Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,722 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1552) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4397417 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1549) (1550) (1551) (1552) (1553) (1554) (1555) ... (3668) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 4:36am On Aug 28, 2020
ComradeShegs:
Please how much is a 9inches block in Lagos.

P.S - It's been sold for 170 here in Jos

About 200 - 220 Depends on location
Months back you can get for 180 - 200 in some areas...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 4:37am On Aug 28, 2020
izehieddie:
Please guys I need a rough estimate about the amount of price needed to build 3 or 4 bedroom semi detached duplex in Lagos. The whole plan is to build twin semi detached and a fully detached at the front but I can build the semi detached first and later build the fully detached.

We have done similar stuffs before... Check out my thread

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 4:39am On Aug 28, 2020
QSFemi:
Good morning.

1 bag of 50kg cement can set an average of 45 blocks.

Correct

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 4:40am On Aug 28, 2020
rotecch77:

Good of you BABA

What I usually do now is that ones i known that your building is a commercial structure with above 8 toilets I will introduced larger diameter pipe like 6” thick pipe with solid block chamber. with this you can’t experience blockage. The 1st one I deed was about 8yrs ago, block of 6 flats till today no opening of chamber for once.

I have same plan for this ongoing project

Ride on
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 5:25am On Aug 28, 2020
Good morning my people, are you need of quality Spanish, Italian, China and Nigeria tile Marble and granite, sanitary wares and security door we are here for you, I deal with all mentioned

.https://www.nairaland.com/5349336/executive-toilet-seat-showroom-close/8#up

https:///2347087953771
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 6:30am On Aug 28, 2020
Dennis3D:

We have done similar stuffs before... Check out my thread

Perfect, keep it up bro
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 7:34am On Aug 28, 2020
Pictures

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kambols95(m): 8:02am On Aug 28, 2020
[quote author=izehieddie post=93265737]Please guys I need a rough estimate about the amount of price needed to build 3 or 4 bedroom semi detached duplex in Lagos. The whole plan is to build twin semi detached and a fully detached at the front but I can build the semi detached first and later build the fully detached.[/quote

Location please?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 8:16am On Aug 28, 2020
twinskenny:

it is what it is bro,,, no need to sugar coat what is not... and honestly i will love to pay you a visit to see how you setup this things...

and like i said, it is easier said than done

no sugar coating here Sir, it's good to see for yourself before you conclude it's easier said than done. I have my installer install them on several projects for my clients and they are all intact till now with no maintainance yet n it's upto like 3years now.

that you are not familiar with it doesn't mean it's not possible, go to lekki county n u will see more of the motion sensored gates there

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 8:28am On Aug 28, 2020
Hello guys.
Pls I need a tile dealer or supplier for this type of Tiles shown here. Kindly let me know your price here on direct message on my profile.

Location. Within Ikota Axis. Lekki.
Kitchen Tiles. 25x90mm

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 8:31am On Aug 28, 2020
Enyinne:
Yes i wont deny that from u . Your quote came highest in all but ironically it became the quote that matched my outcome . It was said the land is dry and someone said 7m from foundation to decking, i was happy to start but until i got in then it was seen that the land is waterlogged and that was the game changer , escalated from budget of 7m to 12.2m to decking.
Sorry dear , we hv more to do in future. I highly appreciate

can I say I love you without Oga sending DSS after me oh. I so much like n love your response n openness on this. God bless you unlike some people that knows nothing but jumping on to respond to all posts here.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ComradeShegs(m): 8:39am On Aug 28, 2020
Dennis3D:

About 200 - 220 Depends on location
Months back you can get for 180 - 200 in some areas...

Wow. OK. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by earthrealm(m): 8:45am On Aug 28, 2020
n3xt:

Projected Cost to Finish: N40m

Securing Windows: We already made provision for matching burglar bars to be installed on the ground and upper floor for that particular window and others.

