Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1572) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4404807 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1569) (1570) (1571) (1572) (1573) (1574) (1575) ... (3670) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 7:05pm On Sep 05, 2020
Dennis3D:

100%

Hello, were you able to get those tiles you were looking for?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 7:21pm On Sep 05, 2020
Focusmind:

Hello, were you able to get those tiles you were looking for?

Yes but client opted for a different type later on.
Price and cost of was really high.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Biddyma: 8:10pm On Sep 05, 2020
spyder880:

Plastering the house.

Follow the list below, note that some of the jobs can go on concurrently with the previous or next jobs.

Me, I get iron Scaffolds for rent (both pipe/coupler and tower Scaffolds) Lagos.

/2348140910670

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sako28: 8:11pm On Sep 05, 2020
Dennis3D:

I just did one recently. It doesn't have any effect on POP If it's done well. POP doesn't carry ceiling fan. Only the fan hook on decking or on wall pate or roof beam does.

See picture below. Did this on a 25yr old building recently just two weeks ago. See my thread for full project pictures...

Thanks Oga,
We were made to believe POP and ceiling fan don't go together. Is this type of fan I plan to install , will be hooked up to the roof beam.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by oduncojamaica(m): 8:16pm On Sep 05, 2020
Sir, how much is the fan and where to buy it.
sako28:

Thanks Oga,
We were made to believe POP and ceiling fan don't go together. Is this type of fan I plan to install , will be hooked up to the roof beam.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sako28: 8:19pm On Sep 05, 2020
oduncojamaica:
Sir, how much is the fan and where to buy it.

On jumia is 72,000
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 8:24pm On Sep 05, 2020
Dennis3D:

Yes but client opted for a different type later on.
Price and cost of was really high.

Hmmm! I like those white tiles, especially the carrara type? Please what are their prices if you don't mind?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by amalab30(m): 9:10pm On Sep 05, 2020
You inspired me over the call bruh. More power to you. Cheers!

n3xt:

Here’s 1.2m kingpost. I hope this inspire you

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kimiwa: 10:05pm On Sep 05, 2020
n3xt:

Here’s 1.2m kingpost. I hope this inspire you
Lovely. I'm sold out to this roof style. The simplicity is it. I like straight lines.
Thanks for sharing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:18am On Sep 06, 2020
n3xt:
On interlock, here are important things to note:

For 6cm thick mold only

36 pcs of stones make 1 sqm using Double T
36 pcs of stones make 1 sqm using Zenith shape
50 pcs of stones make 1 sqm using “I”

30 tons of Stone Dust will produce 280 sqm of 6cm thick stone

1 bag of cement will produce 3.5sqm of stone.

Good pigment to add colour is sold +/- N50,000 per bag.

Labour charges varies from 500 - 700 per sqm for casting and laying. This depends on your bargaining power. Some people will even charge you more if they notice you have no idea.

Compactor rentage is between 10,000 - 15,000 per day. I have my compactor tho used for the project. https://www.facebook.com/199049746782483/posts/3778095355544553/?vh=e

Don’t mind the heavy guy posing on the job grin grin

In few hours, I’ll kickstart a fresh interlocking brick project. The total area is 420sqm and the thickness is 8cm.

Tag along as I show you how to manage your interlocking brick flooring project and also reveal some of the less-known things related to such a big project.

It’s all pretty easy when you understand how to simplify everything in your project and save big but as a newbie that leaves you with plenty of details to figure out.

#WhenTheoryMeetsPractice

Target Audience: those who want to live large yet save big on their project grin
Those who believe life must be unbearable for every owner-builder and those who have a problem for every solution should just ignore my posts, abeg!

_____
Pls feel free to ask questions.

#brabusinterlockDIY
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:46am On Sep 06, 2020
amalab30:
You inspired me over the call bruh. More power to you. Cheers!

Thanks for sharing with me bro!

It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mayor78: 2:08am On Sep 06, 2020
quote author=n3xt post=93569038]

What are you guys talking about. Beauty is in the eye if the beholder. I quite like those base protruding pillars. Have you imagined that a rat could hide under it away from scorching concrete sun while taking a view of the compound for its next escapade?? Again the edges are smooth and appears uniform. It didn't spoil the aesthetic of the 200m build in my opinion.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:30am On Sep 06, 2020
Mayor78:
quote author=n3xt post=93569038]

What are you guys talking about. Beauty is in the eye if the beholder. I quite like those base protruding pillars. Have you imagined that a rat could hide under it away from scorching concrete sun while taking a view of the compound for its next escapade?? Again the edges are smooth and appears uniform. It didn't spoil the aesthetic of the 200m build in my opinion.

It really didn’t spoil the aesthetics. It just brought mixed feelings and made the build a subject of attention.

The beholder in this case are the guests/visitors/patrons (online and offline) and not the owner.
That’s one part most people don’t get right in commercial builds. It’s not always about what you want but what your customers want.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 2:44am On Sep 06, 2020
Biddyma:

Me, I get iron Scaffolds for rent (both pipe/coupler and tower Scaffolds) Lagos.

/2348140910670

Pictures?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:35am On Sep 06, 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 4:57am On Sep 06, 2020
Bobbyunitedfc:
Hello guys... Please I'm currently working on a 3 bedroom apartment, at the lintel stage but I was given a cost estimate of about 500k for just lintel alone, the thing shock me enter bone, please can any one help me with a reduced version let me do some comparisons please.. Thank u so much

Yes you can spend up to that especially if you're buying granite. But if you want to reduce cost, you can buy all the "bottoms" and half the boards so they cast twice.

Or you rent wood from a carpentar.

