing blocks (almost 5 years old buildings) on the left and the right side of the development.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 11:35pm On Aug 24, 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mayor78: 12:03am On Aug 25, 2020
[quote author=Rexology post=93135045]

According to reputable Engineers here, doing a chain lintel is the best practice for all house types especially for upstairs. I have heard them say that you can get away without doing one if your house is a bungalow especially if you are building on budget or simply wants to save cost.

So it is a matter of choice if your 3bedroom flat is a bungalow.

If I am to build a modern bungalow with parapet and all these big pillars, I would chain at the DPC, and chain also at the lintel.

One major advantage of chaining I like is the ability to change plan in the middle or after the house is completed. You can safely open a wall to create more space or install door or windows without much problem. I love that possibility.

Again chaining at DPC and lintel does a lot of good to the structural integrity of your house if appropriate foundation was done according structural Engineers here. Follow best practice.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by earthrealm(m): 12:42am On Aug 25, 2020
Dominionng:

Don't sweat it sir, it's better but not cheaper. Do you think something will be better and cheaper and the entire country will be blind to it? At the moment, I'm running projects using plasterboard with grids, plasterboard without grids, POP precast and full dry construction(building without blocks). I get these materials almost every week and been doing these here almost a decade, biko don't be deceived.

I came late to the party.
Polystrene ceiling, am suprised no one mentioned it, abi its not common or too expensive?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 12:49am On Aug 25, 2020
Enyinne:
Oga , Your not an engineer and knows nothing about building. Always responding sarcastically when people says there cost . Always believe the cost spent on building esp foundation as cost is variable and all land conditions are not same .Respectable member here gave me a quote of 12.7m to erect from foundation to decking without his professional fee .When I received it , i doubted it and decided to buy all materials by myself and labour as i was feeling his quotation was much but i must confess i hv spent very very closely to that amount to achieve foundation to decking . grin So mind ur language at times as meself no get joy now .
I do not think there is a place i have claim to be an engineer in this forum, i only recommend, if required, i do not think there is anywhere in this world where asking question lead to fight. I hv nothing against ur project, which one be gbas wey you dey throw. I bow oooo. you come write long essay like this. I am not an engineer, that i say patronise them to avoid questions that touch the brain, body & soul. U dey castigate me. Mbok no vexs

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 1:14am On Aug 25, 2020
megacontrol:
To be fair the guy assumed you meant you did a 5 meter HIGH foundation and was only trying to clarify if you meant to say 5ft (instead of the 5m you wrote). Hence he stated that 5m is about 15ft oh...

Make we dey calm down sometimes.

N5m not 5m.v

@Chekitaut

i ask questions, it aggravate her anger. ma'am clam down. We no get fight for cooler.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 1:32am On Aug 25, 2020
mufutau55:

Problem is that, some Contractor will give you a lower estimates to attract your business but when construction starts there will be many stories but it will be too late to stop your project. Due deligence is the advise.
Thank you.

Hajji M.
My take all the time...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 1:42am On Aug 25, 2020
Chekitaut:
I have read so many say "i dont believe i will spend more than budget, project has to hold for wrong budgeting, budget has to shift goal post back because the person doing the job knows very well" if you start with low budget you will be happy to execute project after getting in it he now bring unencouraging requirements.
@Hajji M
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kingzsoul: 1:58am On Aug 25, 2020
QSFemi:

Thanks.

Contact wasiu on +2347062925253. He's reliable. Tell him from tayo
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:10am On Aug 25, 2020
QSFemi:

Thanks.

Is it that you don’t know how to make direct contact with the Bureau of Lands and Survey office in Abeokuta, Ogun state?

The office is in Block D, New Secretariat, Oke-Mosan.

That’s the website http://ogunstate.gov.ng/bureau-of-lands-and-survey/

Let the government office recommend to you. It’s safer for you!

When I wanted to do approvals in Ijebu Ode last month, I called the Abeokuta office and they gave me the number to call in the Ijebu Ode office.

I didn’t do they told me to tell you.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:19am On Aug 25, 2020
n3xt:

Is No. 4 service affordable? If yes, I’m working on the attached, let’s discuss.

I hope consultation is FREE

espirit de corps �

QSFemi:
Boss, if consultation for this huge project is free, then how will the QS survive?

Boss, as you can see I gave you my consultation for free o. That’s the beauty of this place.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 3:11am On Aug 25, 2020
Badgers14:

Ahn ahn nah.. why you go compare stamped concrete with interlock grin cheesy

Stamped concrete sure is way better than interlock.

I think the only deciding factor there is price..

Do you happen to have a rough estimate on how much a typical interlock costs vs stamped concrete for a project like the one in this 3D.?

Thanks for your response here. Because I think stamped concrete is far better too
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 3:12am On Aug 25, 2020
mufutau55:

In my last build I used interlocking, but knowing what I know now I would have used stamped concrete. But the stamped concrete should be a good standard concrete, well stamped and colored. Even the, Spyder advised me to use stamped concrete, I should have listened. But future problem about plumbing or underground repairs in the yard is why I chose interlocking.
But both have pros and cons. Thanks.

Hajji M.

Well stated
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 3:18am On Aug 25, 2020
See how we revamped this 20yr old house to a 21st century modern interior design.

