Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,093 members, 7,835,681 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1608) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4443194 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1605) (1606) (1607) (1608) (1609) (1610) (1611) ... (3678) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 8:29pm On Sep 13, 2020
valencia2012:

A very Merry Birthday to you!
Can you produce this with wrought iron?
Can I install it before plastering? If yes, can you visit my site as soon as possible to take measurements
What's the projected cost?
yes sir. I'm currently discussing such with oga Ne3t now. Can you send me a message on my WhatsApp let's discuss the details about the job

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 8:38pm On Sep 13, 2020
RipVanWink:
So trying to put ceiling in a kobo kobo project.
Its btw pvc and "asbestos".
I dislike pvc, but it appears cheaper than asbestos.
I am yet to do a market survey, but heard 1 board is 1.2m x 1.2m about 3k.
Have not measured the area, but sitting rm is 14 x 12ft, 3 br 12 x 12ft, toilet kitchen, bathroom 8ft x 8ft.
Veranda has 3 sections 10ft x 7ft, 10ft x 7ft and 16ft x 7ft.
Can someone give me a fair cost for labour and materials.

Also electrical wiring, whats a fair figure for workmanship..
3br bungalow imo state

In my opinion, why not go for suspended ceiling. Installation and materials is @ 2100 per sqm. It is better to either of your two choices.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by valencia2012(m): 8:40pm On Sep 13, 2020
michlins:
yes sir. I'm currently discussing such with oga Ne3t now. Can you send me a message on my WhatsApp let's discuss the details about the job

Affirmative!
As long as there are middlemen involved. Its your outfit. Tomorrow then? 1000 hours?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cjfbn: 8:41pm On Sep 13, 2020
Muyi002:

In my opinion, why not go for suspended ceiling. Installation and materials is @ 2100 per sqm. It is better to either of your two choices.
Do you mean POP?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 8:45pm On Sep 13, 2020
valencia2012:

Affirmative!
As long as there are middlemen involved. Its your outfit. Tomorrow then? 1000 hours?
you're speaking in the language of learned. Can you bring it down to my level please
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 8:46pm On Sep 13, 2020
cjfbn:

Do you mean POP?

Not POP. See attached.
This is used by banks.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 8:50pm On Sep 13, 2020
n3xt:

I did over 2,000sqm of 0.7mm with Tower last year, I can tell the difference.

Even their .55 is thicker than the imported materials.
Do they have sales points nationwide?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 8:55pm On Sep 13, 2020
make order now tommorow is Monday..
distance is not a barrier.
we sell and supply straight and dependable roofing woods and roofing materials at cheaper cost.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by OlaogunMichael(m): 8:55pm On Sep 13, 2020
Steps on how to buy a land in Nigeria. Land Surveyor's Recommendation On Buying Land

Buying a land in Nigeria can be a very profitable or risky business in Nigeria especially in Lagos and Ogun state. This is due to the states strategic positions to the ports, commercial center and small land mass.

Buying a land or any property in Nigeria is possible if you use one of the different methods, this methods have their own advantages and disadvantages.
[img][/img]
1. Buying directly from the ancestral family who owns the land.

Advantage:

*Very cheap and profitable to whoever wants to venture into land selling business which is very lucrative. I will be giving more information on how to start a land selling business in my next post.

Disadvantage:

*Very risky, stressful and time consuming. But risk can be minimize if you follow the steps i will be giving below on how to buy a land and also you work with the right professionals.

2. Buying from a real estate company.

Advantage:

*This is a very fast and convenient method. Buying can be done via phone call and allocation of land within the estate is done later.

Disadvantage:

*It is a very expensive process due to the inflation in selling price of land and inclusion of different unnecessary service charge during and after completion of the purchase, example of the charges are allocation fee,buying fee,agreement fee,building fee, yearly service charge and so much more.

*Some real estate company are fraudulent company whom only aim to scam you of your money.

*Some real estate company misled people into buying government land knowing while giving them documents of another area before they buy the land or house.

*Some do not even have any land for sale, they lie to you and cause problem and run away with peoples money.

3. Buying directly from an individual.

Advantage:

* This method has the lowest risk of buying properties in Nigeria and that is land or house.

Disadvantages:

* Price is dependent on how much the individual is willing to sell it to you.

Note: this method never the less has it own little risk.

[img][/img]

In all, buying a land in Nigeria using any of the methods is still very risky and risk can be minimize following this few steps:

I will advice you that the following steps are very important steps especially to people buying land or properties from overseas and the abroad.

Steps to buying a land in Nigeria:

1. The first and most important step for anyone buying property in Nigeria either from the abroad or living in nigeria is to

* Hire a professional land surveyor (This is very important)

* Hire a professional lawyer.