Modified: for context, the two pictures below are both 3 bedroom flats. We all know their lintel costs cannot be the same.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 5:07am On Sep 06, 2020
twinskenny:
This type of deck is not that common... I want to know if it’s more expensive to do or the technical how?

Saw it at a client site

Think I posted something like this about 3 years ago. It's not really about saving cost although its cheaper than just pumping with ful concrete.. They are used to reduce overall slab weight.

Also used in stadium construction and others..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Biddyma: 7:24am On Sep 06, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Pictures?

Them plenty o, didn't post pics before so that I won't be banned/scolded. smiley
/2348140910670

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 7:45am On Sep 06, 2020
Enyinne:
Ur a lie and i cant banter words with u . Simple . At first I thought i was the only one seeing ur perfectionist part of the all knowing world wide granite seller with d right quantity laced with exorbitant price . No granite seller gives good price except u. Ur sharp sand is the highest i hv heard of 30tons for 75k . Oga jeje ooo. I pity those who dont do their due diligence
Make lie kee u there...Abi pics below look like Photoshop?

Cc: Iorhema

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 7:56am On Sep 06, 2020
There is this id Iorhema, wey collect Dr for sharing post, on household pls sm1 needs. Your contact email.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:14am On Sep 06, 2020
Biddyma:

Them plenty o, didn't post pics before so that I won't be banned/scolded. smiley
/2348140910670

For future reference, historically no one can ban or scold you for posting adverts if you follow this ethical and professional process.

1) Open your own dedicated thread.

2) Post photos, information to your hearts content.

3) Include a link of the thread on your signature.

4) Participate as appropriate in conversations especially those that are inline with your industry so you can be seen as a subject matter expert. Refer folks to view your signature for further information.

Good luck and thanks for sharing.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:45am On Sep 06, 2020
@chekitaut, the screenshot posted is unnecessary. Pls kindly take it down.

Remember you win some and also lose some. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by valencia2012(m): 10:17am On Sep 06, 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 10:47am On Sep 06, 2020
Check our thread for various installations
Electrical
Cctv
Whole house audio system
Electric fence
Video door bell

https://www.nairaland.com/5681155/weve-been-busy-electrical-cctv/22
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 10:50am On Sep 06, 2020
n3xt:
@chekitaut, the screenshot posted is unnecessary. Pls kindly take it down.

Remember you win some and also lose some. Thanks.
She said i lied of my post am proving it, b4 the "we" start to castigate.
All the supplier in the house are silent, there is reason why they are. I am not the best... But my service beat the best of others, it not me is God, Wherever i dlay or disappoint supplies, i am in sever pain.

... everybody get stronghold, mine is in my quantity. I say it. Value for your money.

I offer bonus to order, which supplier does it, its my patronage with Chinese that makes it happen. There is price & effort you make to get such offer from Chinese.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Xtopher123(m): 10:56am On Sep 06, 2020
Blaze Inc. is organizing a series of #BIM workshops focused primarily on #Revit MEP workflows for MEP Engineers.

The first edition comes up in Lagos, Nigeria from 21st to 25th September.

For further details and registration, visit: http://blazethread.com/revit-mep-workshop
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 11:33am On Sep 06, 2020
Dennis3D:

100%
Sure...the saying that you don't just change a winning team hold some truth....if someone does a good job and I am satisfied I see no reason not to keep him for the same job or something similar next time..... it's not just about saving cost but results.....the carpenter and iron bender that did my decking were so good at their job I see no reason to look elsewhere, despite not being physically present they brought my expectations to reality.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Biddyma: 11:40am On Sep 06, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

For future reference, historically no one can ban or scold you for posting adverts if you follow this ethical and professional process.

1) Open your own dedicated thread.

2) Post photos, information to your hearts content.

3) Include a link of the thread on your signature.

4) Participate as appropriate in conversations especially those that are inline with your industry so you can be seen as a subject matter expert. Refer folks to view your signature for further information.

Good luck and thanks for sharing.

Noted, thanks for the enlightenment. I ll update my thread and share.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 12:10pm On Sep 06, 2020
Focusmind:

Hmmm! I like those white tiles, especially the carrara type? Please what are their prices if you don't mind?

7500 per square meter and 11,500 per carton
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 12:18pm On Sep 06, 2020
"Aye ko oto" a Yoruba adage, "World forbids truth."

"..If you say the truth, u die; if u lie u die, Dino choose to say the truth & die"-Sen. Dino

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 12:24pm On Sep 06, 2020
Happy Sunday to you all nairaland members and customers, well we are still here for you those that may need our goods and services, I deal with all kinds building materials such: Tiles, granite, Doors , sanitary etc our price is affordable you are free to compare our price

Make
Spanish

Italian

China
Nigeria
Etc
Qualities

Vitrified

Porcelain

Ceramic

Our location is at divine plaza shop 215- 220 , by our line odun-ade market coker badagry Expressway Lagos

Visit my thread check https://www.nairaland.com/dfameguy11s

https:///2347087953771
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 12:24pm On Sep 06, 2020
DFAMEGUY11S:
Happy Sunday to you all nairaland members and customers, well we are still here for you those that may need our goods and services, I deal with all kinds building materials such: Tiles, granite, Doors , sanitary etc our price is affordable you are free to compare our price

Make
Spanish

Italian

China
Nigeria
Etc
Qualities

Vitrified

Porcelain

Ceramic

Our location is at divine plaza shop 215- 220 , by our line odun-ade market coker badagry Expressway Lagos

Visit my thread check https://www.nairaland.com/dfameguy11s

https:///2347087953771

(1) (2) (3) ... (1569) (1570) (1571) (1572) (1573) (1574) (1575) ... (3670) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: obago(m), oduncojamaica(m), Zzyzxt(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.