Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,166 members, 7,835,903 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1550) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4443829 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1547) (1548) (1549) (1550) (1551) (1552) (1553) ... (3679) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kingzsoul: 9:16pm On Aug 26, 2020
n3xt:

Your architect should know better. He must have seen the land and know the bearing capacity of the soil.

He has done that..actually i wanted 3bed before, so i now changed plan and told him to hold on
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kambols95(m): 9:34pm On Aug 26, 2020
Danenergy:
Good day house...pls how many bags of cement will it take to set 2500 blocks
Or rather how many 5inches block can one set with one bag of cement...
Pls I need to know b4 this engineer put holes in my pocket

Thanks

This depends on how strong and stable you want your blocks to be? I'm sure you wanted to say either 6 or 9 inches block. Though making 5 inches sancrete hollow block is not impossible.

I will advice you make produce between 30-40 blocks with 1 bag of cement. At least that will make the block have the required strength.

Let say 35 blocks for instance. That means u will have to divide 2500 blocks by 35 to know the number of bags of cement to purchase. That should be around 72 bags.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 9:42pm On Aug 26, 2020
Well, you have point.
n3xt:

Well angry

You can either make a difference or make an excuse. You cannot make both.

I was in Ibadan for a project in 2018. I created my own world by working with the younger generation.

During that period, I built the largest young leaders network with over 1,000 members in the University of Ibadan and UCH/ABH. I was able to work with young, vibrant and innovative minds throughout my stay.

There’s a lot of potential in that city. You just need to understand how to unearth it.

Beside construction, I’m also investing heavily in the younger generation. I believe we can all make a difference and there’s hope for Nigeria.

_____
I was raised in IB tho. I rep IB.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:54pm On Aug 26, 2020
n3xt:

The project was executed by Cappa and D’Alberto and not Julius Berger like I stated earlier.

It’s solid.

Equally well qualified and above reproach grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by alstacs(m): 10:06pm On Aug 26, 2020
[quote author=AZUH post=93132732][/quote]
The great Mr Azuh. Welcome back sir.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:42pm On Aug 26, 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ComradeShegs(m): 12:37am On Aug 27, 2020
Please how much is a 9inches block in Lagos.

P.S - It's been sold for 170 here in Jos
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:41am On Aug 27, 2020
coldcandy:
This thread is for sand and cement matters. Abeg, tell us how these scents can give us less costly builds.

@Macsjebs

This is what happens when you target a wrong market.

Your marketing messages will not resonate with them as it did not capitalize on their pain points (how to save BIG on building projects).

This type of marketing will only make you lose potential customers and waste a lot of your marketing nairas.

Change tack.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 1:17am On Aug 27, 2020
n3xt:

@Macsjebs

This is what happens when you target a wrong market.

Your marketing messages will not resonate with them as it did not capitalize on their pain points (how to save BIG on building projects).

This type of marketing will only make you lose potential customers and waste a lot of your marketing nairas.

Change tack.
He probably didn't read the headline, can someone direct him to where people are looking for love and affection. Na only cement, iron rod, concrete, with a lot of nice building designs with like minded people they gather here to discuss how to get best value for their money in building business.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by izehieddie(m): 2:34am On Aug 27, 2020
Please guys I need a rough estimate about the amount of price needed to build 3 or 4 bedroom semi detached duplex in Lagos. The whole plan is to build twin semi detached and a fully detached at the front but I can build the semi detached first and later build the fully detached.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:00am On Aug 27, 2020
izehieddie:
Please guys I need a rough estimate about the amount of price needed to build 3 or 4 bedroom semi detached duplex in Lagos. The whole plan is to build twin semi detached and a fully detached at the front but I can build the semi detached first and later build the fully detached.

Send your architectural and structural drawings to my WhatsApp :+2347035596641
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 6:16am On Aug 27, 2020
Bearing capacity shouldn't be the work of an architect
n3xt:

Your architect should know better. He must have seen the land and know the bearing capacity of the soil.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 6:18am On Aug 27, 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 6:52am On Aug 27, 2020
Pascopele:
I need a quotation for a 4 bed room bungalow with a master bed room from foundation to roofing Only

No fittings o Plumbing included Just cost of foundation till roofing
Your architectural plan pls?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 6:55am On Aug 27, 2020
kingzsoul:
Please house. I want to know if i can have my master bedroom as a penthouse in a 3bedroom bungalow on a waterlogged land cos my architect is waiting for my decision.
You can have it. Ur structural engineer should be the one to make it work.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by raymondFirstborn(m): 7:04am On Aug 27, 2020
izehieddie:

Is your land dry or waterlogged
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jimbiz(m): 8:05am On Aug 27, 2020
On going project in Calabar, I will post the finishing soon.
Contact me for all your stamp flooring jobs.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by earthrealm(m): 8:12am On Aug 27, 2020
coldcandy:

Yes. That's the job of the roof beam. But many homeowners dont do it cause of finances. Some people just fill up the block holes of the top course

So i saw a bungalow, the external lintel was chained all round, then the roof lintel was also chained all round, for the concrete facia i felt it was over engineered now i KNOW it was over engineered grin

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Pascopele: 8:26am On Aug 27, 2020
Good morning Sir, I have got none, can you help me with one?
uncleteeh:

Your architectural plan pls?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 8:27am On Aug 27, 2020
Good morning.