2. Make research about the owner or owners of the land . Ask if there are any hidden charges after paying for the land.

3. Employ the services of your surveyor for site recce to help you verify if the land is not on government acquisition and give you report on the state of land laws in the area and advice you.

4. Pay if you are fine with the surveyors report and pleased with the result of you and your surveyor research.(please do not forget to collect receipt as evidence of payment).

5. Employ the service of our survey to carry out the survey of your land and provide you with the original survey plan. (To verify a original survey plan, i will making a recommendation at the end of this post)

6. Employ the service of your lawyer to draft an agreement with the seller, please include your receipt and original survey plan in the agreement.

Note : A land survey helps you secure your land, this serves as receipt from the government that you are the owner of the land and anyone who does any thing on that land might be charged with trespassing and this should be included in the agreement.

My Recommendation :
Contact Land Surveyor Olaogun Michael Ekundayo On 09025234582

To help with Land surveying in Lagos, Ogun or anywhere in Nigeria.

For Land Documentation and to check a land if fake or original before buying land or property.
To check land title before you buy land and to chart land before you buy.
To check if land is free or not.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by valencia2012(m): 9:01pm On Sep 13, 2020
michlins:
you're speaking in the language of learned. Can you bring it down to my level please

Sorry, I meant as long as there are no middlemen involved and it's your outfit.
1000 hours tomorrow then.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:07pm On Sep 13, 2020
RipVanWink:
So trying to put ceiling in a kobo kobo project.
Its btw pvc and "asbestos".
I dislike pvc, but it appears cheaper than asbestos.
I am yet to do a market survey, but heard 1 board is 1.2m x 1.2m about 3k.
Have not measured the area, but sitting rm is 14 x 12ft, 3 br 12 x 12ft, toilet kitchen, bathroom 8ft x 8ft.
Veranda has 3 sections 10ft x 7ft, 10ft x 7ft and 16ft x 7ft.
Can someone give me a fair cost for labour and materials.

Also electrical wiring, whats a fair figure for workmanship..
3br bungalow imo state

As you consider your choices, factor in the allegation that POP is fire retardant. I use POP exclusively for this reason.

Good luck on your final choice.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:12pm On Sep 13, 2020
In regards to solar, I recommend to my customers that they shouldn't go off grid as a first step because it will be overwhelmingly expensive.

A good start is a hybrid inverter with matching panels and batteries to power devices from dusk to dawn. With a hybrid inverter you can still plug in NEPA and/or generator - the system I sell manages the most effective connection for you.

So you can use NEPA during the day and then switch to full solar at dusk (programable).

Then as time and funds goes on you can start adding panels and batteries. At the same time you can start reducing your consumption. For example changing your devices to more efficient ones. Lights bulbs to lower wattages, etc

The best thing about solar is its upgradability and scalability.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by coldcandy: 9:13pm On Sep 13, 2020
Leezah:
300k depending on the KVA you want.

This cost should be 8 years ago.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 9:20pm On Sep 13, 2020
valencia2012:

Sorry, I meant as long as there are no middlemen involved and it's your outfit.
1000 hours tomorrow then.
we haven't discussed your location and you don't know what I already planned for tomorrow. You can't just ask me to leave everything I planned to do tomorrow and start coming to your site. These are things we need to sort out before I move from my place to your site

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by valencia2012(m): 9:32pm On Sep 13, 2020
michlins:
we haven't discussed your location and you don't know what I already planned for tomorrow. You can't just ask me to leave everything I planned to do tomorrow and start coming to your site. These are things we need to sort out before I move from my place to your site

You requested that I send you a message on WhatsApp so we can talk. Isn't it?
This is why I suggested 1000 hours tomorrow for a chat in my first response even with a question mark. I don't just say "hello" on WhatsApp without an appointment. I would be a joke to ask you to proceed directly to my site " leaving everything you planned to do"
We seem to have started on an uncomfortable note.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RipVanWink: 9:38pm On Sep 13, 2020
Muyi002:

Wow, that cheap.
How come its cheaper than "asbestos"
Or couuld someone confirm the price of the old ceiling board calleed asbestos in nigeria.
Cc Egunmogaji

Pop is out of it, as itss an old village house, being renovated, it could leak or something happen.
Any suspended ceiling installer in imo state??