Guess the selling point. We did it all in just 6 Days. From reconstruction to painting, POP lights and all...

See this thread for details on how we achieved that.

https://www.nairaland.com/5825308/interior-redesign-reconstruction-3-bedroom/4#93193108

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 3:35am On Aug 25, 2020
mufutau55:

Problem is that, some Contractor will give you a lower estimates to attract your business but when construction starts there will be many stories but it will be too late to stop your project. Due deligence is the advise.
Thank you.

Hajji M.

Bless you. I hope this sinks in well enough. Coz it's a fact. It's equally good to compare with other people but be mindful of the knowledge and background of who is giving you quote. Experience matters alot especially for a more realistic field personnel.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enyinne(f): 5:10am On Aug 25, 2020
Oga we are not kids . Stay clear of my post as i cant tolerate ur sarcasm well.Remember this is not the first time someone has ask me this question and u come up with ur usual.
Chekitaut:
I do not think there is a place i have claim to be an engineer in this forum, i only recommend, if required, i do not think there is anywhere in this world where asking question lead to fight. I hv nothing against ur project, which one be gbas wey you dey throw. I bow oooo. you come write long essay like this. I am not an engineer, that i say patronise them to avoid questions that touch the brain, body & soul. U dey castigate me. Mbok no vexs

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 6:26am On Aug 25, 2020
That is nice.
EgunMogaji2:

If you already have land and a building plan, have someone help you stake out your gate and septic tank then plant away.

You’ll move in with matured trees.

This is what I did at my micro estate. I have five trees that will mature for new residents to sit under and also eat from.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 6:37am On Aug 25, 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 6:42am On Aug 25, 2020
Thanks for your help, boss. I'm grateful.

However, I've given free consultations on this platform times without number to respectable members of this thread.

Besides, you didn't tell me what you need me for.

Thanks.

n3xt:

Boss, as you can see I gave you my consultation for free o. That’s the beauty of this place.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:03am On Aug 25, 2020
QSFemi:
Thanks for your help, boss. I'm grateful.

However, I've given free consultations on this platform times without number to respectable members of this thread.

Besides, you didn't tell me what you need me for.

Thanks.

Thank you sir. Don’t stop to give help.

To become more valuable, always add value to more people.

I never had to apply or press for my first Nairaland project. I only point the client to the errors in his design (toilets were just 900mm). I knew he didn’t know how small that was and I asked him to get a measuring tape and check what 900mm looks like. That was how I was engaged to provide a new design and build the house.

Our initial discussion was to help oversee procurement.

We’ll discuss my project later. It’s a build, operate and transfer project and I’m trying to weigh in on options. I’m just a little busy right now.

Thanks for all you do.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 7:12am On Aug 25, 2020
Enyinne:
Oga we are not kids . Stay clear of my post as i cant tolerate ur sarcasm well.Remember this is not the first time someone has ask me this question and u come up with ur usual.
We... I don't understand

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enyinne(f): 7:37am On Aug 25, 2020
And i know u understand the stay clear of my post part
Chekitaut:
We... I don't understand

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 7:42am On Aug 25, 2020
Enyinne:
And i know u understand the stay clear of my post part
Chai... grin cool
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SanniOluwafemi(m): 8:16am On Aug 25, 2020
[quote author=sinorte post=93163896]Please I need top notch recommendations for artisans that can handle the following jobs:

1. Plastering
2. POP
3. Window design

I understand our brothers from Republic of Benin are skilled at these tasks. So I wouldn't mind someone from that side.

Please let me mention that I prefer to work directly with the artisans. I do not need middlemen or contractors.

Thank you[/quote

Yom can contact Maplewood Furniture for your home furniture
Call 08022283035
WhatsApp https:///message/NWZWIVFM4MP4G1

Check my profile -- https://www.nairaland.com/3555646/every-home-deserves-tastefully-furnished
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 8:25am On Aug 25, 2020
There is nothing bad in trying new things.

Meanwhile, if you need electric fence-wire or barb wire in that your estate, do not hesitate to consult me sir. I will be glad to work in that estate grin. Check My details in my signature.
EgunMogaji2:

I’ve owned and lived in homes with septic tanks in the USA. I have many friends whose source of water is from boreholes. The USA is pretty large and diversified. Generators and gateman houses abound in Southern California albeit in mostly private communities.

I’m pretty comfortable with my builds. I have never and will never suggest for anyone to follow my ideas. I hate chambers, I think they are nonsense. I put my money where my mouth is and I’m living comfortably with my choices. Daily, not as as two weeks per year vacation thing but day in and day out.

I’ll continue to use and share my methods but no one is forced to use them. I “try” to build my houses to USA building codes, not just Nigeria building codes. My estate was recently visited by an inspector from my local government and he had nothing but praises for me and wish that most would overbuild like me and follow established protocols. My grouse with you is that you choose to paint with a wide brush. But that’s okay too, we can’t all be the same.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AZUH: 8:41am On Aug 25, 2020
Mayor78:

Hey! Here comes Azuh, our Morocco man. Happy New Year Sir!
sambisa man .

(1) (2) (3) ... (1542) (1543) (1544) (1545) (1546) (1547) (1548) ... (3690) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Aforxzy(f) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.