Cooling the Game Room: There's provision of a 25mm ventilation gap along the eaves. We are also making provision of 50mm air gap between roof insulation and a vapour control layer. Then, there's plan for a vent extraction fan discharging to outside air.

Wow, nice, am a big fan of such windows, just discouraged as i feel the fugly protectors would take away the beauty... If you have pictures of previous installs, would be interested to see how it.

@ cooling the eaves, good job. That space is usually wasted in most nigerian homes. So would you deck the floor of the game room, or use timber for the floor?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 8:48am On Aug 28, 2020
emmyN:

Thank you. This should be the better alternative. My local painter had recommended four to five drums of the base emulsion paint sold for about N3,500.

do not forget he also stated "if the wall is well plastered". though that quantity seems too much
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 10:04am On Aug 28, 2020
cash1115:
Pictures

I don't really care for these complicated designs but props for the straightness of work. That's how I asked for simple letter O and H to be done in my Welcome Center. It looked like chicken scratch when they were done. I just had to have them cancel it out angry

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 10:07am On Aug 28, 2020
Horlardorjah:

no sugar coating here Sir, it's good to see for yourself before you conclude it's easier said than done. I have my installer install them on several projects for my clients and they are all intact till now with no maintainance yet n it's upto like 3years now.

that you are not familiar with it doesn't mean it's not possible, go to lekki county n u will see more of the motion sensored gates there

This is one of my pet peeves on here. Folks discounting things based on what they are exposed to.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enyinne(f): 10:13am On Aug 28, 2020
Hahhah, thanks dear . I appreciate u too . Oga go understand nah .we must say it as it is even when it hurts .Kudos to all those making this thread worth the read , Y'all are appreciated
Horlardorjah:

can I say I love you without Oga sending DSS after me oh. I so much like n love your response n openness on this. God bless you unlike some people that knows nothing but jumping on to respond to all posts here.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 1:07pm On Aug 28, 2020
Dennis3D:
Hello guys.
Pls I need a tile dealer or supplier for this type of Tiles shown here. Kindly let me know your price here on direct message on my profile.

Location. Within Ikota Axis. Lekki.
Kitchen Tiles. 25x90mm

My spec of tiles and design. I so much love white. Well done! You are doing well and your aesthetics taste is equally good.

No be all those builders/designers wey go say "Oga, leave am like that, na this one others dey use" even when you are trying to bring them to reality of modern day house design grin

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 1:42pm On Aug 28, 2020
Job Done!!
Another Successful Roofing Project Completed
Site Location: Ibadan Oyo State
Roof Design : Milano Design
Colour: Wine with Black Patches
Roof meters: =225Sqm

To get the Cost that Roofed this Building Call/WhatsApp 08085310359

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 1:43pm On Aug 28, 2020
Job Done!!
Another Successful Roofing Project Completed
Site Location: Abekoko Area Ifo Ogun State
Roof Design : Classic Design
Colour: Black
Roof meters: =480Sqm

To get the Cost that Roofed this Building Call/WhatsApp 08085310359

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolajinoni1(m): 3:50pm On Aug 28, 2020
Acres and Plots of land available for sale at OBADA Abeokuta kobape itori atan ota ikorodun Lagos epe papalatoro and ifo coker ogun state, you can also call us for your land registered Survey, layout Architect, builders, and property managers For more info & inspection pls call: 08137651008, 09053010009, Email: abiodunbolaji17@gmail.com Whatsapp: 08137651008
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by boay(m): 4:20pm On Aug 28, 2020
It's been a while here
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by boay(m): 4:25pm On Aug 28, 2020
sinorte:
Please I need top notch recommendations for artisans that can handle the following jobs:

1. Plastering
2. POP
3. Window design

I understand our brothers from Republic of Benin are skilled at these tasks. So I wouldn't mind someone from that side.

Please let me mention that I prefer to work directly with the artisans. I do not need middlemen or contractors.