Also the roof is shed roof, so no space inside the roof to enter and work. I hope it wont be an issue, as i recall seeing suspended ceilings inside caravans.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 9:38pm On Sep 13, 2020
Best Aluminium or First Aluminium....top players....

n3xt:

Correct! SUMO
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 9:43pm On Sep 13, 2020
valencia2012:

You requested that I send you a message on WhatsApp so we can talk. Isn't it?
This is why I suggested [b]1000 hours tomorrow for a chat[/b]in my first response even with a question mark. I don't just say "hello" on WhatsApp without an appointment. I would be a joke to ask you to proceed directly to my site " leaving everything you planned to do"
We seem to have started on an uncomfortable note.
na there every scatter. I no come understand the time you talked about. But I now understand you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Leezah(f): 10:12pm On Sep 13, 2020
Please help me check the quotation my plumber gave me just to do small gutter and repair works.

1. 1 length of 2 1200
2. 2 Tees bend & floor drain #1500
3. Cement #500
4. Labour #7000
5. 20 pieces of 6by6by18 block @180 #3600
6. 4 bags of granite stones @ #1000 #4000
7. 8 bags of sharp sand @ 500 #4000
8. 2 bags of cement @2700 # 3400
9. 1 6by6by9ft long tick pipe #6000
10. 3 2 Tees at 200 #600
12 2 Taps for kitchen and outside 2600
13. Labour for digging & bricklayer #7000
14. Gum 600
Transport #5000

Please your input is needed.

Thanks in anticipation

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Leezah(f): 10:13pm On Sep 13, 2020
coldcandy:

This cost should be 8 years ago.
No! Current rate.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by soonest(f): 10:22pm On Sep 13, 2020
Muyi002:

Not POP. See attached.
This is used by banks.

Please what's the difference between this suspended ceiling and normal "asbestos" ceiling board?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SurveyorGeo: 10:26pm On Sep 13, 2020
Leezah:
Please this price is for how many kva?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SurveyorGeo: 10:31pm On Sep 13, 2020
Flash Sale!!!
One Plot of land for sale, behind Unilag Estate, off School of Science Road, Magodo, Lagos.
Price: 5 million. For more information call 08069018449
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Leezah(f): 10:33pm On Sep 13, 2020
SurveyorGeo:

Please this price is for how many kva?
1.5KVA
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SurveyorGeo: 11:19pm On Sep 13, 2020
Leezah:
1.5KVA
Thanks for the response ma
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 11:34pm On Sep 13, 2020
House of comotion, can you imagine...

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by coldcandy: 11:38pm On Sep 13, 2020
Leezah:
1.5KVA

300k may not put you off grid except its a minishop or one room apartment without fridge or AC.
The Inverter shud be about 70k.
How many batteries?
How many panels?
Cost of other accessories....

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by coldcandy: 11:41pm On Sep 13, 2020
Leezah:
Please help me check the quotation my plumber gave me just to do small gutter and repair works.

1. 1 length of 2 1200
2. 2 Tees bend & floor drain #1500
3. Cement #500
4. Labour #7000
5. 20 pieces of 6by6by18 block @180 #3600
6. 4 bags of granite stones @ #1000 #4000
7. 8 bags of sharp sand @ 500 #4000
8. 2 bags of cement @2700 # 3400
9. 1 6by6by9ft long tick pipe #6000
10. 3 2 Tees at 200 #600
12 2 Taps for kitchen and outside 2600
13. Labour for digging & bricklayer #7000
14. Gum 600
Transport #5000

Please your input is needed.

Thanks in anticipation
You may not get an answer because there's no drawing of the pipe layout.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jabolo(m): 11:55pm On Sep 13, 2020
michlins:

I see, a few pages back, Gbadexy offered you a collabo. I would jump on it if I were you, if only to learn how to better communicate with potential clients.

You may be in the right but this tone will put me off as a potential client, in what is a simple case of miscommunication.

Good luck.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 11:57pm On Sep 13, 2020
n3xt:

To be honest, I use 0.35 on my roof and it’s almost 9 years now. No issues!
_____
No one should abuse me o.
I won’t recommend this to anyone but that’s difference of a good installer. If anyone doubt it, just bring your calliper and come and test the gauge.

In those time, things were better... we remembered when you were building it o.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 12:00am On Sep 14, 2020
valencia2012:

A very Merry Birthday to you!
Can you produce this with wrought iron?
Can I install it before plastering? If yes, can you visit my site as soon as possible to take measurements
What's the projected cost?

This rail is marvelous.

Hahji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 12:03am On Sep 14, 2020
Leezah:

How much do you think 5kva and 10kva will cost? I mean the whole equipments. Hybrid, Inverter & NEPA & Generator. Thanks.

@kiekie1
@EgunMogaji2

Hajji M.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1605) (1606) (1607) (1608) (1609) (1610) (1611) ... (3678) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: EgunMogaji2, Tee92(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.