If you haven't had the detailed design of the architectural and structural drawings done yet, it would be difficult to get a realistic projected cost as different buildings, even of the same designs, most often than not have different construction cost.

However, if you have an idea of the gross floor area of the building, then an approximate estimate can be given to you based on that.

izehieddie:

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Pascopele: 8:28am On Aug 27, 2020
Delta state and Lagos
Chekitaut:
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:34am On Aug 27, 2020
Abolarin91:
Bearing capacity shouldn't be the work of an architect

Yes, it’s not his job but he needs to be well informed everything important about the land before drawing the plan.

This is one reason I respect ihebrooke (Nairaland architect) so much. He always ensure he obtain all the relevant information before designing for me.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 8:35am On Aug 27, 2020
Good morning.

1 bag of 50kg cement can set an average of 45 blocks.

Danenergy:
Good day house...pls how many bags of cement will it take to set 2500 blocks
Or rather how many 5inches block can one set with one bag of cement...
Pls I need to know b4 this engineer put holes in my pocket

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 8:37am On Aug 27, 2020
Larry1960:
Pls what's the cost of wiring a 3 bedroom flat and tiling a 3 bedroom flat

Wiring only or with conduit pipes .
Questions below needs your input.

-How many AC so u plan to install

-How many water heaters

-Do you plan to install inverter or solar so that provision of inverter/solar Distribution board would be provided.

-Is it a basic installation or standard installation.

-Do you have Design MEP drawings that shows all the socket out, lighting point?

All these is needed to get accurate quote

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 9:26am On Aug 27, 2020
Mercury products available at discounted prices!

Mercury 1.2kva 12v inverter ...... 48,000
Mercury 2.4kva 24v inverter ...... 57,000
Mercury 5kva 48v inverter ......... 293,000
Mercury 7.5kva 120v inverter ... 385,000

Mercury 2kva spirit plus hybrid inverter .. 185,000
Mercury 3kva spirit plus hybrid inverter ... 200,000

Mercury 100a battery ............... 60,000
Mercury 200a battery ................119,000
Mercury 200a gel battery ..........150,000
Mercury 220a tubular battery ....125,000

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by earthrealm(m): 9:32am On Aug 27, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Blockage removal, if necessary can be easily done even with the picture you showed.
diordaves.

Lemme chime in here.
Blockage removal as done by the avg nigerian plumber is done using flexible pvc pipes 1.5 inch or so.
This T or Y connector, such a crude and easily available tool will not work, needing special tools wch the avg plumber will not have easy access to.

So thats the crux of the matter

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:37am On Aug 27, 2020
earthrealm:
diordaves.

Lemme chime in here.
Blockage removal as done by the avg nigerian plumber is done using flexible pvc pipes 1.5 inch or so.
This T or Y connector, such a crude and easily available tool will not work, needing special tools wch the avg plumber will not have easy access to.

So thats the crux of the matter

And when one wants to dine with the devil one uses a long spoon.

1) One shouldn’t be having blockages in a well designed system.

2) If I do have a blockage and with two opposable thumbs then I’ll remove the blockage.

I recognize your opinion but my system works for me.

Cheers.

Ordinary common tool called a snake. I have the larger one and the smaller one is available at Shoprite.

Once again, I’m just sharing what I do. It’s not a bible and doesn’t need to be followed.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:51am On Aug 27, 2020
Sigh!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Larry1960: 10:35am On Aug 27, 2020
topsy23:

Wiring only or with conduit pipes .
Questions below needs your input.

-How many AC so u plan to install

-How many water heaters

-Do you plan to install inverter or solar so that provision of inverter/solar Distribution board would be provided.

-Is it a basic installation or standard installation.

-Do you have Design MEP drawings that shows all the socket out, lighting point?

All these is needed to get accurate quote
O

Bros it's normal house ooooo . I've done the piping and boxing just wiring now. I'm not using Coleman or cable metal.
No water heater. No plan on inverter or solar panel
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:40am On Aug 27, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

And when one wants to dine with the devil one uses a long spoon.

1) One shouldn’t be having blockages in a well designed system.

2) If I do have a blockage and with two opposable thumbs then I’ll remove the blockage.

I recognize your opinion but my system works for me.

Cheers.

Ordinary common tool called a snake. I have the larger one and the smaller one is available at Shoprite.

Once again, I’m just sharing what I do. It’s not a bible and doesn’t need to be followed.

Good of you BABA

What I usually do now is that ones i known that your building is a commercial structure with above 8 toilets I will introduced larger diameter pipe like 6” thick pipe with solid block chamber. with this you can’t experience blockage. The 1st one I did was about 8yrs ago, block of 6 flats till today no opening of chamber for once.

I have same plan for this ongoing project

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1547) (1548) (1549) (1550) (1551) (1552) (1553) ... (3679) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Billions123 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.