Thank you

I can link you up with a guy in Lagos, he is from Benin Republic. He has worked in several part of Nigeria
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by boay(m): 4:28pm On Aug 28, 2020
izehieddie:
Please guys I need a rough estimate about the amount of price needed to build 3 or 4 bedroom semi detached duplex in Lagos. The whole plan is to build twin semi detached and a fully detached at the front but I can build the semi detached first and later build the fully detached.

Supply the gross floor area of the building
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by boay(m): 4:34pm On Aug 28, 2020
We are at your service for

1. Preparation of bills of Quantities

2. Preparation of Material and Labour Schedule

3. Construction Management

4. Contract Management

5. Pricing of bills of Quantities

6. Vetting of quotations

7. Negotiations

8. Professional advice and consultancy etc....

We are at your service.

We ensure value for your money
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by JoeDimeji(m): 8:09pm On Aug 28, 2020
Own a mini flat at Ogijo Ikorodu Lagos state. Serious buyer only +234 810 005 7815.

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by JoeDimeji(m): 8:10pm On Aug 28, 2020
15million
JoeDimeji:
Own a mini flat at Ogijo Ikorodu Lagos state. Serious buyer only +234 810 005 7815.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PropertyVendor(m): 9:51pm On Aug 28, 2020
New Price List For Rod And Cement

Another increase in the price of Rod.

Below are our prices of building materials on Friday, ‎August ‎28, ‎2020:

Remember to order your Rods and Cement from our list below as we await your calls.

Visit ===> Latest Prices of Rods and Cement in Edo/Delta State Nigeria For more details....

DANGOTE CEMENT 3X 50KG

(100 – 399 bags) ===> N 2,500

(400 – 600 bags) ===> N2,480

For Truck Price Call : 070-6481-6581

BUA CEMENT

(100-399) ===> N 2500

(400-600) ===> N 2450

REINFORCEMENT STEEL BARS

25mm Rods (22 Pieces) per tonne ============> 221,000.00 NGN

25mm Rod One Full Length ============> 10,050.00 NGN

20mm Rods (34 Pieces) per tonne ============> 255,000.00 NGN

20mm Rod One Full Length ============> 7500.00 NGN

16mm Rods (53 Pieces) per tonne ============> 235,850.00 NGN

16mm Rod One Full Length ============> 4,450.00 NGN

12mm Rods (94 Pieces) per tonne ============> 239,700.00 NGN

12mm Rod One Full Length ============> 2550.00 NGN

10mm Rods (135 Pieces) per tonne ===========> 263,250.00 NGN

10mm Rod One Full Length ===========> 1,950.00 NGN

8mm Rods (210 pieces) per tonne ============> 283,500.00 NGN

8mm Rod One Full Length ============> 1350.00 NGN

Quarter Rods ( Long ) 50 pieces per bundle ========> 25,000.00 NGN

Quarter Rods ( Medium ) 50 pieces per bundle ========> 17,500.00 NGN

Quarter Rods (Short ) 50 pieces per bundle =======> 12,500.00 NGN

Binding Wires (3kg, 8kg, 10kg, 12kg, 15kg, 20kg) =========> Price Ranges per Kilogram

Call,

Fidelis – 070-6481-6581

Note:

Prices are same on all locations in Benin-City / Delta State.
Free delivery for all items listed (Long Distance May Attract Extra Charges).
Prices are based on bulk discounts and apply when you buy in large quantities.
Prices are at current rates and may change later due to market forces.

PropertyVendor
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by boyka1: 10:10pm On Aug 28, 2020
This is the estimate a carpenter gave me for wood work excluding workmanship. I sincerely think his estimate is quite doggy. Please house make una help me.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rajput4real93: 10:50pm On Aug 28, 2020
boyka1:
This is the estimate a carpenter gave me for wood work excluding workmanship. I sincerely think his estimate is quite doggy. Please house make una help me.
Please don't negotiate with him.The guy is a thief.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1549) (1550) (1551) (1552) (1553) (1554) (1555) ... (3668) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: completey(f), kebliss(m), BabaChicago(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.